PDA

View Full Version : midnight mtn run last night...

speedminded
03-19-2006, 01:30 PM
Who all from IA went? No video, no pictures, no cops...just 15+ cars took off to the mountains last night at 11pm. The leader was rockin slicks on a light ass bimmer while i had sticky competition 215's in the front and 205's street tires in the rear = crazy fwd oversteer. Then of course there was a certain miata that was at full lock through half the turns :tongue:

Alot of shit talking, few people went home with their tail between their legs, and luckily only 1 incident that I know of...S14 lost it in one of the worst curves on Hwy. 180 (couple turns before the hairpin going towards 129 (yeah the one where you can see the road below well over 100' down) Spun and tapped the inside wall with the rear 1/4 and kept going with a bimmer hot on his tail narrowly missing pushing him off :eek: I came around the turn behind them to see two sets of skid marks, smoke, and i instantly starting counting cars hoping there was still 4 infront of me :)

Good times, hope everyone else made it down in one piece...

Stormhammer
03-19-2006, 01:43 PM
I wish I was there lol

hm - I'll go once I get new tires and the brakes goin... stupid shops fuck things up[

Darling Nikki
03-19-2006, 01:59 PM
That doesn't sound like that was a smart thing to do.

IronEagle
03-19-2006, 02:05 PM
Sounds like it was exciting.

green91
03-19-2006, 02:07 PM
id gone if id known it was happenin! mtns + night = :)

IntegraXTR
03-19-2006, 02:13 PM
damn, wish I had known about this

ironchef
03-19-2006, 02:15 PM
id gone if id known it was happenin! mtns + night = :)Damn me too!!

BufordŽ
03-19-2006, 02:19 PM
If I knew Jason was going, I woulda gone. lol

EP3sAreFun
03-19-2006, 03:28 PM
did you guys go u to the Tail?

my friend and i were going to go

green91
03-19-2006, 03:59 PM
i dont think they went up that far

EP3sAreFun
03-19-2006, 04:00 PM
well damn.. wish i knew some people going

EJ25RUN
03-19-2006, 04:06 PM
Who all from IA went? No video, no pictures, no cops...just 15+ cars took off to the mountains last night at 11pm. The leader was rockin slicks on a light ass bimmer while i had sticky competition 215's in the front and 205's street tires in the rear = crazy fwd oversteer. Then of course there was a certain miata that was at full lock through half the turns :tongue:

Alot of shit talking, few people went home with their tail between their legs, and luckily only 1 incident that I know of...S14 lost it in one of the worst curves on Hwy. 180 (couple turns before the hairpin going towards 129 (yeah the one where you can see the road below well over 100' down) Spun and tapped the inside wall with the rear 1/4 and kept going with a bimmer hot on his tail narrowly missing pushing him off :eek: I came around the turn behind them to see two sets of skid marks, smoke, and i instantly starting counting cars hoping there was still 4 infront of me :)

I was shotgun in da bimmer :cool:

first part rode with friends '81 corolla,

thanx Moe for the wrench in the tire :eye:

good to see all who came and

my first time riding, i will be driving next time.

EJ25RUN
03-19-2006, 04:08 PM
did you guys go u to the Tail?

my friend and i were going to go

tail as in tail of the dragon?

no but that places is worth the trip.

we went to "blood mountain" or somethin like that.

EP3sAreFun
03-19-2006, 04:16 PM
GRRR wtf

he said he knew some people going but they were gonig to the tail instead

and thats why we didnt go, cause the tail was too far for last night

could you guys clue me in next time you make a trip?

EJ25RUN
03-19-2006, 04:17 PM
GRRR wtf

he said he knew some people going but they were gonig to the tail instead

and thats why we didnt go, cause the tail was too far for last night

could you guys clue me in next time you make a trip?

fo sho

hey, ....., i dont see you at campus anymore,.....?

1439/2000
03-19-2006, 04:29 PM
Hmmm interesting. I was up there a few days ago.

EP3sAreFun
03-19-2006, 04:30 PM
I dropped my 8 am Brit Lit class..........

damn old lady was going for an Old English PHD, or something to that extent... so ofcourse she makes the class out to be like all of us are too.

BLAKOUTD
03-19-2006, 04:31 PM
finally you guys came down to where i lived hahahah so how was the drive up here? yeah i only live 15 minutes away from that mountain "BLOOD MTN".
i was the guy wit the black sentra u guys had to wait for me at the top. sorry bout that.

HiPSI
03-19-2006, 04:34 PM

so in other words a few people that could drive and a bunch of friggin idiots went to go try to run their cars off of cliffs in the dark.

EJ25RUN
03-19-2006, 04:34 PM
I dropped my 8 am Brit Lit class..........

damn old lady was going for an Old English PHD, or something to that extent... so ofcourse she makes the class out to be like all of us are too.

sux!

anyways, the next big run should be better if more peeps show up.

green91
03-19-2006, 04:38 PM
blackoutd, where you located? im about 15 mins also from blood mtn. im up there nearly ever clear weekend.

