PDA

View Full Version : project DA-80% done

thinkskater
03-15-2006, 04:32 PM
i just bought this teg a little while ago, and got a few other things with it but i started swapping everything from my hatch over and ran into some problems but its olmost done now just have to do a few more things heres some pics - i also need some ps brackets off a b series vtec if there is any body who has one hit me up ! ill post more when i get more pics and complete the DA integra!!!

TeeJay
03-15-2006, 05:10 PM
lookin good mang, now just clean up the interior and paint that biotch!!

thinkskater
03-15-2006, 05:31 PM
thanx man! the biggest part was the small space i thought it would have a bunch of room but there is not any ... took me like 30 min just to get the throttle cable hooked up, and im tryin to finish up the obd1 conversion as well, i know something isnt right cuz vtec isnt workin. but the interior is straight just the driver seat is torn average nothing crazy. post what you guys think!more pix 2!

SpoonedEG
03-15-2006, 09:53 PM
I really ADMIRE kids like you man cuz I would never be able to work do swaps and all that stuffs... The work looks very nice too

thinkskater
03-15-2006, 10:07 PM
yea man i cant say i would pay someone to put swaps in for me , just while your doing the swap it sucks but when your down its like a feeling of such accomplishment , but seriously there is a lot of gratitude that comes out of it, but its a definetly a 20 ftr right now got a lotta little things i have do Thanks man! got alotta wirng done but its still throwing codes - 1,23,41 and one more i think its hard to tell i know of two it could be throwin the knock sensor(i dont have the plug) and the 02 sensor i dont know if its hooked up right got like three diagrams that show how too but there all defferent , even got one from honda tech and it still throws it so i think i have a faulty o2 sensor! any-e-wayz
problems ill get threw them ! :super:

thinkskater
03-16-2006, 11:53 AM
got vtec to engage finally, it was running bad because i forgot about the map sensor i had to extend a few wires cuz the oem teg map sensor was on the fire wall the map on the gsr was on the intake manifold, so i extended them plugged it up and Boooooooom there is vtec and it runs sooooo much better real close now just gotta clean it up and dial the ride height in , should be done either tonight or tomorrow!!!:cheers:

JITB
03-16-2006, 03:14 PM
what motor is that? b18? nice work

Hondizzle!
03-16-2006, 04:23 PM
Judging by the im... gsr

thinkskater
03-16-2006, 06:03 PM
thanks guys still got a few bugs, one major one is some thing i cant figure out... earlier i found out the map sensor wasnt allthe plugged in and plugged that up and it hit vtec like crazy, gsr with a b16 tranny is a really big defferince than a gsr with a Ls tranny!! got that problem solved too
the spark plugs werent plugged in all the way , just something i over looked!!!

boosted_nonv
03-17-2006, 11:45 AM
Nice to see another Da, good choice of swap

thinkskater
03-17-2006, 01:38 PM
yea DA's are my favorites sides the eg and ef hatchs the lines and the head lights they are amazing! but i basically got everything working but the cd player is messin with me i cant figure out why it will not work i guess i got some wires mixed up if anybody can knows of a good site for wiring diagrams of that sort pm me i cant figure the power and grounds out they all have stripes and weird gray dots on them, tried every combination... got some more pics ...

Sammich
03-17-2006, 03:13 PM
nice mang real nice and clean

thinkskater
03-18-2006, 10:09 AM
thanks, id say its done still cant figure out the stereo but its only a matter of time thanks for all the motivation guys !

Jdm94Coupe
03-18-2006, 10:24 AM
so its a stock b18c1 longblock w/ b16 tranny?

Jdm94Coupe
03-18-2006, 10:26 AM
BTW what happened to ur hatch for u to switch everything from it to the DA?

