PDA

View Full Version : I am proud of my truck this evening...

DJ XtRaK©
03-09-2006, 11:21 PM
Well since there is alot of sport car stories i think its time for a truck story. This evening at about 11:30 i was driving home from circuit city on 400. well just after the exit 8 off ramp going south i saw a peterbuilt work truck (for all that road construction they are doing) stuck in the median in some deep ass mud. well i decided to give a hand. the dude was alone with a stuck truck and a bulldozer, i figured he could get the truck out with it, but no. the thing was about to flip. so i hook the straps up front of the truck and he pushes from the rear. after about 5 minutes of 4 wheel drive low and a shitload of smoke...the truck was free from the muck. the guy was real cool and passed me a 40 spot. ive got one picture and its of my truck (the big light blur) and the stuck truck. DAMN IM PROUD!!!!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y157/djxtrak/OWNED.jpg

Flip
03-09-2006, 11:29 PM
Nice man :) speaks highly of your truck!

DJ XtRaK©
03-09-2006, 11:41 PM
yes yes, shes a beast!

5thgcelica
03-09-2006, 11:42 PM
damn man. and thats not a small truck either!

:goodjob:

rickgiblin
03-09-2006, 11:44 PM
dam, congrats... good thing you did also, helping someone out in need.

ALVIN
03-09-2006, 11:45 PM
damn at least you stopped and helped...i know a lot of people that would have been like "that sucks" and went about on their way...bet you burnt up some tire lol

DJ XtRaK©
03-09-2006, 11:45 PM
dam, congrats... good thing you did also, helping someone out in need.

yeah the guy wouldnt stop thanking me....he said he would get in some deep shit for it if they found out

J Shits
03-09-2006, 11:54 PM
way to pull out sir keep up the good werk :goodjob:

DJ XtRaK©
03-09-2006, 11:56 PM
thanks yalls

thinkfast®
03-10-2006, 12:07 AM
DEEP SHIT FTW DUMB SON OF A BITCH!! LOL TELL ME AGAIN!!

ALVIN
03-10-2006, 12:11 AM
DEEP SHIT FTW DUMB SON OF A BITCH!!

DJ XtRaK©
03-10-2006, 12:15 AM
DEEP SHIT FTW DUMB SON OF A BITCH!!
repost

ALVIN
03-10-2006, 12:16 AM
lol

Seymour222
03-10-2006, 12:17 AM
Awesome. Like to see good people doing good things.

EJ25RUN
03-10-2006, 12:22 AM
Nissan trucks 4 life

collins
03-10-2006, 07:01 AM
lol YOUR LITTLE NISSAN pulled THAT BIG SON OF A BITCH out of a mud hole? lol if it wasnt for the pics, i wouldnt believe it!

tony
03-10-2006, 09:21 AM
Damn now that I got a truck I can only dream of situations like this, except the person that is stuck is a attractive woman that is very thankful.. :idb:

Thats cool though, I could only imagine the feeling on your way home knowing your truck was able to do that.

DJ XtRaK©
03-10-2006, 09:34 AM
Damn now that I got a truck I can only dream of situations like this, except the person that is stuck is a attractive woman that is very thankful.. :idb:

Thats cool though, I could only imagine the feeling on your way home knowing your truck was able to do that.

i felt pretty damn impressed...if it wasnt for my air lockers i dunno if he woulda gotten out...

CopyRight
03-10-2006, 09:41 AM
I'm sorry....V6 Frontiers have 284 ft lbs of tq, believe it or not, the bulldozer did all the work. The smallest Semi truck's dry weight is 11,731lbs roughly. Yeah, it was nice of you to stop and strap up...but let's just say you maybe provided 1% of pulling power vs the bulldozer pushing. I'm not even factoring in the extra weight the mud played with the truck stuck in it. Plus, what kind of strap were you using? What was it rated at? because that would have been tore apart if you were actually providing any actual power. I'm not trying to knock your truck....but reality is a bitch.

HiPSI
03-10-2006, 10:02 AM
I'm sorry....V6 Frontiers have 284 ft lbs of tq, believe it or not, the bulldozer did all the work. The smallest Semi truck's dry weight is 11,731lbs roughly. Yeah, it was nice of you to stop and strap up...but let's just say you maybe provided 1% of pulling power vs the bulldozer pushing. I'm not even factoring in the extra weight the mud played with the truck stuck in it. Plus, what kind of strap were you using? What was it rated at? because that would have been tore apart if you were actually providing any actual power. I'm not trying to knock your truck....but reality is a bitch.

actually his is the earlier truck rated ~ 170hp/210ft-lbs (don't think his is the supercharged model). but, 4Low gearing multiplies the torque heavily so it was doing more work than you think. my little V6 chevy in 4Low would barely hold itself in place with the trans in drive and a 5000lb trailer behind it while standing on the brakes, then i pulled up some nice steep ramps without even touching the gas pedal (still tugging the trailer). most nylon tow straps i've seen in the 2-3" width range from 30000 to 60000lb tensile strength.

speedminded
03-10-2006, 10:06 AM
yo matt, lemme go borrow my old land rover then we can play a little tug-a-war for the camera :D I always loved going on on icey/snow days and pulling people out of the ditches for $10-20 :)

CopyRight
03-10-2006, 10:08 AM
actually his is the earlier truck rated ~ 170hp/210ft-lbs (don't think his is the supercharged model). but, 4Low gearing multiplies the torque heavily so it was doing more work than you think. my little V6 chevy in 4Low would barely hold itself in place with the trans in drive and a 5000lb trailer behind it while standing on the brakes, then i pulled up some nice steep ramps without even touching the gas pedal (still tugging the trailer).

yeah, but even you ditched your frontier for a Chevy. 4L does make a big difference to 210lbs of tq, but we're talking about a Semi that's dug into the MUD. 11,XXX lbs + the additional pull of mud = I dont he was the little truck that could. 5000lb trailer is still alot lighter than a 11,xxxlb truck stuck in mud.

