PDA

View Full Version : Misc Nother HUGE RC question...

ALVIN
03-12-2006, 07:17 PM
Like some of you that have helped me know that I have a CEN CT4s. I got the engine to crank using the origional gas that I started out with. Now comes the problem.

I give it gas and it goes very slow if anywhere and if I give it break than it completely shuts off. Let me know if you can on what you guys think might be the problem. +rep you if I can.:goodjob:

Goinfasterthanu
03-12-2006, 07:36 PM
Is the air fuel set right?

ALVIN
03-12-2006, 07:40 PM
yup yup had it tuned before the fuel change and the fuel change was a mistake so I went to the original fuel (Blue Thunder), aand it cranks and idles now but wont go far if it moves at all and when I pull th trigger (brake) it shuts off. I think it might be the idle screw but that still doesnt explain why if i hold it full throttle it only inches by and spews gas out of the muffler.

chameleon30038
03-12-2006, 09:01 PM
blue thunder...boo! With the fuel change you need to start over tuning wise. what kind of carb do you have? Single needle, Two needle, Slide or Rotary? Try turning the high needle in clockwise all the way and do 3 1/2 turns back out and go from there. I could probably help you better if i was able to mess with the car.

chameleon30038
03-12-2006, 09:03 PM
where are you at? I'm in snellville...also is it pullstart or you have a starter box?

ALVIN
03-12-2006, 09:28 PM
Yea its a pull start with a sliding carb. Hell if you want to mess with it sometime this week that'll be cool. Im in school till about 3 everday except friday lol. I live off of 84 and 78. First neighborhood on 84 on right.

ALVIN
03-13-2006, 03:37 PM
I talked to CEN and they said it might be the clutch bell or the clutch its self. They said get a person that races them and is very familiar to check it out. So anyone want to come over saturday or I'll meet you somewhere and can check out the car. They also said the idle might be set too low.

civic95
03-13-2006, 04:20 PM
You need to find out what the stock needle settings are, and go back to those. That should get it running decent again. After you do that you need to play with it, and watch the exhaust to make sure your not running lean. You want to run just a tad rich (little white smoke at full throttle). There are a ton of RC forums that should be able to help you.

ALVIN
03-13-2006, 04:33 PM
well I can get it to turn on and its at the stock setting which is all the way in and 3.5 turns out. like i said before it wont stay running if i pull the trigger to brake and wont go far if any with it at full throttle. The dude at Cen said it might be the clutch or thw clutch bell itself. That I needed to get a store or a professional racer to check it out like at a pro shop. Even if someone knows what they are doing.

civic95
03-13-2006, 05:16 PM
well I can get it to turn on and its at the stock setting which is all the way in and 3.5 turns out. like i said before it wont stay running if i pull the trigger to brake and wont go far if any with it at full throttle. The dude at Cen said it might be the clutch or thw clutch bell itself. That I needed to get a store or a professional racer to check it out like at a pro shop. Even if someone knows what they are doing.

You should be able to see if the clutch is working or not by looking at it.

ALVIN
03-13-2006, 05:20 PM
I tried but the clutch is inside the clutch bell...I opened it up to check it out and there was some, not a lot, of black residue inside the bell from the clutch shoes.

Jdmvtecy0
03-15-2006, 08:17 PM
i had this problem before...it was the Clutch Spring for me. Snaped. When it cranks it starts moving by itself and when u gas it its so slow. Or its the settings on ur remote control

ALVIN
03-20-2006, 02:11 PM
ok yall got that mother fucker to stay on lol...now the problem is moving. I know it has to be the clutch because it smokes when it tries to move...when I give it gas it bogs down and turns off sometime...otherwise it bogs and wont move.

ALVIN
03-22-2006, 10:53 AM
ok DAMNIT lol...i dont know if its the clutch either...ok the car does not cut off now. Its not the clutch spring...Ive taken the clutch bell off plenty of times and the spring is perfect. THIS is where I need your help guys.

The car runs poorly. I'm talking about shit. It sounds like a weed whacker and doesnt have the high pitched sound. The only time it gets high pitched and running good as hell is for the last 2 seconds when it reaches the last bit of fuel (settled nitro content). Is there something that you guys know that I don't If anyone wants to come look at the car and test it out...I will be free after 5 tomorrow (thursday) and all the way to sunday.

wantboost
03-22-2006, 11:58 AM
it sounds like it is tuned poorly. but it could be your motor. the low pitched weed wacker sound comes when im running really rich. also what temp. glow plug are you using

Nismo
03-22-2006, 12:12 PM
I fixed it i fixed it i fixed over the internet!

ALVIN
03-22-2006, 12:33 PM
damn man you are really good. Now I need to get it tuned lol. Thanks for the help man +rep if I can