PDA

View Full Version : Misc Scientology

Negrodamus
03-14-2006, 01:21 AM
Ok, i've been noticing that every actor/actress is a fucking scientologist and shit and they swear up and down its the best shit since sliced bread. All i wanna know is wtf is up with this bullshit and is it this a religon for the "hip" and trendy? Since i noticed all these pilates, yoga,ipod starbucks motherfuckers do it could this be the 1st religon thats a fad? WTF is this shit about?

{X}Echo419
03-14-2006, 06:25 AM
Ok, i've been noticing that every actor/actress is a fucking scientologist and shit and they swear up and down its the best shit since sliced bread. All i wanna know is wtf is up with this bullshit and is it this a religon for the "hip" and trendy? Since i noticed all these pilates, yoga,ipod starbucks motherfuckers do it could this be the 1st religon thats a fad? WTF is this shit about?

I donno but every time I hear "Scientology"..... :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Hulud
03-14-2006, 07:16 AM
speaking of which:

Isaac Hayes leaves his job as the voice of Chef on 'South Park' after episode criticizing Scientology airs.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,187755,00.html
repost
http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?p=34240554#post34240554

metalman
03-14-2006, 08:16 AM
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion."
L. Ron Hubbard - founder or Scientology.

...and I might add, better then starting your own religion is to start your own cult. ;)

v3rd1g0
03-14-2006, 11:03 AM
after reading hte "official" scientology site i just laughed.... very hard... then i thought ok.... wtf... and had to read it again lol

Joann
03-19-2006, 02:25 PM
I live in Saint Petersburg/Clearwater, Florida, where the original school of Scientology is.

This is where Lisa McPherson was killed, etc. L. Ron Hubbard lived here...he was the founder.

It's pretty creepy to drive down downtown Clearwater at ALL hours of the day/night and see the Scientologists out and about. They wear all blue while they're in school, and some choose to wear the uniform aferwards.

Unless you go up and talk to them, they pretty much leave you alone. In Ybor City, which is the "party town/mardi gras" of Tampa, the School of Scientology is right across from Gameworks. Thank God the school is closed @ night...because the drunk people would have a ball with them.

I have a friend who is into Scientology..but he never presses it on us. My sisters company is owned by Scientologists.

chriduke
04-04-2006, 12:45 AM
I just read in Rolling Stone about an "inside look" at scientology and it is pretty crazy, their are like different stages called OT and you pay for different levels or some shit like that, anybody else read that article?

Sport1.3
04-04-2006, 09:30 AM
HAIL XENU!!!!!

ShooterMcGavin
04-11-2006, 02:54 PM
wait, isn't scientology that religion where u sit around w/a bunch of folks, sip coolaid and wait for the "ships" to come get u? :D

Sport1.3
04-11-2006, 03:59 PM
no, its the belief that all ppl have unresting alien souls trapt in their bodies, that were put their by the dark lord Xenu. he destroyed other planets/races of aliens and trapt all their souls in the volcanos of hawai! these souls eventually found their way into all humans. the scientologists say this is what gives everyone a different personallity and problems. also that everything can be healed thru prayers not meds.i wish i was joking, but im completely serious! its based on a book writen by L.Ron Huberd (sp?) i have one of the books Dianetics

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/4/4e/200px-LRonHubbard-Dianetics-ISBN1403105464-cover.jpg
the book is way fucked up. i cant belive they think that horse shit is true

metalman
04-11-2006, 04:20 PM
wait, isn't scientology that religion where u sit around w/a bunch of folks, sip coolaid and wait for the "ships" to come get u? :D

The actual truth about scientology isnt too much more absurd then that. :D

ShooterMcGavin
04-12-2006, 08:22 AM
no, its the belief that all ppl have unresting alien souls trapt in their bodies, that were put their by the dark lord Xenu. he destroyed other planets/races of aliens and trapt all their souls in the volcanos of hawai! these souls eventually found their way into all humans. the scientologists say this is what gives everyone a different personallity and problems. also that everything can be healed thru prayers not meds.i wish i was joking, but im completely serious! its based on a book writen by L.Ron Huberd (sp?) i have one of the books Dianetics

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/4/4e/200px-LRonHubbard-Dianetics-ISBN1403105464-cover.jpg

i know i was bring sarcastic, nice 15 second summary though :D

Romeyo07
04-12-2006, 09:11 AM
ZOLTAN!

