PDA

View Full Version : Misc iPod Video Help Please

imbosile
03-11-2006, 11:05 PM
Well I've had an iPod video for about a week now, and I've got a few movies/videos on it. What I don't understand is that I convert all the videos into the exact same format and I do it the exact same way everytime. But for some reason some of the movies just decide to freeze up and the audio disapears, then the video will begin to play once more, but without audio. It really pisses me off because everything is done the exact same way. I have no idea what to do, I have called Apple but they can't really help me since its not videos from iTunes. Have any of you had this problem? Could it be the iPod itself? Any help would be great. By the way, I am using Videora to convert the videos.

imbosile
03-11-2006, 11:24 PM
anybody?

v3rd1g0
03-11-2006, 11:44 PM
well first thing that comes to mind....it's made by apple XD lol but other then that it's probably the format it was originally in. I tried to load a video i formated onto an ipod and it was fucked after it got converted to the ipod video format... try converting it to another popular type then re doing it

imbosile
03-11-2006, 11:54 PM
thanks, its weird because so far it's only happened to me with the Dave Chappelle stuff I try and put on... I have some episodes i got off limewire, and tonight i just ripped an entire hour of it straight off the DVD and it still has the same problems. It's so frustrating.

but yea, this is the first thing i have ever bought from apple, and im not to impressed.

v3rd1g0
03-12-2006, 12:00 AM
lol i've never liked the ipods, only way i'd get one is if it's from the free ipod sites

C22H19N3O4
03-12-2006, 12:03 AM
http://forums.ilounge.com/

imbosile
03-12-2006, 12:06 AM
alright well i went on download.com and looked for a program, found one made by Xilisoft, and miraculously the videos don't skip, but the downside is that it costs 30.00 bucks for the registration code. with the free trial you can only convert 5 minutes of the video. Anyone have a code for the Xilisoft iPod Video Converter, or know where to find one?

v3rd1g0
03-12-2006, 01:08 AM
gimme till tomorrow night. i can probably get you something after i get back on campus

chrisdavis
03-12-2006, 09:18 AM
Anyone have a code for the Xilisoft iPod Video Converter, or know where to find one?

I dont have a code but Im sure "someone" with Limewire may be able to download a crack for it (hint hint)

imbosile
03-12-2006, 11:00 AM
W00t!!!!!!!!! i just figured it out, it was because of the firmware upgrade that apple did to version 1.1. it fucks everything up for the 60gb ipod only, not the 30. it accidentaly creates a problem that makes the ipod skip when trying to play videos around 100mb or higher. you simply have to downgrade the firmware to version 1.0. if anyone is having the same problem and needs me to help them, just let me know.