PDA

View Full Version : Got a Speeding Ticket today

CiVeK9
03-16-2006, 11:18 AM
Well....this morning on the way home from school between hwy 316 and riverside parkway one of those fuckers finally got me...i always see them pulling people left and right. it'd be nice if i knew a cop to drop it..but oh well..i need some suggestion on what i should do and if anyone knows the point system

Police

City of Lawrenceville Police (one of those black ford trucks got me)
I gotta goto the Municiple Court

20 years Old (21 in sept)

Situation

Going about 78 with two other cars (decided to pick me of the 3)
Cop got me on laser going 78 in a 55

Solutions

I can't use NO-LO since you can use it once every 5 years..i used in 03'
I could plead guilty and let them know i was following the flow of traffic to get a reduced fine

Questions

How many points will go on my driving record? under 24mph 3points
How many points does a defensive driving certificate take off? 6 points
I think this law is just for 17 and under...but would i get my liscense suspended? its been a couple years since i got a ticket
no (doing 24 over under 18)
Does the defensive driving certificate ever expire? i got one from 2003 (not sure still)

any help or suggestions would be appreciated...also does anyone knwo the price? i called it in to see if they can tell me but they can't until it enteres the system..and the gwinett county site is down so i can't get a price

Hulud
03-16-2006, 11:19 AM
Well....this morning on the way home from school between hwy 316 and riverside parkway one of those fuckers finally got me...i always see them pulling people left and right. Anyone thats a cop and can get this dropped for me that be great..otherwise..i need some suggestion on what i should do and if anyone knows the point system

Situation

Going about 75 with two other cars
Cop got me on laser going 78 in a 55

Solutions

I can't use NO-LO since you can use it once every 5 years..i used in 03'
I could plead guilty and say I was following the flow of traffic to get a reduced fine

Questions

How many points will go on my driving record?
How many points does a defensive driving certificate take off?
Does the defensive driving certificate ever expire? i got one from 2003

any help or suggestions would be appreciated...also does anyone knwo the price? i called it in to see if they can tell me but they can't until it enteres the system..and the gwinett county site is down so i can't get a price
i hope you havent gotten any other tickets lol
or your fucked

Halfwit
03-16-2006, 11:21 AM
i think it dumb that your asking for a cop that can drop this. you were speeding, just pay the consequences, u knew it was wrong. if u dont want a ticket, dont speed.

CiVeK9
03-16-2006, 11:26 AM
appreciate the help guys! everyone goes over the speed here and there...probably just dind't have an answer or didn't see the post..or else i would have

Hulud
03-16-2006, 11:27 AM
you havent posted anything that i asked :doh:

tatodotcom
03-16-2006, 01:18 PM
i think its if your going 24 over you automatically loose your liscense for 6 months(if under age of 18)..i think

Ran
03-16-2006, 01:27 PM
I think 20 over is consider reckless driving. I'd say just plead guilty and see if you can't get it reduced since you were with traffic. Even still, the judge may be a hard@ss. I recommend signing up for a defensive driving course before your court date so that you can show the judge that you at least have some iniative. I did that once and it got the ticket dropped completely. Good luck. :)

blacknightteg
03-16-2006, 01:31 PM
yup^^^ defensive driving i think either takes off 2 or 3 points

babygurl
03-16-2006, 01:33 PM
Well since he only got a speeding ticket, they cant get him for reckless driving..

How many speeding tickets and other tickets have you gotten? Also it should only add 4 points, and the defensive driving school, not sure if it expires, but I would go ahead and take it again, then send it into the DMV and ask them to reduce your points, it will take off UP TO 6 points off your license. If this is basically your firsdt ticket since in a few years, I doubt they will suspend your license.

And as far as the 24 over the speed limit, saying they will suspend your license, I believe is false!

I would just go to court, and plead guilty, because they cant charge you or ticket you after leaving the scene of "crime" So you shouldnt have to worry about the following to close.

