PDA

View Full Version : Misc ? mainly for paul but all can join!

Killer
03-14-2006, 01:12 PM
Why is it that no one ever desides to deny hinduism or buddhist(spl) or being muslim or jew???? why don't we ever have "discussions" or "arguments" or just flat out flame any other religion???? Any time any person on this website says the name JESUS they get attacked??? for some reason on this website it's ok to be anything but a Christian...

The only thing i've seen anybody in this topic do is Deny Christ/God/The Holy Spirit?

why doesn't anyone ever google somethin up about how the great prophet muhamed(spl) was gay or anything like that??? (that being in reference to a thread about Jesus being gay)(i know nothing about the story of muhamed.... so no offense there)

How come i never hear any of you athiest call the Quran just a story book... after all your an athiest you don't believe in any god not just MY GOD!

I never hear a thing about buddha either???? come one guys he's funny lookin you great internet fighters should be able to come up with somethin??

My job as a Christian is to lift up the name of My Lord And God, not try to disprove other religions so that's why i don't waste my time googling "facts" about other religions.....

i already know the real answer to this question... but let me know what ya'll think. thanks!

BTEC
03-14-2006, 01:15 PM
very good question. ive noticed and wondered the same thing.

{X}Echo419
03-14-2006, 01:16 PM
cause' if anyone messes with my main fatboy Buddha they get the axe! :lmfao:

smae reason no one roits when people decapatate school girls but filp the Fook out when some Dutch guy makes a cartoon :2cents:

v3rd1g0
03-14-2006, 01:19 PM
b/c no one really cares about the other religions... if we were to flame those then who would defend them... not many. also we get a rise out of people like you when we argue/flame/etc christians :-D all in fun and games. no harm ment(from me atleast)

Kelly
:headslap:

The Yousef
(in southern voice)...cause we don't like your kind around hurr

j/k...:lmfao:

Killer
03-14-2006, 01:39 PM
^^^ i could care less who likes me bub....

and v3rd1go... there are plenty of people on here who would defend plenty of other religions....

metalman
03-14-2006, 01:48 PM
I think that the answer for this in America is that many of the so called "christians" like Pat Robertson (and many others) are claiming to represent God/Christianity when their actions and words say otherwise. The public at large see these fools for what they are and mistakenly, yet understandably, they think this is true Christianity.

The average Bible thumping "christian" in Amercia reminds me of the church leaders in Christs day...pompous, self righteous, and so involved in the religion of "god" and their own traditions that they didnt even recognize God's Son when he showed up in person, in fact they rejected him as a blasphemer and killed Him.

Jaimecbr900
03-14-2006, 01:49 PM
b/c no one really cares about the other religions... if we were to flame those then who would defend them... not many. also we get a rise out of people like you when we argue/flame/etc christians :-D all in fun and games. no harm ment(from me atleast)

You're wrong there. We have several very knowledgeable Muslim and Jewish members that have joined discussions in this forum a few times.

Killer
03-14-2006, 01:54 PM
.... well they rejected Him and killed Him for a reason... It was God's will...

And i see your point as far as some of the tv evangelists go... but we see on the news all those fanatics over in pakistan, or iraq, or iran of all these bombings in the name of their god... yet we don't jump all the muslims on the site...

Jason04srt4
03-14-2006, 04:29 PM
Think of it like this. Christanity is the majority in america, so are whites in america. If a white person bashes someone of a different race, that white person is called racist and is politicaly incorrect. But if the minority bash whites it is ok to do that. Same thing applies to Christanity. If one Christian acts like a fool and does something stupid, we all get blamed. Get used to it. But if we say something about another religion because of there radicals who act like idiots and blow everybody up, then were the bad guy.

Hulud
03-14-2006, 04:40 PM
actually i would say there are more people on this site defending christianity

from what i can tell there are only a select few who disagree with christanity

metalman
03-14-2006, 06:12 PM
.... well they rejected Him and killed Him for a reason... It was God's will...

I would say it was God's will to send his Son to die in our stead BUT it wasn't his will that the church leaders of his day, or any specific person do the killing. That would be predestination, that is to say that their future was mapped out and didnt involve choice. Fact is even Pilate was offered an "out", a warning, but didnt take it. Instead he thought by stating his belief that Christ was innocent and the subsequent response from the church leaders and people "Let his blood be on us and on our children" would be sufficient to alleviate his guilt. It wasn't. No person was forced by God to particpate in the murder of Christ, they all did it by choice.

