Batlground GT30R Turbo kit

PUMP GAS 340hp 294Tq

On a stock 2.0 liter USDM motor

Race Gas Wouldnt you like to know.

Ill post the pump gas chart later.

Matt

Tracy
04-22-2005, 12:45 PM
I'm trying to get Dan to e-mail it to you. He's working on my car for tomorrow...Sorry
:(! WE suck! But so do you ;)

HalfBaked
04-22-2005, 12:52 PM
Awesome numbers.

Big Baller
04-22-2005, 12:54 PM
I might have to post up the big number these fools on Nasioc dont get it.

Tracy
04-22-2005, 12:56 PM
I'm going to e-mail them now. I'm turning the computer on. Stand by!! BTW, is 400 impossible on pump gas and stock block?

Big Baller
04-22-2005, 01:12 PM
Yeah they(and when I say they I mean Toopspood)tell me its impossible to hit 400hp on the stock block.

Anyway, Thats what they tell me.

Matt

silviadriftr
04-22-2005, 03:19 PM
I'm trying to get Dan to e-mail it to you. He's working on my car for tomorrow...Sorry
:(! WE suck! But so do you ;)

What's tomorrow??????

Tracer
04-22-2005, 03:27 PM
Man I would love to have those numbers. Proud of you MATT...

TRAY_STi
04-24-2005, 04:05 AM
Good numbers, Looking into a gt30r set up on my 2004 STi. Saw a post on nasioc from a kit by gruppe-s. Very impressive numbers coming out of those turbos.

:jester: :bigok:

Big Baller
04-24-2005, 05:54 PM
Good numbers, Looking into a gt30r set up on my 2004 STi. Saw a post on nasioc from a kit by gruppe-s. Very impressive numbers coming out of those turbos.

:jester: :bigok:

I'm sure Dan would be proud to help you out, his kit is extremely affordable.

$2000

The spool time on the Sti would be very short, and Im sure you can pull pump gas numbers in 400 range.

Give Batlground a call, Tracy and Dan will take care of you.

Tracy
04-26-2005, 12:05 PM
What's tomorrow??????

Sorry...me and Miranda went to LIL Talledega!

Miranda
04-26-2005, 12:45 PM
Sorry...me and Miranda went to LIL Talledega!

Tracy! Where are the pictures?11/.1/!?

Tracy
04-26-2005, 12:48 PM
OH! I'll do them now! I'll post them in the Pictures forum (DUH!):D

Miranda
04-26-2005, 12:50 PM
:D

Awesome!

99prelude
05-21-2005, 12:30 AM
hey big baller you might want to watch what you say about other shops

Ryno
05-21-2005, 11:06 AM
hey big baller you might want to watch what you say about other shops

or what???

Tracer
05-21-2005, 11:52 AM
or what???

Yeah, I like to see someone try to shut Matt up. LOL

Big Baller
05-21-2005, 01:46 PM
No I dont want to watch what I say about other shops, 90% of the shops in the Atlanta Area suck, so why would I "want to watch what I say about other shops".

FUCK YOU
Matt

Big Baller
05-21-2005, 03:19 PM
Oh and when you say other shops, what exactly do you mean.

BECAUSE

I DONT WORK FOR BATLGROUND

DUMBASS

Tracy
05-21-2005, 03:35 PM
Oh and when you say other shops, what exactly do you mean.

BECAUSE

I DONT WORK FOR BATLGROUND

DUMBASS

Yea! Unfortunatley for Matt, his car is too slow. We would never let him work here.

HalfBaked
05-21-2005, 05:04 PM
Did you ever post a dyno sheet.

I've really wanted to see one.

If you don't want it public could you PM me a link to it.

KTHXBYE!

Tracy
05-21-2005, 05:07 PM
He posted one on NASIOC but the thread got closed.

Tracer
05-21-2005, 07:41 PM
Tracy since I have a job and I will soon have a fast car what can Batlground do for me?

ck02wrx
05-22-2005, 04:32 AM
Yeah they(and when I say they I mean Toopspood)tell me its impossible to hit 400hp on the stock block.

Anyway, Thats what they tell me.

