PDA

View Full Version : Misc Christianity discussions

Hulud
03-14-2006, 04:43 PM
imo there are only a select few who i enjoy having these discussions with because they know what the hell they are talking about, jaime, paul, metalman and a couple others

but for the most part it seems that people just state things they heard without analyzing the facts themselves

that is all

metalman
03-14-2006, 05:51 PM
When it comes to religion its always frustrating to discuss things with someone who is unable to give clear documented or Biblical reason for their beliefs, particularly if theyre taking some firm position and arguing about it. Some people resort to a personal attack when unable to respond with an intelligent answer. Cut down contests can be fun, I am no stranger to them but when it comes to religion I prefer to stick with useful thought out information and I enjoy hearing the same from others, even if they disagree with me. Theres nothing to fear from hearing another side, one might even learn something.

I do believe youre correct though, most people only echo what theyve heard or what mommy and daddy said or what the preacher said at church without any personal investigation. Not to be preachy but if the so called christians would follow their own Bible there would be much less of that....

Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15 New International Version

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. King James Version

Study & think for yourself so that you need not be uninformed and are capable of understanding and presenting the truth. Metalman Version ;)

4dmin
03-14-2006, 08:06 PM
bahhh Metalman Version ... (this guy is my new Efriend)

Killer
03-15-2006, 10:24 AM
hulud u do have a point... some people get on here and instead of giving a good christian reply or bible quotes.. they just get on here and say "your wrong dumb a" or WTF r u talkin about... < those r not christlike answers....

which then shows u that they are a hypocritical christian which normally furthers the point u non-believers are tryin to make...