PDA

View Full Version : Misc The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift

Nippon
03-18-2006, 03:07 AM
Look... I'm gonna let you guys/girls say your peace about this one...

As for me...? Uh.... well.... hmmm....

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/thefastandthefurioustokyodrift.html;_ylt=Aga3kfubu sQXsuGfmHOwNFdfVXcA

PiNAY
03-18-2006, 08:03 AM
yeah.. it didn't look as great to me either..

but my bf still wants to go and see it, so we'll find out on may 26th!

:tongue:

chameleon30038
03-18-2006, 11:06 AM
i saw it already and laughed my ass off

ReCkLe5s
03-18-2006, 11:57 AM
omg nooooOOooOOOooo

Mpatient
03-18-2006, 12:05 PM
Lil' bow wow, a drifter, LMFAO ! ! ! :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

{X}Echo419
03-18-2006, 12:30 PM
F & F 3= LAME

Nippon
03-18-2006, 04:47 PM
Its sad to see whats become of the movie. It seems like a larger budge of that other street racer movie that I heard didnt do to well... what was it

STREETS OF LEGEND...

wow... I wonder when they'll actually real turners do a movie...

The problem is... I would ALMOST take this seriously... if Bow-wow wasnt in it. I mean... come on guys... what Bow-wow movie can you actually take seriously?? :rolleyes:

Z32redondo
03-18-2006, 05:23 PM
The first F a F movie that has a good story line. You start at the bottom and drift to work your way to the top of the underground scene.

Nothing wrong with drifting but if it had real street racing, with ALOT less rice, like it is in the real world, it would be alot better.

Not to metion they took out paul walker and Vin Deisel for some country mother fucker and Bow Wow

Nippon
03-18-2006, 05:52 PM
The country boy, I can stand. He's a pretty good actor. But the contrast is... him being country, but in Japan? Yeah...

As far as Bow-wow... I'm not too excited over it.

KNHTRDR
03-18-2006, 06:40 PM
looks sad but gonna see it anyway :eye:

The Yousef
03-18-2006, 06:44 PM
...i guess if you turn your brain off it may not be that bad :lmfao:

Nippon
03-18-2006, 06:54 PM
hehe

Z32redondo
03-18-2006, 07:51 PM
...i guess if you turn your brain off it may not be that bad :lmfao:

I'll bring my girl with me so, I will think with my (below body parts).

lol

twkg
03-18-2006, 10:54 PM
actually kinda like the trailor. n im actually likin the rb mustang. dont know why they picked bow wow...n never really seen anybody drift in a parking garage. i gotta admit, im curious to see how this one ends up.

The Yousef
03-18-2006, 10:58 PM
actually kinda like the trailor. n im actually likin the rb mustang. dont know why they picked bow wow...n never really seen anybody drift in a parking garage. i gotta admit, im curious to see how this one ends up.

...indeed

i'm liking how they're straying away from CGI for most of the scenes

CSquared
03-19-2006, 12:35 AM
wtf...

"If you aint outta control, you aint in control"... or whatever...

Regardless, i want to punch bow wow in the face... with a metal pole.

Nippon
03-19-2006, 12:39 AM
lol... they dont need CGI this time because they're probably using real drivers... :lmfao:

Other then that... yeah... its common in Tokyo, Yokosuka, Yokohama, Kawasakii-ku and other areas of Tokyo and japan to do lot drifting. I liked that uphill drift in the parking deck that nissan did.

But we must approach this not expecting a DAMN thing. lol.

PhAtBoYMr2
03-19-2006, 02:28 AM
9/10 people on this site will still go see the movie.......so quit hating..... :goodjob:

I personally will go see it, because the movie is for entertainment purposes, not feeding my common knowledge or informing me.

Z32redondo
03-19-2006, 02:56 AM
Ya now all the ricers are gonne have fugly cars, and try to drift.:jerkit:

JPA
03-19-2006, 03:53 AM
The movie looks cool except for the fact that the main character is a redneck. In Japan. I mean, give me a break. The rednecks are already getting their one movie of the year with that Larry the Cable Guy shit.

If he's a good actor though, he might be able to pull it off. We'll see.

Then again, if he's a good actor, they should have just told him to nix the accent for the role.

