PDA

View Full Version : Misc Fanatics

Hulud
03-16-2006, 11:48 AM
whats your views on fanatics?
like the christians (using the term loosly) who blow up abortion clinics, who protest funerals for military people, who kill homosexuals.

like the muslims (using the term loosly) who attack the US, who kill people from the west, who start holy wars in the middle east

Kelly
03-16-2006, 12:01 PM
A true Christian wouldn't blow up an abortion building, kill anyone for being gay, etc... That's not very Christ-like, ya know... It's about living a Godly example and I'm positive that's not how He would handle it.

Hulud
03-16-2006, 12:03 PM
A true Christian wouldn't blow up an abortion building, kill anyone for being gay, etc... That's not very Christ-like, ya know... It's about living a Godly example and I'm positive that's not how He would handle it.
i know what a real christian is supposed to be like, im just asking for thoughts

metalman
03-16-2006, 12:04 PM
Fanaticism exists on many levels. It is in a nut shell aberrant destructive human behavior resulting from a person(s) dwelling on one subject too much. Its a lack of balance really in their approach to whatever the subject is, be it religion or something else.

Not only are the behaviors you listed fanatic but I would classify the people riding around in the minivan with all the "I (heart) Jesus", "Jesus is my co pilot" and fish stickers yet who treat everyone around them like crap as fanatic as well. ;)

Another example of fanaticism in the extreme would be the nutjob who broke into David Lettermans house, or the wacko "fan"-atic who killed Rebecca Schaeffer.

Kelly
03-16-2006, 12:05 PM
Well I think it's crazy... And doesn't solve any problems.

Hulud
03-16-2006, 12:11 PM
Well I think it's crazy... And doesn't solve any problems.
true

ISAtlanta300
03-16-2006, 01:32 PM
Fanatism is the virtue of the wicked.....

Killer
03-16-2006, 03:03 PM
as ole kelly said and as hulud agreed a true christian would never do such a thing...
but it does exist... there are so many who use the excuse "God told me to do it" or "It was God's will that i destroy all those people/buildings" but normally those people are crazy and have very crazy tendencies.... in my opinion they are probably being attacked by some very strong demons who talk them into doing these things, making them think it's ok and that's what God wants them to do...

Jaimecbr900
03-16-2006, 03:56 PM
I've always thought that extreme ends of the spectrum were non productive.

There are fanatics in everything in life. From Religion to Sports to Politics, extremists exist.

To answer the question directly, I personally don't care for extremists. They give their respective brethren a bad name by default. This is why I've never understood why Muslims have never really had the outcry you'd expect if you were truly against something as horrible as 9/11 which was perpetrated using your religion's name. I think that's one of the reasons why there is still desention by some towards Muslims as a whole.