PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Atlanta Region SCCA Autocross Information

Sport1.3
03-14-2006, 12:07 AM
2006 Atlanta Region SCCA Autocross Information

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The new season is coming up. Here are the dates for this years' races. Many of us came out last season. I hope to see everyone out there again this season.

This is the information about the Atlanta Region Autocross. The cost is $35 per day. If you become a SCCA member ($75) you will get that day's race free plus all the races for the rest of the season will be $25.

Register here - http://www.soloatlanta.com

Registration is free. When you register, it doesn't mean you have to show up. It just holds your spot for that day's event. It would be totally awesome to have a big forum showing there at the events. If you don't want to race your daily driver, that's cool, too. There are plenty of people who will give ride alongs. the first event starts this Sunday

Mar 19 - Points Event #1 Gwinnett Fairgrounds

Apr 22 - Driver Development Program Turner Field Green Lot
Apr 23 - Points Event #2 Turner Field Green Lot

Jun 10 - Novice School & Evolution Phase 1 Turner Field Green Lot
Jun 11 - Points Event #3 Turner Field Green Lot

Jul 1-2 - MirrorKana Gwinnett Fairgrounds
Jul 16 - Points Event #4 Turner Field Green Lot

Aug 13 - Points Event #5 Gwinnett Fairgrounds

Sep 2 - Test n Tune & Evolution Phase 2 Turner Field Green Lot
Sep 3 - Points Event #6 Turner Field Green Lot
Sep 10 - Points Event #7 (tentative) Atlanta Motor Speedway

Oct 8 - Points Event #8 Gwinnett Fairgrounds
Oct 22 - Points Event #9 Gwinnett Fairgrounds

Nov 18 - Points Event #10 (tentative) Turner Field Green Lot
Nov 19 - Champion of Champions Turner Field Green Lot

the events run rain or shine with exception to dangerous weather (i.e lightning, high winds, or hail)

99SI
03-15-2006, 10:25 AM
bump for hopefully a good turnout. I am eagerly anticipating my first autocross event. I look forward to seeing all of you who come out.

speedminded
03-15-2006, 10:39 AM
Damnnn, i'd really like to compete for a full season but too many of those weekends i'll be at real tracks for NASA and SCCA...honda challenge & formula mazda. Really think i should cone dodge for points before jumping into the HPDE.

Sport1.3
03-15-2006, 12:06 PM
well we actually go to "real" tracks too. we visit Little Talledega (sp?) and AMS. plus we have the only MIrrokanna event with rules!!!! Auto x is also alot safer for all involved, and a hellova lot cheaper!

99SI
03-15-2006, 12:34 PM
I just hope I can get my exhaust quieted down before this weekend so I don't get kicked out after only two runs. It's funny, I've been driving my car as it is now for almost a year and never had a problem with a cop about the noise, now I have to try to quiet it so that I can go RACING!!! lol. Just strikes me as ironic. Oh well, the price you pay to play I guess.

speedminded
03-15-2006, 01:29 PM
I just hope I can get my exhaust quieted down before this weekend so I don't get kicked out after only two runs. It's funny, I've been driving my car as it is now for almost a year and never had a problem with a cop about the noise, now I have to try to quiet it so that I can go RACING!!! lol. Just strikes me as ironic. Oh well, the price you pay to play I guess.$@#%#$%, mine is too loud i think...arg! Got a cat but running out a high flow resonator...nothing else behind it.

speedminded
03-15-2006, 01:37 PM
well we actually go to "real" tracks too. we visit Little Talledega (sp?) and AMS. plus we have the only MIrrokanna event with rules!!!! Auto x is also alot safer for all involved, and a hellova lot cheaper!Maybe i'll just do as many as i can then...but i just don't like doing things if i can't put all i have into it. Plus i'm screwed on the class, my car is too modified to be in the right class but don't think enough to be competive in the class it would be put in...if that makes sense. Engine swap screws me.

