PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods 622whp UBERDATA tuned LSVTEC *MSPi/Turbo Dave Top Mount Manifold*

Vteckidd
03-11-2006, 08:04 PM
Here is the long awaited dyno of our top mount turbo manifold.
Motor specs:
84mm Golden Eagle Sleeves
JE 9.5:1 Pistons
Eagle Rods
JG Edelbrock manifold
1000cc injectors
Walbro 255
B16 CAMS
STOCK HEAD
Rocket Motorsports Gen1 Turbo Valvesprings and Retainers
MSPi/Turbo Dave Custom Top Mount Turbo Manifold
T3/T67 .83 A/R
Tial 38mm Wastegate
HKS SSQ BOV
Uberdata

Pics of the car:
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/Vteckidd/HPIM2241.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/Vteckidd/HPIM2245.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/Vteckidd/HPIM2240.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/Vteckidd/HPIM2239.jpg

Pics of the manifold:
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/Vteckidd/HPIM2172.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/Vteckidd/HPIM2191.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/Vteckidd/HPIM2193.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/Vteckidd/HPIM2196.jpg

PUMP GAS 93 OCTANE 20PSI:
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/Vteckidd/Spoolinpumpgas.jpg

RACE GAS 29PSI SAE:
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/Vteckidd/HPIM2238.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/Vteckidd/spoolin600whp.jpg

STD numbers
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/Vteckidd/Spoolin600whp.jpg

Im thinking with ITR cams and a ported head he'll make 650-675whp. he also needs another Walbro pump, Fuel PSI was starting to not hold.

Thanks to ScttyDB411 for the Ubderdata Tuning :thumbup:

EJ25RUN
03-11-2006, 08:16 PM
umm, damn

congrats. :goodjob:

silviadriftr
03-12-2006, 12:31 AM
Hell yeah. Good numbers man. Can't wait to see what a built head and the same boost some of these other guys are running will do!!!!! ;)

EJ_Allmota
03-12-2006, 01:13 AM
Great numbers man..

josh green
03-12-2006, 02:25 AM
more power could have been made but he also maxed out the map sensor. You guys have to remember though, this thing is not "trick" high-dollar bad ass everything. This is hard work and priority budgeting put into this car to have what it has. Cams, 5 bar, and an inline pump or another walbro it will make the power of the others.
Those that think the powerband isnt very linear, the same thing was said about the last build and if you ever rode in it you would say otherwise.

1 SICK GT
03-12-2006, 07:42 AM
sweeeeeet

Evil Goat
03-12-2006, 08:47 AM
nice....is that spoolins car?

silviadriftr
03-12-2006, 09:15 AM
nice....is that spoolins car?

Yes it is.

scttydb411
03-12-2006, 10:51 AM
how was the drive home? as soon as that thing hits vtec...whoa!!

i'm thinking when you get the pump, cams, headwork, clutch...get the 5 bar map and we'll REALLY tune it.

SPOOLIN
03-12-2006, 11:06 AM
how was the drive home? as soon as that thing hits vtec...whoa!!

i'm thinking when you get the pump, cams, headwork, clutch...get the 5 bar map and we'll REALLY tune it.

The drive home was slow cause i was tired. the car drives wonderful though. like a whole other car. I'm going out in a little bit to beat on it when i go home. Gotta reset my fuckin boost controller because of the settings got flashed out of it.

I know ill definatly be getting type r cams. as far as headwork, the valve train is built so thats done. it has a VERY mild port job on it, mainly made it smooth haha. Ill go ahead and get the new pressure plate soon, thats all it should need for 6-700whp. after that ill have to look into a twin disk. Id liek to see what i can get out of it with the 3 bar still and type r cams and fuel pump. But you never know. I might get the 5 bar, or maybe like a 3.5 bar.

Vteckidd
03-12-2006, 11:41 AM
i think the list should go like this:
Cams (itr or GSR, preferably ITR)
Fuel Pump
3.5bar

Ill talk to Don about getting you a head, might be able to work something out. Next stop 700whp

IntegraXTR
03-12-2006, 11:45 AM
great numbers :goodjob:

Seymour222
03-12-2006, 11:48 AM
Nice.

EP3sAreFun
03-12-2006, 12:13 PM
wow.... holy crap

93H22ACX
03-12-2006, 01:10 PM
you guys have a dyno with a dose of N20?

Vteckidd
03-12-2006, 01:42 PM
1) It made the numbers i thought it was, this was the FIRST SESSION OF TUNING. it made 622, im happy with that. If anyone thought we were going to strap it down and make 700whp, i would say that is being a little optimistic.

2) With stock cams and a stock head, im very happy.

3) The timing is everyones OPINION, but the fact is it NEVER detonated, and it NEVER got hot. People are hating because its not the "NORM", well we dont do that. Scotty fought me on the timing and what rpm to rev it to. Scott was NOT in favor of it, but i like to push the envelope. When we started seeing that it had top end flow problems, we opted to bump timing to see if we could get the numbers. It worked, i wanted to make 600+whp, and we did.

4) Scotty has tuned more cars than any of us can count. countless positive remarks, i would put him side by side with ED any day, he may not be as well versed in multiple EMS systems, but his tuning skills are rock solid.

5) The motor needs Cams and headwork. after that make the assessment if his powerband is "too laggy", i dont see it . We are talking 300-500rpm differences between his and other 600+ whp setups. and usually the other setups have cams and headwork, he does not.

6) The "personal" issues that you two (Danny and Spoolin) have are evident, and personally i dont care either way aout the drama you guys have. So be civil to each other

7) Our manifold can support 600whp, we have a 600whp car now, Uberdata tuned, scottytuned, and there is more left in it.

8) i agree with one thing you said danny, Uberdata is maxxed out, i also agree, we need to switch to a different EMS, this is where i wouls support Chrome or EMS or Hondata. Uberdata is DEFINETLY Maxxed out

BTLFED
03-12-2006, 02:05 PM
Man im tired of hearing that shit JOSH just exept the facts it didnt hit the numbers you guys tought it would, we can make excuses all day but the fact is you are running as much boost as everyone else and your car still couldnt make the numbers, the whole timing issue might be due to the UBERDATA just be a big boy and fork the money out and get a right EMS system. Im not saying this to start shit just pissed over all the excuses!!!

YEa JOsh remember all are cars are budget builds also, every single one of us actually have familes and kids and high ass house pymts we dont live at home with mommy or daddy, and we still save to buy the best shit get over it

PS you might wanna get a better tuner becasue that timing is going to blo your shit up!!! NO OFFENSE TO SCOTTY!!

Is this all you do? Talk shit about other people's setups? If you just want to talk shit how about you do it somewhere else? Your bullshit has no business being in this thread. :rolleyes:

Good job, Mike. Those numbers are impressive IMO. :goodjob:

93H22ACX
03-12-2006, 05:07 PM
5) The motor needs Cams and headwork. after that make the assessment if his powerband is "too laggy", i dont see it . We are talking 300-500rpm differences between his and other 600+ whp setups. and usually the other setups have cams and headwork, he does not.

300-500 is a huge factor when it comes to drag racing mike... and if you look at peter's 82a/r vs spoolin's 82a/r, there is alot more power per RPM in the low to mid range power.

I mean both mine and peter's setup make 200-250whp at 5000rpm....then at 6000rpm its close to 450whp on mine and 350whp on peters while spoolin's is 250whp....

i guess it doest matter if you guys are going to squeeze some juice....

B18c1Turboed
03-12-2006, 05:50 PM
Is this all you do? Talk shit about other people's setups? If you just want to talk shit how about you do it somewhere else? Your bullshit has no business being in this thread. :rolleyes:

Good job, Mike. Those numbers are impressive IMO. :goodjob:

Yup sure is so get over it!!! IA is full of bullshit so u can take that somewhere else also!!

Vteckidd
03-12-2006, 06:15 PM
Well i guess my point is everyone said Uberdata couldnt do 500whp, we did it.

everyone said 600whp couldnt be done, we did it.

everyone said our manifold wouldnt make the power, it did.

now its like "lets pick on the powerband cause it sucks"

you guys act like you never dynoed, realized somethign wasnt working, then came back and tried something new. Im happy with his FIRST DYNO. Im confident with ITR cams and a proper head it will spool faster and it will make much more power, if you dont think that, blame whatever you want.

Who would have thought that the day someone makes 600whp that would bring criticism. Constructive criticism is allowed, i have no problem with that, but outright shit talking just makes me laugh.

Bee your comparing apples to oranges. Peters head had Mickeys hand in it didnt it? what Cams was he running? if someone could do it, PLEASE overlay Spoolins graph with Peter, Bee, Alfonso, Danys, etc so we can all see it. i would love to for the sake of information exchange.

his setup is laggy, but we arent done with it yet. more numbers soon.

BlackEj6
03-12-2006, 06:41 PM
Good Shit

BTLFED
03-12-2006, 06:54 PM
Yup sure is so get over it!!! IA is full of bullshit so u can take that somewhere else also!!

Wow. You really are a hatin ass loser. I am really glad I am not you. I would probably kill myself.

Vteckidd
03-12-2006, 07:04 PM
Also we are cmoparing 10.1:1 motors with a 9.5:1 motor at the same boost. Spoolins will take more boost to make "identical " numbers. just something else to think about

BTEC
03-12-2006, 07:19 PM
Also we are cmoparing 10.1:1 motors with a 9.5:1 motor at the same boost. Spoolins will take more boost to make "identical " numbers. just something else to think about
also doesnt peter have a GSR head that is ported, a ported intake manifold and GSR cams? I think i saw those and some spec that was listed when they had the car posted for sale. Im impressed with spoolins car bc he kinda came out of the dark and made high ass numbers. Peter has the times and was the firdt one to do it but there is always somebody coming up after you to break records.

