PDA

View Full Version : Questions about a Mustang

Kryptonite
03-14-2006, 12:04 AM
Got a 2000 Mustang V6 - Lots of Mods but dont think it matters ? ? ?
Anyways - Auto parts place said this model does'nt have Doughnut (sp?) Gaskets.. I have a leak where manifold bolts to Piping for 02 and cat.. What seals it? The bolts are tight.. It does have a Cat back system on it - but dont remember what kind, work was done by Dugan Racing about 4yrs ago.. any ideas would help.

Flip
03-14-2006, 12:52 AM
My advice, go ahead and sell the mustang :P

Just kidding.. I really don't know anything about whether those have a gasket or not, but i would think that they do. Shouldn't all exhausts have one there? Although it is an american car... who knows about them...

Kryptonite
03-14-2006, 01:08 AM
^^ Not arguing - BUT its my Moms toy..Shes got a lot of money put into it, and likes spanking GT's- she was pissed when i spanked her in my little four door neon.. hehe..
Back to topic = I think they should have gaskets , but if auto parts dont think so how the hell can i replace it? lol..

Flip
03-14-2006, 01:13 AM
^^ Not arguing - BUT its my Moms toy..Shes got a lot of money put into it, and likes spanking GT's- she was pissed when i spanked her in my little four door neon.. hehe..
Back to topic = I think they should have gaskets , but if auto parts dont think so how the hell can i replace it? lol..

Haha i feel ya :). I guess you could call the dealer and ask them. That is if its not all new exhaust where you need the gasket. Your only other option would be to pull it apart and see whats there... Or just take it to an exhaust shop and make them do it for like $50...

BlueHatch
03-14-2006, 02:02 AM
i got a buddy who is a ford tech. ill call him in the mornin and have him check out your post. she spanks gt's with a six huh? i gotta gt

Flip
03-14-2006, 04:21 AM
i got a buddy who is a ford tech. ill call him in the mornin and have him check out your post. she spanks gt's with a six huh? i gotta gt

is that hence the "glug glug glug" bye bye gasoline? ;)

BlueHatch
03-14-2006, 11:59 AM
like you wouldnt believe

Kryptonite
03-14-2006, 07:11 PM
Yep, Her year model we did our home work before buying - Tests showed the v6 pulled the GT off the line then got out ran down the track. So we got the v6 ,
Changed the gear ratio, Bolt on full time posy rearend , Diablo chip, Cold air intake, upgraded wheels and tires, Cat back dual exhaust and a few other mods Blackout headlights, tint,door vent shades , Black back 3rd gen Alteza tails and more from Dugan Racing. THe results where gettin the Gt off the launch , and managed to stay in front .. needless to say it pissed off alot of Gt's.. Heres a pic

WINDSOR
03-18-2006, 09:12 PM
haha bullshit on any V6 like that pulling on a GT unless the gt owner can't drive. That model V6 has 190 hp and a GT has 260 hp. A well driven 99-04 GT can run a 13.9@100+ in the 1/4. Also there aren't any gaskets where you are talking about (hpipe to header). its a ball and socket fitting.

Kryptonite
03-18-2006, 10:26 PM
^^ yep, somthin to do withthe cat is what the shop told me....... You got a GT? We'll see ........

BigPoppaHurtm
03-20-2006, 12:25 AM
haha bullshit on any V6 like that pulling on a GT unless the gt owner can't drive. That model V6 has 190 hp and a GT has 260 hp. A well driven 99-04 GT can run a 13.9@100+ in the 1/4. Also there aren't any gaskets where you are talking about (hpipe to header). its a ball and socket fitting.

You'll be hardpressed to find guys that can get stock GT's to run 13.9's. You have to be a really good driver otherwise your probably running low 14's.

purplehazing
03-20-2006, 05:12 PM
krypt take it back to dugans and have them look at it thats the best i can think of and if your mom wants a run tell her ill run it need less to say i might get her for a lil while then its back to the shop for the stang hahahahaha

Kryptonite
03-20-2006, 07:31 PM
:2up: Dugan!!! There not who they used to be!

BlueHatch
03-21-2006, 03:50 AM
go to prospeed . and that v6 though it does look nice wouldnt stand up next to mine.btw my stock gt laid 241.6 to the wheels

sebastianHoff
03-21-2006, 08:03 AM
guy buy a 4.6 outta a crown vic and put it in your car, it should make more power tan the gt no problem.

Kryptonite
03-21-2006, 09:39 AM
yea the mustang is my moms project- shes thinking about selling it and gettin somthin new. Thanks for the feed back!

mach1girl
03-29-2006, 11:48 AM
go to prospeed . and that v6 though it does look nice wouldnt stand up next to mine.btw my stock gt laid 241.6 to the wheels

V6 Mustang with mods interesting. cool but interesting. I second the prospeed suggestion. But if you can wait a week 1/2 it would be better. they are buried with cars until Fun Ford and then are out Thursday April 6th through that sunday. Jeff and Jason are your contacts and here is the number 770-222-5015

AnthonyF
04-19-2006, 07:49 PM
I agree. Sell it. the 3.8 is almost worthless.