Sport1.3
03-15-2006, 02:21 PM
99si: the sound regulations only apply to the Gwinnett Fairgrounds. everywhere else there is no limit.

Speedminded: you would most likely be in SM. i was in the same class last year with my turbo protege and did fairly well. take a no lag, lighter, higher reving, better handling car like your and id say you should do quite well. i was also running 2.5" turbo back, with no cats, no resonator and no muffler (straight pipe)and only DQ'd once with a 96 db reading. believe me it was LOUD!!

speedminded
03-15-2006, 02:47 PM
99si: the sound regulations only apply to the Gwinnett Fairgrounds. everywhere else there is no limit.

Speedminded: you would most likely be in SM. i was in the same class last year with my turbo protege and did fairly well. take a no lag, lighter, higher reving, better handling car like your and id say you should do quite well. i was also running 2.5" turbo back, with no cats, no resonator and no muffler (straight pipe)and only DQ'd once with a 96 db reading. believe me it was LOUD!!I will just about bet i'm exceeding 96db at WOT, I was the 2nd loudest one at turner with the old muffler and now have like 6 feet less exhaust and no muffler! lol. I'm wanting the fujitsubo RMO1a if i can ever find it around here.

Ran novice and placed like 6th out of 12 (7th out of 18 novice's for the day) but had the lowest FWD time though..the 6 in front of me were AWD or RWD and was right at 1.0-1.5 seconds behind the quickest STI (3 of them) :tongue: and I was on stock shocks w/ lowering springs (ugly bodyyyroll), no lsd (lighting up inside tire coming out of every turn having to feather the throttle), and shitty kumho tires...now i have tein flex coil-over dampeners, oem itr LSD, and putting on 215/45-16 Falken Azenis RT615's this week. Next is to upgrade the rear sway 23mm+ (from my 14mm) and swapping my springs for some 75-100lbs heavier (i can go up 100lbs before having to redampen).

I think i had 6 runs on the course at turner and did not hit a single cone... pretty sure i could be competitive and give a few cars a run for their money :)

Sport1.3
03-15-2006, 05:55 PM
I think i had 6 runs on the course at turner and did not hit a single cone... pretty sure i could be competitive and give a few cars a run for their money :)

i did the same my first time out and got 1st in novice. even beat all the FSP cars. but you'll find that if you actually pushing the car to its limits your going to hit cones. "if you not hittin cones your not pushin hardenough"

Tank
03-15-2006, 06:00 PM
damn im gonna try to have my 86 ready for some kind of action not by this sunday though dammit

Sport1.3
03-15-2006, 09:36 PM
^ what needs fixing? im pretty handy around the 4AG's. mine runs like a top on steroids!!

Nismo
03-15-2006, 11:24 PM
I'd go but my car would be so uncompetitive. All i have are axxis ultimate brake pads. The car is an 05 tc 5spd n/a

Ninety Four
03-15-2006, 11:33 PM
Hopefully I won't be in ATL in the fall, but I really want to autox the car. If it's not in the shop this weekend, I may try to bring it out for the autox.

Sport1.3
03-15-2006, 11:54 PM
I'd go but my car would be so uncompetitive. All i have are axxis ultimate brake pads. The car is an 05 tc 5spd n/a

actually you should do fairly well. HP means nothing in a tight course, and those cars handle quite well. as far as class idk you'll have to check the rules on that one. if nothing go and get some ride alongs. ill definitly introduce you to some great pro's. believe me in a stock class with a good driver any car can be competitive, thats why they have different classes for different cars. go to the Soloatlanta.com web page and look up the rules for what your car would be classes under. or if u cant find it ask me and ill let you know.

94: definitly make it out if you can man its a ton of fun and the ppl you will meet, and the cars u see will amaze you!