Eh, maybe the contrast is intentional. I'll go see it, I loved the first two, even if they were cheesy. It's just that after those highly-produced movies with dramatic stories, this one looks like a movie with a bunch of teenagers crashing cars. I guess it's the cars that matter the most, though.

ionblu_max96
03-19-2006, 06:40 PM
uh, ya...no comment

4dmin
03-19-2006, 07:11 PM
HELLO FUCKING FOREST GUMP MEETS UNDERGROUND TOKYO DRIFTING... lame :2up:

babowc
03-19-2006, 08:49 PM
This movie will make all the idiots want to go out and "drift" through those crowded intersections and in the parking decks.
F&F3 FTMFL

However, we all know we're all going to go watch this.

xXnimbusXx
03-20-2006, 01:08 AM
expect more diminished 240's and rx7 etc..... Also the scene is suppose to be in japan right?.... Doesnt even look like they are in japan. A bit disappointed. But I will admit, my curiousity will guide me to watch the movie. Maybe cause I saw a glimpse of signal auto and some other scene of REAL drifters.

Nippon
03-20-2006, 06:41 PM
Thats Japan alright. As a matter of fact, looks like a large chunck of the previews were in Shibuya-ku, Tokyo. The harbor shot looked like Yokosuka or Kawasakii area. But trust me... thats very much "on-location".

I'm thinking that Yellow and black car they kept on flashing is a Vemac... I'm sure all you JGTC buffs out there know what that is. Very nice care... It'd be awsome so see a Garaiya or a Tommy Kaira ZZII...

Brett
03-20-2006, 07:34 PM
That looks lame as fuck

fawk_you
03-21-2006, 07:10 AM
Dear god rest you drifting freak peoples souls... :jerkit: If the world already isnt humbled by followers... I dont know what is.

fawk_you
03-21-2006, 07:11 AM
That looks lame as fuck
Id plus 1 u again if I could! :doh: lol

chrisdavis
03-21-2006, 07:28 AM
Curiosity will get the better of me and I will watch it when it comes out on DVD. I couldn't see myself spending the money to see this in the theater.

Blitanicle99
03-21-2006, 11:26 AM
The night this comes out theres gonna so many wrecks because of the idiots who just saw the movie thinking they could drift their stock vehicles. God damn the media.

tony
03-21-2006, 11:53 AM
Damn the media for showing drifting in a format we've never seen before! This movie is going to ruin the tuner scene all in one night!

C'mon now.. seriously, I'm not ashamed to say I'm excited to see drifting in a movie period. Its one thing to see drifting on a course but I can only imagine what it will be like to see it up close from different camera angles.

I love 350Z's so I dont care who is driving one in the movie, I want to see it in action more than the actors. And a country accent makes you a redneck now? Its called CONTRAST, you know.. things that make the story being told more interesting. I think its obvious he's out of place, the guy is in Japan with a southern accent.

And about Bow wow.. unless someone has the script how can it be assumed that Bow wow is some kind of important person in the movie? He could be playing a wannabe for all you know (which would probably be fitting) again.. 90% of the people going to see the movie are not all into the import scene, they are going to be entertained so take it with a grain of salt and stop bitching.

JITB
03-21-2006, 03:35 PM
i rememeber when mike used to drift his miata and people would dog himout to all hell....lol

I want to see it im gonna be there openin night probrably.

FoolsDrifFWD
03-21-2006, 08:55 PM
This move looks so fucking stupid!!!!! I just hope it wont fuck up the sport to much.

91DSM
03-21-2006, 10:33 PM
This move looks so fucking stupid!!!!! I just hope it wont fuck up the sport to much.

true true. I jus cant wait into i see all those ricers pulling out of the movies over there in medlock. that shit gets packed wit ricers. im going opening night jus to go rice hunting

blurred visions
03-24-2006, 02:26 AM
It doesn't matter who's in the movie, 95% of you people on this board will put down any Fast and the Furious installments in a second. I know for a fact you have all seen the first one. Even if you hated it, you probably saw the second one as well.

I'll be honest, I don't mind the Fast and the Furious movies. It's not every day that you get to see modified cars on the big screen doing stunts. I like cars, so these movies are good in my book. So what if the acting sucks, an action movie is an action movie..