EP3sAreFun
03-19-2006, 04:40 PM

oh yeah and uhhh....... i'll be in the back lol

BLAKOUTD
03-19-2006, 04:40 PM
yeah i live in habersham ahaha git-r-done naww fuck that. cornelia and u?

green91
03-19-2006, 04:45 PM
ah gotcha in reppin dahlonega lol.

BLAKOUTD
03-19-2006, 04:46 PM
what u got done to that hatch?

i'm trying to set up a meet around our area tired of drivin damn a hour to meets man u interested?

green91
03-19-2006, 04:48 PM
hell yea, ive got 1.6 swap, custom turbo kit, full suspension, wheels/tires, etc.. i'd definately like to meet some more mtn locals.

BLAKOUTD
03-19-2006, 04:51 PM
i gotta find some more people. u think u can gather up some people?
all the people i know have mustangs and shiet. now i just gotta find a place u know of a place?

green91
03-19-2006, 04:55 PM
depends on what time it would be i guess.. daytime we could possibly meet at vogel.. later on im not sure unless u wanted to meet in dahlonega or something. my family owns a small store and we could use the parking lot as long as everyone isnt being stupid.

BLAKOUTD
03-19-2006, 05:01 PM
yeah alot of dumbass kid down her just rev all the time. i've never seen them do burnouts or nothin. but if they do well just jump them dont worry. there is not that many imports down here nothin but muscle but i got a couple of friends wit some fast rides. i will be fast one day. where is ur familys restaurant?
and where is vogel?

green91
03-19-2006, 05:03 PM
its actually a store and restaurant in one building in dahlonega.. vogel state park is off hwy 129.

BLAKOUTD
03-19-2006, 05:06 PM
is the parking lot pretty big?

green91
03-19-2006, 05:18 PM
its not huge but it can easily hold 10-15 cars. plus the law wont mess with us there because my family owns it.. as long as everyone isnt retarted when they leave lol

BLAKOUTD
03-19-2006, 05:40 PM
how many people u know?

redlinenprelude
03-19-2006, 05:50 PM
wow at night??

BLAKOUTD
03-19-2006, 05:53 PM
yes

green91
03-19-2006, 06:33 PM
i know a couple of locals that would likely come.

Nopaintsls
03-19-2006, 07:04 PM
I was shotgun in da bimmer :cool:

first part rode with friends '81 corolla,

thanx Moe for the wrench in the tire :eye:

good to see all who came and

my first time riding, i will be driving next time.

hehehehe..... ya that shit was funny... i was goin into on turn a lil to fast.. then all of a sudden everythin was shifting and moving around.. heheh A wrench fell out my hatch and went in the this guys corolla's tire.. other than that it was fun..!!!

srt4
03-19-2006, 08:32 PM
i almost ran my shit off the side with 3 others with me

collins
03-19-2006, 09:08 PM
that sir, is because its a neon. lol not hatin, i just dont think its what the car was built for. but as long as you had fun, thats the main thing. i'll join on the next one if my car stops breaking! lol

kittyspeed
03-19-2006, 09:27 PM
i almost ran my shit off the side with 3 others with me
Yeah but that wasn't your fault! You handled it very well considering your brakes and stering was going out. And that certain person who bright lighted you and then desides to pass and drift right in frount of you (you know who you are asshole:2up: Thanks man!) besides that it was pretty fun. But next time we all need to take 985 N to get there it's about an hour faster for every one.

speedminded
03-19-2006, 09:33 PM
Yeah but that wasn't your fault! You handled it very well considering your brakes and stering was going out. And that certain person behind us drifting and bright lighting us right in frount of you. (you know who you are asshole:2up: Thanks man!) besides that it was pretty fun. But next time we all need to take 985 N to get there it's about an hour faster for every one."bright lighting in front of you" :thinking:

kittyspeed
03-19-2006, 09:38 PM
"bright lighting in front of you" :thinking:
LOL oops behind us then pass us and drifted right in frount us.

speedminded
03-19-2006, 09:54 PM
LOL oops behind us then pass us and drifted right in frount us....normally you yield to the faster drivers, especially if they're buried up your ass like Peter North. I moved over a few times to wave a car by because i wasn't exactly comfortable with my tire setup and wasn't going to risk anything and certainly not with a passenger :2cents:

kittyspeed
03-20-2006, 03:09 PM
...normally you yield to the faster drivers, especially if they're buried up your ass like Peter North. I moved over a few times to wave a car by because i wasn't exactly comfortable with my tire setup and wasn't going to risk anything and certainly not with a passenger :2cents:
I know. I was the passenger.