99SI
03-16-2006, 10:12 AM
To anyone who thinks they won't be competitive or just has a stock car, who cares? It's not about beating anyone but about improving your times, as far as novice goes. If you were a pro running for a national solo runoff spot then yeah, worry about beating everyone. If you are a novice, do it to improve your driving, get some legal seat time driving your car all out. I am going into this first time with absolutely no expectations other than to see how well my car will perform under competitive conditions and how well I can drive my car. I'm pumped up about it. I just hope I get my helmet in time and I get my exhaust shushed down in time.

speedminded
03-16-2006, 10:49 AM
To anyone who thinks they won't be competitive or just has a stock car, who cares? It's not about beating anyone but about improving your times, as far as novice goes. If you were a pro running for a national solo runoff spot then yeah, worry about beating everyone. If you are a novice, do it to improve your driving, get some legal seat time driving your car all out. I am going into this first time with absolutely no expectations other than to see how well my car will perform under competitive conditions and how well I can drive my car. I'm pumped up about it. I just hope I get my helmet in time and I get my exhaust shushed down in time.Just have a slip-on turn down made with a clamp...

99SI
03-16-2006, 11:35 AM
??? what an extra muffler or just an elbow that turns it away from the db meter? I talked to sport20 about that vortex muffler insert that's supposed to quiet it down a little bit, just don't know how effective it will be. I am thinking that my car will be well over 96db, and I certainly do not want to be cutting anything on my custom exhaust.

Riceboy891
03-16-2006, 12:58 PM
As long as my car is runnin good this weekend ill be there makin those cones wish they had never been born.

speedminded
03-16-2006, 01:04 PM
??? what an extra muffler or just an elbow that turns it away from the db meter? I talked to sport20 about that vortex muffler insert that's supposed to quiet it down a little bit, just don't know how effective it will be. I am thinking that my car will be well over 96db, and I certainly do not want to be cutting anything on my custom exhaust.what is the exhaust? Is it just pipe going all the way back? no muffler or tip? If it's just exiting out a pipe them you can take a smaller diameter turndown (or make one) and stretch it to fit over the existing pipe. Pushing the sound to the ground will quiet it down and so will the slightly smaller pipe diameter. Anything to reduce the flow will dramatically quiet it down without losing too much power.

Sport1.3
03-16-2006, 01:09 PM
??? what an extra muffler or just an elbow that turns it away from the db meter? I talked to sport20 about that vortex muffler insert that's supposed to quiet it down a little bit, just don't know how effective it will be. I am thinking that my car will be well over 96db, and I certainly do not want to be cutting anything on my custom exhaust.

no basically what he and i were saying is a 90* bend of light metal ducting or thins stainless pushed into the tip of the mufflerand supported with a clamp. it wont screw up you muffler if anything it will scratch the carbon deposites off the inside of the muffler, and its only being used for less than 4 minutes total!

Sport1.3
03-16-2006, 01:16 PM
As long as my car is runnin good this weekend ill be there makin those cones wish they had never been born.

kinda like your parents wishing you werent.....lol j/k i will see you there brian, and ill be joining your war on CONES!!!1!!!!11!!eleven

speedminded
03-16-2006, 01:31 PM
no basically what he and i were saying is a 90* bend of light metal ducting or thins stainless pushed into the tip of the mufflerand supported with a clamp. it wont screw up you muffler if anything it will scratch the carbon deposites off the inside of the muffler, and its only being used for less than 4 minutes total!...seems like the clamp would mess/mark something up.

Sport1.3
03-16-2006, 01:35 PM
well the way i did mine i put the furnace ducting material (almost like hard aluminum foil) in a 90* bend into the tip of the muffler. then attached mechanics wire around the ducting (not touching the muffler, you could also use a clamp) then attached it to the closest toe hook or exhaust hanger. worked like a charm

99SI
03-17-2006, 10:51 AM
that's kind of what I was thinking about yesterday, I made a little expedition over to ACE hardware to brainstorm. lol. With the weather supposed to be rough on Sunday I may postpone my debut. I will have to bring along a girlfriend who really wouldn't want to be there anyway and if the weather is not good, cold and rainy, I don't know that it would make for a good outing. I am really hoping to make it though. I'll try my homemade engineering this afternoon and report any results.