Z33_kid
03-24-2006, 06:15 AM
^^ true if they see it they will imitate and buy it will be weird looks like a teen movie especially with bow wow might be gay but ill see

wantboost
03-24-2006, 09:43 AM
one good thing is most of the idiots seeing the movie wont be able to afford drifting. they will reck their cars the first time out and go back to their riced out honda. btw i will see it on dvd.

{X}Echo419
03-24-2006, 01:29 PM
"we ride around with Turbos the size of Lil' Bow Wow" :lmfao: :lmfao:

Wurm
03-24-2006, 05:56 PM
i'll download it and watch it on the plasma. not a good enough looking movie to waste 30 bucks at the movies on

ironchef
03-24-2006, 07:28 PM
i'll download it and watch it on the plasma. not a good enough looking movie to waste 30 bucks at the movies onWhat movies are you going to and spending 30 bucks?

BlueHatch
03-25-2006, 06:27 PM
honestly who has walked into a fast and furious movie expecting to see good acting? we go for the race scenes and the cars. im gonna check it out i guess

Wurm
03-25-2006, 07:29 PM
What movies are you going to and spending 30 bucks?

you + girl + drink+ popcorn=$30+

The Green Monster
03-25-2006, 08:22 PM
"we ride around with Turbos the size of Lil' Bow Wow" :lmfao: :lmfao:

HAHA!!!

JPA
03-26-2006, 01:35 AM
It doesn't matter who's in the movie, 95% of you people on this board will put down any Fast and the Furious installments in a second. I know for a fact you have all seen the first one. Even if you hated it, you probably saw the second one as well.

I'll be honest, I don't mind the Fast and the Furious movies. It's not every day that you get to see modified cars on the big screen doing stunts. I like cars, so these movies are good in my book. So what if the acting sucks, an action movie is an action movie..
Man I LOVE the Fast and Furious movies. I have the first two on DVD and they're a ton of fun to watch. The cars are cool, there's a good dose of humor, and the action is good. It's just that they end up making teenagers drive like idiots, which bugs me. Then again, teenagers will drive like idiots anyway.

I always said that if the real meets were like ones at the beginnings of the first two F&F movies, I'd go to every one. All these nice show cars and hot models and people betting $3000 on the race and starting lines painted on the ground haha. Unfortuntantly in real life it's mostly a bunch of primered pieces of shit and stupid teenagers racing down busy streets. No "Road Closed" signs or anything.

The thing that gets to me about this trailer is that guy's accent. It drives me crazy, but I'll probably like the movie anyways. After about 10 minutes I'll be used to the accent. And yeah, I'll be seeing it in the theater when it comes out. :-P

FORTHEWIN
03-26-2006, 08:53 AM
the acting is gonna suck,i know cuz its TF&TF but, im still gonna see it. where else would we get such great lines as "hey, you wanna race tonite man?--yeah, you know i could use the money.-you got fo minutes man.- ill be there!!!" its classic shit, esp when you pops their hood when they pull up at a parking lot, and you look under and start namin off parts like the jetta kid from the first movie...its lame, but funny shit. besides, there's a few things I know, like...its not how you stand by your car, its how you drive it. i woulda never known had it not been for ja rule. so appreciate the lameness

Chris Mazda
03-27-2006, 12:20 AM
whats sad is the director is a good director whos made some great movies. He must be hard pressed for money right now to do this piece of shit

Hektik
03-27-2006, 02:55 AM
1. Ill prawly end up watching it...... no im sure I will.....more than half the people on here will no matter how much they deny it....
2. im buying every 240 i can get my hands on before the movie comes out. ill prawly make a shit load of money selling to all the kids who want to dorifto....lol
3. whats wrong with a country accent we in the south aint we.

Chris Mazda
03-27-2006, 07:24 AM
1. Ill prawly end up watching it...... no im sure I will.....more than half the people on here will no matter how much they deny it....
2. im buying every 240 i can get my hands on before the movie comes out. ill prawly make a shit load of money selling to all the kids who want to dorifto....lol
3. whats wrong with a country accent we in the south aint we.

4. its time to get a command of the english language.

ISAtlanta300
03-27-2006, 09:31 AM
The joke was good enough for the first movie. Thanks for the laugh. The second movie it is not funny anymore. The third movie is downright insulting.