Hulud
04-12-2006, 11:41 AM
im just wondering arent most of you in here BASHING/JUDGING this christian?
i havent looked at this religion, but what makes that book more absurd than yours?

Sport1.3
04-12-2006, 01:28 PM
^ not christian. im what you would call agnostic. but if you were to compare this to christainity it would still look like a crock of shit. its a NOVEL not a testimate writin hundreds of years ago from more than one persons account. its a money scam and i bet ron is rolling in his grave laughing so hard that ppl are so easily conformed

Hulud
04-12-2006, 01:56 PM
^ not christian. im what you would call agnostic. but if you were to compare this to christainity it would still look like a crock of shit. its a NOVEL not a testimate writin hundreds of years ago from more than one persons account. its a money scam and i bet ron is rolling in his grave laughing so hard that ppl are so easily conformed
and the bible isnt? just because more people accept the bible makes it less of a novel than that book? cause in that description you gave it sounds like you are describing the bible too :eye:

Sport1.3
04-12-2006, 03:00 PM
yes because in the bible an evil lord banished alien souls into a volcano...what bible are you reading..haha
the bible isnt based off a single persons OPINION about a higher power. its like i said before, a testimate from multiple accounts from many years collectively. therefore yes it has more relavence than some cult belief. im not argueing that christianity is better, it just seems more logical to me that a religion started during the life and times of an actual human (whether real or metophorical) makes more sense than mr. hubbards oppinionated beliefs that were developed from a literary novel. tell me, do you actually believe what you are saying or r u just stimulating conversation? :eye: :eye:

Hulud
04-12-2006, 03:01 PM
yes because in the bible an evil lord banished alien souls into a volcano...what bible are you reading..haha
the bible isnt based off a single persons OPINION about a higher power. its like i said before, a testimate from multiple accounts from many years collectively. therefore yes it has more relavence than some cult belief. im not argueing that christianity is better, it just seems more logical to me that a religion started during the life and times of an actual human (whether real or metophorical) makes more sense than mr. hubbards oppinionated beliefs that were developed from a literary novel. tell me, do you actually believe what you are saying or r u just stimulating conversation? :eye: :eye:
nah man i didnt know there was shit like that in there, i was just saying from your post how they could be similar

it was more to stimulate a conversation, since i have never read the scientologists book

Sport1.3
04-12-2006, 03:11 PM
ya i figured...i actually like that...it informs ppl. also i am by no means an expert on scientology

metalman
04-18-2006, 05:49 PM
There was an expert on scientology on MSNBC last nite...anyone else see that?
Had some interesting stuff to say about Tom Cruise and his wacky cult religion.
Guy seemed to know his stuff.

Decker1.8t
04-18-2006, 06:01 PM
im just wondering arent most of you in here BASHING/JUDGING this christian?
i havent looked at this religion, but what makes that book more absurd than yours?

couldn't have said it better myself

{X}Echo419
04-19-2006, 08:19 AM
and the bible isnt? just because more people accept the bible makes it less of a novel than that book? cause in that description you gave it sounds like you are describing the bible too :eye:
if you believe the Bible is God's word than it is more than just a book. if you don't than it won't be.

4dmin
04-19-2006, 09:12 AM
GUESS WHAT? TOM/KATIE HAD THEIR BABY :lmao:

Sport1.3
04-19-2006, 09:33 AM
did tom eat the placenta (sp?)...lol

Hulud
04-19-2006, 09:56 AM
if you believe the Bible is God's word than it is more than just a book. if you don't than it won't be.
you can say that about any religions book, they were all "written by god" but you all can't be right ;)

Sport1.3
04-19-2006, 10:03 AM
actually none were "writen" by god...they were inspired by god.