99SI
03-17-2006, 10:53 AM
what is the exhaust? Is it just pipe going all the way back? no muffler or tip? If it's just exiting out a pipe them you can take a smaller diameter turndown (or make one) and stretch it to fit over the existing pipe. Pushing the sound to the ground will quiet it down and so will the slightly smaller pipe diameter. Anything to reduce the flow will dramatically quiet it down without losing too much power.
I have 2.5 from header straight back to a magnaflow resonator, there is a bend out of there to another bend going over the lca, then the magnaflow muffler, which has a 4" round tip. The muffler is an oval but it is a straight through design with just a perforated stainless core with packing around it. so anything I put it will not hit anything as there is no obstruction.

speedminded
03-17-2006, 11:13 AM
that's kind of what I was thinking about yesterday, I made a little expedition over to ACE hardware to brainstorm. lol. With the weather supposed to be rough on Sunday I may postpone my debut. I will have to bring along a girlfriend who really wouldn't want to be there anyway and if the weather is not good, cold and rainy, I don't know that it would make for a good outing. I am really hoping to make it though. I'll try my homemade engineering this afternoon and report any results.What is the size of the opening in the muffler?

99SI
03-17-2006, 11:46 AM
inlet is 2.5" the outlet appears to be pretty much inline with the tip. I'm not 100% sure what the actual outlet is. I would imagine it to be 3"+

Sport1.3
03-17-2006, 12:52 PM
well im bringin my GF and they dont get anymore spoiled then she is. this is my hobby and i do it anyway, she likes the ride alongs and there are other girls and guys for her to talk to when i kick her out so for the most part she's ok, and she understands that i cant just leave whenever she wants to. bring her, she may want to get involved. alotta girls start that way, and nothing hotter than a girl into cars/racing!

speedminded
03-17-2006, 01:30 PM
inlet is 2.5" the outlet appears to be pretty much inline with the tip. I'm not 100% sure what the actual outlet is. I would imagine it to be 3"+I have a silencer for a relatively large muffler...the problem is a hole would have to be drilled for the screw/bolt (actually has two screw holes but one would be sufficient)

Sport1.3
03-17-2006, 01:55 PM
just use the home depot method. its much cheaper and doesnt require drilling of any kind.

99SI
03-17-2006, 02:26 PM
so furnace pipe turned down with mechanics wire around it and attached to the nearest hanger. Correct?

99SI
03-17-2006, 02:29 PM
BTW, as far as my girlfriend goes, she's not too bad with the car thing as a sport. She despises the hangout/forum stuff. We went and volunteered for the Crow Mountain Hill Climb put on by the SCCA in Scottsboro Al. She had a good tiime, we both did. I wanted to see how the whole SCCA experience was and we met some really nice people from the TAC region at the corner we worked. The biggest thing would be the weather, if it is cold and raining I don't know if I would enjoy it all that much to be honest. Rain I don't mind so much as cold and rain. When you work six days a week and have a 2 hour round trip commute it is tough to get motivated to get up at 5:30 on a Sunday morning to make it to anything. lol

Sport1.3
03-17-2006, 03:42 PM
ya i hear you. make sure the ducting you get can withstand some heat. mine partially burnt but worked for the time it was needed.

99SI
03-17-2006, 03:43 PM
do I need to crimp the outlet to make it more restrictive? Or is the benefit in the turn down itself? Also, do I need to do the turn down and towards the drivers side? I am assuming the testing station will be set up towards the passenger side.

speedminded
03-17-2006, 03:49 PM
do I need to crimp the outlet to make it more restrictive? Or is the benefit in the turn down itself? Also, do I need to do the turn down and towards the drivers side? I am assuming the testing station will be set up towards the passenger side.straight down, that way it reflects it off the ground instead of aiming in any certain direction.