I've seen plenty of rigs with built motors, unable to pull a Wrangler out of some mud.

The Golden Child
03-10-2006, 10:10 AM
good job man ..
the fact is he helped out with a guy who was stuck ..

speedminded
03-10-2006, 10:12 AM
yeah, but even you ditched your frontier for a Chevy. 4L does make a big difference to 210lbs of tq, but we're talking about a Semi that's dug into the MUD. 11,XXX lbs + the additional pull of mud = I dont he was the little truck that could. 5000lb trailer is still alot lighter than a 11,xxxlb truck stuck in mud.

I've seen plenty of rigs with built motors, unable to pull a Wrangler out of some mud.*embarassed* but had a 2wd 4door tracker pull my landrover out of a hole that was molding deep, i had 6" of mud on the roof (the roof rack was completely caked). Tossed the michelin's and bought the mudder's the next week ;)

CopyRight
03-10-2006, 10:17 AM
*embarassed* but had a 2wd 4door tracker pull my landrover out of a hole that was molding deep, i had 6" of mud on the roof (the roof rack was completely caked). Tossed the michelin's and bought the mudder's the next week ;)

haha, off topic....but I'm being dead serious about it. I've seen more Discovery's stuck than any other vehicle. Wether it's the pumpkin getting stuck up on a rut, or just getting bogged down in the muck or water. We use to always invite this guy to go wheelin with us, he had a 96 Discovery w/OME 3"lift and some MTR's, but he'd always get stuck. He would always talk up a big game about being the Ultimate Offroad SUV, but no matter how many times we went, he'd somehow get stuck by getting hung up or just digging in.

aaronfelipe
03-10-2006, 10:26 AM
Is it the supercharged edition?

HiPSI
03-10-2006, 12:08 PM
yeah, but even you ditched your frontier for a Chevy. 4L does make a big difference to 210lbs of tq,

needed a full length bed and a little better towing cap. (unfortunately my fronty was a 5spd so rated only 3500lbs towing).

MongolPup
03-10-2006, 12:11 PM
mad props.

you helped a guy, and your one of the people that actually USES their truck.

speedminded
03-10-2006, 01:36 PM
haha, off topic....but I'm being dead serious about it. I've seen more Discovery's stuck than any other vehicle. Wether it's the pumpkin getting stuck up on a rut, or just getting bogged down in the muck or water. We use to always invite this guy to go wheelin with us, he had a 96 Discovery w/OME 3"lift and some MTR's, but he'd always get stuck. He would always talk up a big game about being the Ultimate Offroad SUV, but no matter how many times we went, he'd somehow get stuck by getting hung up or just digging in.Mud doesn't seem to be their strong point at all (even with my relatively skinny tires (245 maxxis mudders) rarely could get down to a solid base before it would bottom out...can crawl the hell out of rocks and banks though while being smoother than just about any pickup or jeep (never had the big ass diffs stuck on anything...no reason someone can't maneuver their vehicle well enough to prevent that).

I wanna build a turbo diesel D90 :)

fawk_you
03-10-2006, 01:39 PM
doing good deeds left and right. :goodjob: :)

CopyRight
03-10-2006, 01:47 PM
Mud doesn't seem to be their strong point at all (even with my relatively skinny tires (245 maxxis mudders) rarely could get down to a solid base before it would bottom out...can crawl the hell out of rocks and banks though while being smoother than just about any pickup or jeep (never had the big ass diffs stuck on anything...no reason someone can't maneuver their vehicle well enough to prevent that).

I wanna build a turbo diesel D90 :)

I'd love a Defender 90, but I'd take a FJ40 first.

IndianStig
03-10-2006, 02:04 PM
goodjob man. seems that the frontier must be strong as hell if it can do that.

speedminded
03-10-2006, 02:08 PM
I'd love a Defender 90, but I'd take a FJ40 first.Mmm...40. I saw a mint condition FJ45 pickup being trailered up 85 earlier this week.

On that note, I've been looking forever for pics of the widebody FJ40 built by some software guys in silicon valley. They cut it right down the center and added 6" to the width...completely redoing everything perfectly spending nearly a million $$$ to complete. It was in Car & Driver several years ago yet cannot find it anywhere?!!!

DJ XtRaK©
03-10-2006, 02:37 PM
ok, my truck did help alot. dont you think that the truck would have been out of that hole way before i got there if the cat did all the work? i mean it was 1130 at night while it was pouring rain. the cat arm lifted the rear of the peterbuilt truck up while i pulled the truck forward. the strap i used was an arb strap. im not sure what its rated at but i know that it did help alot with it.