PDA

View Full Version : Misc World baseball classic

HyPer50
03-08-2006, 05:36 PM
Anybody been watching any of these games? I'm normally not too into baseball, but i've caught a few games so far and you gotta love the emotion in these games. Saw Dominican republic vs. Venezuela yesterday, Cuba vs. Panama which was an awesome game today, and now I'm watchin' USA vs. Canada, which started off as a blow out by Canada 8-0, but after a great 5th inning it's 8-6 now.. Just wonderin' if anyone else has been catching any of the games. Very cool to watch this rather than the normal boring spring training games.

Jaimecbr900
03-08-2006, 07:58 PM
What channel is it showing on?

Julio
03-08-2006, 08:22 PM
bhwhahahhhhahah canada beat the U.S wtf is up with that ? Pull all the spanish guys of the U.S.A and they suck! hahahahhahahhaha

Is between Cuba - Dominican Republic OR Puerto Rico...

Jaimecbr900
03-08-2006, 08:39 PM
what freaking channel you dogs......

Julio
03-08-2006, 08:55 PM
ESPN 2 show some games.

HyPer50
03-09-2006, 07:47 AM
Ya, it's mostly on ESPN and ESPN 2. After seeing the Dominican republic the other day, I'd have to give them my vote to win. Every player on the team just about is an allstar.

I have no clue what happened to team USA in the first 5 innings, but they were getting killed early.. It got close tho. They play South Africa on friday i believe, with Roger Clemens starting.

HyPer50
03-09-2006, 07:51 AM
bhwhahahhhhahah canada beat the U.S wtf is up with that ? Pull all the spanish guys of the U.S.A and they suck! hahahahhahahhaha

Is between Cuba - Dominican Republic OR Puerto Rico...

Havent seen Puerto Rico games yet, but DR was very impressive vs. Venezuela the other day. I'd actually think they have a better chance than Cuba, but we'll see. I just can't figure out why half the games are played after midnight EST. America vs. South Africa is coming on at 2am friday and it's being played in Arizona... oh well lol.

HyPer50
03-10-2006, 10:54 PM
LMFAO, Team USA beat South Africa 17-0 in the 5th inning (stopped game due to "mercy" rule).. so now Team USA and Mexico from pool d move on to round 2.

Julio
03-11-2006, 07:50 AM
LMFAO, Team USA beat South Africa 17-0 in the 5th inning (stopped game due to "mercy" rule).. so now Team USA and Mexico from pool d move on to round 2.

bhwhahahahha South Africa...

quickdodgeŽ
03-12-2006, 08:38 AM
The only person S.A. probably had was Dikembe Mutombo. Lolol. Later, QD.

HyPer50
03-12-2006, 11:54 AM
USA vs. Japan today at 4pm. Not sure what the rules are in the 2nd round.. if it's instant elimination or double elimination.

SilverBullet
03-13-2006, 11:43 AM
Korea will win it all.

Jaimecbr900
03-13-2006, 09:16 PM
I haven't kept up with it, but watching PR vs Venezuela right now. Venezuela is leading 2-0.

What is PR's record so far? Usually we are really good.

HyPer50
03-13-2006, 09:48 PM
I haven't kept up with it, but watching PR vs Venezuela right now. Venezuela is leading 2-0.

What is PR's record so far? Usually we are really good.

Not sure what there overall record is, but I believe they beat Dominican Republic yesterday which is very impressive since the DR team is basically a MLB allstar team.

SilverBullet
03-14-2006, 01:21 AM
South Korea 7 - USA 3, Somebody has to agree that Korea has a chance to win it all even though we haven' played any of the powerhouse Latin American teams.

HyPer50
03-14-2006, 11:14 AM
I missed the game, but I'd say the favorite's would either have to be Dominican Republic or Puerto Rico.. Thats like all they have down there, aside from soccer lol. Korea atleast has ping pong lol j/k

Jaimecbr900
03-14-2006, 01:56 PM
I missed the game, but I'd say the favorite's would either have to be Dominican Republic or Puerto Rico.. Thats like all they have down there, aside from soccer lol. Korea atleast has ping pong lol j/k

"we" don't play soccer in PR, I believe you are thinking of Mexico. :lmfao:

Puerto Rico has excellent professional quality athletes in other sports too. Basketball, Volleyball, and Boxing are three quick ones that come to mind.

They got their asses kicked by Venezuela last night though. The grandslam put the final nail in the coffin. I think that makes all 4 teams in their division 1-1, which means they all have to win to stay in. I believe PR plays Cuba and Venezuela gets DR.

HyPer50
03-14-2006, 02:58 PM
"we" don't play soccer in PR, I believe you are thinking of Mexico. :lmfao:

Puerto Rico has excellent professional quality athletes in other sports too. Basketball, Volleyball, and Boxing are three quick ones that come to mind.

They got their asses kicked by Venezuela last night though. The grandslam put the final nail in the coffin. I think that makes all 4 teams in their division 1-1, which means they all have to win to stay in. I believe PR plays Cuba and Venezuela gets DR.

racial profiling strikes IA again! ok ok I admit, I've never been to puerto rico, or know what sports they have down there lol. Anyways, regardless, all of the latin american teams seem to be very skilled in baseball for whatever reason. dominican republic, cuba, puerto rico, all very impressive. but oh well... Team USA rocks them tho lol.

Julio
03-14-2006, 06:38 PM
VENEZUELA VS DR on Right now on ESPN 2 2nd inning, DR up 1 to 0

Jaimecbr900
03-15-2006, 04:02 PM
^^^Who won that game?

When does PR play Cuba?

HyPer50
03-15-2006, 05:21 PM
Dominican Republic beat Venezuela 2-1. The Puerto Rico/Cuba game is tonight at 7... but I'm havin' trouble finding it on my TV... soooo I guess it's probably comin' on the spanish ESPN, Deportes or whatever its called... sucks,I really wanted to see it too.

CALIWEST
03-20-2006, 12:50 PM
i am mad korea lost in the semifinals..but then again it is hard to beat a team 3 times in a row...fukin japan

Jaimecbr900
03-20-2006, 03:14 PM
Freaking PR has the Braves syndrome.....play good as hell all the way up to when it really counts, then they choke. That bites.

CALIWEST
03-20-2006, 03:19 PM
the finals is a real disappointment...was looking forward to seeing dominican republic against korea...

wat makes me mad is that korea is 6-1...and didn't make it to finals...that BS

HyPer50
03-20-2006, 03:33 PM
Japan vs. Cuba tonight at 9pm on ESPN. WBC Final. I guess I'd put my money on Cuba, but you never can tell with these things... I mean who expected Canada and Mexico to beat USA? lol.

CALIWEST
03-20-2006, 04:52 PM
hahaha true..but i think cuba is gonna lose to japan...japan right now is on a lucky streak...they barely got into the semi-finals...and then they beat korea to go to the finals...

although i would like to see cuba win..i don't think they will

HyPer50
03-20-2006, 05:40 PM
hahaha true..but i think cuba is gonna lose to japan...japan right now is on a lucky streak...they barely got into the semi-finals...and then they beat korea to go to the finals...

although i would like to see cuba win..i don't think they will

You want cuba to win eh? lemme call the CIA on your communist ass lmao.

CALIWEST
03-21-2006, 05:31 PM
hahahahaha...im korean man...of course i don't eva want japan to beat us koreans..and if they do...we want whoeva to beat japan

CALIWEST
03-21-2006, 05:32 PM
but now im mad japan won...becuz that is real bullshiet