PDA

View Full Version : General Chat lowering springs

3kgtdrvr
03-13-2006, 11:52 AM
just seeing what yall thought of eibach sportlines and what type of shocks to use. im looking to lower my car a bit and get better handling but not pay a fortune with fancy stuff bc its mostly just a DD. let me know if anyone knows of a good spring/shock setup. any info will be much appreciated. thanks

speedminded
03-13-2006, 02:26 PM
just seeing what yall thought of eibach sportlines and what type of shocks to use. im looking to lower my car a bit and get better handling but not pay a fortune with fancy stuff bc its mostly just a DD. let me know if anyone knows of a good spring/shock setup. any info will be much appreciated. thanksdaily drivers need love too!

What's the spring rate for that application, what does eibach suggest to pair them up with?

3kgtdrvr
03-13-2006, 02:36 PM
i have no clue, i just saw a pair for sale on here so i figured somebody on here would know what to do

NISxMO
03-14-2006, 06:22 AM
Im running sportlines and koni adjustables (yellows) on my 240, I havent put them on yet but my 240 shop suggested them as a daily driver if I didnt want to go coilovers. Most of the guys have them up there as well if that helps any.

bluuuurr
04-30-2006, 10:44 PM
sportlines will give you an extremely low drop which could get you in trouble with atlanta roads... i've never messed with a 3kgt but you'll probably also require camber adjustments

the springs will only be as good as the shocks/struts you mate them with. Koni Yellows being the cream of the crop imo.. next KYB AGX, or Tokico Blues... if possible GAB shocks from Japan are butttterr

yudalicious
04-30-2006, 11:03 PM
while eibach makes great products i've never been a fan of their sport line springs... for alot of apps they tend to be not stiff enough for the drop the provide... IMO there's probably springs w/ better specs out there. But this might be entirely diff for your car. shocks will make or break a car, so get good ones.

4dmin
05-01-2006, 10:19 AM
eibach/koni are a nice combination

Maki
05-01-2006, 10:39 AM
i had sportlines and i loved them. get them but get a good shock. if you plan on doing and track/ hard driving get adjustable ones. kyb, koni, tokico are all good and if i am not mistaken tokico just came out with a new line of adj shock , they are the blacks