ACCORDRYDA23
03-27-2006, 05:35 PM
does bow wow even have a drivers liscense.. he prolly has to sit on fone books.. id go jus to see the sik ass rides in teh movie.

wantboost
03-29-2006, 09:19 AM

i already got mine lol. but im gona look like some sellout wannabe thanks to this lol

RBpoweredSileighty
03-29-2006, 09:29 PM
my 240 will be where its been for a year "under construction" bow wow can rap, but his acting skillz? ummm who knows. the trailor looks good tho, im sure ill go see it a few days after it opens.

ShogunStylez
03-30-2006, 08:18 AM
2. im buying every 240 i can get my hands on before the movie comes out. ill prawly make a shit load of money selling to all the kids who want to dorifto....lol.

man that idea is ingenious, kids will probably be buyin up 240's like crazy. im goin to yahoo autos right now!

Cs_nirvana1
03-31-2006, 10:19 AM
Im so sick of looking at aisian ppl, and whats the obesseion with aisian girls? Never got that one, also this kid accentgot on my nerves in slingblade and jarhead and now this.

Arba1est
04-06-2006, 12:11 AM
look out! hes on the other side of the world, on the wrong side of the law!

tokyo drift these...

:jerkit:

DinanM3atl
04-07-2006, 10:55 AM
thatll be sweet movie... im in!!!

Slowboy
04-07-2006, 11:33 AM
OH snap :eek: bow wow, wtf were they thinkin :slap:, there better be some good quates from this moive, cause the old quates, are getting old, i probably hear at least one a week, "it doesnt matter if you win by a inch or a mile" and its not how you stand next to your car is how you drive it or whatever. I got that one standing next to my damn truck, wtf. anyway, im goin to see it anyway for a good laugh, im sure its funny.

IndianStig
04-10-2006, 08:50 PM
LMAO

im still gonna watch it

Z33_kid
04-10-2006, 09:11 PM
bow wow is gay n it makes drifting look stupid makes it look like a kid movie in some parts of the trailer clip like some disney channel thing well thts wht i tink

Outphase
04-11-2006, 05:43 PM
After I saw the first one, I vowed to never watch another car-related movie again.

neon_guy
04-12-2006, 09:20 AM
That's a harsh ananlysis. There are a lot of car related movies that aren't as ghey as the F&F series. I'm going to go see it. I wanna see an Evo slide. And I wanna see a redneck drift in a Jap car. For that alone, I'll go. And I'm going to rent a RWD car so I can engage in asshatery on that night.

Decker1.8t
04-15-2006, 11:47 PM
...indeed

i'm liking how they're straying away from CGI for most of the scenes

:lmfao:

ClipseGST
04-17-2006, 09:47 PM
I don't think it'll top the first one, but I think it'll be a good movie none the less. And yea.. it does suck that Bow Wow is in the movie. The should've stayed w/ the Brian Spillner timeline, and this time he found the girl from the first one & had to deal w/ Vin Diesel again. That would be a nice movie.

WBT_tuner
05-08-2006, 05:06 PM
it just looks retarded to me but i'm gonna see it just to go see it you know

NinjaHobo
05-08-2006, 05:39 PM
Of course we know that rednecks don't drive jap cars. Oh well, I guess I'm going to see it anyway. :)

bluuuurr
05-08-2006, 09:06 PM
the only thing I hate is that everyone will soon think they know everything their is to know about drifting...

fuck that..

Cato
05-09-2006, 12:52 PM
Its just a movie...just use it as entertainment and not information. But its only so often that you can see movies like this...even if its riced. I'll see it maybe a week after it comes out.

