PDA

View Full Version : Spring Question

blacknightteg
04-22-2005, 04:44 PM
ok, so i wana get some lowering springs......but i keep hearing that you cant jus really get the lowering springs, you have to get the cambers and struts as well, is that true? i heard it fucks up your ride if you only get springs... is that right?

B16a2 Civic
04-22-2005, 04:50 PM
cambers are to help make sure you dont wear out your tires faster, new shocks and struts are suggest not required, but with stock shocks and stocks, you'll bounce alot, and lowering the car without the shocks will put stress on em causeing them to go out faster...but i would suggest buying it all, coilovers, camber kit and new shocks and struts

blacknightteg
04-22-2005, 04:53 PM
im not even gunna buy coil overs to be honest...cuz i really have no intention of hightening my car anymore after i lower it

B16a2 Civic
04-22-2005, 04:55 PM
alright, nothing wrong with that, but if you want to save money in the long run, i really suggest a camber kit, i have a skunk 2 camber kit and it really saves thread on my tires, new shocks and struts will really give your car a more comfortable feeling, all worth it once you buy...or you can always go with air ride Lol, dont have to worry about a camber kit then

blacknightteg
04-22-2005, 05:00 PM
thats quite alright....only reason i was really concerned bout this is cuz im tight on money n i wasnt to sure

flysi00
04-24-2005, 11:15 AM
u can do whatever u want to do i would jsut do it and say fuck it

blacknightteg
04-24-2005, 11:24 AM
yeah but i would rather not fuck up my car faster

SandM
04-26-2005, 06:27 AM
well, i have just springs on my car... (quick fox for nopi a while back
). black civic si is right. your cars bounce is definatly increased. however, the shocks dont go out extremely fast. and with shocks being around 50-100 a piece, you have plenty of time to save up. i would say just go out and get both, shocks and springs.