religion = stupid

metalman
03-08-2006, 06:14 PM
religion = stupid

Uhhh more likely catholic nonsense.

Speedm0(\)key
03-08-2006, 06:38 PM

no not just catholic.. all religions = stupid, all religions are for the weak minded

metalman
03-08-2006, 06:48 PM
no not just catholic.. all religions = stupid, all religions are for the weak minded

Actually I was refering to the picture...but thanks anyway.

Spritual things are spirtually discerned. To put it another way, the weak minded cannot comprehend or appreciate truth.

Speedm0(\)key
03-08-2006, 11:01 PM
the weak minded cannot comprehend or appreciate truth.

exactly what i said, everything has to be a pretty story

man
03-08-2006, 11:58 PM
No comment.

metalman
03-09-2006, 08:53 AM
exactly what i said, everything has to be a pretty story

Actually thats not what you said or implied. But thats okay, your position seems quite clear. Like I said, spiritual things are not discerned by everyone. Some like you view spirtual things as "stupid" or a "nice story".
Now if you wish to say that many religions/churches twist truths to be what they want rather then what they are and that accepting such is "stupid" I'd agree. The above posted picture may be an example of such, if it is indeed an actual "religious" picture. I have seen worse however.

babygurl
03-09-2006, 09:26 AM
People believe what they want to believe...I see no point in arguing over it, becuase you will not change a person's mind! Just let people be with their religions, and they will let you be with your ways!

I know for myself, I believe in God always have, always will! No one will ever change my mind on that. If I am viewed as the weak minded, or close minded let it be! but if you dont try and understand everything,( what I mean by that, is studying every religion, and trying to understand it) then you are the weak minded.

Just because you read one book on religion doesnt make you an expert.

v3rd1g0
03-09-2006, 09:56 AM
lol @ pic....gotta love that stuff sometimes.... ok not really but you do get a kick out of it lol

Speedm0(\)key
03-10-2006, 02:14 PM
People believe what they want to believe...I see no point in arguing over it, becuase you will not change a person's mind! Just let people be with their religions, and they will let you be with your ways!

I know for myself, I believe in God always have, always will! No one will ever change my mind on that. If I am viewed as the weak minded, or close minded let it be! but if you dont try and understand everything,( what I mean by that, is studying every religion, and trying to understand it) then you are the weak minded.

i dont group up a crew of my non religious car buddies to wake you the fuck up at 6am on a Sunday do i?..

you religious fucks do. who wants to have a civil argument about why you think religion is great.. and why i think its fucking retarded?

Jaimecbr900
03-10-2006, 02:27 PM
who wants to have a civil argument about why you think religion is great.. and why i think its fucking retarded?

We've had very good discussions on that subject many times in this forum.

Quick question: Where is that pic/portrait at? Just curious.

1439/2000
03-10-2006, 02:27 PM
i dont group up a crew of my non religious car buddies to wake you the fuck up at 6am on a Sunday do i?..

you religious fucks do. who wants to have a civil argument about why you think religion is great.. and why i think its fucking retarded?

That's kind of ignorant isnt it? I mean I don't care one way or another but religion is dumb because of people knocoking on your door? All religion is dumb because of jehovah's witnesses knock on doors and piss people off.

Jaimecbr900
03-10-2006, 03:08 PM
That's kind of ignorant isnt it? I mean I don't care one way or another but religion is dumb because of people knocoking on your door. All religion is dumb because of jehovah's witnesses knock on doors and piss people off.

And the real irony of that is that Jehovah's witnesses (and my grandmother is one) are NOT Christians. ;)

1439/2000
03-10-2006, 03:12 PM
And the real irony of that is that Jehovah's witnesses (and my grandmother is one) are NOT Christians. ;)

Oh no I know I'm just saying you cant say religion as a whole is dumb because hare krishna's give you flack at the airport and so on.

babygurl
03-10-2006, 03:21 PM
That's kind of ignorant isnt it? I mean I don't care one way or another but religion is dumb because of people knocoking on your door? All religion is dumb because of jehovah's witnesses knock on doors and piss people off.

jehovahs witnesses are annoying!

babygurl
03-10-2006, 03:23 PM

And I never once said I was religious, so dont assume, ASK!

