PDA

View Full Version : IA terms of use

RandomGuy
03-09-2006, 03:27 PM
IA gets a serious negative rep point

Terms
Updated Wed, Feb 16, 2005

Registration on Our Site:
Importatlanta.com requires users who want to participate in our message board to register. In order to register, you must provide us with a username (which does not have to be your real name), password and a valid e-mail address. This allows us to protect our community from abusive postings and provides a verifiable point of contact should legal questions arise. At any time, you have the ability to keep your e-mail address hidden from other users by selecting that option within your user profile.When you register, you have the option of providing some additional information such as occupation, interests, and homepage URL. This optional information is made available to other bulletin or message board users to foster a sense of community. If you have any concerns about providing this information, simply leave the fields blank and your registration will still be processed. IF YOU ARE UNDER 18 YEARS OF AGE you are not allowed to participate in the Importatlanta.com Forums, or to provide any personal information on our site. Upon registering at Importatlanta.com you agree to all terms of our privacy statement. If at anytime you decided to leave IA you still are bound to this privacy statement. We at IA do not delete user accounts, but we can at anytime lock or ban your account at your request. If we find that you have broken any of the rules of the forum listed below, we at IA reserve the right to lock or ban your account/IP address until we see fit. If you have any questions about registering on our site please email: [email protected]

Rules on Message Boards:
It is important for you to remain aware that when you provide personal information (e.g., last name, address, phone number) in a posting on any message board, that information is available to any other person or user having access and use of that message board, and may be used by someone in a manner unintended by you. For that reason, we discourage you from offering any personally identifying information within a posting to any message board. IA uses Mods or moderators to watch our forums for post that we do not want on our site. These Mods or moderators are not paid nor do they work for IA, but they do have a say in how the forum runs. Any post that any IA Staff member or Mod finds that needs to be deleted, edited, or locked will be. No reason is needed to do so. Types of post that fall into this would be: bashing IA Staff / Mods / Members / - Sponsors, extreme language/hostility, threats, pics of illegal nature, post of illegal activities/products, and anything else that may confilct with any laws, etc...

*** Importatlanta.com Staff or Mods are not responsible for what is posted or done by any Staff Member/Mod/User/Sponsor that might affect you emotionally, mentally, or physically. This is a FREE PUBLIC forum, eveything that can be thought of or done in public and more is normally acceptable on our site under the Rules of the Message Board. Everyone has opinions, sometimes they are not the same as you or I, but everyone is entitled to them; unless they confilct with our rules. If at anytime you feel offended by something on IA it is up to you to contact an IA staff member or leave the site. ***
Contact for Inquiries:
If you have any questions about the Terms or other questions about Importatlanta.com, please contact:[email protected]

Importatlanta.com is Privately owned and operated.
Site Maitained By 5pointStudios.com
Site Hosted By WireSix.com
Message Board Provided By vBULLETIN and
maintained by Importatlanta.com's Moderators and Administrators.
2001- 2006
Reagards,
Julio Morillo
Founder/Owner

(Updated Feb. 16th, 2005,,, changed some wording and added some statement. This update will be posted on the message board.)

Types of post that fall into this would be: bashing IA Staff / Mods / Members / - Sponsors, extreme language/hostility, threats, pics of illegal nature, post of illegal activities/products, and anything else that may confilct with any laws, etc...

What constitutes bashing a sponsor... Facts were stated... You draw your own conclusion. He was simply stating his experience with a given company, which also happened to be a site sponsor.

A person taking a 10k loss... or a site cutting the string on a sponsor with unethical business practices.

Bishop
03-09-2006, 03:28 PM
i didnt see any bashing....

Sledlude
03-09-2006, 03:29 PM
word.

RandomGuy
03-09-2006, 03:31 PM
ironically this is in the same terms of use agreement:

Everyone has opinions, sometimes they are not the same as you or I, but everyone is entitled to them; unless they confilct with our rules. If at anytime you feel offended by something on IA it is up to you to contact an IA staff member or leave the site. ***
meaning everyone can have an opinion, as long it doesn't conflict with ours... lol Wtf contradictory statement.

NzProjeKt
03-09-2006, 03:33 PM
If you guys want to know whats up .. why dont you call Mahdavi ?

1st Off, Once shit start getting into LEGAL shit, We do not want a part of it.

2nd, If this Person has already contacted a lawyer is best of him to keep this on the LOW LOW until the air clears and everything is settled.

3rd, This is not the 1st time Someone post something that later involved Lawyers and other shit. Guess what? They wanted information from IA.com.. Guess what , I dont want to deal with that shit.

So if some of you want to find out Contact Seymour's friend or Mahdavi and find out for yourself.

Easy enough.

THREAD FAILURE HASAN!!

Julio
03-09-2006, 03:33 PM

meaning everyone can have an opinion, as long it doesn't conflict with ours... lol Wtf contradictory statement.

After all this time I thought you were a little brighter...

Go back and read your own Post and then figure it out. ;)

Bishop
03-09-2006, 03:35 PM

you missed the key work there chief... RULES...comes right after that "..."

4dmin
03-09-2006, 03:36 PM
No incorrect... it is a friends car as stated and first post stated DO NO BUY FROM... that is shop bashing you can not take anything for fact b/c you nor i know the exact truth to the situation.

1) not his car
2) no signitures on anything
3) quoteing shop owners and he wasn't there

I'M NOT CALLING THE GUY A LIAR BUT THERE BETTER WAYS TO POST UP ABOUT THINGS... SORRY YES THEY ARE A SITE SPONSOR AND THEY DO HAVE SOME CLOUT ON HERE I KNOW MANY MM SUPPORTS AND I MYSELF HAVE HAD WORK DONE THERE. I HAVE NEVER HAD ANYTHING BUT GOOD THINGS TO SAY ABOUT THEM. DO THEY CHARGE TOP DOLLAR... YOU GET WHAT YA PAY FOR IN MY EYES.

thinkfast®
After all this time I thought you were a little brighter...

Go back and read your own Post and then figure it out. ;)

Julio FTW!!!

as shitty as it may sound to ya, Julio's right... thats the site rules, you don't like it, godaddy.com is callin you :D

I dealt with a situation like this before, involving me, I just took a step back, and left the site for good... 5 years gone but fuk em :lmfao:

The Golden Child
FTW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RandomGuy
03-09-2006, 03:38 PM
lol i thought u were smarter than that whiteboy...
by rules it's referring to the whole "bashing a sponsor" clause. You are entitled to your own opinion... post up bad business practices by whoever... But if a company, no matter how incompetant, posts up a few $'s to IA, anything negative representing the company is censored? That doesn't sound right. IA still owns IL, but damn that was low.... that was a super legitimate post on seymours behalf... and im sure once you say you wont furnish any evidence for court, they wont ask again.

Julio
03-09-2006, 03:38 PM

:lmfao: thanks.

B16a2 Civic
03-09-2006, 03:41 PM
i aint gon lie, Paul and Julio came with teh strong arm in this thread

thinkfast®
03-09-2006, 03:42 PM
RUFFNECK TACTICS FTW!!

RandomGuy
03-09-2006, 03:43 PM
i aint gon lie, Paul and Julio came with teh strong arm in this thread
its all good... surely it was all going by the terms of service... Which is to be expected... but damn this situation.... Dude is out 10k (if he aint lying)

Anyways i dont want to post no more.... lol dont want to be blacklisted or anything but...

Bishop
03-09-2006, 03:44 PM
^lol

B16a2 Civic
03-09-2006, 03:45 PM
but see RandomGuy, i interpreted the rules the same, but now they have been clarified