4dmin
03-14-2006, 08:01 PM
honestly i like to discuss things i am interested in, have knowledge/opinion of/etc... i have no problem giving my opinion of other religions when questions may arise...

but the likely hood of that happening is slim b/c you don't find people of other religions pointing fingers claiming they are right... so until then christianity is the focus of discussion. besides we are a christian country why would i talk about muslims... besides they cook good food we all know that, so they are good people and going to heaven http://forums.importatlanta.com/images/smilies/lmao.gifin my book... have you ever had a BUNKABOB or a MANGO shake... you would convert if you did. ;)

oh by the way check the politics forum too, i'm not a bush fan either http://forums.importatlanta.com/images/smilies/goodjob.gif

The Yousef
03-14-2006, 10:02 PM
besides they cook good food we all know that, so they are good people and going to heaven http://forums.importatlanta.com/images/smilies/lmao.gifin my book... have you ever had a BUNKABOB or a MANGO shake... you would convert if you did. ;)

...i had some mango shake 2nite :D

4dmin
03-14-2006, 10:11 PM
...i had some mango shake 2nite :D

see my brown brothers know whats up :D (i'm gonna convert, mango shakes and 7 virgin wives in heaven :D )

{X}Echo419
03-15-2006, 06:37 AM
actually i would say there are more people on this site defending christianity

from what i can tell there are only a select few who disagree with christanity
1 of the reason I stick up for christians is b/c it seems like the majority of people posting in the "Religon" section like to bash it. :2cents:

honestly i like to discuss things i am interested in, have knowledge/opinion of/etc... i have no problem giving my opinion of other religions when questions may arise...
me 2

but the likely hood of that happening is slim b/c you don't find people of other religions pointing fingers claiming they are right...
some of the atheists on the form love nothing better than to bash christianity and claim themselves as right.

oh by the way check the politics forum too, i'm not a bush fan either http://forums.importatlanta.com/images/smilies/goodjob.gif
shocker

Kelly
03-15-2006, 08:32 AM
Lol! ^^^

Yeah Admin, I totally thought you LOVED Bush!!! :lmao:

Killer
03-15-2006, 09:04 AM
.... i've never seen a christian on this forum start a thread saying everyone who's not a christian is wrong... and i've never seen one start a thread trying to bash another religions god/savior/prophet or anything like that...

most of these threads start out as someone bashing Christ, God, or just trying to disprove The Bible....

Killer
03-15-2006, 09:08 AM
NOW FOR US CHRISTIANS!!!!!! my answer to the question i asked.... to sum the question up "why is the christian religion the focus of bashing and flaming, and not anyother religion?"... Because satan doesn't care who believes in any other religion... he's got them where he wants them... he's just trying to get under our skin and make us question our faith by using our "friends" and fellow man kind to talk us into disbelief...

Kelly
03-15-2006, 09:15 AM
True, but that's just our opinion as Christians... We're not trying to push it on anyone. We're just stating our points in the most Christ-like manner possible in hopes that disbelievers understand or get something out of what we are saying. Where some who disagree with us tend to be disprespectful.

blacknightteg
03-15-2006, 09:19 AM
to be honest, in my opinion i dont think that anyone is flaming anyone, these are just statements and or thoughts that people have about religion, whether it be about their own or about other peoples. if you flame christianity, you basically flame the islam and jewish traditions seeing as how those three dervived from one belief but just evolving seprartly over time. those three religions are all connected through abraham so the fact that one would get flamed means that they would all get flamed.

Hulud
03-15-2006, 09:21 AM
some of the atheists on the form love nothing better than to bash christianity and claim themselves as right.

can you find proof of this?

i know i have never said i was right (because its a belief) and i dont recall paul saying it either

Kelly
03-15-2006, 09:22 AM
I don't agree (for the most part) that no one is "flaming" anyone...

Go to the first post in the thread "20 Reasons To Abandon Christianity".
Admin's thread starter/ picture is some Hardcore (if you will) flaming in my opinion.

Killer
03-15-2006, 09:31 AM
not every thread started is flamin.. but there have been many!!!!!! and the actual rules say no flaming... i guess this is the one forum that rules don't apply..