AND

Is ur headgasket ok, cause da block and shit looks real black? just lookin out 4 ya...

good luck w/ everything...

thinkskater
03-18-2006, 08:11 PM
jdm, its a usdm(high mileage) b18 c1 on a jdm b16 tranny. its got a very bad cam seal you can see it only comes from the vtec solenoid area and just covers like half the engine but im rebuildin it real soon my next thing to do is to either find a shortblock to hook the c1 head too or just a Ls long block or a b16 longblock. but yea i swapped alot over from the hatch - even the shocks and springs , surprized they fit but they did and the shit is lookin way better then i thought it would... but i am not braggin thats for sure... :D

thinkskater
03-18-2006, 08:42 PM
my bad jdm coupe , nothing happened to my hatch ... just wanted to park it and drive something else daily so i could paint it and get the interior the way i wanted it, but mainly so no car accidents would happen cuz if anyone hit me or even if i hit them i would go terminator on their them.... seriously that car is the one for me .... its the alpha and omega of all honda's its the best (Eg for who is missing out ) :D

thinkskater
03-19-2006, 12:56 AM
list of mods cuz im bord

b18c1 (usdm)
b16 (jdm)
short ram intake
4-2-1 dc header
hks cat back ( really nice)
skunk2 short shifter
polyurethane inserts
sleeve and spring kit
slips on proxes4s
took off the goofy wing !
amber corners(cuz
1 piece cost alot)
obd1 conversion harness
p72 ecu!!!

thats it rest is stock looks nicer than i thought
would !

5thgcelica
03-19-2006, 09:30 AM
good stuff man. keep up the hard work!

thinkskater
03-19-2006, 01:04 PM
thanks man :cool:

Joann
03-19-2006, 02:27 PM
looking good. I'm a huge DA fan...we have one ourselves.

Jdm94Coupe
03-19-2006, 04:27 PM
coo coo, keep it up man..... good luck w/ everything

thinkskater
03-19-2006, 07:12 PM
thanks guys , still got afew problems nothing major ! but still throwin codes and cant figure out the cd player but im close though ...

thinkskater
03-20-2006, 03:13 AM
got the cd player workin thanks to a great web site - www.installdr.com (http://www.installdr.com) helped out alot, just gotta find a Ac bracket and ps' brackets of a vtec engine and it should be good for the long run !

careyk
03-22-2006, 06:59 AM
i just recently got a hold of a 96' LS "b16b" and im going to put it in my hatch i have the whole swap ready and i was wandering did you run into any BIG problems? i just want to get as much information on what i can before i put something in my beloved 92 hatch. keep skatin strong " i prefer Zero".
oh and after i install the engine im going to try and boost it. but yeah nice work on the teggy, its BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

CivEx
03-22-2006, 09:30 AM
motor BUMP !!!

thinkskater
03-22-2006, 04:00 PM
hell yea always love seein a skatin honda guy , any ways the Ls swap in to a eg is the easiest swap next to swapin a non- vtec single crappy cam. but seriously just make sure you got the right T-bracket man i spent alot of time lookin for it, the right ecu(p75 obd1 ls ecu) definetly the right intermediate shaft gotta make sure its off a manual 90 2000 teg , and all the stock motor mounts. throttle cable too that thing is overlooked alot..., exhaust will not line up if u have a cx obviously(cat is right in front of the motor)... , make sure you use the harness off your single cam , youll have to exten few wires (speedo wires.. etc) , think that covers the basic swap, as for the boost , i havent boosted my eg,(well turbo any had a jackson racing sc on a b20 in it TORQUE) ... let me know if you run into any crap man !!! As for the DA the guy is running and driving like heaven , radio workin, still throwin codes cuz i dont have a knock sensor plug but i dont care it pulls makes mouths happy :D

92JSPEC
03-30-2006, 12:18 PM
pm me ill help u with your radio

HeLLo iM iZzY
03-30-2006, 03:07 PM
nice DA :goodjob:

thinkskater
03-30-2006, 07:30 PM
thanks still dont have a tag for it :cool:

thinkskater
03-31-2006, 04:41 PM
i figrued out the radio but there wires ran are way diff so im prolly just gonna run new wires everywhere !