Well first off...I am not going to hate on you in anyway for not believing what I do! But I will not sit there, and let hating happen on it!

I simply just implied, learn about all the religion you can understand it, I never once said you had to respect it!

And BTW its jehovah's witnesses and mormons who knock on your fucking door at 6 am!

Speedm0(\)key
03-10-2006, 03:45 PM
And I never once said I was religious, so dont assume, ASK!

Well first off...I am not going to hate on you in anyway for not believing what I do! But I will not sit there, and let hating happen on it!

I simply just implied, learn about all the religion you can understand it, I never once said you had to respect it!

And BTW its jehovah's witnesses and mormons who knock on your fucking door at 6 am!

i've had christians knock on my door, had catholics knock on my door, had all sorts of cults knock on my door, to get invited to join them at Church later on that sunday, buy a book or some shit, i told them to fuck off. i dont care what you are, i just simply think you are a waste of oxygen. i hate inefficiency. i hate you.

to everyone else.. i guess im just pissed.. a while back i was in a wreck , i got out of my car.. after i saw the damages what did i say?.. "oh fucking GOD.. what the fuck, GOD DAMMNIT"... i was pissed at the idiot who couldnt drive, and the sight of my car at the time pissed me off worse.

the moron that hit me. went off on me for what i had said... about taking the lord's name in vain .. was that necessary?.. the idiot ran a stop sign and now he's mad at me?.. hahaha wtf.. i told him "if god was watching over you.. would have you ran that stop sign?"... he mumbled some shit, and i told him that i hope he goes to hell and gets ass raped by Satan himself for eternity... all the bitching you religious people do?.. STFU go throw away your time and money in church, and keep to yourself.. wtf are you doing trying to recruit people or bitching at people for things they do and say?

sorry.. i dont even know if all of that made sense.. just needed to get it out

Speedm0(\)key
03-10-2006, 03:46 PM
Oh no I know I'm just saying you cant say religion as a whole is dumb because hare krishna's give you flack at the airport and so on.

you're gay, STFU before i skin you, i know where you live

Speedm0(\)key
03-10-2006, 03:50 PM

sup man, btw, i forgot to introduce myself at Silver dollar, i had seen your car on the hwy and i realized you were there.

i beleive that picture is of the inside hall ceiling of a cathedral in Spain. my grandmother and her 70 yr old buddies are all JWs, i love arguing with them back and forth

Jaimecbr900
03-10-2006, 07:41 PM
sup man, btw, i forgot to introduce myself at Silver dollar, i had seen your car on the hwy and i realized you were there.

Yeah, I told Dan to introduce me to you and I guess he forgot. Next time holla. :goodjob:

i beleive that picture is of the inside hall ceiling of a cathedral in Spain. my grandmother and her 70 yr old buddies are all JWs, i love arguing with them back and forth

That is kinda freaky if it's inside a church. It may have some biblical meaning, but I can't think of how it be appropriate inside a church personally.

1439/2000
03-10-2006, 08:00 PM
you're gay, STFU before i skin you, i know where you live

Unfortunately no you don't.

Sorry!

I have a house now!

PSINXS
03-10-2006, 09:35 PM
seriously? please explain how they are not christians. they belive in christ. htey do what matt. 28:18, 20 says. go therefore and make disciples just as jesus did. which is why they come to your homes. i have been told by baptist and other religions that they appreciate what we do.

also when was the last time u seen a JW participate or back a war? although the stem of the majority of these wars seems to be religion.

and when do u see a JW telling you your religion is crap? we are not trying to convert you. and if a jw comes at you telling you your religion sux and that u need to be one of them, they they are giving us a bad name.

TIGERJC
03-10-2006, 11:10 PM
seriously? please explain how they are not christians. they belive in christ. htey do what matt. 28:18, 20 says. go therefore and make disciples just as jesus did. which is why they come to your homes. i have been told by baptist and other religions that they appreciate what we do.

also when was the last time u seen a JW participate or back a war? although the stem of the majority of these wars seems to be religion.

and when do u see a JW telling you your religion is crap? we are not trying to convert you. and if a jw comes at you telling you your religion sux and that u need to be one of them, they they are giving us a bad name.