Im gonna kick both yawls asses with a unsleeved b16 so yawl can save the shit talking til after i hit the track. LOL!!1

Does nebody have a tubular manifold i borrow? :D

josh green
03-12-2006, 08:25 PM
I think that it is funny that I got called out by danny. I dont even have a turbo car. What I have posted is the truth. WE have chosen parts that are cheaper and are trying to do our thing, if you are scared of being beaten its too late he has already beaten any time you have ever run or even peter driving your car just so that you can qualify. We do not going around claiming that we are going to beat peter this year or any of you guys. Danny I love how you are always starting shit with us and we dont say a thing about either of you. You should take some personality lessons from your partners peter and bee, they are very nice guys and havent ever talked shit to us, and they have been nothing but helpful.
Give the kid a hand for the 2nd motor he has EVER built for making the power it does, So it needs some parts to help out the power band, its an easy fix. Its also very mature of you to get personal with him. Wow he lives with his parents... your point? I do as well. I sure as hell dont want to move out on my own to have that extra money go to some apartment that could have gone to his car or girlfriend. Spoolin works 3 jobs to support his habit AND goes to school, that right there is an achievement in its self.
Your comment on IA, is very funny. It is very much like a lot of the close minded, ungrateful gods gift to the world people that are there. I like a good bit of them but a lot are just ass hats that "know" about cars from just hearsay. As much as I have heard on IL about this place having a lot of drama, I think it is them that come here and make it to proclaim IL as the superior, more technical forum.

thats all I have to say for now other than k>B...

B18c1Turboed
03-12-2006, 09:58 PM
[QUOTE=josh green] if you are scared of being beaten its too late he has already beaten any time you have ever run or even peter driving your car just so that you can qualify. We do not going around claiming that we are going to beat peter this year or any of you guys. Danny I love how you are always starting shit with us and we dont say a thing about either of you. You should take some personality lessons from your partners peter and bee, they are very nice guys and havent ever talked shit to us, and they have been nothing but helpful. [QUOTE]

HAHA thats funny,Peter drove my car to drive it, I qualiffed myself so i dont know what u talking about. Yea i talk shit becasue you guys talk shit also what u dont think i have sources at mainstream that tell me the shit that is said, so yea i think its funny when you cliam you are going to beat me and make more HP then me then FAIL GREATLY. SO yea when you talk shit so do i. ALso me not helpful FUCKYOU who helped you guys when u needed tools becasue you guys didnt have any to fix Mats car, so who is not helpful?
Personality my ass, i got a great one toot he people i like and can stand!!!,

What you want great praises for something we have done already, you want peaises for being the first to run Uberdata and make high numbers? YOu want praises for have a top mount manifold? Well to bad!!

What matt has ran low 11s wow!! i Ran 11s last year so how is he beating me too it? SO fuck it im done with this topic we will see who runs better this year and faster!!! Oh and be able to pass inspection!!!

BTLFED yea i would kill yourself for driving that beat up crx that you tought was fast when it was turboed, oh yes i have meet you and know who you are,you personally have nothing to live for but IA so shoot yourself too!!!

anothaRRR
03-12-2006, 10:11 PM
everyone said our manifold wouldnt make the power, it did.

now its like "lets pick on the powerband cause it sucks"

if someone could do it, PLEASE overlay Spoolins graph with Peter, Bee, Alfonso, Danys, etc so we can all see it. i would love to for the sake of information exchange.

his setup is laggy, but we arent done with it yet. more numbers soon.
Who question the manifold, I actually thought it was pretty badass of you guys making one and it came out lookin good...Props to Turbodave for that.
The reason I said that about the powerband is because I would expect a little better from a t3 housing...Like silviadrifter said about mine, yeah mine was laggy but I was on a bigger t4 housing and with 9:1 compression and stock GSR stroke....I have my dyno with 26psi on a t4/60-1 here....Never did I sound negative, I just tried to help cause I learned it the hard way from trying to get better numbers from a turbo housing too big...But if you guys wanna take it as an insult more than some helpful hints then too bad, cause I never meant for it to be like that...
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wODk4MTYzNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

threehundred
03-12-2006, 10:39 PM
maybe I can take it for a spin??

silviadriftr
03-12-2006, 11:27 PM
[QUOTE=B18c1Turboed][QUOTE=josh green] if you are scared of being beaten its too late he has already beaten any time you have ever run or even peter driving your car just so that you can qualify. We do not going around claiming that we are going to beat peter this year or any of you guys. Danny I love how you are always starting shit with us and we dont say a thing about either of you. You should take some personality lessons from your partners peter and bee, they are very nice guys and havent ever talked shit to us, and they have been nothing but helpful. [QUOTE]

[QUOTE=B18c1Turboed]What you want great praises for something we have done already, you want peaises for being the first to run Uberdata and make high numbers? YOu want praises for have a top mount manifold? Well to bad!![QUOTE]

Just had a quick question, and don't take it the wrong way because I am not familiar with all these other setups that everyone has already done these numbers on. Has everyone been doing these numbers with the same setup Spoolin did? Were they running stock b16 cams and head? Who else has done these numbers with this setup?

§treet_§peed
03-12-2006, 11:30 PM
even still though, that is some bad ass shit for what they were working with. to get those numbers and still have a pretty good amount of stock shit on there. damn......

SPOOLIN
03-12-2006, 11:56 PM
All I can say is that reading all this bullcrap, is

A: My goal is not to have faster times than anybody because i could care less about who is faster than me lol. Ill go as fast as I can go with it which will be much faster anyways.

B: I CAN pass inspection. lol wherever that came from? I'm not racing NDRA anyways this year and will love watching the Supras AND veterans EAT UP that class.

C: This is the first tuning session. I will make more.

D: I dont expect praises or glory or claps from anyone about anything I do because I don't do what i do for recognition or fame or some bullshit temporary pride in winning some race. I do it to push what i can do for myself on my own without the help of anyone else as far as producing results goes.

E: I will switch to a different EMS, I will not take the numbers any higher on uberdata because of map sensor support.

F: I don't care what anyone else is building cause i know that people with even less power than i have are running high to mid 9's. It's called driver skill, get some seat time and achieve it. (not aimed at any person in particular before you start blowing you cock suckers) Trust me I won't be running 11's this year, I'm not even wasting my setup on the track until im satisfied that the bugs are worked out.

G: 30 degrees of timing will not blow up a motor running on race gas. And that isnt 30 degrees from TDC either, thats 30 degrees TOTAL TIMING from BASE.

H: I'm not making excuses about my power not meeting my previous goals thay may have been stated because i had to cut short on some stuff to get it rolling. I knew when i went for this tune that i wouldnt make 700hp. I have the stuff needed to meet that goal, just need a few more things to support it.

jackdaripper
03-13-2006, 12:07 AM
Great numbers... Now strap some nitrous on that bad boy and make 400 hp at 4k rpms. That should be quite a ride.

jackdaripper
03-13-2006, 12:10 AM
Plus at least your block isnt painted.

B18c1Turboed
03-13-2006, 06:40 AM
QUOTE]

Just had a quick question, and don't take it the wrong way because I am not familiar with all these other setups that everyone has already done these numbers on. Has everyone been doing these numbers with the same setup Spoolin did? Were they running stock b16 cams and head? Who else has done these numbers with this setup?[/QUOTE]

Well all of us run a stock head just as SPoolin,we have valve and retainers thats about it also, we usally run GSr or type r cams, i belive there was a right up on H-t a guys actually swapped gsr, b16 and type r cams even tought the type r cams helped alot, it only did like 20hp over the B16.

DISCLAIMER!! IM ONLY ANSERING HIS QUESTION,NOT STARTING SHIT!!!:2cents:

BABY J
03-13-2006, 08:05 AM
You know... I do not know NE1 on the forums (this forum)... in fact I have only met 2 guys face to face from IA, Mike being 1 of 'em. I'd like to think that I was "ahead of my time" in the import scene dreaming about custom mounts before there was a Place-Racing or a Hasport, boosting imports when there were no "kits" and no "b16 12 second recipes" like there are now. We did not have a lot of support then like we do now, but one thing that was better was the attitudes. Is this what the scene has come to? I mean for real... b/c if this internet gayness of bickering back and forth is the pinnacle of our scene then I'm fuckin' done. Seriously... there is ALWAYS somebody faster... ALWAYS. There is always somebody who can outdrive your ass no matter who you are, there is ALWAYS some1 who has more WHP, better ETs, a bigger cock.... Constructive criticism is always welcome, and I can tell that b18c1turboed is confident... no not knock on that, in fact, confidence is sexxi. But being cocky is another story, and we have enough "heat" from cops, the domestic community, and everyday life that would make me think I could come to this community and get nothing but decent tech advice, and a kool atmosphere to swap stories and share. There is no "destination" in this shit, it's all a journey. You can't spit at 622WHP like it's an underachiever. When you got companies like Full-Race losing a hatch on PINKS to a fuckin' NOBODY that tells you that there are many trials in this scene. There is enough room for us ALL to grow in this shit TOGETHER!! At the track, hell yeah it's for fuckin BLOOD... but on the FORUMS!!!??? I'm old school I guess... after I tap that ass at the track I'ma help you wrench on YOUR shit and tell you why you just got ya ass handed to ya. That's the way we did it back in the day. What the fuck happened?? The 1 mutha fucker on this forum that's unbeatable PM me and I'ma show you that you are. My point is there is no point in calling people out, or taking this shit personal. I am all about the competition, do not get me wrong. But no need in calling people out unless you wanna offer some help. Pouring water on a drowing man is just not kool IMO. SHUT THE FUCK UP AND LET YOUR RIDE DO THE TALKING! If you're fast there is no need to have an ego, b/c the word will get out once you run. Let your ride do the talking. There are 347WHP single cams running 11s so what YOU know and what YOUR setup may be doesn't even matter. There are many diff recipes to success... and there has not been a project in my stable that was perfect on its maiden "flight". And as decent as my rides are, there is always room for improvement. If you're not telling me how to go faster, or get there quicker, then STFU. Anybody can complain about how fucked up something is, but at least in the same breath offer some solutions. And in b18citurboed's defense he did offer those solutions, it wasn't in the most userfriendly way, but he did. LOL. And yall can call me "soft" and flame or whatever, but it's shit like this that sets us all back as a community. It seems that the bigger we get, the more we forget about the cats we USED to roll with... we forget how happy we were when we got that CAI on a bone-stock motor. ALWAYS remeber your humble beginnings... if you always remember your humble beginnings, you will never downtalk some1 else's success, even if it's a whole lot less than where you are now. My .02

Baby J

93H22ACX
03-13-2006, 08:20 AM
also doesnt peter have a GSR head that is ported, a ported intake manifold and GSR cams? I think i saw those and some spec that was listed when they had the car posted for sale. Im impressed with spoolins car bc he kinda came out of the dark and made high ass numbers. Peter has the times and was the firdt one to do it but there is always somebody coming up after you to break records.