Matt
They just broke 400whp on a stock block STI on 93oct with a Deadbolt SZ55 turbo. I know its not a 2.0 but its still impressive.
link (http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=773999)

Tracer
05-22-2005, 10:38 AM
They just broke 400whp on a stock block STI on 93oct with a Deadbolt SZ55 turbo. I know its not a 2.0 but its still impressive.

There's people breaking more than 500whp(with race gas) on the stock block Sti and their running like 450-470 on pump gas. So, 400whp really isn't much compared to the rest of the crew on NASIOC.

Big Baller
05-22-2005, 11:20 AM

We made 404 hp on a stock 2.0, and there was more left in the turbo.

I'm not a liberty to discuss the details of it just yet, but dont worry there will be a new post about it in the coming weeks.

Matt

Badazzcr
05-22-2005, 12:20 PM
Didn't just break 400whp but got 472hp which is the highest ever achieved with a bolt on, stock location, internally wastegated turbo.

Tracer
05-22-2005, 01:06 PM
Who cares what they've achieved with a bolt on. People are getting insane numbers by other turbos that put out way more higher whp on the stock block. Who cares if its a bolt on or internally wastegated.....you don't get a 3 second head start on the track for doing that. LOL Check out NASIOC and see the numbers people are getting with the GT30r and GT35r on the stock block.

Big Baller and Baller what do u guys think??? :)

99prelude
05-22-2005, 02:34 PM
look I am not trying to fight with you as I am not in highschool. All I am trying to say is that, yes I agree with you there some shops out there that are worse than other but when you trash mouth a shop there are a lot of people who read these forums who believe every word that is said. And when it comes down to it gossip and trash talk can serverly hurt a shops reputation and hurt the people who own the shop. I do not get on here and talk bad about battlegrounds even though I have seen things that I dare not repeat. Why, because it could potentialy hurt their image and therefor I keep it to myself.

99prelude
05-22-2005, 02:34 PM
Oh and congrats are in order 470 Is a big acomplishment

TRAY_STi
05-22-2005, 03:09 PM
yeah, but the thing is Jason. Its not a GT30R or a GT35R and it made 470hp...

People do care if it is stock location, internal gated etc... Most people don't have all the money in the world to have a full out custom turbo set up.

Oh it isn't a big deal on their customers / shops dyno numbers? Then why is it when they post in the Proven power pages. Each thread is like 3 pages long asking, and wanting that set up.

BALLER
05-22-2005, 04:19 PM
470hp wow! Congratulations, that is great power. I wish my usdm 2.0 was as strong as the sti. I would love to get a ride in that. Now that I am out of high school I can begin to devote more time and money to my car. Ill see you at the next track day!

Big Baller
05-22-2005, 08:11 PM
look I am not trying to fight with you as I am not in highschool. All I am trying to say is that, yes I agree with you there some shops out there that are worse than other but when you trash mouth a shop there are a lot of people who read these forums who believe every word that is said. And when it comes down to it gossip and trash talk can serverly hurt a shops reputation and hurt the people who own the shop. I do not get on here and talk bad about battlegrounds even though I have seen things that I dare not repeat. Why, because it could potentialy hurt their image and therefor I keep it to myself.

So what have you seen, because I am there alot and I have never seen anything that would make me think less of them.

The Subaru community pretty much sucks, I'm over it. J and myself are looking to move on to other projects. Batlgrounds GT30R Turbo Kit has allowed us to achieve our goals with the wrx. 350hp on pump gas, not to shabby for a stock block wrx. 404hp with the "special sauce", pretty good. We may build a motor for it after the 6speed goes in. But from now on the WRX is Jeremys daily driver.

The 240sx is the new track car, it should make about 350-360hp on pump gas which will be more than enough to hang with the big boys at Road Atlanta.

The Mustang is probally going into the shop in the next few weeks to get back halfed as the stock suspension isnt going to be enough for 1000 hp.

I'm searching for a corvette to put a twin turbo kit on for my new daily driver 600hp should be alot of fun.

SO as you can see, the subaru has been fun, but Ive had about enough of the subaru, J and myself have way to many projects going to continue with the subaru.

GTScoob
05-22-2005, 10:27 PM
Good numbers everybody!

I still have no clue why there is such a rivaly between Batlground and T0pspeed (why does it go to *****s?) but both shops seem to have some wicked cars coming out.

