PDA

View Full Version : Finally won!

dartingd
03-15-2006, 11:56 AM
been bustin my tail training all winter and it finally paid off sunday in greenville...i broke away with about a 1/4 mile left in the race and came out on top!!! i'm in the one that looks like i'm yelling...i was surprised i beat everyone by so much though...now i have to move up in class :(...i'm gonna get spanked the rest of the year :(
http://www.importatlanta.com/upload/files/68/win%20pic.JPG

Sibious
03-15-2006, 11:58 AM
congrads

thinkfast®
03-15-2006, 12:07 PM
REPOST

nice bike puto

dartingd
03-15-2006, 12:17 PM
ya the only thing on my car that's carbon is the bike...lol thanks guys

Jimmy B
03-15-2006, 12:30 PM
what class are ya now? cat ?
nice bike too.. what kind is it?
oh, adn are you racing in the athens twilight crit?

dartingd
03-15-2006, 12:48 PM
i will be at athens, racing in competitive series...i am a five now, but am qualified to be a four..only raced 8 races tho...i have a giant tcr c2 with venus sunrims, dura ace crank(51-39), and a selle smp evolution saddle(stinkin 230.00, but very comfortable, or so i hear...having it put on as i type!)

MachNU
03-15-2006, 12:52 PM
i will be at athens, racing in competitive series...i am a five now, but am qualified to be a four..only raced 8 races tho...i have a giant tcr c2 with venus sunrims, dura ace crank(51-39), and a selle smp evolution saddle(stinkin 230.00, but very comfortable, or so i hear...having it put on as i type!)

um......okay.......i know what your talking about......... :dunno:

dartingd
03-15-2006, 01:03 PM
jimmy asked...but here's the breakdown

category's are the levels at which you race...you start out at cat 5, then it goes down to one...kinda like this
cat 5
cat 4
cat 3
cat 2
cat 1
domes. pro (healthnet, toyota united, jelly belly, jittery joes)
international pro (discovery channel, csc, phonak, gerolsteiner)

i'm a 5 right now, and to become a four you have to do well before 10 races to move up early, or just do 10 to move up period...i've done 8, and my resume is:
1 dnf(did not finish)
11th place
dnf(crash)
dnf(crash)
dnf
8th
26th
1st
...based on my performance, it's obvious if i'm i'm a cat 5 race i usually do well if i don't crash...the fourth dnf was due to bruised ribs from the crashes...i'm not a great racer by any means, but have done well in cat 5's..the fours are next for me in the gainesville, ga grand prix, where i will do horrible probably, but will give it my all...athens is at the end of april, which is a huge huge race for the southeast...all the big guns in every category show up for that..big event for the community as well!

dartingd
03-15-2006, 01:04 PM
and btw....when you get to cat 2 it is possible to race for a living (make around 20-30k a year)....most guys at 2,1,domes. pro have simple part time jobs though to make extra money...if i get to 30k, i'll make do and just train...i want to be international with a passion...

RutRoe
03-15-2006, 01:06 PM
Way to go man.. that's great.

AtifSajid
03-15-2006, 01:07 PM
Thats pretty sweet. congrats!

dartingd
03-15-2006, 01:17 PM
thnx again! but it gets harder and harder from here...i'm sponsored right now (much easier than car sponsorship for sure) and hope to get some better ones next year..

Jimmy B
03-15-2006, 01:39 PM
one of my best friends is moving up to cat 4 too.. he said the exact same thing.. its a jump.. but its ok.. i will be in athens watching it, i was going to to teh inline skate, but i dont thing its happening this year, so.. im jsut gonna watch..

also, im in the process of building shoes(since i build skates now), i want to get in the bike shoe market.. so, when i get some built.. ill let you try out a pair, get your take on them..

also, i know a 18 year old that turned cat 1 last year in may.. and he cycles for 5 hrs a day.. so its almost a full time job.. adn you can get payed almost a full time job salary

dartingd
03-15-2006, 01:42 PM
exactly...i love doing it too!! make sure the shoes are carbon tho!!! those carbon soles are very very stiff....good for sprinting if you're not too heavy...

speedminded
03-15-2006, 01:50 PM
one of my best friends is moving up to cat 4 too.. he said the exact same thing.. its a jump.. but its ok.. i will be in athens watching it, i was going to to teh inline skate, but i dont thing its happening this year, so.. im jsut gonna watch..

also, im in the process of building shoes(since i build skates now), i want to get in the bike shoe market.. so, when i get some built.. ill let you try out a pair, get your take on them..

also, i know a 18 year old that turned cat 1 last year in may.. and he cycles for 5 hrs a day.. so its almost a full time job.. adn you can get payed almost a full time job salaryohhh, so www.blairskates.com and www.pinnacleracing.com is your family?

dartingd
03-15-2006, 02:26 PM
those are cool, but i can't even skate!

Jimmy B
03-15-2006, 02:29 PM
ohhh, so www.blairskates.com (http://www.blairskates.com/) and www.pinnacleracing.com (http://www.pinnacleracing.com/) is your family?

yep, blair skates is my dad, and pinnacleracing is me.. the boots you see on the pinnacle site are last years model.. i need to find a new web designer since the one who did that wont work for me anymore.. but im cheap.. haha

Jimmy B
03-15-2006, 02:30 PM
exactly...i love doing it too!! make sure the shoes are carbon tho!!! those carbon soles are very very stiff....good for sprinting if you're not too heavy...
oh yea.. they will be carbon.. and veryyy stiff.. trust me on that one.. haha

dartingd
03-15-2006, 02:32 PM
yay!!! i must test....

speedminded
03-15-2006, 02:55 PM
oh yea.. they will be carbon.. and veryyy stiff.. trust me on that one.. haha...just gotta make them in the morning, always more stiff then. lol

yay!!! i must test....dunno if i would be excited about how stiff jimmy makes it :tongue:

©hris
03-15-2006, 08:00 PM
congrats man!!! i used to race MTN bikes in the GAP series and SORBA.

BTLFED
03-15-2006, 08:05 PM
That's awesome! Congratulations!

{X}Echo419
03-16-2006, 06:31 AM
good job on the W

speedminded
03-16-2006, 08:33 AM
congrats man!!! i used to race MTN bikes in the GAP series and SORBA.oh reallyyy....i grew up 15 minutes (by dirt roads) from turner creek and bull mtn...rocked a schwinn team issue hard tail and a GT RTS-3 with RTS-1 suspension & components.

ALVIN
03-16-2006, 08:48 AM
Congrats on the Win man...all that stuff you are saying is like speaking russian to me lol. I guess its like any other hobby you understand and know more about your own hobby than anyone elses. Sounds pretty good to make money doing something you love.

Elbow
03-16-2006, 11:11 AM
when is twilight? earlier in the year there was talk they were not doing it but i hear now they are, thankfully. fun stuff.

dartingd
03-16-2006, 12:03 PM
twilight is the last weekend in april...fun stuff!