Im gonna kick both yawls asses with a unsleeved b16 so yawl can save the shit talking til after i hit the track. LOL!!1

Does nebody have a tubular manifold i borrow? :D

yes he does...but, his setup now and before had stock heads... regardless, ported and unported it made 630whp with both 1.8L to a 2.0L at 28-29psi.

mike... i know what you're saying about the compression ratio.... but some guys with lower compression than 10:1 are actually making more power in their setup.....

....we're just wondering why it spools so much later.... thats all

silviadriftr
03-13-2006, 08:48 AM
QUOTE]

Just had a quick question, and don't take it the wrong way because I am not familiar with all these other setups that everyone has already done these numbers on. Has everyone been doing these numbers with the same setup Spoolin did? Were they running stock b16 cams and head? Who else has done these numbers with this setup?

Well all of us run a stock head just as SPoolin,we have valve and retainers thats about it also, we usally run GSr or type r cams, i belive there was a right up on H-t a guys actually swapped gsr, b16 and type r cams even tought the type r cams helped alot, it only did like 20hp over the B16.

DISCLAIMER!! IM ONLY ANSERING HIS QUESTION,NOT STARTING SHIT!!!:2cents:[/QUOTE]

So are most of the guys running b16 heads or something different? The reason I ask is it seems I've seen somewhere that the b18 head flows better in stock form. Also, you said valves and springs. Did you mean retainers or are people running aftermarket valves with 5 angle valve jobs( just an example)? Just trying to make a detailed comparison. Thanks

B18c1Turboed
03-13-2006, 08:51 AM

DISCLAIMER!! IM ONLY ANSERING HIS QUESTION,NOT STARTING SHIT!!!:2cents:

So are most of the guys running b16 heads or something different? The reason I ask is it seems I've seen somewhere that the b18 head flows better in stock form. Also, you said valves and springs. Did you mean retainers or are people running aftermarket valves with 5 angle valve jobs( just an example)? Just trying to make a detailed comparison. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Yea most of us have Gsr heads,i meant springs and retainers,last year i ran a completley stock head, i had no springs or retainers added,it was completley stock! I will find you the link where they compare them so you can read up on the diffrent heads and how they flow,but a b16 flows almost the same!

BTEC
03-13-2006, 09:04 AM
yes he does...but, his setup now and before had stock heads... regardless, ported and unported it made 630whp with both 1.8L to a 2.0L at 28-29psi.

mike... i know what you're saying about the compression ratio.... but some guys with lower compression than 10:1 are actually making more power in their setup.....

....we're just wondering why it spools so much later.... thats all
I think that would be a timing issue but im not a master tuner yet so i cant say for sure. Ive been messing around with CROME doing some ghetto street tuning on my ride and my turbo wouldnt come in til late and just changing timing im getting to my full 5lbs (hold on shawty!!) at like 4K instead of 6K like b4. I can prolly make it come in earlier but im taking it slow so i dnt blow my shit up, NAH MEAN!!

99SI
03-13-2006, 09:27 AM
This can be a very good thread as long as it is kept civil and about cars/setups. Personal attacks need to be left in the whorselounge. I have no horse in this race, I'm a wee little NA b16. I do, however, enjoy learning about all aspects of cars (H in particular) so it is always fun to see big horsepower. I would think that Spoolins car would make more power earlier as well. He has the equipment and there is obviously room for improvement. I think that with a few more parts and some additional tuning the numbers will only go up from here. Congratulations to Spoolin, Turbo Dave, Mainstream Performance, and Scotty for some awesome work and going against the odds to make a great setup in a fairly short amount of time. A+ all the way around. The real test will be on the track not the dyno so any criticism at this point is premature. Good luck to all involved. As Mainstream's mantra says, "Make Power Not Excuses."

BTEC
03-13-2006, 09:36 AM
This can be a very good thread as long as it is kept civil and about cars/setups. Personal attacks need to be left in the whorselounge. I have no horse in this race, I'm a wee little NA b16. I do, however, enjoy learning about all aspects of cars (H in particular) so it is always fun to see big horsepower. I would think that Spoolins car would make more power earlier as well. He has the equipment and there is obviously room for improvement. I think that with a few more parts and some additional tuning the numbers will only go up from here. Congratulations to Spoolin, Turbo Dave, Mainstream Performance, and Scotty for some awesome work and going against the odds to make a great setup in a fairly short amount of time. A+ all the way around. The real test will be on the track not the dyno so any criticism at this point is premature. Good luck to all involved. As Mainstream's mantra says, "Make Power Not Excuses."
thats the same mtr im running and im gonna kick all their asses on the track. LOL!! Well said though, i give props to MSPi, Dave, and Spoolin for buliding his own mtr and it still running. lol!!! Well see what happens soon i hope, go or blow bitch!!

B18c1Turboed
03-13-2006, 09:46 AM
The dyno chart comp between b16 and gsr cams
http://www.evans-tuning.com/dynos/b16avsgsrcams.jpg
*Dotted lines represent engine set-up with b16a cams, solid lines represent engine set-up with gsr cams

the specs on car
I finally got the opportunity to do a dyno comparision between b16a and gsr cams for boost. The test was performed on a ls/vtec with stock b16a head and ls engine, aebs intake manifold and Full Race turbo kit using a gt30r. No boost controller was used, wastegate spring was 9lbs. No other changes were made to the set-up between each comparision. Both sets of cams were degree'd with FR cam gears to make the largest power gain possible, along with a/f set at 11.8:1 under boost with no ignition timing changes (when intake cam was moved, distributor was reset to 16 degrees BTDC each time

BTEC
03-13-2006, 09:51 AM
The dyno chart comp between b16 and gsr cams
http://www.evans-tuning.com/dynos/b16avsgsrcams.jpg
*Dotted lines represent engine set-up with b16a cams, solid lines represent engine set-up with gsr cams

the specs on car
I finally got the opportunity to do a dyno comparision between b16a and gsr cams for boost. The test was performed on a ls/vtec with stock b16a head and ls engine, aebs intake manifold and Full Race turbo kit using a gt30r. No boost controller was used, wastegate spring was 9lbs. No other changes were made to the set-up between each comparision. Both sets of cams were degree'd with FR cam gears to make the largest power gain possible, along with a/f set at 11.8:1 under boost with no ignition timing changes (when intake cam was moved, distributor was reset to 16 degrees BTDC each time
:goodjob: Nice write up, ive always wondered what the real difference was. Now we need one with type r cams.

B18c1Turboed
03-13-2006, 09:52 AM
And if you look at the comparrison of the b16 cams and Gsr there almost the same
http://www.angelfire.com/az3/hondawagon/B16Aspecs.html

so as i stated in a earlier comment the Gsr cams are good for about 20hp

B18c1Turboed
03-13-2006, 10:00 AM
GSR vs Type R

http://is.rely.net/1-71-37478-l-38onLVLeo2yNBW5IbiI3A.jpg
GSR (red)
R (blue)

BTEC
03-13-2006, 10:02 AM
GSR vs Type R

GSR (red)
R (blue)
i dnt know y but the firewall is block the gsr vs type r. Sucks!!
somebody summarize whats the outcome.

B18c1Turboed
03-13-2006, 10:04 AM
i dnt know y but the firewall is block the gsr vs type r. Sucks!!
somebody summarize whats the outcome.

here you go
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1417187

Keep in mind that they did somwe other changes also so that dyno is 100% accurate!!

anothaRRR
03-13-2006, 10:14 AM
Shit, I have a extra set of ITR cams...Uhm I may throw them on and see what they do...

SPOOLIN
03-13-2006, 10:31 AM
well i stated im not looking to really hit 700, but yeah the 20 whp difference with the gsr cams aint much but look at the torque increase in the midrange and the horspower midrange, that shit picked up a WHOLE LOT.

Vteckidd
03-13-2006, 11:25 AM
GSR vs Type R

GSR (red)
R (blue)
go read MASE's writeup. Car made almost 100whp by switching from gsr cams and a skunk2 manifold to ITR cams and aJG. Boostfed made 37whp by switching from B16 to ITR cams.

every motor is different.

BABY J
03-13-2006, 12:20 PM
go read MASE's writeup. Car made almost 100whp by switching from gsr cams and a skunk2 manifold to ITR cams and aJG. Boostfed made 37whp by switching from B16 to ITR cams.

every motor is different.

Yeah, just keep in mind though that the S2 i-mani really makes power from about 7k - 10k RPMS. Hey SPOOLIN, are you spinning your motor that high??

Vteckidd
03-13-2006, 01:41 PM
I just got off the phone with Charles, and there is something going on that no one realizes. We are comparing Spoolins 3rd gear dyno pull against everyone elses 4th gear pulls.

Heres something to CHEW ON:
We opted to do a 4th gear pull towards the end but his clutch gave out an slipped. here is the half pull, you can see how much quicker it spools VS his 622 3rd gear pull-
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/Vteckidd/4thvs3rd.jpg

Now for comparison, here is his 2.0L motor vs Peters DYNO DAY 4th gear pull 1.8l, UP crew correct me if i am wrong, but it should be same turbo similar setup vs 2.0l.
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c21/Vteckidd/SpoolinvsPeter.jpg

you can see how much sooner it spools with the 4th gear pull. Im not trying to say that we are gunning for peter or anyone else, and i realize this is Peters DAILY DRIVEN motor. its not his all out race motor. But lets take the different gears into consideration.

silviadriftr
03-13-2006, 01:52 PM
I just got off the phone with Charles, and there is something going on that no one realizes. We are comparing Spoolins 3rd gear dyno pull against everyone elses 4th gear pulls.

Heres something to CHEW ON:
We opted to do a 4th gear pull towards the end but his clutch gave out an slipped.

DAMN, I can't believe I forgot about that!!!!!! :doh:

BTEC
03-13-2006, 01:55 PM
good job on the research MIKE JAWNZ!!

silviadrftr quick acting like u knew that. LOL!!!

anothaRRR
03-13-2006, 01:58 PM
That does look alot better...That was the thing I was referring to, and everybody took offense to it...Only question is why 3rd gear and not 4th gear from the beginning, I have always done 4th gear pulls and from what I remember so has everybody I know....

silviadriftr
03-13-2006, 01:58 PM
good job on the research MIKE JAWNZ!!

silviadrftr quick acting like u knew that. LOL!!!

Been sniffing too many fumes from the plasma cutter at the shop. GOTTA FIT THEM 29's DUDE!!!!!!!

BTEC
03-13-2006, 02:00 PM
Been sniffing too many fumes from the plasma cutter at the shop. GOTTA FIT THEM 29's DUDE!!!!!!!
DUB CITY aint even ready for them 29's!! :eek:
lol!!