1439/2000
03-15-2006, 09:37 AM
cause' if anyone messes with my main fatboy Buddha they get the axe! :lmfao:

smae reason no one roits when people decapatate school girls but filp the Fook out when some Dutch guy makes a cartoon :2cents:

haha you seem lik a true Buddist. A Mahayanan? I get more out of Theravedan Buddhism, i'm not Buddhist but it makes more sense to me.

b@d @pple
03-15-2006, 10:02 AM
i am an atheist and could give a shit less about what YOU believe..but hands down christians are the most judgemental group of people..thats why you get so much shit..you can tell me all day long your not..but i have been part of your judgement so in my eyes its true.......if you are a die hard crispy,and you saw me,you would instantly think that for whatever reason im not a cristian,and your right im not,but my appearence doesnt determine what i believe....its just that most are very stereotypical,but than again who isnt!

Kelly
03-15-2006, 10:05 AM
So because you've met some christians who are like that... We all get grouped into this "sterotypical" category? :rolleyes:

b@d @pple
03-15-2006, 10:07 AM
no i stereotype you like that is because you are human..youcan tell me all day that you dont have judgements towards a certain race,religion,disability,or anything else...and if you did tell me that you didnt, i would cockslap you and call you a liar

b@d @pple
03-15-2006, 10:10 AM
you know what ..i really just dont give a fuck..so enjoy your debate..im so sic of these conversations..your a human,im a human..there its settled!

Kelly
03-15-2006, 10:10 AM
You're absolutly right- we are human, we make mistakes, we're not perfect by far. But we never said we were.

Killer
03-15-2006, 10:16 AM
-badapple
so your stereotyping christians as stereotypical??????? way to call the kettle black man... and no not all christians look at how you dress or look to determine whether you love God or not... give me a break dude.. ur just mad cause some one has hurt your feelings in the past. so on behalf of all christians.. i'm sorry you were judged.
now you can stereotype us as not judgmental cause i said i was sorry and i'm a christian...

Kelly
03-15-2006, 10:20 AM
Very good point!

b@d @pple
03-15-2006, 10:26 AM
it has nothing to do with my feelings getting hurt at all..

Kelly
03-15-2006, 10:27 AM
Well I was referring to sterotyping christians as stereotypical...

Not being mean, but that's exactly what you did.

Killer
03-15-2006, 10:29 AM
well... either way i got my point across... u were being just as judgemental and stereotypical... it's not christians that are like that... it's people in general. but honestly if there are some christians out there who have wronged you in some way, i'm sorry. just know that God will be the one judging them so they will be dealt with properly!

Hulud
03-15-2006, 10:34 AM
it has nothing to do with my feelings getting hurt at all..
this is what makes no sense at all
most christians ive seen on here (-jaime) say either your feelings were hurt thats why you dont believe, or that we (as non-believers) say "why would god do such a thing" which are the two most ignorant comments you can make imo

Kelly
03-15-2006, 10:42 AM
I will say that I've heard personal testimonys of stuff like that happening.

Ex:
In the mid 80's a teenager named Brian Warner moved to a new town, and began to meet with a youth group at a local church. He was sort of an awkward kid, a little different, and no one really wanted to talk to him.
The youth pastor would go over to him, and do the usual pastor thing, you know, "how are you, that's good" and then move on to talk to the other more popular kids. The pastor didn't need to concern himself with Brian, after all, before moving to town; Brian had attended a Christian school all his life up to the 8th grade.

One day, they went to an amusement park and the pastor wanted them to be in pairs, but NO ONE wanted to pair with Brian, so he walked the amusement park by himself. The pastor didn't think he needed to talk to Brian that day because he knew Brian had been raised in the church. Brian stayed in the youth group for about 3 months, and one day he just stopped coming.

Several years later, the youth pastor had become a leader of a seminary, and one of his former students called his old youth pastor one day, and asked him if he remembered a kid named Brian Warner. The pastor had to think a minute, then said he kind of remembered the name, but that was all. The caller reminded the pastor about the kid who was awkward, that no one liked, and suddenly the pastor recalled who he was. The guy asked the former youth pastor, "Do you know who he is now?" The pastor said, "No," and the guy gave him a hint, "He doesn't go by Brian anymore." The pastor was baffled, "Well, who is he then?"

The reply . . . "Brian Warner is now Marilyn Manson . . ."

{X}Echo419
03-15-2006, 10:47 AM
can you find proof of this?

i know i have never said i was right (because its a belief) and i dont recall paul saying it either

I wasn't refering directly to you.
but if I started a thread and called it, "Atheistis, do you really believe the Universe just Fooking happened out of nothing?" you'd probally be like wft?!

