PDA

View Full Version : need help

flysi00
03-07-2005, 08:53 AM
so for the past few days i have been looking to get some tein coil overs just dont know which ones to get so for the mean time i have tein springs and KYB adj's . what should i sent my KYBs at for drifting ? if i dont get my teins in by then thanks Jon

CodyW
03-07-2005, 11:26 AM
at the last event, i played around with some of the stiffer settings on my AGX's and had pretty good luck (was running 7 on both rears and i think i eventually bumped them all the way to 8).

flysi00
03-07-2005, 04:05 PM
thanks man what do u think i should do for daliy driving ?

seraphus
03-07-2005, 04:21 PM
For drift, you should go fuckin' nuts on the compression dampening, and let it rebound as eaisely as it can... (The opposite of what is ideal for traction racing, and you will get more of the 'secondary motion' that is integral to drift, similar affects to stretching tires and overpressuring them.)
your 240's gonna have a lot more understeering tennancy than I was used to in my corolla, so you might do well to sway bar the everlovingshit out of the rear (I've seen guys hose-clamp two stock swaybars together and call it done)

Daily driving? Well, leave the settings for drift specs and get a police scanner and a lucky rabbit's foot.

CodyW
03-07-2005, 04:40 PM
i keep them on 4 for most daily use

HiPSI
03-07-2005, 10:10 PM
do a drift day and play with them. do a session with one setting, then change something for the next.

flysi00
03-07-2005, 10:13 PM
erin when is the next drift day ? and do u think u could give me some tips on how to drift and stuff

HiPSI
03-07-2005, 10:28 PM
erin when is the next drift day ? and do u think u could give me some tips on how to drift and stuff

www.southeastdrift.com and join the forum there. SEDA's first event will be "lucky slides" on the 20th of this month at atlanta dragway. price is a little steep @ $110, but $35 of that is joining SEDA and being able to get into future events without paying membership fees, and you get a t-shirt and SEDA logos for your car. the money is being put to good use though, to set up more local events so future events will be about $75 for members.

and if you come out i will definitely do ridealongs with you and give you some pointers, and let you ride along with me if you want.

flysi00
03-08-2005, 10:42 AM
thanks man alot im going to go sign up now

seraphus
03-08-2005, 12:42 PM
if you're respectful of the other people at SCCA events, you can get a few runs for a lot cheaper, espically if you can make it to the Test'n'Tune.
If you show up like an asshat, and just go plowing through cones and doing burnouts towards course workers, they're gonna get displeased.

Normal Novice Schools or Test'n'Tunes generally have a couple long sweepers that are good at learning feint-into and understeer-to-power-over transitions, as well as some tight boxes to work at continual drift execution (fishtail through a chicago box), then a really tight 180 to kick it loose like a hooligan... (And all for $50 bones). Laugh with the serious SCCA people and try not to be a coneslayer and you'll have a great time... but I will warn you, they aren't a big fan of drifters, in the same way they look down their conedodging nose at everyone else.

flysi00
03-08-2005, 08:54 PM
hey erin what kind of sturt bars and sway bars i think i should get ?

HiPSI
03-09-2005, 09:01 AM
hey erin what kind of sturt bars and sway bars i think i should get ?

i run crappy ebay STB's and stock sways, my car slides fine.

flysi00
03-09-2005, 10:51 AM
oh ok cuz im getting LSD will the ebay lower sturt bar fit with the LSD ?