PDA

View Full Version : I hate a damn thief...(rant and a little long)...

Tiff-O-Bitties
03-13-2006, 11:02 AM
Ok, as most of you know, I work for an apartment complex in Gainesville and have been doing so for almost 4 years... My complex is one of 3 in town that allow companies to rent out furnished apartments for 3 months or more... Upon move in to these corporate units, residents have all furnishings (including paper towels, dishes, toliet paper, etc.) along with power, cable, water, sewage, trash, pest control, etc... internet and phone are extra b/c they are so much more expensive to hook up in our name...

Back in October (the 27th to be exact), 5 new residents moved into 5 of our furnished units. We've had no complaints on these units since October; however, we received a call from Charter Communications this morning stating that one of these corporates was scheduled for disconnection due to non-payment. (Strange considering we're never late on corporate units b/c these companies pay up to 3 times the regular rental rate for their employees to live here.) So, I call Charter back to find out why they are disconnecting. Joy, the Charter representative, tells me that they are disconnecting the internet due to non payment, and that we (Summit Place at Limestone, my apartment complex) owes $127.84. I pulled the file of that particular apartment and realized that we never set up internet in our name, we only set up the basic + expanded services. I found out that on January 13th someone called and set up the internet in our name. So, apparently, one of the residents of this particular apartment has fraudulently set up the internet in Summit Place's name and hoped that we wouldn't find out about it.

Unfortunately, I had to call the supervisor to let her know exactly what happened, that way we could receive payment from their employee. The manager was irate, not with me, but with the employee. 15 minutes after our conversation, the resident walked into the office and said, "Thanks to you, I no longer have a job." I replied with, "I'm sorry that you fraudulently used our name to hook up your internet; however, it was not my mistake that you lost your job, it was yours, and for that matter, you are lucky we are not pressing charges for your dishonest behavior." She stormed out of the office and slammed the door.

Do you think I handled this properly and professionally? Would you have done it differently?

The Golden Child
03-13-2006, 11:23 AM
i think it was professional i mean she tryed to blame you for loosing her job ..
which is not your fault so it has nothing to do with you ..

A.P. Photography
03-13-2006, 11:29 AM
I think you handled it well.

JustinSane110™
03-13-2006, 11:32 AM
i think it was professional i mean she tryed to blame you for loosing her job ..
which is not your fault so it has nothing to do with you ..
:stupid:

I think you handled it well.
:stupid:

v3rd1g0
03-13-2006, 11:33 AM
you did it better than most. very professional.

collins
03-13-2006, 11:44 AM
tiffo you kicked ass! ata girl. i'da slapped a ho for tryin to blame me for her gettin fired. shiiiiiiiiii.....

Brady
03-13-2006, 11:45 AM
I see where you are coming from, but also where the employee is coming from. If they are living in corporate condo they expect their company to pay for things they need to work out of there and i would say internet would be one of them. I don't think they tried to con anyone out of money or tried to intently steal internet. I had a friend that lived in a coporate condo where he set up the charter broadband under the condo's name and his company takes care of it. But yeah.... my .02 is they didn't mean to "steal". But i think you handled it well.

The Yousef
03-13-2006, 11:50 AM
you were only doing your job...no one can fault you for that at all...don't let it get to you :goodjob:

RandomGuy
03-13-2006, 11:52 AM
thanks to you she will go through extreme emotional distress and financial trouble and her children will grow up without nourishing food to eat or clean clothes to wear.

[/guilt]

Tiff-O-Bitties
03-13-2006, 11:54 AM
I just got a little more information, she had the bill sent to her apartment address instead of the management office, she hasn't paid it in 52 days (that means she's received at least 3 bills, 2 monthly and 1 late) She knew what she was doing, but she's not that smart. Oh well... I don't think she should have lost her job, I think they should have just garnished that $127.84 from her check, but her company is very strict, especially when she's on a 90 day probation period already from another huge mistake... oh well.

civic95
03-13-2006, 11:54 AM
How do you setup Internet in someone elses name? I say Charter made the mistake on this one.

JustinSane110™
03-13-2006, 11:58 AM
tiffo you kicked ass! ata girl. i'da slapped a ho for tryin to blame me for her gettin fired. shiiiiiiiiii.....
Stay tuned for collins, in the next episode of.....

When Keeping It Real... Goes Wrong. :lmfao:

Nismo
03-13-2006, 12:02 PM
^ LOL
Good work though on how you handled it

Tiff-O-Bitties
03-13-2006, 12:05 PM
How do you setup Internet in someone elses name? I say Charter made the mistake on this one.

I told them today that there are only 2 people authorized to access these accounts when set up in our company name, so, hopefully they will keep that from happening again!

babygurl
03-13-2006, 12:06 PM
You did nothing wrong, you handled this matter the correct way :) :goodjob:

RandomGuy
03-13-2006, 12:09 PM
because of you... her kids went from
http://www.pitt.edu/~ppcl/images/4%20diverse%20kids%20smiling.jpg

to this:
http://www.imcworldwide.org/images/pictures/foodemergency-LG.jpg

Tiff-O-Bitties
03-13-2006, 12:10 PM
^^^omg, that's sooo wrong.. *runs and cries* i didn't want her to lose her job..