-badapple
so your stereotyping christians as stereotypical??????? way to call the kettle black man... and no not all christians look at how you dress or look to determine whether you love God or not... give me a break dude.. ur just mad cause some one has hurt your feelings in the past. so on behalf of all christians.. i'm sorry you were judged.
now you can stereotype us as not judgmental cause i said i was sorry and i'm a christian...

dude I was going to say that 2. good thing I read along 1st.
Pot : yo kettle!
Kettle : wazz up?!
Pot : dude you're fooking Black!
Kettle : WTF!? :
:lmfao:

Hulud
03-15-2006, 10:47 AM
I will say that I've heard personal testimonys of Christians themselfs hurting someone or not paying them enough attention with the end result being them turning from God.

Ex:
In the mid 80's a teenager named Brian Warner moved to a new town, and began to meet with a youth group at a local church. He was sort of an awkward kid, a little different, and no one really wanted to talk to him.
The youth pastor would go over to him, and do the usual pastor thing, you know, "how are you, that's good" and then move on to talk to the other more popular kids. The pastor didn't need to concern himself with Brian, after all, before moving to town; Brian had attended a Christian school all his life up to the 8th grade.

One day, they went to an amusement park and the pastor wanted them to be in pairs, but NO ONE wanted to pair with Brian, so he walked the amusement park by himself. The pastor didn't think he needed to talk to Brian that day because he knew Brian had been raised in the church. Brian stayed in the youth group for about 3 months, and one day he just stopped coming.

Several years later, the youth pastor had become a leader of a seminary, and one of his former students called his old youth pastor one day, and asked him if he remembered a kid named Brian Warner. The pastor had to think a minute, then said he kind of remembered the name, but that was all. The caller reminded the pastor about the kid who was awkward, that no one liked, and suddenly the pastor recalled who he was. The guy asked the former youth pastor, "Do you know who he is now?" The pastor said, "No," and the guy gave him a hint, "He doesn't go by Brian anymore." The pastor was baffled, "Well, who is he then?"

The reply . . . "Brian Warner is now Marilyn Manson . . ."
the point of the story is???
just because the pastor shows no attention he becomes an atheist?
its not like he is a bad person, just is in a band that is anti christianity

Hulud
03-15-2006, 10:48 AM
I wasn't refering directly to you.
oh ok

but if I started a thread and called it, "Atheistis, do you really believe the Universe just Fooking happened out of nothing?" you'd probally be like wft?!

no, not really i wouldnt personally

Kelly
03-15-2006, 10:52 AM

Leading others to be anti-christian... This is where the problem is.

Hulud
03-15-2006, 10:56 AM
Leading others to be anti-christian... This is where the problem is.
im sorry but if a band leads you to be anti anything thats fucking dumb.
people need to think for themselves

Killer
03-15-2006, 11:00 AM

the point of the story though it was left out is... i've actually watched manson say this during some interview... he claims that being in that youth group and being rejected caused him to stop believing and start doing everything the very opposite of what it stood for. like when the youth pastor would say you shouldn't listen to a certain type of music or do a certain act... he would then go out and do those exact things despite the youth group.

i don't remember what interview this was cause it was sooooo long ago.

Kelly
03-15-2006, 11:02 AM
I felt as though the story would speak for itself and wouldn't have to be explained. :rolleyes:

Kelly
03-15-2006, 11:03 AM

Agreed!

Killer
03-15-2006, 11:05 AM

i agree... but a lot of people are very easily influenced... think about it...
you've got all these rappers sayin how great the thug life is.. and in response we get all these white boys tryin to be thugs... when yeah i'm sure life is great for the rappers.. but not your everday teen age american boy that is in a gang dodging bullets every other night... living in poverty... (i'm not sayin that's the only reasons we have gangs in america, but i know that contributes to it) same thing with a lot of other things... again my point is many people are easily influenced by things they shouldn't be.

Hulud
03-15-2006, 11:06 AM
i agree... but a lot of people are very easily influenced... think about it...
i kn ow people are easily influenced which is sad

you've got all these rappers sayin how great the thug life is.. and in response we get all these white boys tryin to be thugs... when yeah i'm sure life is great for the rappers.. but not your everday teen age american boy that is in a gang dodging bullets every other night... living in poverty... (i'm not sayin that's the only reasons we have gangs in america, but i know that contributes to it) same thing with a lot of other things... again my point is many people are easily influenced by things they shouldn't be.
yup

1439/2000
03-15-2006, 02:06 PM
i am an atheist and could give a shit less about what YOU believe..but hands down christians are the most judgemental group of people..thats why you get so much shit..you can tell me all day long your not..but i have been part of your judgement so in my eyes its true.......if you are a die hard crispy,and you saw me,you would instantly think that for whatever reason im not a cristian,and your right im not,but my appearence doesnt determine what i believe....its just that most are very stereotypical,but than again who isnt!