Jaimecbr900
04-19-2006, 10:12 AM
I don't know much about Scientology, but would be interested in reading more about it.

Maybe I'll keyword it on TIVO..... :D

It does seem awful trendy by the movie stars that join it. Dunno, I have to wait to air an opinion one way or another until I know more about it myself. If it's anything like you guys are describing, it will make for some interesting reading. ;)

Sport1.3
04-19-2006, 10:13 AM
its actually kinda freaky that they believe some of the stuff they do.....also fuckin funny as hell lol

Hulud
04-19-2006, 10:33 AM
actually none were "writen" by god...they were inspired by god.
yea good point

babowc
04-19-2006, 02:56 PM
you know,
the bible is the best selling book for all time world wide.
just food for thought

LordMDP
04-20-2006, 11:39 PM
that has to be the stupidest shit i have ever read

why the hell you would believe crap like this is beyond me

hollywood is fvcked up

Hulud
04-20-2006, 11:44 PM
that has to be the stupidest shit i have ever read

why the hell you would believe crap like this is beyond me

hollywood is fvcked up
why would you believe christianty?

Sport1.3
04-21-2006, 09:33 AM
you know,
the bible is the best selling book for all time world wide.
just food for thought

haha its also i believe the most widely printed....thats might help sales a bit ya think

Sport1.3
04-21-2006, 10:10 AM

actaully a good arguement. the thing that really gets me is, jesus was supposedly a jew....so why then r we christians and no jewish? :doh: then also christianity was created a short time after and was really the 2nd form of mass religion, so why then are there so many variations? some variations that were created up to as close as the last decade.

Romeyo07
04-21-2006, 11:45 AM
Jewish people believe that the Messiah (Jesus) has not come yet. Jesus came to be their Messiah, but they rejected him. So, current jews still think the messiah is yet to come (judaism) and Christians believe that Jesus was the Mesiah (Christianity).

The varieties come from a lack of unity, misinterpretations, opinions, wars, pride and being human.

Sport1.3
04-21-2006, 11:54 AM
so the christian messiah wasnt good enough for the jew's so they sent him back haha

Romeyo07
04-21-2006, 02:55 PM
badump bump...

Hulud
04-21-2006, 04:37 PM
hey lord, i like how you deleted your post, it was a wise decision

Sport1.3
04-21-2006, 04:47 PM
^ ohhhhh what did it say?

Hulud
04-21-2006, 04:54 PM
its too late for me to get into it- but i dont even consider this a real organized religion-just a few brainswashed people
heres a snippet

Romeyo07
04-22-2006, 09:02 PM
most religions have a "far fetched" basis. to believe one person will save the world, or that people come back from the dead, etc....it's a hard pill to swallow. I wouldn't say brainwashed, I'd say they were convinced it was right.

I heard that you can be christian and a scientologist too...is this true?

metalman
04-22-2006, 09:46 PM

No.
The cult of scientologists used to make that claim. They were called on it too many times and since have changed their response.
In addition to being a 'religion' based upon science fiction, scientology involves reincarnation. Christianity does not. The two are not compatable.

Xan
04-25-2006, 11:44 AM
Some computer guru on here needs to write the "source code" for the blending of Scientology and Christianity. HTML format plz. oh...My alien is talking to me...LOLGTFOROFL

Sport1.3
04-25-2006, 12:55 PM
^OMGSTFUKTHNKSDIEBBQ!!11

HiPSI
04-25-2006, 04:57 PM

you may be thinking of the "Christian Science" religion. it's beliefs hover mostly around divine healing and they believe that illness is a false reality.

some bits i found about Christian science:

-Christian Science denies the existence of all matter, including man's physical body. They say that man is "incapable of sin, sickness, and death."
-Christian Science denies the existence of hell and eternal punishment, and, therefore, there is no devil
-Christian Scientists claim that since organic disease does not exist, "the cause of all so-called disease is mental"

it's fairly cult-like almost like Scientology, but based on the bible (although a very different interpretation than the christian religion believes).

and the reason celebs like stuff like Scientology or Kaballah (sp?) is because they can buy their way into it. the more money you have there, the "better" off you are.;)

Xan
04-27-2006, 10:55 AM
To quote the "Official" Scientology site. "The word Scientology literally means "the study of truth." It comes from the Latin word "scio" meaning "knowing in the fullest sense of the word" and the Greek word "logos" meaning "study of."