morelian09
03-20-2006, 03:24 PM
the mountain was fun. but it could have been better if they hadn't changed the plans at the last minute and didn't bother to tell anyone. me and diego were ridding by ourself for a while untill we met up with bruce, (thats fucked up). the eg handled pretty good for a front wheel drive untile my brakes went out so i had to slow it down (i was close moe). oh and about the srt4 that shit fucken moves on the mountain we've been to the mountain with him before and he kills that shit, but his car was acting up real bad thoe

speedminded
03-20-2006, 03:35 PM
the mountain was fun. but it could have been better if they hadn't changed the plans at the last minute and didn't bother to tell anyone. me and diego were ridding by ourself for a while untill we met up with bruce, (thats fucked up). the eg handled pretty good for a front wheel drive untile my brakes went out so i had to slow it down (i was close moe). oh and about the srt4 that shit fucken moves on the mountain we've been to the mountain with him before and he kills that shit, but his car was acting up real bad thoeTell him to get it running because i'll be ready...i've seen them several times up there and even with good driver's and sticky tires they seem to be sleds with bad understeer. If I had a more predictable tire setup I would have been sliding side by side with the green miata and 1st red bimmer ;)

srt4
03-20-2006, 05:12 PM
i was only at 9 psi with 4 people and my car was overheating that really slowed me down and believe me next time i will be ready

BLAKOUTD
03-20-2006, 06:56 PM
possom so i dont get a thank u? hahah and for the rest of u fucker i could slaughter each and everyone of u guys on the mtn. anyday muahahaha evil!!! i tell ya

srt4
03-20-2006, 08:14 PM
thats why u spun out trying to keep up with me :2up:

BLAKOUTD
03-20-2006, 08:52 PM
fuck u it wasn't my fault ass munch ahahaha i just didnt want to mess up my new tires

BLAKOUTD
03-20-2006, 08:55 PM
there was dirt on the road

Allmota
03-21-2006, 04:37 PM
I WAS THERE it was awsome and im trying to go more often. some of thoes roads are crazy!!!!! fun as shit tho!

Allmota
03-21-2006, 04:42 PM
i was only at 9 psi with 4 people and my car was overheating that really slowed me down and believe me next time i will be ready

why dont you turn the boost back up too 23 pounds:doh: ! why were you running that much in the mountains anyways? thats pretty fucking stupid if you ask me.

Allmota
03-21-2006, 04:44 PM
well im pretty sure everyone else will be ready too. why dont we set up some runs next time to see.

BLAKOUTD
03-21-2006, 05:15 PM
how do u think spec v handles on the mtns? i think i saw in a magazine that there were up there wit the evos and stis

IronEagle
03-21-2006, 06:55 PM
I would guess very well with the LSD and tuned handling by NISMO.

morelian09
03-22-2006, 12:23 AM
hahaha thank you bruce lol. and yea i know the srt4 handles good it might have understear and all, but brandon can fucking drive that shit good. and i fixed the brakes so next time i'll be ready to keep up with the best or atleast stay with the pack

{X}Echo419
03-22-2006, 08:20 AM
That doesn't sound like that was a smart thing to do.

Sounds like it was exciting.

usually go together

speedminded
03-22-2006, 08:23 AM
usually go togetherlol! exactlyyy, last words from a redneck, "hey ya'll...watch this!" :D

EJ25RUN
03-22-2006, 08:44 AM
the mountain was fun. but it could have been better if they hadn't changed the plans at the last minute and didn't bother to tell anyone. me and diego were ridding by ourself for a while untill we met up with bruce, (thats fucked up). the eg handled pretty good for a front wheel drive untile my brakes went out so i had to slow it down (i was close moe). oh and about the srt4 that shit fucken moves on the mountain we've been to the mountain with him before and he kills that shit, but his car was acting up real bad thoe

Ahh, you didnt see what i saw.

Srt4 understeer was in full effect.

speedminded
03-22-2006, 08:50 AM
Ahh, you didnt see what i saw.

Srt4 understeer was in full effect.No use in repeating it, just have to video the next run...we all know a stock suspension srt-4 will plow through turns, even with a great driver hammering the throttle with perfect timing.

EJ25RUN
03-22-2006, 08:53 AM
No use in repeating it, just have to video the next run...we all know a stock suspension srt-4 will plow through turns, even with a great driver hammering the throttle with perfect timing.

hmm... should have brought the camera from friends car :doh:

didnt expect the ride to be that fun.

but really there were times it looked he was trying too hard and nearly went

off. just ask mike and thomas.

speedminded
03-22-2006, 09:02 AM
hmm... should have brought the camera from friends car :doh:

didnt expect the ride to be that fun.

but really there were times it looked he was trying too hard and nearly went

off. just ask mike and thomas.I have an in-car camera mount but no camera (mine took a shit on me) Thomas was gonna let me borrow his video camera but we left it at the shop :headslap:

no need to ask them, i got behind him at the bottom before they all went straight at Turner's corner.

Jehu
03-22-2006, 12:17 PM
how do u think spec v handles on the mtns? i think i saw in a magazine that there were up there wit the evos and stis
They handle quite nicely. I had one with me the time I went last year (October I think?).

There's a bunch of S2K's and Preludes going up to the tail April 21-23.

I wouldn't mind doing one of these runs though. Someone needs to give me a heads up! I'll have my Azenis on after this weekend! ;)