Bishop
03-16-2006, 01:34 PM
do defensive driving and cimmunity service before the court date. My first ticket i was doing 26 over or so and just did 24 hrs CS and defensive driving class. Then a year later i got a street racing ticket...got a lawyer...did like 30hrs CS and another defensive driving class and i got off with a 16mph over ticket $91. i was 17 when i got the first ticket and 18 when i got the second one. Good luck

HeLLo iM iZzY
03-16-2006, 02:11 PM
Yeah if your under 18 and your doing over 24 you get your license suspended. I got pulled over last week doing 63 in a 40...I was rushinh home and he got me out of nowhere...but do you guys think I should take traffic class before my court date (May 31) ???

Bishop
03-16-2006, 02:21 PM
Yeah if your under 18 and your doing over 24 you get your license suspended. I got pulled over last week doing 63 in a 40...I was rushinh home and he got me out of nowhere...but do you guys think I should take traffic class before my court date (May 31) ???
no...it depends on the judge and what you do before the court date...read my post.

CRXchic19
03-16-2006, 03:08 PM
What was your first no-lo for? if it was for another offence besides speeding, then you can use it, its once every five years for each violation.

i used no-lo 2 years ago for speeding, and again 4 months ago for red-light violation.

Good luck man.

silver
03-16-2006, 03:11 PM
And as far as the 24 over the speed limit, saying they will suspend your license, I believe is false!

i think its if your going 24 over you automatically loose your liscense for 6 months(if under age of 18)..i think

That law would be true.. cause I have been there done that.. but of course that was 6 years ago so it might have changed but I don't think it has

CRXchic19
03-16-2006, 03:11 PM
btw when i used no-lo 2 years ago my licence was suspended for 6 months (112mph in a 55pmh, POS 85 next to Jimmy Carter, who the hell goes 55!!!!), so no-lo wont save you from losing your licence, so if you are gonna lose it anyways, dont plead no-lo cause it wont do you any good.

Bishop
03-16-2006, 03:14 PM
That law would be true.. cause I have been there done that.. but of course that was 6 years ago so it might have changed but I don't think it has
yeah the law is true but it still depends on the judge and how you present your self.

As for the no-low thing...i dunno what thats about, i used it on my first speeding ticket and also used it on my other speeding ticket a year later.

HeLLo iM iZzY
03-16-2006, 03:15 PM
no...it depends on the judge and what you do before the court date...read my post.

alrite thankss

silver
03-16-2006, 03:16 PM
yeah the law is true but it still depends on the judge and how you present your self.

As for the no-low thing...i dunno what thats about, i used it on my first speeding ticket and also used it on my other speeding ticket a year later.

Yeah just like with any ticket.. you go to court.. (good idea to go with an attorney) and you can work a deal with the solicitor.. in my case that was a time when I got many a tickets and the solicitor laughed at me and said tough, lol.. so I lost my license for 6 mos...

Ruiner
03-16-2006, 03:22 PM

It depends on his age. Read the GA code about that. 24 over = 4 points. If you get 4 points on your license in a certain period of time under a certain age, you lose your license.

He was only 23 over, so he will only get 3 points. However, if he has previous points that are still on his record and is under 18, heck, even under 21, he might be in trouble.

Violation / Points

Reckless Driving - 4 points
Unlawful passing school bus - 6 points
Improper passing on hill or curve - 4 points
Speeding:
15 mph but less than 19 mph - 2 points
19 mph but less than 24 mph - 3 points
24 mph but less than 34 mph - 4 points
34 mph or more - 6 points
Disobedience of any traffic-control device or traffic officer - 3 points
Possessing an open container of an alcoholic beverage while driving - 2 points
Failure to adequately secure a load - 2 points
All other moving violations - 3 points
Child restraint - 1st offense - 1 point
Child restraint - 2nd and subsequent offense - 2 points
Aggressive driving (A conviction of aggressive driving by a person under 21 years of age will result in a suspension of the driver's license.) - 6 points
HOV lane violation - 4th and subsequent offense. - 1 point