Vteckidd
03-13-2006, 02:01 PM
That does look alot better...That was the thing I was referring to, and everybody took offense to it...Only question is why 3rd gear and not 4th gear from the beginning, I have always done 4th gear pulls and from what I remember so has everybody I know....

4th wouldnt hold it slipped and with the timing we were running, we didnt want to do a long extended 4th gear pull. he has no EGT gauge

BTEC
03-13-2006, 02:09 PM
4th wouldnt hold it slipped and with the timing we were running, we didnt want to do a long extended 4th gear pull. he has no EGT gauge
EGT is the alternative to a wideband. Need to monitor knock sendor voltage closely when u make changes to timing. I got a ghetto way to monitor it but i dnt know if it works or not.

nebody got a car i can test it out on? lol!!!!

silviadriftr
03-13-2006, 02:11 PM
EGT is the alternative to a wideband. Need to monitor knock sendor voltage closely when u make changes to timing. I got a ghetto way to monitor it but i dnt know if it works or not.

What? Run it up till it blows and then say after the motor is a melted assembly of metal, See, this is how much timing you can safely run. LOL!!!!!!!! :)

BABY J
03-13-2006, 02:15 PM

I will volunteer a ride for you...

http://www.importatlanta.com/upload/files/108/WRECK.JPG

Let me know if you think you can tune it... I need it corner-weighted too to dial in the suspension as well. I can go by 4 Wal-Mart bathroom scales that you can use.

Baby J

silviadriftr
03-13-2006, 02:33 PM

Let me know if you think you can tune it... I need it corner-weighted too to dial in the suspension as well. I can go by 4 Wal-Mart bathroom scales that you can use.

Baby J

Talk about being aerodynamically challenged. You may find the car is a little right side heavy when you corner weight it!!!!!LOL...

B18c1Turboed
03-13-2006, 02:37 PM
PER MIKE:
Now for comparison, here is his 2.0L motor vs Peters DYNO DAY 4th gear pull 1.8l, UP crew correct me if i am wrong, but it should be same turbo similar setup vs 2.0l.

Ok on the white car peter is Running the HO turbo which is known to be laggier than the regular t3/t67. And not they wouldnt be the same peter is running a 1.8 vs a 2.0 how is that the same? I know the comp housing Matt is running is a 0.82a/r that dont make it a HO turbo, just my opnion!!

silviadriftr
03-13-2006, 03:01 PM
PER MIKE:

Ok on the white car peter is Running the HO turbo which is known to be laggier than the regular t3/t67. And not they wouldnt be the same peter is running a 1.8 vs a 2.0 how is that the same? I know the comp housing Matt is running is a 0.82a/r that dont make it a HO turbo, just my opnion!!

Are you saying that Matt's car would not have made more power sooner in a 4th gear pull? I see the difference in the setups and the diffence in the turbo's that you describe but also was under the impression that a 4th gear pull is where the most power can be made thats why most people do a 4th gear pull instead of a third gear.

SPOOLIN
03-13-2006, 03:08 PM
PER MIKE:

THERE IS ONLY 1 Difference between my turbo and the H.O. and its the p trim wheel which correct me if i am wrong usually is a slightly laggier wheel.

BTEC
03-13-2006, 03:14 PM

Baby J
i dnt tune suspension but if i did, those scales are perfect. i used tohe digital ones on my car. LOL!!!!

BABY J
03-13-2006, 03:19 PM
Are you saying that Matt's car would not have made more power sooner in a 4th gear pull? I see the difference in the setups and the diffence in the turbo's that you describe but also was under the impression that a 4th gear pull is where the most power can be made thats why most people do a 4th gear pull instead of a third gear.

As taken from:

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/e...c_technobabble/ (http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/e...c_technobabble/)

PS: you can also look here: http://www.bristoldyno.com/info/procedure.htm (http://www.bristoldyno.com/info/procedure.htm)

Different Gears
Back in the May, 1998 Technobabble, I dyno tested a Sentra SE-R in every different gear. Second, third and fourth were very similar, but first and fifth were quite a bit lower. Testing a car in either first or fifth is a little odd, and would probably be noticed by the car owner if they were observing the test. The differences are much more significant on a turbocharged car, though, as the higher gears slow the engine's acceleration and allow the turbo to spool up earlier and stronger. If you do a second gear pull with a turbocharged car, the engine will often outrun the turbo--by the time the turbo is spinning fast enough to make boost at 3000 rpm, for example, the engine will already be going 4000 rpm; by the time the turbo is fast enough for 4000, the engine is at 5000.

This is why turbocharged cars feel so strong in higher gears when pulling up a hill, or whenever they are heavily loaded. If you compare a turbocharged pull made in second gear to a pull made in fourth, the fourth gear run will almost always be stronger. We typically dyno naturally aspirated cars in third gear, and turbocharged cars in fourth. Another difference that can occur with gearing comes when there is a 1:1 gear ratio available. Most rear-wheel drive gearboxes will have a gear that is 1:1--typically this is fourth gear, but in six-speed gearboxes it is often fifth. In the 1:1 gear in many gearboxes, power is not actually transferred through a gearset; the input and output shafts are just locked together. This eliminates the losses through the gear teeth, and results in a higher power output in that gear.

Vteckidd
03-13-2006, 03:26 PM
PER MIKE:

see what i bolded ;)

Peters was a 1.8l with stock head, im not sure on camshafts, rods and pistons, and a similar manifold and turbo.

i was merely comparing POWERBAND, not peak whp. What i was saying was that if we show a 4th gear pull vs peters 4th gear pull, we see that it was spooling FASTER than peters, and was on par to make ALOT more power than what peter made THAT DAY. and i would expect so, Spoolins is a 2.0l and peters was a 1.8l. I would like to see peters 700+whp dyno out of his 2.0l graphed over Spoolins , that would give us a great comparison of gear vs gear and spool vs spool.

Peters is the only B series 600whp dyno i have to compare against, thats why i used it. im just saying the "laggy " powerband argument is based on incorrect data. When i post the 4th gear pull from spoolin vs his 622whp 3rd gear pull and peters 4th gear pull , it is evident that we were comparing apples to oranges.

had his clutch held, it would have made 630-650 i bet money on it. that would have been a better powerband and the spool would have been faster, which is evident.

silviadriftr
03-13-2006, 03:40 PM
As taken from:

http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/e...c_technobabble/ (http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/e...c_technobabble/)

PS: you can also look here: http://www.bristoldyno.com/info/procedure.htm (http://www.bristoldyno.com/info/procedure.htm)

Different Gears
Back in the May, 1998 Technobabble, I dyno tested a Sentra SE-R in every different gear. Second, third and fourth were very similar, but first and fifth were quite a bit lower. Testing a car in either first or fifth is a little odd, and would probably be noticed by the car owner if they were observing the test. The differences are much more significant on a turbocharged car, though, as the higher gears slow the engine's acceleration and allow the turbo to spool up earlier and stronger. If you do a second gear pull with a turbocharged car, the engine will often outrun the turbo--by the time the turbo is spinning fast enough to make boost at 3000 rpm, for example, the engine will already be going 4000 rpm; by the time the turbo is fast enough for 4000, the engine is at 5000.

This is why turbocharged cars feel so strong in higher gears when pulling up a hill, or whenever they are heavily loaded. If you compare a turbocharged pull made in second gear to a pull made in fourth, the fourth gear run will almost always be stronger. We typically dyno naturally aspirated cars in third gear, and turbocharged cars in fourth. Another difference that can occur with gearing comes when there is a 1:1 gear ratio available. Most rear-wheel drive gearboxes will have a gear that is 1:1--typically this is fourth gear, but in six-speed gearboxes it is often fifth. In the 1:1 gear in many gearboxes, power is not actually transferred through a gearset; the input and output shafts are just locked together. This eliminates the losses through the gear teeth, and results in a higher power output in that gear.

I have seen this article before but was asking if he thought it would not make a difference? I always thought that 4th gear in the transmissions were the closest you could get to a 1:1 gear ratio. thanks for the info though, it was a good article.

B18c1Turboed
03-13-2006, 03:53 PM
Here is my dyno graph with the exact same turbo spoolin is runnig..Oh and mine was a 1.8 still also, on 20psi

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wOTIxMjI0NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

SPOOLIN
03-13-2006, 04:14 PM
I didnt want to make over 500 on 20 psi, i didnt even try. I stopped on pump at 470 20psi. also its a .82 and you have the .63 on that graph. That was your 2.0L benson sleeved build. I clearly recall you selling the 81mm and getting the 84mm CP pistons that you posted a picture of in your hand. You also told me in person it was a 2.0L. Im not saying im not wrong though, just recollecting from past times.

Damn mike that 4th gear graph changes EVERYTHING about what everyone was saying. I need to get that pimp pressure plate so i can get some 4th runs. The clutch can handle that shit, up to 700. It makes 450 at 6500 rpm verses 350 at 6500 rpm on the 3rd gear pull. haha.

josh green
03-13-2006, 06:07 PM
Here is my dyno graph with the exact same turbo spoolin is runnig..Oh and mine was a 1.8 still also, on 20psi

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wOTIxMjI0NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg
just wandering what correction factor that graph is in, sae 1-5, std?

SPOOLIN
03-13-2006, 06:17 PM
its SAE and it looks like #3

BTLFED
03-13-2006, 07:14 PM
BTLFED yea i would kill yourself for driving that beat up crx that you tought was fast when it was turboed, oh yes i have meet you and know who you are,you personally have nothing to live for but IA so shoot yourself too!!!

Oh I know I have met you in person, but you also weren't being an ass like this in person either. I just don't understand why you seem to take every opportunity to just talk shit?

And I dunno where you got that my CRX is "beat up." And it was fast for what it was. I never claimed it to be the fastest thing on earth, and I never made outlandish claims that I knew it would never do. You can talk shit all you want about it, but the fact remains that I didn't build it to be the fastest thing around here. If I was going to build something ridiculous like that it wouldn't be a Honda.

Vteckidd
03-13-2006, 07:32 PM
Oh I know I have met you in person, but you also weren't being an ass like this in person either. I just don't understand why you seem to take every opportunity to just talk shit?