Because you're in America and thats the majority you see. Lets say you say Hey I'm Jewish in Palestine. You would be shot. Not that many Christians I know have shot anybody because they believe something else.

Kelly
03-15-2006, 02:13 PM
True... :goodjob:

b@d @pple
03-15-2006, 02:55 PM
your right this is america so i have the right to say and think what i feel necessary...im not religous and never will be...prove it i will believe it other wise fuck off

metalman
03-15-2006, 03:06 PM
your right this is america so i have the right to say and think what i feel necessary...im not religous and never will be...prove it i will believe it other wise fuck off

Convincing someone to believe something they don't wish to see OR "proving" to someone something they do not wish to see the proof for...would be a poor idea to say the very least.

And I definitely agree..you certianly have the right to your opinion & speech.
Its not only your American right its your God given right.

The Yousef
03-15-2006, 06:14 PM
see my brown brothers know whats up :D (i'm gonna convert, mango shakes and 7 virgin wives in heaven :D )

...God bless you sir

1439/2000
03-16-2006, 09:15 AM

? ok. I'm not trying to make you be religious, nor do I care to convert you. I was just saying its not that bad here compared to the rest of the world.

You don't get down with christianity thats cool.

But imagine not liking a religion when the whole country is built around it like Iran.

b@d @pple
03-16-2006, 10:10 AM
i agree...and not to mention if religion was so good why did it start so many wars and the shed blood of hundreds of thousands of people..im sure god really intended for that to happen!

Kelly
03-16-2006, 10:17 AM
Thre are many references in the bible about war. God knew it would happen.

Hulud
03-16-2006, 10:42 AM
another thing about the bible i find confusing, is if god spoke to all of the authors who wrote the old testament and the few who wrote the new, why hasnt he spoken to anyone in the past 1900 years? (or spoken enough to bring about another book?)
you would think he would want to set some things straight to not let so many stray (as you guys say)

Kelly
03-16-2006, 10:55 AM
He still speaks, but through His word by the spirit (thru preachers & such).

Kelly
03-16-2006, 11:02 AM
The church was established on the law from the prophets and the apostles, once Christ was raised from the dead- that's how we get the bible.

Hulud
03-16-2006, 11:03 AM
He still speaks, but through His word by the spirit (thru preachers & such).
yes but what i dont understand is why havent there been more written scriptures/verses/books etc. on things that have arisen since christ died? like more on space, planets, universe, aliens (if there are any) etc

Kelly
03-16-2006, 11:04 AM
See above

Hulud
03-16-2006, 11:07 AM
See above
you snuck that in you sneaky girl :eye:

Kelly
03-16-2006, 11:09 AM
Lol...

Jaimecbr900
03-16-2006, 03:44 PM
this is what makes no sense at all
most christians ive seen on here (-jaime) say either your feelings were hurt thats why you dont believe, or that we (as non-believers) say "why would god do such a thing" which are the two most ignorant comments you can make imo

Did you just call me \ignent????? :D :lmfao:

Hulud
03-16-2006, 05:35 PM
Did you just call me \ignent????? :D :lmfao:
no lol
i was saying your quite the opposite
thats why i put the - there

cause a lot of people on this site use those two excuses
1. im sorry a christian hurt your feelings (like they assume that happened)
2. you must think "why would god do such a thing" is why you dont believe

and i feel those two comments are so ignorant

but i was saying that you dont say those which is why your not ignorant

Killer
03-17-2006, 08:43 AM
no lol
i was saying your quite the opposite
thats why i put the - there

cause a lot of people on this site use those two excuses
1. im sorry a christian hurt your feelings (like they assume that happened)
2. you must think "why would god do such a thing" is why you dont believe

and i feel those two comments are so ignorant

but i was saying that you dont say those which is why your not ignorant

well first of all... i've used those comments, but not to people just because they don't believe.. but to the people who have such animosity towards christians (like it seems bad apple does) because he said christians have judged him and that we are stereotypical.. which lead me to believe a christian has "hurt his feelings"...

there's a difference between someone who choses not to believe and someone who wants to believe but doesn't want to become a hypocritical christian(become what they see a lot of) so they refuse to believe. imo....

4dmin
03-17-2006, 10:52 AM
holy shit 4 pages of this shit... :lmao:

Hulud
03-17-2006, 12:22 PM
holy shit 4 pages of this shit... :lmao:
5 :eye: