PDA

View Full Version : SOOOOOOOOOO...........I'M

ahmonrah
03-11-2006, 04:32 PM
heading to lilburn to check on a motorcycle with my homeboy this early afternoon and he's about 5min ahead of me. i'm cruising at about 80mph down hwy 78 and just as i pass the entrance to stone mountain park suddenly i hear this horrific grinding noise and i'm losing speed, but my rpms are jumping through the tach and so is the needle on the speedometer. "i'm like WTF?" thinking i didnt engage the shifter all the way and it slipped out. so i depress the clutch/ elease the throttle. and re-engage the shifter.
yep it's all the way in. and when i give her more gas. bam! the same shitty thing! now i'm losing speed fast and and i slide all the way over to the right lane working my wy through the gears and none of them are engaging. long story short. my transmission took a really big humongous :toilet: on me today and my acura legend is sitting on the side of the exit where you enter to get to stone mountain walmart and the MASTER GUNMAN gun range/shop.

anyone in this area got a car dolly ??

HyPer50
03-11-2006, 04:36 PM
that sucks. know anyone with AAA? Thats saved me a few times from havin' to pay a big wrecker fee.

ahmonrah
03-11-2006, 04:37 PM
but there is one good thing about today! i met some real cool riders(motorcycles) and i found which bike i'm getting. but the bad news is i gotta fix the acura first.

but here is the bike:( well, an example)
http://www.emoto.com/img/news/200509/2190/kawasaki-zx6r.jpg

ahmonrah
03-11-2006, 04:37 PM
that sucks. know anyone with AAA? Thats saved me a few times from havin' to pay a big wrecker fee.that idont, but i'll have to look around and see.

HiPSI
03-11-2006, 05:25 PM
but here is the bike:( well, an example)
http://www.emoto.com/img/news/200509/2190/kawasaki-zx6r.jpg

god those things are ugly.

have you ridden for a while or do you just have a death wish? ;)

ahmonrah
03-11-2006, 08:04 PM
i've ridden before. and as far as a death wish is concerned. i dont have one. but i'm not gonna live my life scared to do the things that i enjoy. some people dot get that most people die in/around their homes more often than on motorcyles.

CopyRight
03-11-2006, 08:10 PM
i've ridden before. and as far as a death wish is concerned. i dont have one. but i'm not gonna live my life scared to do the things that i enjoy. some people dot get that most people die in/around their homes more often than on motorcyles.

What did you ride? and how long did you ride for? If you say dirt bike.....I wont even go there.

Don't be one of these squids who goes out and buys a shiney new bike and is a highway racer or ends up dead on the mtn because they had no business up there.

CopyRight
03-11-2006, 08:11 PM
btw, if you get that Ninja, it will not have the flush mount turn signals that are pictured...that's European model only.

RandomGuy
03-11-2006, 10:44 PM
heading to lilburn to check on a motorcycle with my homeboy this early afternoon and he's about 5min ahead of me. i'm cruising at about 80mph down hwy 78 and just as i pass the entrance to stone mountain park suddenly i hear this horrific grinding noise and i'm losing speed, but my rpms are jumping through the tach and so is the needle on the speedometer. "i'm like WTF?" thinking i didnt engage the shifter all the way and it slipped out. so i depress the clutch/ elease the throttle. and re-engage the shifter.
yep it's all the way in. and when i give her more gas. bam! the same shitty thing! now i'm losing speed fast and and i slide all the way over to the right lane working my wy through the gears and none of them are engaging. long story short. my transmission took a really big humongous :toilet: on me today and my acura legend is sitting on the side of the exit where you enter to get to stone mountain walmart and the MASTER GUNMAN gun range/shop.

anyone in this area got a car dolly ??
your tranny is prolly still good... it might just be a worn clutch... if so... under a100 bux parts... do it urself or if u want a legit fix maybe 300-500 bux labor... or i know sum1 who will do it for like 200 bux or so(depending on car)...... or for a cheap fix u can find a "hispanic laborer" outside of the 24hr autozone on jimmy carter will do it for cheap maybe even 100 bux or so... dont know check it out... but anyhow its nothin to really sweat

ahmonrah
03-12-2006, 01:59 PM
yeah i had realized it was y clutch. i just gotta get it towed and find someone to put it on. i'll look at doin it myself once i get it back to the house though.

ahmonrah
03-12-2006, 02:01 PM
What did you ride? and how long did you ride for? If you say dirt bike.....I wont even go there.

Don't be one of these squids who goes out and buys a shiney new bike and is a highway racer or ends up dead on the mtn because they had no business up there.honestly the last time i rode was 1999. and it was a 99 ninja. up till then i had spent the prior 4 years riding my dads goldwing while i was in high school. but i havent ridden since. so i'm gonna be smart about it when i get a bike.

ahmonrah
03-12-2006, 02:02 PM
oh yeah, about the flush mounts. i know those only come with the euro models. but they can be added later. which, ifi get that particular bike, that's what i'll do

RandomGuy
03-12-2006, 02:04 PM
oh yeah, about the flush mounts. i know those only come with the euro models. but they can be added later. which, ifi get that particular bike, that's what i'll do
just be the first to get hubcap spinners on a bike

ahmonrah
03-12-2006, 08:06 PM
that and fuzzy dice ........

HiPSI
03-12-2006, 09:53 PM

i was referring more to having a 170hp bike, not riding a bike in general. i've been riding for a while now and certainly have nothing against it ;). lately there's just a lot of new riders slinging a leg over literbikes with little to no riding experience and winding up trashing them in short order. that and the new 600 class bikes provide more than enough power than 99% of riders can take advantage of on the street anyway.... i've been contemplating selling my 954 to get back to the 600's.

RandomGuy
03-12-2006, 09:55 PM
i was referring more to having a 170hp bike, not riding a bike in general. i've been riding for a while now and certainly have nothing against it ;). lately there's just a lot of new riders slinging a leg over literbikes with little to no riding experience and winding up trashing them in short order. that and the new 600 class bikes provide more than enough power than 99% of riders can take advantage of on the street anyway.... i've been contemplating selling my 954 to get back to the 600's.
gsxr1300 bitches!

i know its a heavy bitch, but it sure is pimp lol 197hp or somethin like that too.. busas are not exactly slow... but it'll get ownted by most 600's

RandomGuy
03-12-2006, 09:57 PM
http://www.tomizawa.com/images/gsxr1300.gif even in black and white shits are pimpin

HiPSI
03-13-2006, 01:00 PM
but it'll get ownted by most 600's

not in a straight line, but some of the newer 600's are catching up a bit in power/weight. railing in the mountains is a whole other story though. there are some guys who can manhandle those things around up there but i wouldn't really want to be in the twisties on one. last trackday i did i played around with a guy riding one for a few laps, i'd go wayyyyyy deeper on the brakes then accelerate out of the turns to open a huge gap, the slow down on the straights so he could blast by me then fall in and do it all again. after a few laps i stayed on my pace and nearly caught back up to him by the end of the session. ahh good times.