99SI
03-17-2006, 03:51 PM
gotcha. I wasn't sure. So with the pipe I know it will need to be approximately the same size as the muffler/tip to keep it fairly tight but should I try to crimp/bend the bottom to a smaller size to restrict it?

speedminded
03-17-2006, 03:54 PM
gotcha. I wasn't sure. So with the pipe I know it will need to be approximately the same size as the muffler/tip to keep it fairly tight but should I try to crimp/bend the bottom to a smaller size to restrict it?Sport20 seems to be the pro on it but i'd assume you can a little just to play around with it...won't take much to modify and test it a couple times.

99SI
03-17-2006, 03:57 PM
that's kind of what I had planned. I just wanted to have some idea of where to start from. I'm about to head over to Ace before and get creative. I went to ACE high one time back in my younger days and got the great idea to build a hookah bong out of a 3 gallon gas can, some plastic tubing, a brass nipple, and a slide out pyrex replacement bowl I had. You can let your imagination run wild in a hardware store and come up with anything. lol

speedminded
03-17-2006, 04:08 PM
that's kind of what I had planned. I just wanted to have some idea of where to start from. I'm about to head over to Ace before and get creative. I went to ACE high one time back in my younger days and got the great idea to build a hookah bong out of a 3 gallon gas can, some plastic tubing, a brass nipple, and a slide out pyrex replacement bowl I had. You can let your imagination run wild in a hardware store and come up with anything. lollol, everyonce in a while i'll go over to the Home Depot for lunch and wonder around doing the same thing...well, not always a smoking device though :tongue:

Sport1.3
03-17-2006, 05:13 PM
im not allowed in there without supervision, or else ill spend all my money on useless crap projects that ill never finish. always go with my GF. she gives me the "do you really need that" im always like OH YA!! and then she says "put it back, you know your broke and if you buy all this crap you wont have any money to spend on me!!" so then i put it back real sad like.........ugh......OWNED!!!

batdude8
03-18-2006, 09:54 PM
so whos all goin tomorrow? cause im gonna be there...

Stormhammer
03-18-2006, 11:11 PM
haha - BATDUDE! fanta fanta, dont you wanna fanta

Sport1.3
03-19-2006, 02:01 AM
^something were not getting here? or is that a private mater...lol

Stormhammer
03-19-2006, 02:49 AM
^ Fanta is my name on SQC since Stormhammer got banned :D

he made a post on SQC about this like last week so yeah

I'll be showing up, not running though

just look for a funny black widebodied 80s car

Riceboy891
03-19-2006, 05:27 AM
Its almost time!!!

Sport1.3
03-19-2006, 12:35 PM
well my battery was dead when i was tryin to leave at 7:20, so i just went back to sleep cuz theres no one here to help jump it, i could only put it on our battery charger. i got up later to fix it and still try and make it out to watch and the damn thing still wont start after bring on the charger on 2v for 2 hrs!!! i set it on 50v and still wont even jump. the damn thing is DEAD!!! im going to advance to get another one now, pisses me off it died when it did, cuz it was running perfect lastnight. hope everyone had fun and learned alot. sorry michael i couldnt be out there to help ya. ill definitly be out at the next event, hope you didnt DNF for sound.

Stormhammer
03-19-2006, 01:44 PM
haha whats his face was saying that you didnt show up cause of a dead battery lol

Sport1.3
03-19-2006, 02:32 PM
^ ya that would be exactly what i just said smart guy

99SI
03-20-2006, 02:23 PM
well my battery was dead when i was tryin to leave at 7:20, so i just went back to sleep cuz theres no one here to help jump it, i could only put it on our battery charger. i got up later to fix it and still try and make it out to watch and the damn thing still wont start after bring on the charger on 2v for 2 hrs!!! i set it on 50v and still wont even jump. the damn thing is DEAD!!! im going to advance to get another one now, pisses me off it died when it did, cuz it was running perfect lastnight. hope everyone had fun and learned alot. sorry michael i couldnt be out there to help ya. ill definitly be out at the next event, hope you didnt DNF for sound.
lol, I did end up getting a 97.1 dnf on my second run. Heyward said that I would have gotten it on my first run if I hadn't let off coming up the hill where the sound station was. I think I was in the middle of a shift right when I went by. The first run the turn down came out and was just along for the ride since it was still wired on pretty good. Since I didn't get a sound warning I decided to just take it off for the second run. whoops. I put it back on and Heyward talked to me about it. He said if I wasn't a novice at my first event there would be no way he would let me back out there but he would let me run as long as I kept it out of the top of the rev range. So I ran my third and final run in a gear too high to keep the revs down and still run somewhat quickly. I was pleased with how I did, and it gave me a little more confidence about the setup of my car. I definately think I have a few more seconds that I left out there. It was a good time for my first event though. The next event I will be joining SCCA and I'll go ahead and get in a class. I'm going to look for two cheap wheels that I can throw some Hoosiers on to put on the front when I'm running. My back tires barely heated up at all but the fronts look pretty torn into. Small price to pay though. I got held up a little bit that morning. A Blazer flipped about 7 times right behind me ejecting both people inside. I busted a smoky and the bandit u turn and got back to them and my girlfriend and I each took one. Amazingly I think they are going to be ok with some minor cuts/bruises. I thought they would be dead for sure when I looked in my mirror and saw that thing flipping and going airborne. It was a bit unnerving for sure. It was about two miles before the fairground on Sugarloaf. The kid said he fell asleep and neither one ofthem had on seatbelts. Pure luck.

speedminded
03-20-2006, 02:35 PM
lol, I did end up getting a 97.1 dnf on my second run. Heyward said that I would have gotten it on my first run if I hadn't let off coming up the hill where the sound station was. I think I was in the middle of a shift right when I went by. The first run the turn down came out and was just along for the ride since it was still wired on pretty good. Since I didn't get a sound warning I decided to just take it off for the second run. whoops. I put it back on and Heyward talked to me about it. He said if I wasn't a novice at my first event there would be no way he would let me back out there but he would let me run as long as I kept it out of the top of the rev range. So I ran my third and final run in a gear too high to keep the revs down and still run somewhat quickly. I was pleased with how I did, and it gave me a little more confidence about the setup of my car. I definately think I have a few more seconds that I left out there. It was a good time for my first event though. The next event I will be joining SCCA and I'll go ahead and get in a class. I'm going to look for two cheap wheels that I can throw some Hoosiers on to put on the front when I'm running. My back tires barely heated up at all but the fronts look pretty torn into. Small price to pay though. I got held up a little bit that morning. A Blazer flipped about 7 times right behind me ejecting both people inside. I busted a smoky and the bandit u turn and got back to them and my girlfriend and I each took one. Amazingly I think they are going to be ok with some minor cuts/bruises. I thought they would be dead for sure when I looked in my mirror and saw that thing flipping and going airborne. It was a bit unnerving for sure. It was about two miles before the fairground on Sugarloaf. The kid said he fell asleep and neither one ofthem had on seatbelts. Pure luck.Hoosiers just on the front!!! :eek: ...ass will be sliding around like you got the e-brake pulled up :tongue: I was planning to go there for a morning session but ended up doing a mtn run until 3am then had to be up at Road Atlanta that afternoon. You ever come out to any meets...i'm curious to hear your car because i'm just about positive i'm too loud.

quickdodgeŽ
03-20-2006, 02:48 PM
Oh to get back into this again..........too much fun. Especially since yours truly holds the 1999-2000 Atlanta Region ST class championship....lolol. I miss those days. Later, QD.

speedminded
03-20-2006, 03:00 PM
Oh to get back into this again..........too much fun. Especially since yours truly holds the 1999-2000 Atlanta Region ST class championship....lolol. I miss those days. Later, QD.get yo ass back out there then fool! Pick up a spare set of 15" steelies or cheap alloys and wrap them with some azenis and i know there has to be plenty of left over suspension parts from one of the many neon challenge series cars.