I really have yet to be impressed with any of the GT30R/GT35R kits. They've been the big talk over the last year but still dont seem like they make the power to back up the hype. Pretty much the same goes for most of the rotated mount setups; a couple are crazy but they still seem like they should make more power.

Dragonfly5338
05-22-2005, 10:39 PM
I think most everyone save for a few people have forgotten about the so-called feud. I don't see what the big deal is, everyone's in the business of making their car fast, so let's leave it at that. Nice numbers, everyone...... for a subaru. :lmfao: :lmfao: (THAT WAS JUST A JOKE! NO FLAMING NEEDED! :tongue: )

Big Baller
05-22-2005, 11:04 PM
The subaru community is lacking, Lacking balls, no one is willing to push the stock motors hard enough. I understand some people dont have enough cash to play that hard.

Everyone said we were going to blow our motor at 300hp, then we made 332, then everyone said the rods would break if we kept running at that level, so we changed setups and made 340hp on pump gas, fucking pump gas, no methanol, no knock, very very conservative timing etc, then everyone said thats it, thats all the 2.0 is good for you cant make more than that, so what did we do, we made 404hp with a pump gas race gas mix, still very conservative timing etc.

When will the madness stop you ask. When we break something, 430hp or bust. Next I think Ill see how many rpms a stock 2.0 will turn. When we break the motor(we will break it) then we will build a new one and the car will basically be finished.

Matt

Big Baller
05-23-2005, 08:42 AM
I just read the whole ******** \ deadbolt thread.

THAT TURBO IS $2000 DOLLARS.

How in the hell is that affordable compared to Batlgrounds $2000 GT30R\GT35R Kit.

Maybe I just dont get it.

Please Explain

Matt

Dragonfly5338
05-23-2005, 11:06 AM
lol, everytime i read nasioc it reaffirms that the subaru community is a bunch of dorks. :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

Tracer
05-23-2005, 04:58 PM
yeah, but the thing is Jason. Its not a GT30R or a GT35R and it made 470hp...

People do care if it is stock location, internal gated etc... Most people don't have all the money in the world to have a full out custom turbo set up.

Oh it isn't a big deal on their customers / shops dyno numbers? Then why is it when they post in the Proven power pages. Each thread is like 3 pages long asking, and wanting that set up.

That's because the GT30r and GT35r are for people who want more than 500whp....

For me I don't want 470whp....that's not enough for me. Maybe for the back wheels....LOL :D

To me its not a big deal to reach those numbers on stock block....Their are hundreds of people reach over 500whp on the stock Sti block. But I don't want to run on stock block but, if that's what they want to do GOOD. I'm not putting anyone down for doing that. Good job Doug....I'll see you soon.

Big Baller
05-23-2005, 04:59 PM
lol, everytime i read nasioc it reaffirms that the subaru community is a bunch of dorks. :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

amen to that, preach on preach on.

Tracer
05-23-2005, 05:12 PM

I totally agree with you on that Val. That's why I don't really go there and take in most of the crap people put on there. All they do is talk about how much power they want and what size turbo they want.......My motto is "stop talking and start BUILDING."

batlbrandon
05-23-2005, 09:48 PM
I do not get on here and talk bad about battlegrounds even though I have seen things that I dare not repeat. Why, because it could potentialy hurt their image and therefor I keep it to myself.

please elaborate, in a pm if you prefer, cause nothing, I mean NOTHING leaves here in a worse condition than it when arrived. I am only responding to this cause of your use of the words "seen things". I have "seen" plenty of "things" come out of every other shop in Atl. In fact I have taken a personal interest to document everything I "see" with a digital camera. I show this to our customers before I go any further so there is no confusion as to who is responsible.

Tracer
05-23-2005, 10:02 PM
Pretty much Batl-Brandon just owned you on that. lol

Dragonfly5338
05-23-2005, 10:30 PM
I totally agree with you on that Val. That's why I don't really go there and take in most of the crap people put on there. All they do is talk about how much power they want and what size turbo they want.......My motto is "stop talking and start BUILDING."

i was talking about the 3 star wars threads i saw on there, but that too, hahahahaa!!

ck02wrx
05-24-2005, 12:53 AM
Yeah, there a lot of 500whp plus stock block Sti's. All it takes is a big turbo,tuning, and money. A stock block Sti with 500whp or a stock block Wrx with 400whp are not going to last. Any good shop should be able to get the same numbers. Some don't like to due to reliability at those levels. I'm not defending either shop. I tune my own cars and have been very happy with the results. I don't have High HP internet bragging rights but all it would take is a bigger turbo. Most of the guys that push the stock blocks that high are planning on going with a built block anyway. I know I'm not going to push my Sti motor that high until I get a built block, but my Wrx is my daily driver.

