PDA

View Full Version : Engagement Fever

The Ren
03-15-2006, 12:07 AM
Well I just found out tonight 3 of my friends got engaged in the past 4 days.. and my moms boyfriend is going to propose to her while we are in Hawaii...I'm overwhelmed with excitment.. Just wanted to share.. anyone else getting engaged soon??? LOL!

Hulud
03-15-2006, 12:08 AM
not i
"marriage is a wonderful institution, but who wants to live in an institution"

JustinSane110™
03-15-2006, 12:11 AM
not i
"marriage is a wonderful institution, but who wants to live in an institution"
:werd: I don't see myself settling down that much any time soon, haha.

HULUD YOU DUMB SON OF A BITCH!!! :lmfao: :lmfao:

Jimmy B
03-15-2006, 12:15 AM
HA... i dont even have to answer that

~C My Bunny~
03-15-2006, 01:26 AM
i have the same idea, i have one friend that just got engaged last night and one soon to be. . . its def. that time of year i guess but i am so happy them

collins
03-15-2006, 01:31 AM
fugg dat! i'm not putting another ring on a girls finger for several years. i'm in no rush.

eViLMunkey
03-15-2006, 01:32 AM
^^Agree On dat one!

Leisa
03-15-2006, 06:47 AM
Yeah, I agree... its definitely that time of year...

The Ren
03-15-2006, 07:16 AM
fugg dat! i'm not putting another ring on a girls finger for several years. i'm in no rush.

That's how I feel.. I keep getting asked.. are you next?? and Im like.. no. Im not going to rush anything. That was a big reason Scott and I moved in together first. Things are going really good right now..and we are 2 months shy of 2 years. I dont see any reason why we need to rush into it.. im only 21 and hes only 23.. we have the rest ofour lives ahead of us..

Jimmy B
03-15-2006, 07:36 AM
time of year??? nooo its the time of year to see women in bikinis on the water, drunk summer nights with random hookups... meeting more ladies in shimpy clothes :) iths THAT time of year.. heheh

Ms Dollar
03-15-2006, 07:51 AM
ren i am right there with ya, people ask me all the time when me and chuck are going to be engaged and when we're getting married...but i think it's the best idea to live together before you make that sort of commitment though. me and chuck have been living together for about a year and a half and have been together a little over 2...

The Ren
03-15-2006, 07:54 AM
ren i am right there with ya, people ask me all the time when me and chuck are going to be engaged and when we're getting married...but i think it's the best idea to live together before you make that sort of commitment though. me and chuck have been living together for about a year and a half and have been together a little over 2...

Scott and I have been living together since October when he moved down here. Which was a huge change for him to move from Boston to Atlanta. I wasnt the entire reason he moved, but I was part of the influence. We both are still in the transition phase and working out minor issues. I do know however I am in love with him and I could see myself spending the rest of my life with him, but there is no reason to rush it. Im very happy just being with him, and a ring on my finger wouldnt change that.

Dragonfly5338
03-15-2006, 07:55 AM
3 years. No ring.

Doh.

Then again, I wouldn't want to marry me either, bwahahhaa!

Leisa
03-15-2006, 08:06 AM
3 years. No ring.

Doh.

hahahaha... Val you are a trip... now please kindly remove that wicked ass clown from your siggy... it freaks me out ;)

Leisa
03-15-2006, 08:09 AM
Scott and I have been living together since October when he moved down here. Which was a huge change for him to move from Boston to Atlanta. I wasnt the entire reason he moved, but I was part of the influence. We both are still in the transition phase and working out minor issues. I do know however I am in love with him and I could see myself spending the rest of my life with him, but there is no reason to rush it. Im very happy just being with him, and a ring on my finger wouldnt change that.

hahaa, its funny... Brett and I moved in together after 2 weeks of knowing each other (yep it was that good... :) ), got engaged after 8 mnths, and married within 1 yr and 1 month of knowing each other.... I think we have a fantastic relationship/marriage, which is surprising to each of us because of how both of our first marriages went.. I would die without him ;)