Under 21 Years of Age Suspension
The Georgia driver's license of any person under 21 years of age convicted of any of the following offenses shall be SUSPENDED:

Hit and run or leaving the scene of an accident in violation of Code Section 4-6-270.
Racing on highways or streets.
Using a motor vehicle in fleeing or attempting to elude an officer.
Reckless driving.
Any offense for which four or more points are assessable under subsection (c) of Code Section 40-5-57.
*Unlawful passing of a school bus.
*Improper passing on a hill or curve.
*Exceeding the speed limit by 24 miles per hour or more.
Purchasing an alcoholic beverage.
Driving under the Influence.
Aggressive Driving, Code Section 40-6-397.
Misrepresenting age ot identity for purpose of illegally obtaining any alcoholic beverage
The driver's license of any person under 18 years of age who has accumulated a violation point count of four or more points within any 12 month period.

Sibious
03-16-2006, 03:23 PM
i think it dumb that your asking for a cop that can drop this. you were speeding, just pay the consequences, u knew it was wrong. if u dont want a ticket, dont speed.
so true, and with hulud ur are fucked

Sibious
03-16-2006, 03:27 PM
i hope you havent gotten any other tickets lol
or your fucked
heres the quote

CiVeK9
03-16-2006, 03:28 PM
thanks for all the replys...so many damn posts (which is good) i still gotta finish reading. so far this is what i got..correct me if I am wrong

i also updated the main post for the info i was missing too..thanks

By the way I am 20 years old..i'll be 21 in Sept.

I used my No-Lo in 2003 the same year i got my liscense and my first car and it was for

Speeding 24 over on (Cole Road) in front of Parkview HS
No registration
Expired Tag

Reason:

Speeding = had to get the fuck home (i know not an excuse)
I had a salvaged title vehical and had not gotten it instpected
Had an MS tag on there because i bought it from a relative the dya before

I plead NO-LO, They dropped all 3 tickets and gave me a reduced fine of $180 instead of $350

The Solicitor told me no points will be added to my record because i plead No-LO and i went to the DMV after i was told to take Defensive Driving and they said i had no points. Thats why i still have my denfensive driving certificate

Spark Notes of all Posts:

I will Not lose my liscense since its under 24 mph and I'm over 18
Go to court and plead guilty since i used my NO-LO on a similar case 3 years ago and may get a reduction
+3 Points on my record
Used my existing Certifigate to knock off 6 points

Sibious
03-16-2006, 03:32 PM
It depends on his age. Read the GA code about that. 24 over = 4 points. If you get 4 points on your license in a certain period of time under a certain age, you lose your license.

He was only 23 over, so he will only get 3 points. However, if he has previous points that are still on his record and is under 18, heck, even under 21, he might be in trouble.

Violation / Points

Reckless Driving - 4 points
Unlawful passing school bus - 6 points
Improper passing on hill or curve - 4 points
Speeding:
15 mph but less than 19 mph - 2 points
19 mph but less than 24 mph - 3 points
24 mph but less than 34 mph - 4 points
34 mph or more - 6 points
Disobedience of any traffic-control device or traffic officer - 3 points
Possessing an open container of an alcoholic beverage while driving - 2 points
Failure to adequately secure a load - 2 points
All other moving violations - 3 points
Child restraint - 1st offense - 1 point
Child restraint - 2nd and subsequent offense - 2 points
Aggressive driving (A conviction of aggressive driving by a person under 21 years of age will result in a suspension of the driver's license.) - 6 points
HOV lane violation - 4th and subsequent offense. - 1 point

Under 21 Years of Age Suspension
The Georgia driver's license of any person under 21 years of age convicted of any of the following offenses shall be SUSPENDED:

Hit and run or leaving the scene of an accident in violation of Code Section 4-6-270.
Racing on highways or streets.
Using a motor vehicle in fleeing or attempting to elude an officer.
Reckless driving.
Any offense for which four or more points are assessable under subsection (c) of Code Section 40-5-57.
*Unlawful passing of a school bus.
*Improper passing on a hill or curve.
*Exceeding the speed limit by 24 miles per hour or more.
Purchasing an alcoholic beverage.
Driving under the Influence.
Aggressive Driving, Code Section 40-6-397.
Misrepresenting age ot identity for purpose of illegally obtaining any alcoholic beverage
The driver's license of any person under 18 years of age who has accumulated a violation point count of four or more points within any 12 month period.
damn 6 pts for passing a school bus, i mena i know seriouss but didnt think that would be the highest thing. thats good alteast helps out the kids.

Sibious
03-16-2006, 03:34 PM
what is no-lo soudns familiar, but just curious what it is. is it something ga has or all states?

ahmonrah
03-16-2006, 03:36 PM
that's too bad playa. hopefully you have money stacked up man ..

CiVeK9
03-16-2006, 03:37 PM
No-LO all states have it which means you can use once every 5 years on the same offense and its a not guilty/guilty plead

CiVeK9
03-16-2006, 03:38 PM
its not more than $200..more than likely less..i can call and find out later this week

can anyone confirm this?? yea just bad luck..got chosen out of 3 cars...still pissed..loking forward to use it towards my HID's...dont have high income comming in..so its a downer..thanks for all the support

Sibious
03-16-2006, 04:09 PM
hear ya on that income, im so broke to

MongolPup
03-16-2006, 04:44 PM
ATTN:

Fuck the police.

Ruiner
03-16-2006, 06:35 PM
ATTN:

Fuck the police.

Why, because they were doing their job? 23mph over is a bit excessive...

eViLMunkey
03-16-2006, 06:39 PM
Lawyer, and start saving cash for the fine and you have to retake the class

MongolPup
03-16-2006, 06:41 PM
lol yeah 23 is kinda crazy. dunno seemed like the right thing to say.

my view on cops: I love them when they are driving down my street, hate them when I am in my car.

I would take blame if I was going way over, I just don't want some stupid crap like 3 over.

HeLLo iM iZzY
03-16-2006, 07:16 PM
whats a no-lo btw? Im a bit confused on that...

rickgiblin
03-16-2006, 07:22 PM
try to plead no-low... i know my friend did it 6 times in a 3 year span, yea i know he drives like shit. but sometimes they dont check it, they finally cought him on his 7th time trying to plead nolo. but its worth a shot

CiVeK9
03-16-2006, 10:33 PM
appreciate the posts..yea 23 is a little fast....but hwy 316 people travel fast...even 85....avg speed on both hwys is probably like 70-75. people ddrive fast here...thats why they got so many cops on hwy 316...i just went fast at the wrong time

pInoy_R
03-16-2006, 10:49 PM
aiite. i didn't read everything but from what i've experienced losing my license for like years.

25+ under 21 loses license (judge helpers told me so)
can't even get a permit to drive anywhere. like work, school, etc.

from what i've seen so many people do and actually get away with it. plead with judge
one friend of mine was moving out of state the he got caught doing 88 in a 55 I75 south. he wrote a letter to the judge saying he needs his license for school.
another friend of mine just went to court. told the judge i need my license i work and i'm helping out my parents with bills. got community service.

also about the defensive driving i just took my class this year, i just became once again a legal driver. you can only take 1 defensive driving class in 5-7 years. not sure. 2 months ago. i wouldn't take it before court cause if you lose ur license than there was no point and you'd have to wait blazya years to reduce points.

2.0civic
03-16-2006, 10:55 PM
Traffic there sucks balls. i live right there and there are cops everywhere. i actually had one follow me into my aprtment complex and try to come in under the gate and the gate hit his car. fucking idiot. funniest part though is they have a gate code and now he has a huge ass dent on his hood. it was sheriff too.