Anyway, I don't get out much to meet the subaru community. Where do most of you hang out? I'm in Athens and I plan on going to the Tuner Fest and Drag maybe Show.

Big Baller
05-24-2005, 07:59 AM
I dont really hang out with any suby people. You can find me at some of the upcoming track days. Robeling Road, Little T, Road Atlanta etc...

Trey
05-24-2005, 02:04 PM
There are PLEANTY of suby people at those "Track Days" lol

Big Baller
05-24-2005, 02:10 PM
Yeah I wish the subarus would stay out of the way of the fast cars.

My track car should be "done" this weekend.

Matt

Tracer
05-24-2005, 04:34 PM
So far most of the Suby owners I've meet are just Jerks. They treat people who are learning about their WRX or STi like crap. That's one reason why I stay away from their meets. Plus they don't like Matt(Big Baller)...LOL

Its ok Matt.....they don't like me either. But they will Respect Us. (with our big numbers on our Suby's)

HiPSI
05-24-2005, 09:16 PM
Its ok Matt.....they don't like me either. But they will Respect Us. (with our big numbers on our Suby's)

a big dyno chart does not earn respect ;)

Tracer
05-24-2005, 09:46 PM
a big dyno chart does not earn respect ;)

I didn't say anything about a dyno chart. Who cares what it says on paper. I'm talking about racing at the track and on the streets. Mostly streets though. :)

TRAY_STi
05-24-2005, 09:58 PM
OMGHEY..... respect... muhahahaha waaay to much Fast & Furious. :gay:

Tracer
05-24-2005, 10:22 PM
OMGHEY..... respect... muhahahaha waaay to much Fast & Furious. :gay:

First of all you have no idea what me and Matt are referring too. The Suby world does suck. Most of the people are just jerks and bullshiters. So don't act all big and bad like you know what we are talking about.

TRAY_STi
05-24-2005, 10:38 PM
Oh come on. . .

So far most of the Suby owners I've meet are just Jerks. They treat people who are learning about their WRX or STi like crap. That's one reason why I stay away from their meets. Plus they don't like Matt(Big Baller)...LOL

Then who may i ask is They & Their :lmfao:

Tracer
05-24-2005, 10:39 PM
Nasioc.......How they treat people on there. Who are still learning about there WRX's or STi's.

Big Baller
05-25-2005, 10:22 AM
Gay

ck02wrx
05-26-2005, 02:10 AM
Nasioc.......How they treat people on there. Who are still learning about there WRX's or STi's.

I haven't hung out with any of ATL subie guys, but I know what you mean about Nasioc. I post there every now and then and there are a few good guys on there. I don't know what your knowledge is on the WRX/Sti but if I can with anything, I will. I have done all the mods on my wrx including the motor swap and tuning by myself and I don't mind helping others. It seems like a lot of the subaru guys think that the car in the world worth owning is a subaru. I'm not like that I like all makes and modles of vehicles.

Tracer
05-26-2005, 03:30 PM
I haven't hung out with any of ATL subie guys, but I know what you mean about Nasioc. I post there every now and then and there are a few good guys on there. I don't know what your knowledge is on the WRX/Sti but if I can with anything, I will. I have done all the mods on my wrx including the motor swap and tuning by myself and I don't mind helping others. It seems like a lot of the subaru guys think that the car in the world worth owning is a subaru. I'm not like that I like all makes and modles of vehicles.

My knowledge on the WRX/Sti are improving with the help from Matt and Dan. I didn't know hardly anything about these cars. Before I bought my Sti, I had a hard time picking the car I wanted. It was between 3 cars that I liked.(Sti, Evo, and R32) I'm at the point where I'm going to do a motor swap in my Sti but, as tuning goes.....I don't even have clue. I decided to go with the Hydra but, I really wanted AEM but it doesn't come out until later this year. I don't know alot about the Hydra. How do you like it so far? Did it suck learning how to tune it?