I AGREE that jw are christians:goodjob:

aaronfelipe
03-10-2006, 11:11 PM
Veird picture.

Speedm0(\)key
03-11-2006, 03:40 AM
Yeah, I told Dan to introduce me to you and I guess he forgot. Next time holla. :goodjob:

That is kinda freaky if it's inside a church. It may have some biblical meaning, but I can't think of how it be appropriate inside a church personally.

yeah i saw you on the hwy, i wanted to get beside you on the hwy and flick you off on camera so you could be like wtf (had a cam and cam man in the car) and post it on importatlanta haha. but... fucking ricer in a 3000gt kept gettin in the way.. then the white lexus got pulled over.. and i was like.. ahh fuck it.

metalman
03-11-2006, 08:06 AM
As to the JW question...these people have many traits that can be admired. In recent years I have found most to be quite polite and not at all "banging on your door at 6 am" and forcing their religion upon anyone.

As to the Christian issue...unless the JW church has changed its beliefs they do not believe in Jesus Christ as part of the Godhead, Father, Son & Holy Spirit which the Bible clearly teaches. This unfortunately denies at least part of the power of the saving grace of his shed blood because they do not believe his sacrifice was sufficient for the sin of ALL mankind from Adam down.

The Bible clearly teaches that Jesus IS God, he is NOT a created being, HE is the Creator. The Father, the Son and Holy Spirit are ONE. He has many names including Jehovah. The JW's do not accept these Biblical teachings.

The Bible teaches clearly that ALL mankind is saved through Christ, not Mary, not Peter, not any other dead CREATED person, only Christ WHO IS GOD the Creator and Him alone. Obviously denying His connection to the Father and His position as Creator of the universe does not put the JW in a favorable position in light of Scripture.

Julio
03-11-2006, 08:32 AM
all these religion crap makes me puke.

metalman
03-11-2006, 08:56 AM
all these religion crap makes me puke.

Youre response isnt unusual. Sadly, the so called "christians" are in large part responsible. By professing beliefs but not practicing them, by offering up a confused mixture of non Biblical nonsense and Biblical teachings, by a haughty self righteuos & greedy demeanor etc etc etc it isnt too difficult to want to reject the whole thing. I have thought that myself. Interestingly the Bible says that God will spew such "christians" out of his mouth (puke) too.

All I would say is that the true Christian or Christ-like person is a VERY rare breed. A relatively small minority of such exist in the world at any given time. If you ever have a chance to associate with some it will be more obvious then a trainwreck and I dare say puking won't be the first response.

Tasuki_Civic
03-11-2006, 09:07 AM

i 2nd that.........plus you never know these day.....sometimes pple need to believe in a religion to be a a better person.......like murderers, rapist, and shit like that. so its not wise to down one because of what they believe.

If I am viewed as the weak minded, or close minded let it be! but if you dont try and understand everything,( what I mean by that, is studying every religion, and trying to understand it) then you are the weak minded.

you could have never said it better, took tha words rite out of my mouth.

PSINXS
03-11-2006, 09:35 AM
As to the JW question...these people have many traits that can be admired. In recent years I have found most to be quite polite and not at all "banging on your door at 6 am" and forcing their religion upon anyone.

As to the Christian issue...unless the JW church has changed its beliefs they do not believe in Jesus Christ as part of the Godhead, Father, Son & Holy Spirit which the Bible clearly teaches. This unfortunately denies at least part of the power of the saving grace of his shed blood because they do not believe his sacrifice was sufficient for the sin of ALL mankind from Adam down.

The Bible clearly teaches that Jesus IS God, he is NOT a created being, HE is the Creator. The Father, the Son and Holy Spirit are ONE. He has many names including Jehovah. The JW's do not accept these Biblical teachings.

The Bible teaches clearly that ALL mankind is saved through Christ, not Mary, not Peter, not any other dead CREATED person, only Christ WHO IS GOD the Creator and Him alone. Obviously denying His connection to the Father and His position as Creator of the universe does not put the JW in a favorable position in light of Scripture.