GsrTurbo320
05-09-2006, 12:57 PM
" Sean Boswell is an outsider who attempts to define himself as a hot-headed, underdog street racer. Although racing provides a temporary escape from an unhappy home and the superficial world around him, it has also made Sean unpopular with the local authorities. To avoid jail time, Sean is sent to live with his gruff, estranged father, a career military-man stationed in Tokyo. Now officially a gaijin (outsider), Sean feels even more shut out in a land of foreign customs and codes of honor. But it doesn't take long for him to find some action when a fellow American buddy, Twinkie, introduces him to the underground world of drift racing. Sean's simple drag racing gets replaced by a rubber-burning, automotive art form with an exhilarating balance of speeding and gliding through a heart-stopping course of hairpin turns and switchbacks. On his first time out drifting, Sean unknowingly takes on D.K., the "Drift King," a local champ with ties to the Japanese crime machine Yakuza. Sean's loss comes at a high price tag when he's forced to work off the debt under the thumb of ex-pat, Han. Han soon welcomes Sean into this family of misfits and introduces him to the real principles of drifting. But when Sean falls for D.K.'s girlfriend, Neela, an explosive series of events is set into motion, climaxing with a high stakes face off. "

bahawhahahahteeheeheee wtf

Cato
05-09-2006, 01:01 PM
^^^^
LIRL wow bow's name is twinkie?

AnthonyF
05-18-2006, 05:55 AM
I wish they Kept Spilner. If the ditched hima fter the 1st movie, it wouldn't be so bad. And he didn't die or disappear in the 2nd, so....why isn't he in the 3rd? They should have made something go wrong in the 2nd one so he COULDN'T come back. But the slides look intense, well, when they get hit by other cars.

yea Bow Wow, wtf? Why didn't they just choose Nick Cannon for the same role. lol

Mr_Mischif
05-18-2006, 07:20 AM
I'm not necessarily mad that they chose a country white guy for the role, just that they chose him. I mean, if they wanted a white guy, how come they couldn't get Gitten? He's would seeem out of place, which seems to be what they wanted, but the main character would have rep in the drifting world, which would help. Then there's Twinkie, aka Bow Wow. WT unholy F were they smoking when they thought of Bow Wow for this part, cause I want some! It should have been Gushi, since he's about 16 himself, and he's another player in the drift world, once again helping the movie.

ShooterMcGavin
05-18-2006, 08:00 AM
lol, bow wow is in this movie to roll bounch, not to drift :lmfao:

Bruce Leroy
05-18-2006, 10:02 AM
So whos is game for an IA FF3 meet??

ShooterMcGavin
05-18-2006, 10:19 AM
i'm sure a lot of ppl will be, gl deciding ONE theater though :D

Bruce Leroy
05-18-2006, 01:41 PM
Just do it at Atlantic station. It's a mid point for everyone.

ShooterMcGavin
05-18-2006, 01:43 PM
that place is always busy and crowded as fuck, not to mention they charge ur ass by the hr to park.

Bruce Leroy
05-18-2006, 03:23 PM
that place is always busy and crowded as fuck, not to mention they charge ur ass by the hr to park.

they do? I didn't know that. the only time that i parked there was when it first opened. oh well.

ShooterMcGavin
05-18-2006, 03:49 PM
^^^ yeah it's turned into a fuckin zoo now, ppl crammed up in there like sardines in a can. all the restaurants up there are packed 24/7 and the service is shitty as fuck too cuz they know they got more ppl lined up outside waiting to come in. really don't see what the hype is though, i mean it's a nice place and all but ppl are just making it to be more than it is.

Mr_Mischif
05-18-2006, 06:38 PM
How bout Tinseltown? or the one in Morrow?

green91
05-18-2006, 06:45 PM
i'll go watch it and enjoy it

Bballjamal
05-18-2006, 08:25 PM
I'll be @ newnan or tinsletown in Fayco! haha I don't even know when this movie comes out

A1EX
06-07-2006, 11:53 AM
im down if its at the regal 24 off chamblee

B16a2 Civic
06-07-2006, 11:55 AM
your too young to get in a1ex

ShooterMcGavin
06-07-2006, 11:55 AM
^^^:doh: :lmao:

FoolsDrifFWD
06-23-2006, 01:03 PM
the only thing I hate is that everyone will soon think they know everything their is to know about drifting...

fuck that..

You know your right. I just herd some pepole saying this. " You know thats how its really done in Japan they go to parking decks to drift."

tony
06-25-2006, 01:08 PM
Thought it was interesting to find out that the guy who played Han is from Gainesville, GA.

DavidTB8889
06-25-2006, 02:15 PM
I have the movie in a video file so if anyone wants it pm me....

