PDA

View Full Version : Misc Breakdancing

Brut
03-10-2006, 10:03 AM
I know theres another thread that says something about breakdancing. But it included skateboarding. So basically I have been practicing breakdancing for a good while maybe like 8 months so far I think Ive done fairly well. Just post up the moves your able to do and all. The moves I have been able to do fairly well is the windmill(i cant make it continous)I can do freeze's, 6 step( not that fast though), just the basic swipe nothing like master swipes or air swipes. I have been practicing the hand spin( not doing very well on it) or aka hand glide. :)

The Golden Child
03-10-2006, 01:53 PM
well before i broke my hand i used to do flares, mills, head spins, 90's, 2000's air swipes, basic freeze like chair freeze baby freeze some air freezes, basic floor work like 6 steps and 4 steps and some fancy stuff, holla backs ..

my best combos i did was :

air swipe to mills to flares ..
basic floor work to freezes to holla back ..

before i broke my hand i was working on air flares ..
also a combo of air swipes to mills to flares to mills to head spins ..

hopefully after a good year or so ill be back again to break ..

IntegraXTR
03-10-2006, 05:35 PM
I can still do windmills, nutcracker, and 1 flare, I was working on airtracks a while back but gave up due to smoking.....smoking and breaking doesn't mix

Brut
03-11-2006, 11:11 AM
i wish i could do flares

The Golden Child
03-11-2006, 12:06 PM
I can still do windmills, nutcracker, and 1 flare, I was working on airtracks a while back but gave up due to smoking.....smoking and breaking doesn't mix

not true i smoke and was still breaking ..

i was breaking on and off since i was 12 ..

The Golden Child
03-11-2006, 12:08 PM
flares are pretty easy ..
just have 2 build upper body strength for it ..
i tryed doing some flares yesterday with my hand being broken ..
was not good at all so i wrapped my hand with some heat pads ..

The Golden Child
03-11-2006, 12:13 PM
Bacon - can you rock ? cause thats the basic if you cant flow with the beat it just looks horrible ..

Brut
03-11-2006, 08:39 PM
yea top rock was basically the first thing i attempted to learn. i didn't bother posting it because i didn't think that it was that important

Brut
03-11-2006, 08:42 PM
The only way I am learning to break is from watching instructional videos and breakdancing videos or reading step by step instructions. the people that go to my school and break speak very little english and they arnt very good at it either.

evokenny
03-12-2006, 08:03 AM
yeah ive breaking for about 4 years now....im in R.O.C. crew. im more of style than power moves...but ive got all the basics down and various power moves

EJ25RUN
03-12-2006, 08:09 AM
i live on sites like

style2ouf.com (http://www.style2ouf.com/english/videos/index.php)

and chelles battle pro 2005 (http://chellesbattlepro2005.free.fr/strm/media.php)

still a newb, but practice everyday.

need to work up more upperbody strenght to get more moves.

IntegraXTR
03-12-2006, 12:09 PM
not true i smoke and was still breaking ..

i was breaking on and off since i was 12 ..

I'm talking about a different smoking....... :rolleyes:

The Golden Child
03-13-2006, 10:29 AM
I'm talking about a different smoking....... :rolleyes:

so am i .. ahahahaha but i stopped years ago ..

wrekonize
06-08-2006, 04:57 PM
i use to break not so much now i'm from houston texas i moved like 4 years ago i hanged out with this crew named havikoro and this guy moy showed me a little. i could do all the windmills- nutcrackes, halos, supermans, crunches,
and all type of headspin toetouches,opened, balled, drills, forevers.
other power moves like 2000, 90s, swipes, flares, handspins, demonwalks, still working on airtracks.

The Golden Child
06-08-2006, 05:13 PM
i use to break not so much now i'm from houston texas i moved like 4 years ago i hanged out with this crew named havikoro and this guy moy showed me a little. i could do all the windmills- nutcrackes, halos, supermans, crunches,
and all type of headspin toetouches,opened, balled, drills, forevers.
other power moves like 2000, 90s, swipes, flares, handspins, demonwalks, still working on airtracks.

yea moy is gewd but i like lil jons style ..

DnBmama05
06-08-2006, 05:35 PM
breakdancing is hot... as crazy as that sounds... BBoys in general are hot... i've tried to learn a few moves myself... mainly just a 3 step and a 6 step... top rock of course... i've been wanting to go to breaklanta when it comes around, but i haven't had the chance. i don't have any time to practice though since i had my son so i'm not too great at what i do know.

Wurm
06-08-2006, 10:03 PM
My breakdancing video (http://youtube.com/watch?v=lFipt5HUq1k&search=worm%20visa)

Z33_kid
06-08-2006, 10:45 PM
yall attend breaklanta ? www.breaklanta.com tere's a competition also tis month

Z33_kid
06-08-2006, 11:17 PM
Loose screws 9 june 24 at the relapse theather atlanta ga

Romeyo07
06-09-2006, 06:21 AM
I'd break a little back when I was clubbin' but after tearing my ACL I gave it up. I still fake the funk a little around the house when that commercial comes on. Grafitti was my element of Hip Hop. I still have some break mix cd's I made. What do you guys break to?

Romeyo07
06-09-2006, 06:24 AM
breakdancing is hot... as crazy as that sounds... BBoys in general are hot... i've tried to learn a few moves myself... mainly just a 3 step and a 6 step... top rock of course... i've been wanting to go to breaklanta when it comes around, but i haven't had the chance. i don't have any time to practice though since i had my son so i'm not too great at what i do know.

I've known like 3 BGirls in my life. That being said, I hope you get into it more.

The Golden Child
06-10-2006, 12:14 PM
I've known like 3 BGirls in my life. That being said, I hope you get into it more.

yea i know alot of bgirls back home * NY *

The Golden Child
06-10-2006, 12:15 PM
I'd break a little back when I was clubbin' but after tearing my ACL I gave it up. I still fake the funk a little around the house when that commercial comes on. Grafitti was my element of Hip Hop. I still have some break mix cd's I made. What do you guys break to?

i break to anything i can funk with ..

ZULU CHANT - used to roll with zulu back in the days ..
freestyle 80's
james brown
i actually had a list of songs cause tracy needed some back in the day ..