And I dunno where you got that my CRX is "beat up." And it was fast for what it was. I never claimed it to be the fastest thing on earth, and I never made outlandish claims that I knew it would never do. You can talk shit all you want about it, but the fact remains that I didn't build it to be the fastest thing around here. If I was going to build something ridiculous like that it wouldn't be a Honda.
the question is:
was it faster than what danny was driving 8 years ago? :eek: :D

93H22ACX
03-14-2006, 06:47 AM
here's one of the lower hp dyno i could find on peter's.. the 731 is on MPH so u wont be able to compare.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d151/93H22ACX/731rpm.jpg

BTLFED
03-14-2006, 06:44 PM
the question is:
was it faster than what danny was driving 8 years ago? :eek: :D

I don't even know what he drove 8 years ago hahaha

Jdm94Coupe
03-15-2006, 11:07 AM
you would think that all us honda ppl would stick together and focus on the ppl saying hondas cant make power, hondas cant be fast......and the ppl that call anything with vtec rice.....

-twan

Big Baller
03-15-2006, 12:42 PM
here's one of the lower hp dyno i could find on peter's.. the 731 is on MPH so u wont be able to compare.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d151/93H22ACX/731rpm.jpg

That dyno isnt in MPH its in RPMs

99SI
03-15-2006, 03:41 PM
That's also not the 731whp dyno either. Go back and reread. The other dyno where it made a little more is in MPH therefore IT wouldn't be a comparison. This dyno is in RPM's therefore a comparison can be made.

93H22ACX
03-15-2006, 04:46 PM
That's also not the 721whp dyno either. Go back and reread. The other dyno where it made a little more is in MPH therefore IT wouldn't be a comparison. This dyno is in RPM's therefore a comparison can be made.

:goodjob:

i'll try to get one of his real old setup.... with the regular 67 with the 63a/r....if needed LOL

v8killr
03-20-2006, 07:50 PM
all weaksause...another civic will soon be up and representing. :king:

just f-ing with ya...nice numbers. i think anything over 600whp is nice. 800+ is really NICE. :cool:

v8killr
03-20-2006, 07:55 PM
also 9.5:1 VS 10:1 is :jerkit:

thats nothing to argue about. i think if you plan on keeping that motor for any length of period you need to upgrade your rods, fuel pump, and more parts probably.

good luck this season...cant wait until racing starts. :D

Vteckidd
03-20-2006, 07:58 PM
9.5:1 vs 10:1 is a big deal in power at 30psi, sorry man

v8killr
03-20-2006, 08:14 PM
9.5:1 vs 10:1 is a big deal in power at 30psi, sorry man

show me how much difference

like 200rpm? lol :rly:

maybe 20-30hp

also ill start a debate about your head...it is NOT stock man...by any means.

SPOOLIN
03-20-2006, 10:49 PM
you talking about my head, im lost. my head flow wise is stock.

Compression thing has never really jumped at me either. ive never seen pure results from jumping to 10:1 from 9.0:1

I'm changing things out this week, We'll see what happens.

PSINXS
03-20-2006, 10:52 PM
props to msp and TD. spoolin u doint it big man. big ups to you on the real.

Vteckidd
03-20-2006, 11:08 PM
yeah i would say its a 30-40whp difference from a 9.5:1 motor vs a 10:1 motor all things being equal.

seen it happen. 1.6L 9:1 motors take 18PSI to make 300whp, when another 1.6l at 10:1 takes 14psi to make 300whp. same turbos, same manifold, same exhaust, etc.

lower compression means MORE boost to make the SAME power as a higher compression motor, thats common knowledge.

The head Spoolin has is STOCK, and id love to see why you think its not. BTW who are you again?

Vteckidd
03-20-2006, 11:11 PM
also 9.5:1 VS 10:1 is :jerkit:

thats nothing to argue about. i think if you plan on keeping that motor for any length of period you need to upgrade your rods, fuel pump, and more parts probably.

good luck this season...cant wait until racing starts. :D
so whay arent his eagle rods good enough?

His tune is fine with the fuel ump he has now, but for MORE power he needs a another walbro. look at the a/f ratios, they never lean out, but they would start to if he ran more boost.

the rest of his parts are fine, sleeved block, our manifold, forged rods an pistons. it can handle 800whp if he had the turbo to make the power.

SPOOLIN
03-21-2006, 12:22 PM
yeah i would say its a 30-40whp difference from a 9.5:1 motor vs a 10:1 motor all things being equal.

seen it happen. 1.6L 9:1 motors take 18PSI to make 300whp, when another 1.6l at 10:1 takes 14psi to make 300whp. same turbos, same manifold, same exhaust, etc.

lower compression means MORE boost to make the SAME power as a higher compression motor, thats common knowledge.

The head Spoolin has is NOT STOCK, and id love to see why you think its not. BTW who are you again?

i think you meant "the head spoolin has IS STOCK" haha

The casting is stock with no real port or polishing or valve work. The only thing not stock is the Rocket Valve Springs and retainers. I even have stock cam gears now, sold those worthless t00ls.

Vteckidd
03-21-2006, 12:36 PM
yeah thats what i meant, its STOCK

v8killr
03-21-2006, 06:46 PM
i think you meant "the head spoolin has IS STOCK" haha

The casting is stock with no real port or polishing or valve work. The only thing not stock is the Rocket Valve Springs and retainers. I even have stock cam gears now, sold those worthless t00ls.

so basically it is NOT stock correct man? lol. you just stated that yourself in your post.

i have stock cam gears as well...you dont need aftermarket cam gears to achieve 800+whp.

Vteckidd
03-21-2006, 07:29 PM
If you want to split hairs, thats fine.

ill clarify, UNPORTED HEAD

Vteckidd
03-21-2006, 07:29 PM
Motor specs:
84mm Golden Eagle Sleeves
JE 9.5:1 Pistons
Eagle Rods
JG Edelbrock manifold
1000cc injectors
Walbro 255
B16 CAMS
STOCK HEAD
Rocket Motorsports Gen1 Turbo Valvesprings and Retainers
MSPi/Turbo Dave Custom Top Mount Turbo Manifold
T3/T67 .83 A/R
Tial 38mm Wastegate
HKS SSQ BOV
Uberdata

in case you didnt read it on my first post.

BABY J
03-22-2006, 06:03 AM
Well that SHOULD have been common knowledge. Who spins 600+ WHP pulls w/ stock retainers and valves?? Even if you were gonna pull to head to freshen then up w/ OEM parts, common sense would kick in and most tuners would opt for some Supertechs (which in my opinion are at the top of the game right now) or something other than OEM, and some aftermarket springs/retainers. And yeah you don't need aftermarket cam gears to get 800 wheel, but shit he's running stock b16 cams. Most he'd get by dialing in the factory cams is 5HP, and the magic formula for that is (roughly) -2i, -2e (plus +4 deg timing). But the timing equation goes out of the window due to elevated boost levels.

v8killr
03-22-2006, 09:22 PM
ill see 800+wph on stock gsr cams/camgears. if he thinks he will have that much trouble on b16 cams then he shouldve got some gsr or ctr/itr cams at least.

Vteckidd
03-22-2006, 10:31 PM
so your claiming 800whp? pics of the build please.

no offense but its easy to E Dyno. Some people dont have piles of cash. Spoolin did what he could , he spent the money where it counted :
Sleeved Block
Springs and Retainers
Rods/Pistons
Turbo
Manifold
Downpipe
Injectors

Cams take 30 min to swap out, he didnt have the extra money to pick up ITR cams, so he opted to dyno with what he had.

Fact is he made 622whp with a 3rd gear pull. if his 4th gear pull held, clearly, you can see it would have made 650ish.

We will redyno his VERY soon with the new cams. hes still in the top 5 in the state at this point IMO.

BABY J
03-22-2006, 11:40 PM
ill see 800+wph on stock gsr cams/camgears. if he thinks he will have that much trouble on b16 cams then he shouldve got some gsr or ctr/itr cams at least.

NOW you are talking about cams/camgears when your orig argument was the head. Are you SERIOUS or do you just want to hear yourself talk? I really wanted to address the issue of the stock head w/ you which is why I said:

"Who spins 600+ WHP pulls w/ stock retainers and valves?? Even if you were gonna pull to head to freshen then up w/ OEM parts, common sense would kick in and most tuners would opt for some Supertechs (which in my opinion are at the top of the game right now) or something other than OEM, and some aftermarket springs/retainers."

I only threw in the cam/cam-gear comment b/c you mentioned it, and yes I even agreed w/ you when I said who REALLY cares about cam gears... if cam gears is keeping you from 800 wheel then you got more probs than cam gears. But I am really wondering what your big gripe/concern point is? It seems you just wanna keep some sh*t up, or just are here for the sake of arguing. What's the deal? This is not a rhetorical question, answer it! Not for the sake of fighting I am just following the thread and am trying to figure out your angle, that's all. Also NE1 who has seen my posts knows I am not one for this internet gayness of back and forth crap. And I am not knocking your project that's in progress, but this IS the net, and every1 I know "is getting" n20 and "is getting" a turbo and "is building" this and that. That's kool, just b/c I have 2 finished projects doesn't mean I was never at the "is building" stage... hell in fact I am building a 3rd as we speak. But unless you're posting some pics, or backing up your claims, or offering some solid tech/tuning advice, or at LEAST NOT being a hater on other people's projects then seriously you are just jacking the thread. EVERY1 knows there are hotter OEM cams than stock B16 cams, EVERY1 knows that Uber has limitiations (EVERY aftermarket box does by the way... pick your poison), EVERY1 knows that there are stronger B series' out there than 622 wheel. So what is your deal Bro?

Cams take 30 min to swap out, he didnt have the extra money to pick up ITR cams, so he opted to dyno with what he had.

Fact is he made 622whp with a 3rd gear pull. if his 4th gear pull held, clearly, you can see it would have made 650ish.

We will redyno his VERY soon with the new cams. hes still in the top 5 in the state at this point IMO.

Mike you do not have to "back up" spoolins progress man. Seriously, it is a DAMN good start, and like he says he is still dialing in the tune and the hard parts. It's a work in progress. I think most can agree that he's not gonna run 9:90s as it sits, but he is not done wrenching and tuning. Don't rush it, you have nothing to prove here... not on the net NEway. That time will come later. My .02

Vteckidd
03-22-2006, 11:59 PM
thanks for the support man!

BTLFED
03-23-2006, 04:51 PM
NOW you are talking about cams/camgears when your orig argument was the head. Are you SERIOUS or do you just want to hear yourself talk? I really wanted to address the issue of the stock head w/ you which is why I said:

"Who spins 600+ WHP pulls w/ stock retainers and valves?? Even if you were gonna pull to head to freshen then up w/ OEM parts, common sense would kick in and most tuners would opt for some Supertechs (which in my opinion are at the top of the game right now) or something other than OEM, and some aftermarket springs/retainers."