The Ren
03-15-2006, 08:11 AM
hahaa, its funny... Brett and I moved in together after 2 weeks of knowing each other (yep it was that good... :) ), got engaged after 8 mnths, and married within 1 yr and 1 month of knowing each other.... I think we have a fantastic relationship/marriage, which is surprising to each of us because of how both of our first marriages went.. I would die without him ;)

Don't get me wrong.. If Scott asked me today id say yes in a heartbeat, but like I said Im only 21.. no need to rush it..

boosted1jz
03-15-2006, 09:00 AM
time of year??? nooo its the time of year to see women in bikinis on the water, drunk summer nights with random hookups... meeting more ladies in shimpy clothes :) iths THAT time of year.. heheh

and CTC has plenty of bikinis, boats, drunkenness, summer nights, AND random hook ups :D

fuk settling down...... toooo many fish in this pond 4 me to wanna play with just 1......

chris

Elbow
03-15-2006, 09:19 AM
i got engaged a couple months ago

Jimmy B
03-15-2006, 09:32 AM
and CTC has plenty of bikinis, boats, drunkenness, summer nights, AND random hook ups :D

fuk settling down...... toooo many fish in this pond 4 me to wanna play with just 1......

chris

one, mabye 2 per night is the right stats :) hehehhe

and memorial day, 4th of july, and labor day.. HA... boat to boat, hookin up wiht one per boat!

Scrappy
03-15-2006, 09:33 AM
Far from it and especially after all the recent things that seem to happen... have other focuses on life to worry about.

Hulud
03-15-2006, 09:33 AM
3 years. No ring.

Doh.

hahahaha you pwned yourself

kelly marie
03-15-2006, 09:50 AM
i worked in bridal for 2 years.. most people get engaged around christmas and valentines day.. then they want to rush and get married while spring or summer is here.. its the trend.. but i cant blame then cuz i want a beach wedding.. in hawaii!! ;)

but yea.. i was engaged once before.. and i have learned (and thank god i learned) there is no need to rush things.. i mean if you know its the right person do what ya gotta do.. and i think its really sweet that leisa and brett commited to eachother so quick.. and they are still going strong.. i love that.. but ya right now im just enjoying my baby and i know in my heart whats ment to be will be.. i love my life right now and couldnt ask for anything more!!

Seymour222
03-15-2006, 09:58 AM
I have been dating my girlfriend for six years now and I catch slack from all different directions. I get so many different opinions from people. There are those who say, "Where's the ring?", and others who say it is perfectly fine to wait, and six years is not a lot of time. We recently went to Helzberg, Jared, and Shane Co. Ring shopping makes me nervous,......and so does marriage.

Darling Nikki
03-15-2006, 10:05 AM
I got graduate with my BA first so thats a no.

babygurl
03-15-2006, 10:26 AM
I got graduate with my BA first so thats a no.

what Bitch Associates Degree?

You already have that!

but seriously, I want to get married, just right now at 22 it isnt right! need to grow up somemore!

**Stomps foot and Yell's "I dont want to grow up Im a Toys R Us KID"

Darling Nikki
03-15-2006, 10:46 AM
HAHAHA Yea I know I already got that one but I need to get my BA for sho

Sibious
03-15-2006, 10:56 AM
well congrads to all getting engaged, for me its going to be a while.

5thgcelica
03-15-2006, 10:58 AM
yeaaah.. .dont see the marriage thing going down for a long time..

dont even have a girl in the near future. *shrug* whatever. thats life. i have my car! lol

The Ren
03-15-2006, 09:01 PM
what Bitch Associates Degree?

You already have that!

but seriously, I want to get married, just right now at 22 it isnt right! need to grow up somemore!

**Stomps foot and Yell's "I dont want to grow up Im a Toys R Us KID"

Exactly.. Im only 21.. I dont need to rush into it..

eViLMunkey
03-15-2006, 09:06 PM
I'll just go to the Cheetah again and blow $3k again ... it was fun the last time... ;)

devinwebb907
03-15-2006, 09:59 PM
my brother just recently did, and hes getting married in hawaii over the summer.