PDA

View Full Version : Drop Zone coilovers ????

Mpatient
03-09-2006, 11:54 AM
Yo how does everyone feel about dropzone coilovers, , they have a very high sring rate, and they are really cheap. so what do you all think are the down sides?

BLk92DA
03-09-2006, 12:23 PM
i used to have a set on my old accord. it was better than i thought it would be. if you're going for daily driving no hard cornering or whatever, they should do. but if you want something better that can handle, i suggest u get something better.

Mpatient
03-09-2006, 12:25 PM
i used to have a set on my old accord. it was better than i thought it would be. if you're going for daily driving no hard cornering or whatever, they should do. but if you want something better that can handle, i suggest u get something better.

yeah there are for my DD and I don't really plan on doing any autocross in the near future so maybe they will work for now.

also what do you think about Tokico full adjustable shocks and srping? hope I spelled that right>

B16a2 Civic
03-09-2006, 12:27 PM
i use my car as a DD, and i love my ground control, get you some good shocks and your good to know.
also if you ever consider it, if you do air ride, go with godfathers air struts, i have that as well, and its just as smooth as Ground Control

speedminded
03-09-2006, 01:10 PM
Yo how does everyone feel about dropzone coilovers, , they have a very high sring rate, and they are really cheap. so what do you all think are the down sides?
What is the spring rate?

Mpatient
03-09-2006, 01:32 PM
What is the spring rate?

400 front
350 rear

speedminded
03-09-2006, 01:38 PM
400 front
350 rearNot too bad, maybe a little light on the front for such a heavy car but still definitely need a decent shock to keep up with it. We have some 1300+lbs springs from the World Challenge prelude laying around ;)

Mpatient
03-09-2006, 01:41 PM
Not too bad, maybe a little light on the front for such a heavy car but still definitely need a decent shock to keep up with it. We have some 1300+lbs springs from the World Challenge prelude laying around ;)

oh yeah :D
coilover set or just springs??

speedminded
03-09-2006, 01:51 PM
oh yeah :D
coilover set or just springs??just springs sorry...never really been into full coil-over dampener's for the racecars...just a high quality adjustable shock with a coil-over sleeve design and springs to match. Some of the setups we're running are over $1k per corner then testing springs for years leads to alot of extra's left over. The 'lude was quick, over 150mph in the back stretch at Road Atlanta. There may be one of the shock sets left, i know the ones that were last taken off the car have remote resovoirs and are a lil pricey. Got one of the engines left though, fully built H22 head and h23 block putting out near 260whp.