PDA

View Full Version : Misc metalman...???

4dmin
03-14-2006, 11:30 AM
dude you are a fucking wealth of knowledge, i think you are a walking dictionary for theology :goodjob: +20

are you like a preachers kid or what?

metalman
03-14-2006, 01:36 PM
No man. I aint no PK, I always rebelled against religion. I grew up as a history buff of sorts. As an adult I had time to study...alot of time. I decided to reject every notion I had heard and/or been taught and then see what made sense by studying. Too many people become "religiously retarded" in my opinion because they think everything theyve been told by their parents/teachers or church is correct. It becomes a matter of pride that they attempt to prove what they already believe rather then examine the facts to see what if any of it is correct. I took the view that everything I "thought" may or may not be even true. I used everything from science books to history books, the Bible and hebrew & greek dictionaries. I have even studied roman catholic theology books that would make your hair curl. I looked into alot of different questions and topics. I have this thing about thinking for ones self and I try to encourage others to do the same. I also believe this type of learning is a progressive life long pursuit and that NO one is above learning alot more. I am certainly no exception.

Jaimecbr900
03-14-2006, 01:47 PM
Excellent viewpoint IMO. Good job. :goodjob:

blacknightteg
03-14-2006, 01:53 PM
very nice, im taking a religion class this semester and hearing the things you have said, i totally agree +1

Jason04srt4
03-14-2006, 04:09 PM
Christanity as a whole would be in a much better place if it's followers would have metalman's way of thinking, and study for themselves instead of believing whatever the preacherman on tv says, or whatever our grandparents try to teach us. It's not there fault though. This Generation has so much knowledge at the tip of there fingers, via the internet and other resources. Knowledge, older generations didn't have access to. All my bible teachers tell me to trust no one when it comes to scripture and double check what they have taught me.

4dmin
03-14-2006, 08:03 PM
No man. I aint no PK, I always rebelled against religion. I grew up as a history buff of sorts. As an adult I had time to study...alot of time. I decided to reject every notion I had heard and/or been taught and then see what made sense by studying. Too many people become "religiously retarded" in my opinion because they think everything theyve been told by their parents/teachers or church is correct. It becomes a matter of pride that they attempt to prove what they already believe rather then examine the facts to see what if any of it is correct. I took the view that everything I "thought" may or may not be even true. I used everything from science books to history books, the Bible and hebrew & greek dictionaries. I have even studied roman catholic theology books that would make your hair curl. I looked into alot of different questions and topics. I have this thing about thinking for ones self and I try to encourage others to do the same. I also believe this type of learning is a progressive life long pursuit and that NO one is above learning alot more. I am certainly no exception.

:yay: nice

Sledlude
03-14-2006, 08:06 PM
x2. more people should be so openminded.