I only threw in the cam/cam-gear comment b/c you mentioned it, and yes I even agreed w/ you when I said who REALLY cares about cam gears... if cam gears is keeping you from 800 wheel then you got more probs than cam gears. But I am really wondering what your big gripe/concern point is? It seems you just wanna keep some sh*t up, or just are here for the sake of arguing. What's the deal? This is not a rhetorical question, answer it! Not for the sake of fighting I am just following the thread and am trying to figure out your angle, that's all. Also NE1 who has seen my posts knows I am not one for this internet gayness of back and forth crap. And I am not knocking your project that's in progress, but this IS the net, and every1 I know "is getting" n20 and "is getting" a turbo and "is building" this and that. That's kool, just b/c I have 2 finished projects doesn't mean I was never at the "is building" stage... hell in fact I am building a 3rd as we speak. But unless you're posting some pics, or backing up your claims, or offering some solid tech/tuning advice, or at LEAST NOT being a hater on other people's projects then seriously you are just jacking the thread. EVERY1 knows there are hotter OEM cams than stock B16 cams, EVERY1 knows that Uber has limitiations (EVERY aftermarket box does by the way... pick your poison), EVERY1 knows that there are stronger B series' out there than 622 wheel. So what is your deal Bro?

Mike you do not have to "back up" spoolins progress man. Seriously, it is a DAMN good start, and like he says he is still dialing in the tune and the hard parts. It's a work in progress. I think most can agree that he's not gonna run 9:90s as it sits, but he is not done wrenching and tuning. Don't rush it, you have nothing to prove here... not on the net NEway. That time will come later. My .02

I agree totally, and notice this "V8killr" guy is saying 700+ in his sig, but saying 800+ in his posts? Sounds like a hatin ass bench racer just arguing to make his e-penis grow. :rolleyes:

iloveboost
03-23-2006, 05:37 PM
Not to start an arguement and I'm not taking sides, but V8Killr doesn't have a bench racer setup. As with all big builds, they take time.

However, Spoolin's numbers are very impressive no matter how you look at it. He only has room to grow and make bigger numbers.

v8killr's build:
http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?t=37469

BTLFED
03-23-2006, 05:44 PM
Not to start an arguement and I'm not taking sides, but V8Killr doesn't have a bench racer setup. As with all big builds, they take time.

However, Spoolin's numbers are very impressive no matter how you look at it. He only has room to grow and make bigger numbers.

v8killr's build:

Looks cool, but I would NEVER run an oil line between the timing belt and the block. Way too risky IMO.

BABY J
03-23-2006, 05:47 PM

v8killr's build:

Of course they do take time. I am not taking sides here either... it just seemed that he was being nit-picky and not really stating what his REAL point was/is. Of course builds take time... if not then we'd all be knockin on 4-digit crank HP #s. I just do not like to see people try to downplay some1 else's setup. I have the highest whp non-sponsored N/A Spec V (QR25DE) in the nation right now (that I know of) and that did not happen overnight, so I know the dedication it takes to go big or take the path less traveled on a build. I am just tryna wonder why rather than give props and CONSTRUCTIVE criticism that people are always on the attack. Getting hard parts and getting some1 to wrench is easy... any1 who has done anything more than a mild build knows that TUNING is the hard part... THAT'S where the spec sheet meets the concrete... and that's where you start not sleeping at night and "earn ya paycheck" as I call it. I hate to sound cliche, but basically if you don't have nothing nice to say then kinda just watch from the sidelines and kool out ya know?? I'm the 1st guy to help w/ some1 else's project... I have never been a hater. But I guess I am one of the ones who needs to shut up and let the haters hate. Like you I got nothing at stake here from either side... I do what I do and I let other people do what they do... I jst hate to see people get sh*t on for no reason.

--> v8killr is this your 1st big build?? (not calling you out I am just asking). I ask this b/c of your piston choice. IMO you can't show me a better engineered and finished piston than CP... you made a good choice based on quality. But for the pricepoint I say you went extreme (to each his own). If you have never burned out a piston (not to mention a CP) then trust me when I say it HURTS to replace 'em ($). :) If you're gonna race as hard as a 800HP build should be ran then your gonna be freshening up rings once a year, and a complete rebuild once a year (on average). Tossing in CPs is gonna eat away at your funding... what is your opinion on that? (before you assume that my pockets are nervous, let me assure you that they are not... I am a UNIX Systems Engineer. But I do like to work/think smarter and not harder when it comes to funding and I'd opt for a comparable piston at a cheaper pricepoint.) I won't say that I am cheap... I will say that I am "frugal" LOL.

Vteckidd
03-23-2006, 06:59 PM
If he makes over 700whp, ill be the first to congratulate him.

however, if you want to come in here and purposefully pat yourself on the back, please, go do it in your own thread.

Heres our motto:
Dont make excuses......make power

v8killr
03-23-2006, 07:13 PM

v8killr's build:

man that seemed to shut some people up...lol.

and so everyone knows this isnt my 1st serious engine build. im not taking any shortcuts on this engine. if you read through my engine build post you will see that there are a lot of people in on this engine build. Cortney Green, Jasen Penman, Geoff(full-Race), and many more. As far as the pistons go, we first installed SuperTech pistons and found out they werent going to work for the power im looking to put down. 2 similar setups out in Utah had the same pistons and blew on the dyno. they hit 800+whp but blew at like 850ish so we are swapping them out for either Endyne or CP's. Either or i dont really care.

and i really wish i was just a bench racer after all this fucking cash i have spent in the last 6 months...haha. just ask the guy how much it took to get 622whp. oh and i fixed the 700whp build in my sig for the people that want to bitch...lol.

NOW...back on the topic. the only reason i started bitching is because i hate how many people say they have stock heads/blocks/engines when they really DONT! HERES MY MOTO...if you have upgraded anything in your engine then its NOT STOCK. its like someone asking for how much power someone made on a stock gsr block(for instance) and they say 500 whp and we all know good and well that isnt right. so then the dude says ... "well i have pistons and rods".... that shit makes me so mad...lol.

and to be in the top 5 is cool but i have a feeling that theres going to be a civic rising up pretty quick here in a couple months. 622 wont be able to hold 5th....just fucking with ya. :cool:

Black R
03-23-2006, 07:16 PM
i really like this baby J...

BABY J
03-23-2006, 07:49 PM
Y
and so everyone knows this isnt my 1st serious engine build. im not taking any shortcuts on this engine. if you read through my engine build post you will see that there are a lot of people in on this engine build. Cortney Green, Jasen Penman, Geoff(full-Race), and many more. As far as the pistons go, we first installed SuperTech pistons and found out they werent going to work for the power im looking to put down. 2 similar setups out in Utah had the same pistons and blew on the dyno. they hit 800+whp but blew at like 850ish so we are swapping them out for either Endyne or CP's. Either or i dont really care.
and i really wish i was just a bench racer after all this fucking cash i have spent in the last 6 months...haha. just ask the guy how much it took to get 622whp. oh and i fixed the 700whp build in my sig for the people that want to bitch...lol.
NOW...back on the topic. the only reason i started bitching is because i hate how many people say they have stock heads/blocks/engines when they really DONT! HERES MY MOTO...if you have upgraded anything in your engine then its NOT STOCK. its like someone asking for how much power someone made on a stock gsr block(for instance) and they say 500 whp and we all know good and well that isnt right. so then the dude says ... "well i have pistons and rods".... that shit makes me so mad...lol.
and to be in the top 5 is cool but i have a feeling that theres going to be a civic rising up pretty quick here in a couple months. 622 wont be able to hold 5th....just fucking with ya.
FINALLY!!! It's off-topic, but this is the 1st coherent post you've made in this whole thread!! LOL. Like Mike said, you got your thread, this is spoolin's. :) We won't get into the factors that blow pistons... but my experience has shown that setups that blow pistons have weaker links than pistons. You can blow high end pistons w/ a badly tuned 50 shot (wet), so that's nothing. In fact there are guys running Supertech pistons on the circuit that aren't blowing 'em. But I DO have your back when you speak about shortcuts... you always end up doing it the right way later, which I why i said to Mike to not rush spoolins project. Name-dropping is kool, I have heard great things about the tuners you mentioned. In fact when I was in CO I worked w/ Geoff on my 1st attempt at a 350WHP SOHC project. MY point was simply that it seems that you attacked spoolins project just to find an angle to mention your own. I do not know how competent you are, and I can careless... I can tell that at least you're smart enough to know who to ask where you should swipe your credit card at... and to me that's all that counts. Simply stated, what goes around comes around... you will be strapping down soon enough... will YOU have to balls to post preliminary numbers even though they may be short of your 700/800 wheel goals? To me THAT takes more balls than bouncing in someone's thread and pick apart their pitfalls. Any1 can hide the mistakes and only post when their 12th attempt FINALLY yields the results they expected with their 1st pull. Mike didn't even have to make a post at all until they MADE the power that they intended. I think that means that they are not tryna force a sh*t sandwich down every1s throat. I am not on NE1s side here but common sense, I am not a cheerleader for either team... more like a referee (if that makes sense to ya). I think ALL of our setups need to be critiqued... whether that's an ebay intake or a Cummins turbo strapped on a Suzuki Sidekick... the criticism keeps us all sharp, and levels the playing field w/ the domestics. Let's just keep it positive... that's what I am talking about. And I agree as well as far there is "stock" and then there is "not stock"... no in-between. But even in your thread you said "I am probably leaving some things out", so it happens. I don't think they were tryna blow smoke up our asses on the head, I just think that they meant the the ports have not been reworked... no oversized valves, etc. But in your defense (not that you need me to defend you) I agree, it's either stock or not. As far as what "place" every1 is holding... hmmm... depends on what "race" you are running. You can play the WHP game, or you can play the timeslip game... collectively we will leave that to you all when you run. ;) Just make sure I got good seats. My .02
Baby J

95jdmdc4
03-23-2006, 07:56 PM
sick hp numbers, very nice!

Vteckidd
03-23-2006, 08:01 PM

1) it didnt shut anyone up, right now i have seen no results from you, so im not intimidated, also, as i said, i wish you luck, but until it dynoes, you just have a really expensive collection of parts.