1st paragraph. thanks

2nd paragraph: No. we do not believe in the trinity or believe that jesus is god. Psalm 83:18 clearly says Jehovah is the most high over all the earth. If jesus is god how could god have sent his only begottoen son to die for our sins? god sent himself to die? that would make the bible sound retarded. Even in genesis it says that jesus helped god create the earth and other things.

we do not deny at all that jesus has a connection with god. we do however deny that he is god. Jesus is god's son, jehovah is god, and the holy spirit is Gods active force.

if u want. read John 17:1-3, John 20:17, and John 1:18. tell me what u think those scriptures mean to you. I've got a King james here at myjhouse if that is what you use. The king james uses LORD when referring to god OR Jesus. te name Jehovah had been removed except for in a couple spots. Psalm 83:18 is one where its still there.

give me a few scriptures where it points that Jesus is God please.

metalman
03-11-2006, 10:04 AM
we do not deny at all that jesus has a connection with god. we do however deny that he is god.

Therein lies your problem.

give me a few scriptures where it points that Jesus is God please.
[/QUOTE]

The diety of Christ and Christ as Creator....

John 10:30 I and my Father are one.

John 13:13 Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am.

Rev 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

Eph 3:9 And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

Col 1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
Col 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
Col 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
Col 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
Col 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Col 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
Col 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.
John 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us..

There is plenty in the Bible regarding the Holy Spirits part in the Godhead as well.

babygurl
03-11-2006, 11:01 AM
i've had christians knock on my door, had catholics knock on my door, had all sorts of cults knock on my door, to get invited to join them at Church later on that sunday, buy a book or some shit, i told them to fuck off. i dont care what you are, i just simply think you are a waste of oxygen. i hate inefficiency. i hate you.

to everyone else.. i guess im just pissed.. a while back i was in a wreck , i got out of my car.. after i saw the damages what did i say?.. "oh fucking GOD.. what the fuck, GOD DAMMNIT"... i was pissed at the idiot who couldnt drive, and the sight of my car at the time pissed me off worse.

the moron that hit me. went off on me for what i had said... about taking the lord's name in vain .. was that necessary?.. the idiot ran a stop sign and now he's mad at me?.. hahaha wtf.. i told him "if god was watching over you.. would have you ran that stop sign?"... he mumbled some shit, and i told him that i hope he goes to hell and gets ass raped by Satan himself for eternity... all the bitching you religious people do?.. STFU go throw away your time and money in church, and keep to yourself.. wtf are you doing trying to recruit people or bitching at people for things they do and say?

sorry.. i dont even know if all of that made sense.. just needed to get it out

Sorry about your accident, but not all people are like the idiot who hit you. There are plenty of assholes like that. I do say God Damnit, Im only human, but I do not push religion on anyone...I did that once when I was 16 and realized what I did and apologised...I learned the hard way....

But please dont put everyone into one catergory....So chill the fuck out....

babygurl
03-11-2006, 11:03 AM
Youre response isnt unusual. Sadly, the so called "christians" are in large part responsible. By professing beliefs but not practicing them, by offering up a confused mixture of non Biblical nonsense and Biblical teachings, by a haughty self righteuos & greedy demeanor etc etc etc it isnt too difficult to want to reject the whole thing. I have thought that myself. Interestingly the Bible says that God will spew such "christians" out of his mouth (puke) too.

All I would say is that the true Christian or Christ-like person is a VERY rare breed. A relatively small minority of such exist in the world at any given time. If you ever have a chance to associate with some it will be more obvious then a trainwreck and I dare say puking won't be the first response.

I do agree with you...and give you props for being right on the money! There are fake christains and real ones too. Its hard sometimes to tell the difference!

babygurl
03-11-2006, 11:05 AM
i 2nd that.........plus you never know these day.....sometimes pple need to believe in a religion to be a a better person.......like murderers, rapist, and shit like that. so its not wise to down one because of what they believe.

you could have never said it better, took tha words rite out of my mouth.

thank you very much ;)

blacknightteg
03-11-2006, 11:31 AM

why would you say that its "catholic nonsense"

Speedm0(\)key
03-11-2006, 12:04 PM
Sorry about your accident, but not all people are like the idiot who hit you. There are plenty of assholes like that. I do say God Damnit, Im only human, but I do not push religion on anyone...I did that once when I was 16 and realized what I did and apologised...I learned the hard way....

