PDA

View Full Version : Someone stole my 4-wheeler last night

gijoe0720
03-15-2006, 05:43 AM
My mom just came in here and woke me up and asked if I rode my 4-wheeler last night cause it was at the bottom of my driveway on the side of the road and I told her no. I went down there and I could tell it had been rode cause there was mud on the back fender and of how it was parked. I got out of the car and went to put my key in and it had been hot wired. So now I am goin to get an alarm and insurance on it. Also I am goin to start chainin it down. I don't really see why they went through all that trouble to hot wire it but then brought it back.

Flip
03-15-2006, 05:48 AM
That is kinda strange... Atleast they did bring it back. I had a friend who'se two motorcycles were stolen the other day. Needless to say they didn't bring them back... that REALLY sucks...

gijoe0720
03-15-2006, 06:13 AM
This really sucks. I am goin to go by the insurance place today and see how much it will be. I know for my friend it would be 1100 every 6 months so I am goin to see if I can get it in my moms name since she co-signed with me to get it. Also sucks I have to get a fuckin alarm for it. If I hear that alarm go off I will be out the door with my gun and they better hope to God I don't see them.

Rican219
03-15-2006, 06:28 AM
My bad bro I forgot to wash it off for ya!

gijoe0720
03-15-2006, 06:38 AM
will warrenty cover this? All I have to get is the part that the key goes into. My mom just called the cops and I am goin to get a police report just incase they try to steal someone elses and get caught or whatever

Leisa
03-15-2006, 06:43 AM
I just dont understand why people cant leave other peoples shit alone...

gijoe0720
03-15-2006, 06:48 AM
I know. I have had my 4-wheeler since November and no one has ever messed with it. It really pisses me off though. The cops will be here anytime soon.

civic95
03-15-2006, 07:40 AM
I wonder if they didn't push it down the driveway, TO try and hot wire it and eventually gave up. I don't think they would be dumb enough to crank it up right by your house, or nice enough to bring it back.

dodgekota
03-15-2006, 07:44 AM
I know. I have had my 4-wheeler since November and no one has ever messed with it. It really pisses me off though. The cops will be here anytime soon.

Where do you store it?

gijoe0720
03-15-2006, 07:50 AM
civic95 whenever I found it I was able to crank it up so they did hot wire it. My granddad lives right beside me and said he heard somethin durin the night down the road ridin around.

dodegkota I keep it under the car port in front of my moms car.

The cop was lookin around for finger prints and I just found the part where the key goes in and there are finger prints on it and I will prolly call the cops later and tell them bout it.

dodgekota
03-15-2006, 07:53 AM
Car port? Is that close to a garage?

gijoe0720
03-15-2006, 07:58 AM
yea I guess. It is just a little shelter thing I guess. The cop was lookin around and found some finger prints and called the investigator. Then I found the part where the key goes in and there is a big finger print on it so maybe that is to the person who got it.

dodgekota
03-15-2006, 08:06 AM
i have a couple of friends who had some smart ideas to keepin them safe.

1 has his in a basement, with a crossbar on the door.
1 attached a eyebolt to a huge cement block(s) in the ground, and chained it to that.
1 has a thick, heavy metal box that he put his in, and locks.

just some ideas for ya.

gijoe0720
03-15-2006, 08:12 AM
I am goin to go find out how much insurance will be on it and gettin an alarm system for it. I live in a trailor so I don't have a basement or anything but my grandparents have a building so I will prolly start puttin it in it. Once I get done with my truck though I am goin to build me a place to put my truck so i will prolly just go ahead and make it big enough for my 4 wheeler too and have doors on it that I can lock.

I am goin to get a chain for right now and chain it to a tree or somethin.

dodgekota
03-15-2006, 08:13 AM
That works.

speedminded
03-15-2006, 08:20 AM
Sounds like someone needs to set up a camera and leave the 4-wheeler out again ;)