2) The head is STOCK. since when do Valve springs and retainers GIVE you power? Also, in case you MISSED IT, i said the head was stock with valvesprings and retainers in the mod list. Everyone and their brother knew what i meant, im sorry i had to spell it out to you.

3) Your playing the SAME game you are bitching about. Your saying your build will make 800whp plus, yet it doesnt even run yet. sounds hypocritical to me.

so in closing, i dont care how much money you have spent. If your car doesnt make over 700whp, after all this trash talking, id never post again if i were you.

I dont care how much power your GOING to make, post a dyno, and youll earn my respect.

I dont care how many motors youve built. it makes no difference to me.

it seems you only wanted to post to point out the negative things , and blow your own horn. Personally ive never heard of you, and i dont know you at all. so i could care less what your opinion is.

thanks, and good luck to you on your motor

Mike

v8killr
03-23-2006, 08:37 PM
you got to be fucking kidding me.

i cant believe you still think your head is stock...lmao. and me making the power i want has nothing to do with this thread...youre correct but the ONLY reason i brought it up is because i was called a bench racer so fuck off. my collection of parts have proven power over and over again. and as far as your aftermarket parts in your head...do me a favor and take them out then dyno at the same boost level and we will see if you make as much power. AGAIN im just trying to prove a fucking point. if you dont drop a valve or fuck some shit up then you will sooner or later...I KNOW FROM EXPERIENCE. your head is NOT stock.

BTLFED
03-23-2006, 08:45 PM
you got to be fucking kidding me.

i cant believe you still think your head is stock...lmao. and me making the power i want has nothing to do with this thread...youre correct but the ONLY reason i brought it up is because i was called a bench racer so fuck off. my collection of parts have proven power over and over again. and as far as your aftermarket parts in your head...do me a favor and take them out then dyno at the same boost level and we will see if you make as much power. AGAIN im just trying to prove a fucking point. if you dont drop a valve or fuck some shit up then you will sooner or later...I KNOW FROM EXPERIENCE. your head is NOT stock.

The PHYSICAL HEAD ITSELF is still stock! He has done NO machine work to it what so ever! What fucking part of this are you missing? Why are you making something so stupid into a pissing contest? The only point you are proving is that you love to split hairs for no reason, and you know how to spend thousands of dollars on a fucking Honda engine basing it on what you have read on the internet that works. So fucking what? Make sure you leave that oil feed line right there on your build. I hope it flails around next to the timing belt so it rubs against it and snaps it. Then you can have thousands of dollars spent for a paperweight.

Vteckidd
03-23-2006, 08:46 PM
Again, valvesprings and retianers give you higher RPM, not more power. if your argument is that we could rev higher and make more power, thats fine, i agree with that.

however, it made 600whp WELL in the accepted range of stock valvesprings. Go look at the dyno again.

The head is STOCK PORT. there is that better for you.

Vteckidd
03-23-2006, 08:57 PM
BTW, go read his build thread, this seems to be his attitude. he Bench an E dynos to his little hearts content.

BTLFED
03-23-2006, 09:02 PM
BTW, go read his build thread, this seems to be his attitude. he Bench an E dynos to his little hearts content.

Just remember my quote about the word "hating." I think he may fit it well. ;)

josh green
03-23-2006, 09:06 PM
Talk about being nit picky. Go on honda tech and type in "stock head" in a search and see how many posts come up with STOCK heads with upgraded valvesprings and retainers. Take the valvesprings and retainers out and it will still make the same power. How high you rev a motor isnt going to make it more power. I can rev my motor to 9k just for the hell of it but my power falls off after 8k. I will bet money that with boost it will have the exact same effect.

How about we go around and say that it isnt a stock head if he has an aftermarket intake manifold or even a turbo manifold. They are the exact same thing as valvesprings and retainers. They are necessary head accessories IF you want to get technical.

Do I have a stock motor???? I have a SWAP header ( required for the motor to fit in the car) and a 3" U bend that you could call an intake b/c the stock intake and air box from the RSX does not fit in my car. Oh wait I have kpro as well, I guess that makes the motor not stock as well.

I think I will walk around saying that I have a BPU civic, I wander how many people will make fun of me for using a supra term...

BTLFED
03-23-2006, 09:37 PM
I think I will walk around saying that I have a BPU civic, I wander how many people will make fun of me for using a supra term...

Your Civic just has bolt ons! The Engine just bolted in with new mounts, right? ;)

v8killr
03-23-2006, 10:34 PM
the oil feed is staying right where it is. you might really be suprised how many people run it like that. i really suprised how uneducated people are here when it comes to acuras/hondas. where exactly do you think that line will go? it will not hit the belt so what else will it contact besides the block?

im not fucking with this shit anymore. i really cant believe so many people believe that head is stock. if i have a stock gsr block and upgrade pistons and rods...would that make it still be stock. i really dont think so for some odd reason. like i said, take ALL the aftermarket parts out of your head and throw it back on the dyno and see what you get.

:fruit:

you all make me keep posting to this shit...lmfao.

im thru man... :cool:

Vteckidd
03-23-2006, 10:44 PM
itll make the same power, LOOK AT THE GRAPH. it seems to me like you dont know how to read.

The motor CLEARLY makes over 600whp BEFORE 8500rpms. Stock valvesprings can go that high.

We dont know anything? let me EDUCATE you, your trying my patience:
I have the HIGHEST whp ALL MOTOR B series in the state (237/159)
HIGHEST STOCK BLOCK OEM ALL MOTOR B SERIES (203/133)
Spoolin made 515whp on Uberdata
Spoolin made 622whp on Ubderdata(possibly the highest in the country to my knowledge)
We are building currently
600whp LS (iloveboost)
750whp K series (no on the boards)
650whp GSR (jayone)

you think we are Noobs? please, post YOUR resume and YOUR dyno sheets. Not Courtney Greens, Not Geoff at Full Race, YOUR RESUME AND DYNOs.

Make a poll about if people think Valvesprings and Retainers add hp.

Ive seen you talk down to Trihn (runs 10s) and many other people that have been where you are TRYING to go LONG before you have even gotten your car to start. Why should i give you ANY credit, cause you have tons of money invested? sorry man, MAKE POWER, not pictures of what you got.

The head is STOCK PORT. If you want to still sit here and talk out your ass, thats your problem, i think people are OVERWHELMINGLY on my side, and im cool with that.

Remember who the moderator of this forum is as well before you go running your mouth to me.

Cunstructive criticism is welcome, blatant FLAMING for the sole purpose of bragging about yourself is retarded.

v8killr
03-23-2006, 11:00 PM
how about i just come on down and well meet up for a friendly drag race when i get the civic running. bring all your cars so i can have a FUN time dude. good times...

i have no need to post up dyno sheets. ill lay down track times soon enough.

by the way...im not really impressed by all that shit you just typed above. im actually feeling sorry for ya. sorry i got you all bent out of shape over nothing...lmfao. :jerkit:

people on your side...i was one of them until you posted your head was stock. haha...stock as a fucking rock right?

Click here to watch stock-gsr-11s (http://media.putfile.com/stock-gsr-11s)

Vteckidd
03-23-2006, 11:46 PM
ok so you have no resume. thanks, still no respect or credibility. maybe in time when its done and you meet your goals youll receive it.

So now your turning this into my cars vs yours. im just asking what real world expierience you have , you answered my question, and failed to answer my others.

Is that your personal car running 11s, or are you still posting other peoples stuff?

Ypur not impressed by our accomplishments, but yet you have none yourself, or no proof of any.

thats all i needed , thanks

Vteckidd
03-23-2006, 11:49 PM
bring your car down when it runs, i have no problem running you at a track. you vs me. should be able to handle a little NA car no problem

v8killr
03-24-2006, 12:42 AM
ok so you have no resume. thanks, still no respect or credibility. maybe in time when its done and you meet your goals youll receive it.

So now your turning this into my cars vs yours. im just asking what real world expierience you have , you answered my question, and failed to answer my others.

Is that your personal car running 11s, or are you still posting other peoples stuff?

Ypur not impressed by our accomplishments, but yet you have none yourself, or no proof of any.

thats all i needed , thanks

ask me about the world...ive been all the way around it and back...literally. 6 years air force will do that to you. you seem like youre 16 yrs old or some shit. pointless to try and rationalize with a child. i havent failed to answer your questions...just chose not to answer your stupid ass questions. i dont have to prove myself to anyone.

thats my civic in the video. plain white hatch. dynoed 395whp with a completely stock(everything OEM internally) gsr block and b16 head. no retainers or springs in this one. t3/t67 H.O. pump gas and 12psi. doesnt really matter tho.

bring the n/a car too...i cant wait to have some fun. might want to throw the bottle in it before you try to run with the big boys. :rly:

Vteckidd
03-24-2006, 12:51 AM
ask me about the world...ive been all the way around it and back...literally. 6 years air force will do that to you. you seem like youre 16 yrs old or some shit. pointless to try and rationalize with a child. i havent failed to answer your questions...just chose not to answer your stupid ass questions. i dont have to prove myself to anyone.

thats my civic in the video. plain white hatch. dynoed 395whp with a completely stock(everything OEM internally) gsr block and b16 head. no retainers or springs in this one. t3/t67 H.O. pump gas and 12psi. doesnt really matter tho.

bring the n/a car too...i cant wait to have some fun. might want to throw the bottle in it before you try to run with the big boys. :rly:
awesome, good for you. post the dyno.

Im 25, father was in the Air Force for 22years, so i have been around too. so what.

still dodging my questions. Do i need to call Corey or Terry and get them on here.

Jdm94Coupe
03-24-2006, 06:41 AM
ok now im mad...... after reading just the last two pages "v8killr" has really reminded me of a lot of fucking idiots i know. they state something, and when you correct them and let them know they are wrong... they ignore you!

he knows nothing about cars, he's just some rich ass who goes around swiping his credit card...... does he not know what valve springs and retainers are? he's saying the head isnt stock..... yea admit you were wrong.... valve springs and retainers dont make power...... want to know how i can tell you are a fucking IDIOT?

you compared spoolin having a stock head w/ somebody saying they have a stock block with rods/pistons...... put it this way for your dumbass....

1. if you have two people with stock gsr's.... one has valve springs and retainers.... if they drive equally who will win?? it will be a tie because he can rev higher but its pointless because he aint makin no more power!

2. if you have two people with gsr's.... one stock.... the other w/ itr rods/pistons.... who will win? obviously the guy w/ the pistons....

bottom line.... valve springs and retainers dont make power dumbass.... rods/pistons do..... if you were going to make a comparision, do it right you stupid fuck.... do us all a favor and dont post anymore, you make yourself look bad..... if you came back and admitted you are wrong, then we all would respect you, but for now nobody does!