But please dont put everyone into one catergory....So chill the fuck out....

listen.. fuck you and you beleive in, i will always be there to point and laugh at how you turn away from science, dont like it.. good... you can cry or bitch.. which would only bold out your own insecurity in your beleifs, die.

metalman
03-11-2006, 12:08 PM
why would you say that its "catholic nonsense"

It may not be. I am only guessing by its appearance. It appears to be a depection of Mary, common to catholcism but madonna adoration, worship and depictions are found in other religions as well.
Regardless of which church it may come from, according to Scripture Mary is dead. She hasn't saved anyone. She can't save anyone. Her role was only to serve as the human mother of Christ. From a Biblical prospective the idea of depicting her or anyone else suckling an adult is nonsense anyway you slice it.
Such non Biblical made up foolishness is prevelant in roman catholic art & its teachings, thats why I presumed it may be such. There are however even much more ridiculous depictions then this one. If the catholic church didnt represent itself as the christian Biblical church then this might matter little.
But it does and yet ignores & contradicts the Bible in ways too numerous to discuss in one thread or message. Hence my comment refering to nonsense.

If youre roman catholic take no offense. Some of my beloved family members are as well. My criticisms are not of its people but of the church's erroneous teachings and depictions.

Speedm0(\)key
03-11-2006, 02:08 PM
It may not be. I am only guessing by its appearance. It appears to be a depection of Mary, common to catholcism but madonna adoration, worship and depictions are found in other religions as well.
Regardless of which church it may come from, according to Scripture Mary is dead. She hasn't saved anyone. She can't save anyone. Her role was only to serve as the human mother of Christ. From a Biblical prospective the idea of depicting her or anyone else suckling an adult is nonsense anyway you slice it.
Such non Biblical made up foolishness is prevelant in roman catholic art & its teachings, thats why I presumed it may be such. There are however even much more ridiculous depictions then this one. If the catholic church didnt represent itself as the christian Biblical church then this might matter little.
But it does and yet ignores & contradicts the Bible in ways too numerous to discuss in one thread or message. Hence my comment refering to nonsense.

If youre roman catholic take no offense. Some of my beloved family members are as well. My criticisms are not of its people but of the church's erroneous teachings and depictions.

i hate every son of a bitch on IA, but metalman... you are definately one of the ones i hate less. thanks.. but uhh.. yeah go fuckyourself

babygurl
03-11-2006, 03:58 PM
listen.. fuck you and you beleive in, i will always be there to point and laugh at how you turn away from science, dont like it.. good... you can cry or bitch.. which would only bold out your own insecurity in your beleifs, die.

You may look down on me for my beliefs, and that is fine...your OPINON!

Stop thinking you are better than me, you are not! have a good day!

Speedm0(\)key
03-11-2006, 09:36 PM
You may look down on me for my beliefs, and that is fine...your OPINON!

Stop thinking you are better than me, you are not! have a good day!

haha, thats cute. die

Jaimecbr900
03-13-2006, 01:32 PM
Great discussion. Looks like Metalman put it down exactly right.

PSINX: Not as eloquent and exact as Metalman, but I agree with Metalman on the reason why I made the comment about JW=Not Christians. "Christians" by definition believe that Christ=God and therefore JW would not fit that category even by your own admission. BTW, your description is exactly the same as my grandmother's (remember she's JW too). We've discussed the subject before and she told me the same as you. Based on that is why I said what I did.

Speedm0(\)key
03-13-2006, 01:50 PM
Great discussion. Looks like Metalman put it down exactly right.

PSINX: Not as eloquent and exact as Metalman, but I agree with Metalman on the reason why I made the comment about JW=Not Christians. "Christians" by definition believe that Christ=God and therefore JW would not fit that category even by your own admission. BTW, your description is exactly the same as my grandmother's (remember she's JW too). We've discussed the subject before and she told me the same as you. Based on that is why I said what I did.

man fuck you jaime

Jaimecbr900
03-13-2006, 02:28 PM
man fuck you jaime

Gee thanks, that's awful sweet of ya to say.... :rolleyes: ;)

Speedm0(\)key
03-15-2006, 01:31 PM
Gee thanks, that's awful sweet of ya to say.... :rolleyes: ;)

jaime, you i know i hate you with a passion.. dont take it too hard. if you only knew how jealous others are of you just for that.