HalfBaked
05-26-2005, 03:33 PM
You are going to do a motor swap into your STi?

What are you going to put in there? Spec C?

Trey
05-26-2005, 03:56 PM
lol, "get in the way" Every track day I've been to, no one passed me unless I wanted them to. :D Last one had a Z06 with an awesome driver, race Porsches and Bimmers at Barber. It was a fun weekend.

You seem so hung up on the type of car, it's the driver that makes the difference. :)

Keep the shiny side up.

Tracer
05-26-2005, 04:06 PM
You are going to do a motor swap into your STi?

What are you going to put in there? Spec C?

Yeah, I'm going for a custom setup of a 2.8 liter with V7 Sti heads. Basically building everything to handle alot more power. I might even go with bigger turbo than a GT35r. I don't really know what exactly yet but, it should be done with this summer.(engine swap) But I'll let you guys know what exactly what I'm doing, if you like?

Big Baller
05-26-2005, 10:39 PM
lol, "get in the way" Every track day I've been to, no one passed me unless I wanted them to. :D Last one had a Z06 with an awesome driver, race Porsches and Bimmers at Barber. It was a fun weekend.

You seem so hung up on the type of car, it's the driver that makes the difference. :)

Keep the shiny side up.

No I'm not hung up on the car, its not the subaru, its the subaru driver thats in the way, I'm sure you wont be the one in my way. :lmfao:

Matt

Trey
05-27-2005, 09:53 AM
Yea, every track day I've been to since '95, the people all seem to be really cool and laid back, sans a few v8 dicks that think a lil Honda 4 banger can't hang and won't let you pass on a straight then your all over their ass in the twisties. They get black flagged everytime. :lol:

Sounds like a wild ride Jason. Can't wait to see her out there. :)

dazn
05-30-2005, 06:12 PM
Yea, every track day I've been to since '95, the people all seem to be really cool and laid back, sans a few v8 dicks that think a lil Honda 4 banger can't hang and won't let you pass on a straight then your all over their ass in the twisties. They get black flagged everytime. :lol:

Sounds like a wild ride Jason. Can't wait to see her out there. :)

hehe, yeah those corner workers at RA will get you everytime for pullin some dumb shit during a track day, iknow cuz i used to work there
besides, RA is not the best place to be doing some dumb shit

ck02wrx
05-31-2005, 01:36 AM
My knowledge on the WRX/Sti are improving with the help from Matt and Dan. I didn't know hardly anything about these cars. Before I bought my Sti, I had a hard time picking the car I wanted. It was between 3 cars that I liked.(Sti, Evo, and R32) I'm at the point where I'm going to do a motor swap in my Sti but, as tuning goes.....I don't even have clue. I decided to go with the Hydra but, I really wanted AEM but it doesn't come out until later this year. I don't know alot about the Hydra. How do you like it so far? Did it suck learning how to tune it?

I think you'll be better getting the Hydra. I looked at the Hydra and the AEM EMS and played with the software for both of them. The features are close on both but the Hydra has more load sites for finer tuning, great support, great base maps, AVCS control (the aem will have it), and is sold exclusively from Phil at Element Tuning who is one of the best (if not best) Subaru tuners in the country. You can buy them from a few other places but all Subaru and Evo Hydras come through Phil. The Hydra is easy to tune if you have tuned before. Any good tuner should not have a problem tuning the hydra even if it is their first time. If the tuner you plan on using hasn't tuned one yet, have them download the software from www.hydra-ems.com (http://www.hydra-ems.com) and read the tuning guides at www.elementtuing.com (http://www.elementtuing.com) . Good luck with everything the swap is pretty easy. I did mine myself over a weekend, although it was a little different since I swapped an EJ257 into a WRX. If you are going with 2.8, it should be based off of an EJ22T and the AVCS on the V7 and USDM STI heads are also different but the Hydra can be setup for the difference between the two.

Are you going woth a Crawford Block?

Sorry for getting OT. Any results with the GT30 on the EJ257? Does battle ground have a gt35r kit? I plan on going with a GT35R or the Element Tuning GT65 Kit (GT65 = Garret Turbo 65lb compressor) after I get a built block and cams.