Fr33way
06-25-2006, 05:04 PM
I didn't think it was bad. They tried to OVER do EVERYTHING however.

It was cool seeing most of the cars I've seen on the show circuit in the movie.

I don't know why everyone is so outraged, it's HOLLYWOOD. They are not going to show primered 240's drifting on steelies and drama with their 5/10 looking girlfriends.

They make movies to make money, they have to depict a scene and make it as interesting or as entertaining as they can to every person that can pay for a ticket, whether they use facts or they blur the lines (or go right over them) into fantasy.

T-Mo Goodie
06-25-2006, 06:15 PM
^^^true to that. I didn't think that it was all that bad as people thought it would be.

FORTHEWIN
06-25-2006, 10:15 PM
You know your right. I just herd some pepole saying this. " You know thats how its really done in Japan they go to parking decks to drift."

lol i heard the same shit. oh well, the movie wasnt that bad. better than i thought itd be for sure.

AtLRSX-S
06-26-2006, 12:45 AM
Better then first and the second...in my opinion....BRUH

Brut
06-26-2006, 12:14 PM
i saw the movie. it personally made me want to never go to japan. and if i did i would commit suicide

Mchnhead2k5
06-26-2006, 07:04 PM
actually you get 2 free hrs of parking then if you get it validated at Regal it's another 1.5hrs of parking free. so 3.5hrs of parking free.

fawk_you
06-27-2006, 12:00 AM
Not nearly as bad as the other 2.... still kinda corny though...

N/A EK
07-12-2006, 07:59 AM
it was OK!

B16a2 Civic
07-12-2006, 08:00 AM
im still yet to see it

TeeJay
07-12-2006, 09:12 AM
u should check it out man, it really is a decent movie, might not be the most realistic, but thats why they call it a movie rite??

B16a2 Civic
07-12-2006, 09:12 AM
ehhh, the hype is down a lil, i guess i will

TeeJay
07-12-2006, 09:17 AM
i really dont think there was that much hype for this installment, not nearly as much as the first two. hell, there was more hype for the new Pirates of the Caribbean than this movie. i saw both movies at the same theater, and there wasnt even a line for f&f on opening night, but the line was out the damn door and into the parking lot for pirates

Game2954
07-16-2006, 05:05 PM
It was an ok flick.. I kinda liked the last scene where Sean was going to race against Dom.. but in a a Plymouth Road Runner?? doesn't that car weigh like 4500-5000 pounds??? I liked it better thn 2fast2furious..

boostedb16
08-14-2006, 04:51 PM
The first F a F movie that has a good story line. You start at the bottom and drift to work your way to the top of the underground scene.

Nothing wrong with drifting but if it had real street racing, with ALOT less rice, like it is in the real world, it would be alot better.

Not to metion they took out paul walker and Vin Deisel for some country mother fucker and Bow Wowshit i thought that made the movie better not having paul walker in it. i think he's a shitty actor with some of the dumest lines and i did not think bow wow or the other guy did a bad job. i would say tokyo drift was one of the better ones of the three.

Elbow
08-14-2006, 05:34 PM
I thought the movie was so stupid because drifting is now racing? Going through the street getting chased in the one scene they would have been 100X faster taking a better like versus drifting.

Greddypacked
08-14-2006, 06:12 PM
shit i thought that made the movie better not having paul walker in it. i think he's a shitty actor with some of the dumest lines and i did not think bow wow or the other guy did a bad job. i would say tokyo drift was one of the better ones of the three.

Lol, your comparing lil Bow Wow to Paul Walker and that one semi half red neck dude to what Vin and Walker did. What's wrong with you. Part 1 was the best imo, part 2 nah, 3 nah, i like the original one. Drifting is a great new sport, but this movie could have been alot better.

boostedb16
08-14-2006, 07:37 PM
no i dont really like bow wow in movies but if you watch all of paul walkers movies in a row his acting does not change, and vin was ok i just thought the guy from friday night lights was pretty good, part three they did not put a bunch of actors that dont know shit about cars saying dumb shit like "i live my life a 1/4 mile at a time" because if you remember the 1st race was about 2 miles long lol.

ruah_23
09-26-2006, 05:46 PM
finally got to watch it. It's better than the 2nd one..at least...and they make it look like all the cars are just toys....