Annihilation
03-13-2006, 12:12 PM
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH LOL

Tell her to use DIAL UP.............LOL AHAHA

carrascopa
03-13-2006, 12:49 PM
i dont see any other way you could hjave handled it. how stupid can some people be man

BigPoppaHurtm
03-13-2006, 01:18 PM
She should've paid the bill. Stupid bitch...

speedminded
03-13-2006, 01:56 PM
How did she know it was you? That seems odd unless her supervisor gave out your name...

JustinSane110™
03-13-2006, 01:57 PM
She should've paid the bill. Stupid bitch...
Yeah, FOOK DAT BEESH!!!

Crazy Asian
03-13-2006, 02:01 PM
You did good.

IndianStig
03-13-2006, 02:37 PM
LOL.

she lost a good paying job (most likely) over $125

LMAO. what a dumass.

because of you... her kids went from
http://www.pitt.edu/~ppcl/images/4%20diverse%20kids%20smiling.jpg

to this:
http://www.imcworldwide.org/images/pictures/foodemergency-LG.jpg

True. :lmfao:

LOL. JP, i think you handled it well, i mean, notifying the employer, right thing to do if the apt is in their name.

Did you tell the tenant first? I think its unecessary, but she mighta paid up. However, I would stil have notified the employer.

Julio
03-13-2006, 05:47 PM
Nope you did not handle it the correct way.

1st you shouldve find out who had permission to open these accounts.
2nd you shouldve blame Charter for the problem if there was someone authorized.
3rd you shouldve approach the person living there 1st, not there supervisor.

I bet that person wouldve payed the bill and Im sure if you wouldve explained to her/him the COmplex policy OVER again maybe they wouldve been a better understanding.

I just think you wanted to Jump the gun and act Like you were " BIG ".....
You acused the resident of " fraudulently " opening the account.
Maybe the resident thought her company would pay for it? Maybe she was late on the bill? Seriously who knows.. But in CUSTOMER SERVICE you always have to be Smart as far as making judgements and jumping the gun.

FYI, im basing this info on what you wrote.

I hate people that work at apartments complex I think you all think you are better then your residents when you are not.

Dont take this personal.. I just hate apartments.. personal reasons...

and Ive been In customer service 10 years and understand both sides of the coins.
In customer service, you have to be really careful who you screw...

RandomGuy
03-13-2006, 08:40 PM
soooo oh so very true.

Leisa
03-13-2006, 08:58 PM
you handled it with great class!

Tiff-O-Bitties
03-14-2006, 08:57 AM
Nope you did not handle it the correct way.

1st you shouldve find out who had permission to open these accounts.
2nd you shouldve blame Charter for the problem if there was someone authorized.
3rd you shouldve approach the person living there 1st, not there supervisor.

I bet that person wouldve payed the bill and Im sure if you wouldve explained to her/him the COmplex policy OVER again maybe they wouldve been a better understanding.

I just think you wanted to Jump the gun and act Like you were " BIG ".....
You acused the resident of " fraudulently " opening the account.
Maybe the resident thought her company would pay for it? Maybe she was late on the bill? Seriously who knows.. But in CUSTOMER SERVICE you always have to be Smart as far as making judgements and jumping the gun.

FYI, im basing this info on what you wrote.

I hate people that work at apartments complex I think you all think you are better then your residents when you are not.

Dont take this personal.. I just hate apartments.. personal reasons...

and Ive been In customer service 10 years and understand both sides of the coins.

1st, I did that.
2nd, I did that, as well.
3rd, I did not do that because the person living here is not the lease holder, their company is; therefore, they hold no rights on this property; however, the company does.

The person admitted to using our name, fraudulently, to her supervisor, to set up this account because she thought she could pay for the account without her company or my company ever knowing; however, upon receiving the bill, which she also admitted to doing, she didn't pay and is now, today, 53 days late.

I did not want to "jump the gun" or play "big" because, I too, am a resident of this apartment community with management over my head (my management being the owner, which lives here as well). I have to obey the rules just like everyone else, with no leverage.

I don't take what you said personal, I just thought I'd give you some more details.. and you are very correct, you have to be careful who you screw.

CALIWEST
03-14-2006, 10:24 AM
u did good girl...u just informing the manager...not like u were the one firing her

Boneswiss
03-14-2006, 10:28 AM
I would of done the same thing...

2.0civic
03-14-2006, 10:50 AM
I think you handles it well man. If you didnt take care of your ends, it could be you losing your job. fuck it though. If they are going to do some shit like that they should pay for it. LOL< glad you mentioned the fraud thing cause that prolly hit her ass hard.