Big Baller
05-31-2005, 08:34 AM
Yeah, Dan can build you a GT35R kit. Its the same kit with a bigger turbo.

I'm waiting on a dogbox right now, as soon as its in the car I am going to build a stroker motor, so I will have some results shortly.

I have an EJ22T block sitting in the basement right now just waiting.

As far as tuning goes, its just air fuel and timing, There are plenty of locals that have as much if not more skill than Phil. It still amazes me that people want to fly in tuners to tune their cars. I just dont get it.

Matt

Tracer
05-31-2005, 05:53 PM
Cko2wrx, thanks for your info. you gave me.

Yeah Batlground does build GT35r kits. They're putting one on my car. What's this GT65 kit? I don't know anything about that turbo. Like what numbers can it put out?

ck02wrx
06-01-2005, 02:09 AM
Cko2wrx, thanks for your info. you gave me.

Yeah Batlground does build GT35r kits. They're putting one on my car. What's this GT65 kit? I don't know anything about that turbo. Like what numbers can it put out?

Corrected
http://www.elementtuning.com/technical/Element%20GT65%20Race%20534HP%20copy.jpg
Uncorrected
http://www.elementtuning.com/technical/Element%20GT65%20Race%20553HP%20Uncorrected%20copy .jpg

30psi on race gas
Follow link for more info on other mods
http://www.elementtuning.com/elementtimeattack.htm

Tracer
06-01-2005, 03:35 PM
Hey thanks for giving me info on everything.

Big Baller
06-03-2005, 09:38 AM
Dont worry Jason The GT35R and a 150 shoot will take care of all your worries.

Matt

GTScoob
06-03-2005, 01:20 PM
I know that you guys have quoted $2000 for Batlground's kit.

What is included in that? Turbo, UP, DP, new header possibly?

Big Baller
06-05-2005, 11:08 AM
You will have to email dan for the exact specs, but here is what I belive it is going to include.

Upipe
Turbo
Oil and water lines for the turbo
downpipe
intercooler adapter pipe
intake pipe

You can email Dan about it and he will fill you in.

[email protected]

GTScoob
06-06-2005, 01:50 AM
Sounds like a good deal but I"m not really looking for a new turbo anytime soon. I'm going the suspension route now :D

MagicHallucinations
06-08-2005, 09:24 AM
what's up guys, my first post here, lol. i have some friends and family in ATL and i caught wind of this site. a friend of mine had his cougar tuned at battleground so i know of them.

anyways, i'm looking into an axis stage 2 motor(2.5lt) with the gt30r setup. seeing that battleground can take care of all that, install wise, do you guys think that the STi RA gears/tranny can handle that amount of power? obviously the stock wrx tranny would grenade itself but how would the STi's hold up?

2k for that turbo setup is the best i've seen so far.....i assume it's a custom up pipe/downpipe?

thanks, fantastic numbers btw!

Micah

Big Baller
06-08-2005, 10:44 AM
Micah,

Whats up man, my car was parked next to your buddys cougar at HIN.

The RA gearset probally isnt going to be enough, you might want to think about a dog box or maybe a helical cut gearset. The STI Tranny might hold up but, the gear ratios suck, with a PPG gearset you can get what ever ratios you want.I can get you a good deal on a gearset through Batlground and Gearboxtech.com.

Your car will be a beast with the 2.5, gt30r, and a good gearbox. HOLD ON

If you stop by Batlground this week I will probally be there, you can check out the car etc..

Matt

edit:
I see you are in NC. The next time you are down this way, give batlground a call, They know my number, Ill be happy to bring the suby by the shop so you can check it out.

MagicHallucinations
06-08-2005, 10:59 AM
i'm actually coming in this weekend(11th) to hang out with George. my parents just moved down to ATL so i'll be a frequent visitor.

i've seen George's HIN pics, that's a big beautiful mattress you have strapped to the front :D i would love to check it out in person though.

M

Big Baller
06-08-2005, 11:48 AM
i'm actually coming in this weekend(11th) to hang out with George. my parents just moved down to ATL so i'll be a frequent visitor.

i've seen George's HIN pics, that's a big beautiful mattress you have strapped to the front :D i would love to check it out in person though.

M

Ill PM you my phone number, give me a ring when your down here we can go grab some lunch and check out the car etc..

Matt