Scientology is the study and handling of the spirit in relationship to itself, others and all of life. The Scientology religion comprises a body of knowledge extending from certain fundamental truths. !!!!!!!!!Prime among these:!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Man is an immortal, spiritual being. His experience extends well beyond a single lifetime. His capabilities are unlimited, even if not presently realized — and those capabilities can be realized.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LAWL. GTFO. Facts create truth. There are ZERO facts to base any of this shit on. I can't believe how gullible these people are.

SilverJester
04-27-2006, 01:10 PM
This sounds retarded..I'm going to have check out the offical web site now. It's amazing these people didn't watch movies like the matrix and start believing that we actually were in some virtual reality :rolleyes:

Sport1.3
04-27-2006, 02:10 PM
i wouldnt be supprised if that didnt actually happen

LordMDP
04-30-2006, 11:17 PM
it is a good question

but you could say the same thing about Judaism-Islam-Hindu ect

All of those have been religions that have excisted for a long time and have the theology to back them up

all i'm saying i scientology is some bullshit some fat white guy with a crazy imagination came up with 50 years ago talking about alien spirits ect

i'm not even going to try to argue

you know what i'm saying

Hulud
04-30-2006, 11:43 PM
it is a good question

but you could say the same thing about Judaism-Islam-Hindu ect
i know i meant everything but it seems most people in the religion forum are either, christian/agnostic/athiest

All of those have been religions that have excisted for a long time and have the theology to back them up

all i'm saying i scientology is some bullshit some fat white guy with a crazy imagination came up with 50 years ago talking about alien spirits ect

i'm not even going to try to argue

you know what i'm saying
jsut because something has existed for so long doenst make it correct

and jsut because it was brought up 50 years ago doesnt discredit its religion anymore than a religion that had been around for thousands of years

Romeyo07
05-01-2006, 07:17 AM
and jsut because it was brought up 50 years ago doesnt discredit its religion anymore than a religion that had been around for thousands of years

Though you already know I'm Christian and stand by my faith, I think Christianity/Islam/Buhdism/etc. brings more to the table with a more acceptable story and history than Scientology.

Then again, most religions provide a somewhat "you ain't gonna believe this" story. This explains the varieties of religions out there.

LordMDP
05-02-2006, 11:08 PM
look-i'm not going to try and discredit Muslims or Hindus or say aetheists are going to hell or anything like that but this scientology thing is so stupid

its not even worth arguing about

Hulud-you just try to attack Christians every chance you get

Hulud
05-02-2006, 11:10 PM
Hulud-you just try to attack Christians every chance you get
no i dont where am i attacking them? im asking questions and pointing out what i see, sorry if you take offense to that..... wait no im not

Sport1.3
05-04-2006, 01:24 PM
http://www.planetboredom.net/video.php?id=1419
dianetics video for school of scientology
funny as hell

Sport1.3
05-05-2006, 09:19 AM
http://www.xenutv.com/

metalman
05-05-2006, 11:11 AM
Apparantly to this scientology idiot free speech is limited to whatever other people (scientology)find acceptable. That is not how free speech works. True free speech allows even the objectionable opinion/point of view to be expressed, even if its the opinion of only one person.

That concept that he expressed is truly the mark of a cult and sign of his own brainwashing. Unlike true religion which ENCOURAGES and URGES free thinking and study of all persepctives, cults like scientology and others wish to limit what people see, can speak, or have access to. He attempts to do this under the guise of "sacredness".

EDIT: perhaps I should be more clear that I was speaking in relation to the video with Andreas Heldal-Lund in Hollywood where he chats up a scientology nutjob.