99SI
03-20-2006, 03:19 PM
^^^^I rarely ever make it out to any meets. I may try to come to the Varsity meet up for April 6th. That's my birthday so I may try to make an evening out of going up there and then out to dinner and a movie or something. Leaving the house at 8:00 AM and getting home at 7-7:30 ever day after driving as much as I do I'm pretty much on shut down mode when I get home. Like I said, I plan to go ahead and switch over to a supertrapp in the next week or two. Let me know if maybe next weekend you want to try to do a little mountain run and we'll try to set it up. You can hear it then, while you follow me up the mountain! lol ;)

99SI
03-20-2006, 03:20 PM
QD's just a worn out old man that's too scared to come out and run anymore. lol, :D

speedminded
03-20-2006, 03:28 PM
Let me know if maybe next weekend you want to try to do a little mountain run and we'll try to set it up. You can hear it then, while you follow me up the mountain! lol ;)lol, if i get the azenis on the back then you're on...for some reason falken only shipped two when i ordered 4 and running bubble gum 215/45-16 RT615's in the front and 205/45-16's street tires in the rear is scary oversteer...after a few week's i'm sure i'd be well adjusted to it but i have enough as it is with 4 matching tires!

99SI
03-20-2006, 04:17 PM
Well, the last time I pushed my car really hard was on stock suspension with stock rear sway bar and slightly worn toyo t1s tires. I wasn't sure what to expect yesterday with my Omnipower coilovers and Suspension Techniques rear sway bar and new toyo t1r tires. I didn't push hard at all, what would have been hard on the stock suspension was nothing now. Oversteer is only a mash of the throttle away mid turn. With a few more runs, (and a legal exhaust, lol) I think I had several seconds still to knock off. I was really impressed with my setup, the way I could transfer weight and get on power quickly. Oversteer is fun man, togue fwd runs. lol. "Look at those crazy bastards drifting a Civic and Integra!"

ShogunStylez
03-20-2006, 04:52 PM
I was there ran a 60, 59, and a 55 with a DNF.
i almost got killed working the corners though. 2 cars lost it and came right towards me. my ass had to run so fast. but it was a blast, i cant wait till points event #2
anyone see the second car to run in the morning? the lady and her corvette took out the timing box we had a delay thats why we all only got 3 runs.

Riceboy891
03-20-2006, 06:36 PM
I went 59, 57, 55 I think. The first one I was sliding all over on the sand and gravel, then to counter some of the understeer I started poppin the ebrake for a quick second to get it to rotate, amazingly it work out very well. I slid a few turn dropped a few seconds and never hit a cone or went off course. My car did amazingly well for street tires and I was very pleased and had a blast. Also I happened to be workin station 3 at the last turn when the lady in the Vette decided to bust out a drift and take out the timing equipment. Kinda sucked cuz of the delay, but it was pretty funny to watch all that stuff go flyin.

nsany(atl)
03-20-2006, 06:48 PM
I ran a 50.8, was in the White 240sx. Glad it didn't rain

Sport1.3
03-20-2006, 07:07 PM
im just happy i didnt have to buy another starter!! YEAH!!!!!!!lol
ill be there next time to show you all how its done :D

ShogunStylez
03-20-2006, 09:03 PM
I Also I happened to be workin station 3 at the last turn when the lady in the Vette decided to bust out a drift and take out the timing equipment. Kinda sucked cuz of the delay, but it was pretty funny to watch all that stuff go flyin.

you that shit was pretty crazy, but it sucked we only got 3 runs because of that.