PDA

View Full Version : Fuk Gossett

SPL_Jetta
03-10-2006, 01:22 PM
I took my car there for a CEL, and now they want to reflash my ECU so they can "start" the diagnosis, and find out what to fix. Its going to Cost me 186 bucks to do something that might not even fix the damn problem. Now I have to take it back over to EPG once they unflashed it to add X+ on now so that i can get my monies worth of the damn chip. I really hate dealerships

Decker1.8t
03-10-2006, 06:27 PM
uh... don't do that. My cousin has a VAG-COM. If you want, we can scan it and get the codes. save you time and money. Let me know.

4dmin
03-10-2006, 08:07 PM
ya man EPG can scan ya for codes as well

SPL_Jetta
03-11-2006, 12:49 AM
Well I know the codes that my ECU is throwing, i just dont know what exactly is causing the problem, i was hoping VW would be able to know exactly what is causing the problem because maybe they have seen it before, but they have to go through a standard replacement set-up. I might just let EPG handle it completely

Chuckster
03-11-2006, 07:18 AM
lol, the last time i had my car their, the service writer had told me the tech said my car was going up to 21psi and he was not sure if that was normal. Then he said we cant do nothing to the car b/c it has an aftermarket diverter vavle. Then tried to get me to get a stock one installed for $360. I was like what? that takes like 10mins to change out and that part is like $30. He gave me a stupid look. I gave him one back said alright whatever, gimme my car, PEACE!

4dmin
03-11-2006, 07:51 AM
^ 360$ bahhh :lmao:

Allstar3.8T
03-11-2006, 09:58 AM
There are alot of local fellas w/ VAG-Com that'll scan and clear for free at the Varsity if you ask them nice. Get on the SE Vortex and ask around. Screw dealers...DHVW is the best, but thats still a hassle.