-twan
aka dat nigga, lol

Jdm94Coupe
03-24-2006, 06:42 AM
btw i think im a little upset cause duke and gonzaga lost last night...... but u r still wrong!

99SI
03-24-2006, 12:30 PM
If I took my cams, valves, springs, retainers out of my head and only had a bare head would it still be a stock head???? I have no porting or polishing work done. IMO when someone says the head is stock but valvesprings/retainers have been upgraded it means that there has been no porting or polishing or reshaping of the combustion chambers. The original casting that Honda put in the car is still there.

BTLFED
03-24-2006, 06:25 PM
the oil feed is staying right where it is. you might really be suprised how many people run it like that. i really suprised how uneducated people are here when it comes to acuras/hondas. where exactly do you think that line will go? it will not hit the belt so what else will it contact besides the block?

im not fucking with this shit anymore. i really cant believe so many people believe that head is stock. if i have a stock gsr block and upgrade pistons and rods...would that make it still be stock. i really dont think so for some odd reason. like i said, take ALL the aftermarket parts out of your head and throw it back on the dyno and see what you get.

:fruit:

you all make me keep posting to this shit...lmfao.

im thru man... :cool:

Oh, we are uneducated because we know REAL WORLD SHIT as opposed to what YOU read on the internet? You are a fucking joke.

And I didn't see anything holding that feed line where it was, which is why I made that comment. I appologize for not knowing that your line defies the laws of physics, movement, and gravity. :rolleyes:

THIS JUST IN: If you can swipe a credit card you can make power! Film at 11!

:disgusted:

~leaves~

josh green
03-25-2006, 12:08 AM
you sir must have been plucked straight from snap-on truck, b/c you are a TOOL!!!

In for a ban!!!!!! mike, you are the mod. ANY ONE ELSE WANT TO VOTE WITH ME???

+1 for ban

SPOOLIN
03-25-2006, 10:20 AM
I didnt have half the country put my engine together. Except for the turbo manifold, i did EVERYTHING myself. I painted my car myself, installed my cage myself, and I was the only person to assemble my engine and whole setup. good luck man, make your 800whp. but if you are keeping 81mm, good luck. I hope you get it.

99SI
03-25-2006, 10:26 AM
To hell with this guy spoolin, he has been talking about his "setup" for quite a while now and it's still not in his car. I went back to revisit his thread and he was saying mid February it's on, still not here. I will be the first to congratulate him for the 800whp he thinks he's going to make. But I will certainly be more interested in seeing a time slip with it. I think he needs to go out to Utah, find a few wives and see if Courtney Green will let him suck on his nuts.

Vteckidd
03-25-2006, 11:15 AM
I spoke with Courtney Green, he barely knows this guy LOL

99SI
03-25-2006, 11:31 AM
How funny is that shit. He talks like they are best friends. lol. I am going to have to go back and look at his thread and count how many times he has mentioned Courtney Greens name. I will bet money that between this thread and his thread that he has said Courtney Green, Courtney, or Court at least 35 times. lol.

BTLFED
03-25-2006, 11:49 AM

BAHAHAHA!! VTECKIDD FTW!!! :lmfao:

Gotcha bitch!

SPOOLIN
03-25-2006, 12:31 PM
me and papadakis go way back. :cool:

BTEC
03-25-2006, 12:32 PM
me and papadakis go way back. :cool:
yeah me too. that dude used to ride on my handle bars when we used to go to the street races.

99SI
03-25-2006, 12:43 PM
Quoted from his thread, referring to Courtney Green. lmfao
im def going to be the 1st to run it....but i want to see what the full potential this setup has and he is one of the best drivers that i know. also a very good friend so i trust him...lol.

BTLFED
03-26-2006, 09:09 AM
Bahahaha! That guy is a fucking joke. :rolleyes:

v8killr
03-26-2006, 10:52 AM

i havent been on the computer in a while so THATS the reason i havent been making stupid ass replies to this thread.

1st...cortney knows me very well. i know him very well. otherwise i wouldnt trust him with over 10 grand of MY money. wouldnt you kids think so?

2nd...i ALONE am paying for this build. NOBODY else. the only thing im having done for me is assembling the longblock. for anyone(which is like 1 person on here) who has made big power then im willing to bet that they didnt assemble their engine. FOR INSTANCE, Geoff at Full-Race had his assembled. does anyone know who asembled it? ERL did all his shit. sure i could throw together an engine and make 500whp...already done that. made 395whp on a BONE stock boosted gsr engine last year and ran low 11's...easy shit.

3rd...the reason i mentioned cort's name so many times is because im thankful of what he has helped me out with. im sorry to all of you who hate on someone thats trying to do something different for a change. its fucking pathetic.

4th...99si....the engine is in fucking utah and now its having to be rebuilt. im glad i dont already have the engine here in my car. until you or anyone else flaming about how long its taking me to build my car actually get off your asses and try to match wtf im doing in a faster manner...if i were you i would stfu...lmao. you dont have the first clue to making serious horsepower or whats envolved.

v8killr
03-26-2006, 10:54 AM
and everyone saying their head is stock...im fucking thru with that shit. ive obviously been talking to a rock because no one seems to understand anything.

keep on believing... :goodjob:

Vteckidd
03-26-2006, 11:28 AM
still, you have no resume, and no results, GET THE FUCK OUT

Vteckidd
03-26-2006, 11:36 AM
Courtney Green barely knows this cat, i know ALOT about him though, wonder if i should share the info. you guys would laugh your ass off

BABY J
03-27-2006, 08:27 AM
Well, I would not say ban him. My argument is that his posts were not on topic, and were not user friendly. There are specific forums for that kinda crap. He wasn't really offering NEthing to the thread.. I'm not gonna attack who he is personally, b/c I do not know him and I do not care. At least INITIALLY he doesn't seem like some1 I'd wanna meet. But that doesn't mean sh*t b/c maybe I am not some1 he wants to meet... that's life. So he put 6 years in the "US Chair Force"... I put in 8 (www.seriouscustoms.com/babyj) (http://www.seriouscustoms.com/babyj))... so he has made big power... so have I --> (www.seriouscustoms.com/sunbeltprogress) (http://www.seriouscustoms.com/sunbeltprogress)). So he has been around the world... I have lost count how many times I have done that... my point??? I think that I am still approachable, and I am still all about helping the next man and offering some sound tech advice if I got it, and if not I know when to STFU. THAT was my point. I am not knocking how he gets his projects done... as far as wrenching I think I can run w/ most in that regard, and even then I only take my wrenching so far, so that's kool to reach out to others for support. Simply stated most builds do require some finesse from other people and shops... no knock on that at all. But just cause you call Skunk 2 and order some Pro 2s and "happen" to talk to Dave doesn't mean you name drop like yall are out f*ckin the same chicks on the weekends. LOL. V8KILLR I'ma put this on ya plate man and you can either eat it or not... be careful with the bridges that you burn, you may need to cross them later in life. When your world-wide engine comes home and you need a lil "local finesse" or you snap an axle and need a wrench or a hand, you might find that the people you downtalk and shit on might not be so inclined to lend you a hand... UTAH is a long way to go just for a 14 metric open end, or a tow-rope to get ya home. (if you know what I mean). My .02.

Baby J

SPOOLIN
03-27-2006, 10:06 AM
Ant that the truth. I dont really start shit with people they always start it with me. Because i might need a tool or something at a race to get me back on my feet.

Vteckidd
03-27-2006, 10:55 AM
V*killr has been warned, if he gets out of line one more time, hes banned

v8killr
03-27-2006, 12:34 PM
anyways...back on topic. if anyone wants to talk shit about me or to me...thats what PM's are for.

622whp... :goodjob:

B18c1Turboed
03-27-2006, 01:16 PM
Man all i can say JOE v8killr you make yourself look like a dumb ass, you show nobody respect and you talk down on all of us even TRINH that tried to be nice and help you out.Like i said in your last post man until your car is running and actually makes 800hp your a bench racer. For the last year and half i have been hearing about your motor being built and all this bullshit.
It dont take over a year to build a motor, and if i was you and i PAID 10,000 to a builder that took more than a year i would be PISSED!!!
Im sure when i send Courtney Green this topic and he sees the dumb ass your being and think your god almighty he will look at you diffrently. Becasue no matter hw fast you are theres always someone faster than you..

Yea talk shit about GA racers why dont you bring that car and race PETer and see who gets that ass spanked. I dont think it will be Peter shit even Bee will hand you your ass.

Just becasue you feel to spend 10k in a motor and build it right dont give you the right to down talk anyone, you can claim all you want BUT until you can PROVE IT shut the fuck UP!!!

BTLFED
03-27-2006, 04:21 PM
Man all i can say JOE v8killr you make yourself look like a dumb ass, you show nobody respect and you talk down on all of us even TRINH that tried to be nice and help you out.Like i said in your last post man until your car is running and actually makes 800hp your a bench racer. For the last year and half i have been hearing about your motor being built and all this bullshit.
It dont take over a year to build a motor, and if i was you and i PAID 10,000 to a builder that took more than a year i would be PISSED!!!
Im sure when i send Courtney Green this topic and he sees the dumb ass your being and think your god almighty he will look at you diffrently. Becasue no matter hw fast you are theres always someone faster than you..

Yea talk shit about GA racers why dont you bring that car and race PETer and see who gets that ass spanked. I dont think it will be Peter shit even Bee will hand you your ass.

Just becasue you feel to spend 10k in a motor and build it right dont give you the right to down talk anyone, you can claim all you want BUT until you can PROVE IT shut the fuck UP!!!

Exactly! You and Baby J are right on the money and I agree with both of you. I know my shit isn't fast like this, which is why I can't get into these pissing contests. ;) Reps for this post. :goodjob:

I would have repped Baby J too, but I gotta spread it around first. :(

anothaRRR
03-27-2006, 05:56 PM
im sorry to all of you who hate on someone thats trying to do something different for a change. its fucking pathetic.

Different?? You said it yourself there setup is the exact same setup as yours, so how is that different?? You're just following his steps and what he says goes...Even though its your motor its his specs and decisions....

v8killr
03-27-2006, 07:04 PM
when will you dumbfucks get it thru your head. pm me instead of fucking this dudes thread.

its like dealing with fucking kids... :jerkit: