PDA

View Full Version : nice or rice...widebody variation

chuck
04-24-2005, 12:20 AM
i've got this same kit on my car but i had one of the guys on the MR2 forum photoshop this fender idea i had...just looking for some honest opinions.

the original idea sparker:
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/747000-747999/747527_4_full.jpg

take 1: (front fenders changed)
http://www.r2works.net/img_host/widebody.jpg

take 2 (rear & front fenders changed):
http://www.r2works.net/img_host/widebody2.jpg

wannab20hatch
04-24-2005, 12:25 AM
rear no.2 yes. front no.

Bishop
04-24-2005, 12:27 AM
hmmm...idk...i kinda like the rear number 1

chuck
04-24-2005, 12:28 AM
well the first rear i already have...its how the kit comes...the front is changed on the first mr2 picture and the front and rear are changed on the second mr2 picture

The Yousef
04-24-2005, 12:36 AM
i like the stock body lines too much....there is dude on here with a blue mr2 with kit that looks badass

Cliff
04-24-2005, 12:59 AM
i don't like at all....plus you'd have to do alot of adjusting your original idea to make the doors functional....overall not too impressive...cool concept though

4dmin
04-24-2005, 01:45 AM
the car better be turbo and fast - then yes... and if your car can't reach 150mph then no :goodjob:

HyPer50
04-24-2005, 02:14 AM
my opinion, rice.

5thgcelica
04-24-2005, 08:06 AM
i like the original real....and the front isnt too bad. but you'd have a lot of work to do to make it look and fucntion like that.

uncle_el
04-24-2005, 09:49 AM
if you can put a set of rims that are a standard size, it's not wide enough... either way, stock looks much better than that.

jdmlude
04-24-2005, 10:26 AM
wack..if your gonna go w/ a wide body do the TRD kit that makes it look ferrarish.

Kevykev
04-24-2005, 10:28 AM
not at all son.

Julio
04-24-2005, 10:29 AM
rice

chuck
04-24-2005, 10:51 AM
wack..if your gonna go w/ a wide body do the TRD kit that makes it look ferrarish.
i've got the TRD kit already, just trying to think about how to make it look a little different than the other 1,000 people out there with the same thing...this would be a "widebody variation"

i like the original real....and the front isnt too bad. but you'd have a lot of work to do to make it look and fucntion like that.
well the function is really out of the question unless i was just cooling the brakes...the work isn't actually too bad because i'm going to have to build up that area anyway because the fenders can't line up with the front bumper without having a big gap between the fender and the door.

the car better be turbo and fast - then yes... and if your car can't reach 150mph then no :goodjob:
yes, its the NA body (lightest mr2 body) with an imported 3SGTE turbo engine (225 stock), its just got basic bolt on's now and plenty quick to start but even more is on the way after i get the body done.

i don't like at all....plus you'd have to do alot of adjusting your original idea to make the doors functional....overall not too impressive...cool concept though
well it is a widebody, i've already measured it out and figured i could bring back the fenders 2 inches over the doors without changing the doors, but if i wanted to go back more i could switch out the door bar that stops the door from hitting the stock fender, a shorter one would take maybe 5 minutes to put in both sides...not too much work.

as of now i think i may give it a try on a front fender, just throw together something to give me more of a visual idea...but my 2 is all black and wingless, not red and flying on sticker power.

İhris
04-24-2005, 11:08 AM
i like what u got on the car now.... its looking real good

chuck
04-24-2005, 11:23 AM
i like what u got on the car now.... its looking real good
thats the trd kit (replica, but exactly the same final product, just takes a lot more work to get there)....but i still want to be different that something someone can just go buy and install...and i just don't like the door drop offs, to me they ruin the nice lines...

The Yousef
04-24-2005, 12:51 PM
http://carpron.com/albums/Nmonty/my2_003.sized.jpg

his handle on IA is NMonty...^that ride looks sick!!

chuck
04-24-2005, 01:10 PM
http://carpron.com/albums/Nmonty/my2_003.sized.jpg

his handle on IA is NMonty...^that ride looks sick!!

no offense to anyone or anyones car but give me a day and i could probably find 10-20 mr2's with the border front and the tom's sides and rear.
don't get me wrong, that's nice...his car looks like a nice clean import, but i still want something more like this that turns heads all over the place, isn't the same thing that anyone can just go out and throw down some change for and has the motor to back it up. i've already got this same kit (trd replica), now i just need to chop the top a couple inches, the final product i'm hoping for is something like this, just solid black and maybe the fender openings:

The Yousef
04-24-2005, 01:12 PM
don't get me wrong, that's nice...his car looks like a nice clean import, but i still want something more like this that turns heads all over the place, isn't the same thing that anyone can just go out and throw down some change for and has the motor to back it up. i've already got this same kit (trd replica), now i just need to chop the top a couple inches, the final product i'm hoping for is something like this, just solid black and maybe the fender openings:

oh okay.... :)

yeah that red kit does look badass :goodjob:

The Ren
04-24-2005, 01:13 PM
that is teh sex.. hotness

İhris
04-24-2005, 01:15 PM
yeah that red one is really hot