turbosx©
03-31-2006, 07:39 PM
hey keep up the work i no what its like doing a swap urself its hard on the mind.well newayz jus my 2 cents hopw ya the best

thinkskater
04-01-2006, 01:55 PM
thanks dude ... ya i was rushed so i skipped some beauty and stufff... but i got the shit done and runnin like mother fucker, did my first good 0-70 mph- launched at 5 grand, stayed in vtec the whole time it was great still smell the shit outta my clutch though .... ill be goin up to reynolds next friday night hopefully !!!

thinkskater
04-01-2006, 01:56 PM
im also going to be headed up to reynolds with my buddies freshly swapped Ls 92 cx... looks bone ass stock cept for the apexi turbo muffler, no cat its loud as a hell

2turbo4u
04-09-2006, 10:40 PM
Keep rep. for us Da Skate! Very proud of you hope it goes well!

JMagic21824
04-11-2006, 08:56 AM
Maaaad props to you for the swap. I want to try it but just been too damn busy. How long did it take? Something that can be tackled in a 3-day weekend?

MidLifeCrisis
04-11-2006, 07:45 PM
how much you gonna sell it for?

Ludester
04-11-2006, 08:08 PM
that car is going to move a little bit.

thinkskater
04-13-2006, 05:37 PM
okay sorry been a long time since checked it out this thread .... im gonna put a lip on it buy some more rims and put a freshly built b16 in it maybe ls vtec, but its gonna still have a b16 tranny on it ... umm, also a fresh coat of paint (red) and a new hood and im gonna have the holes where the spoiler was molded and i am going to put new rotors pads, no need to replace clutch , its got a shit load of life left when i take the gsr out im gonna take pics of the clutch plate... you guys just throw me some guess at what you would want for this ride if it were yours and you were selling it ! :2cents:

thinkskater
04-13-2006, 05:41 PM
turbo4u- skatin is and always will be gangsta playa

thinkskater
04-13-2006, 05:46 PM
jmagic- swaps really depend on what swap your doing and if you have everything. and you may think you have everything coverd but there is always that one thing that fucks you .like my first swap was a b20b into a eg. easy as pie to get it in ... but the part that fucked me up was the intermediate shaft... no one at the time had one for a manual dc teg... always DA or auto DC till i broke down and bought one from the honda parts connection and its done now .... but i just finished puttin a Ls swap in a EG in one day ... but it took me a week to put the GSR into my DA just because the engine bay is tighter then hilery duffs vagina ! tiny engine bay.... depends on the car and the swap man what swap you got in mind !?

JMagic21824
04-13-2006, 06:12 PM
jmagic- swaps really depend on what swap your doing and if you have everything. and you may think you have everything coverd but there is always that one thing that fucks you .like my first swap was a b20b into a eg. easy as pie to get it in ... but the part that fucked me up was the intermediate shaft... no one at the time had one for a manual dc teg... always DA or auto DC till i broke down and bought one from the honda parts connection and its done now .... but i just finished puttin a Ls swap in a EG in one day ... but it took me a week to put the GSR into my DA just because the engine bay is tighter then hilery duffs vagina ! tiny engine bay.... depends on the car and the swap man what swap you got in mind !?

Not too sure yet, I've narrowed it down to either a 2nd gen b16a or b18c. I've read good and bad things about both on countless message boards so I think it'll just come down to price and time. I'm swapping into a 99 civic dx coupe.

thinkskater
04-13-2006, 08:57 PM
i havent actually done a swap into a obd2 car ... can imagine its no slice of pie.... but i could be wrong ... if you have the bank the b18c is the way to go but the b16 is funnier stock to tell the truth , the high revs and sound is is alot better than a gsr but no power compared to the big bad daddy of honda engines

2turbo4u
04-15-2006, 12:36 PM
Yo Skater check your p.m.!

thinkskater
04-15-2006, 02:21 PM
i checked it man , im callin you today, car ran a 15.4 , i only got 3-4 runs in i was rushed and in a fuckin horrible mood, but my first run was a 15.7 , but there is alot of room for improvement, car weighed 2670 full interior and i am gettin a free dyno session soon to know the power... just need to go back to the track and chill out when i do !

2turbo4u
04-15-2006, 03:40 PM
Thanks again for the help man!