PDA

View Full Version : I am now legal...

quickdodgeŽ
04-21-2005, 10:18 PM
I finally got my CCW today. So before careful K Mart shoppers. I am now armed and not so dangerous. Lolol. I had to clear up an arrest charge from over 12 years ago though. Dammit. Got that cleared up in Covington and I got my license today. WHOA!! Lolol. Later, QD.

T-Mo Goodie
04-21-2005, 10:29 PM
:bigok: cool

Julio
04-21-2005, 10:35 PM
I want to get mines, just been lazy about it.

5thgcelica
04-21-2005, 10:50 PM
ccw ...help me out... i know what your talking about..just wanna know what it stands for lol.

T-Mo Goodie
04-21-2005, 10:53 PM
same here. I am so lazy. About um 6yrs lazy. LOL

CCW = Concealed Carry Weapon Permit or something like that.

The Yousef
04-21-2005, 11:58 PM
how old do you have to be to get a gun permit?

Eli
04-22-2005, 12:36 AM
how old do you have to be to get a gun permit?

i think its 21 for handguns.... anything else is 18... might be wrong tho.

Nismo
04-22-2005, 12:38 AM
21 for handguns, and a clear record to get the conceiled(sp?) permit

quickdodgeŽ
04-22-2005, 04:27 AM
^^^ Clear felony record. Later, QD.

CMO
04-22-2005, 07:39 AM
join the club, I've had mine for so long that I forget that I have one.

eViLMunkey
04-22-2005, 07:50 AM
you can carry one in your vehicle as long as their isn't a round loaded in the chamber.... and are of the proper age to do so...

accordon17s
04-22-2005, 08:07 AM
you can carry one in your vehicle as long as their isn't a round loaded in the chamber.... and are of the proper age to do so...

I thought another stipulation was it cant be accessible from the drivers seat or something.

B16a2 Civic
04-22-2005, 08:19 AM
im gettin mine momentarirly ( dob 3/15/84)

trythefly
04-22-2005, 11:33 AM
whoa cool

Nismo
04-22-2005, 01:16 PM
it also cant be inview of the public and you have to tell an officer that you have a gun if you get pulled over if i remember correctly

Bajjani
04-22-2005, 01:43 PM
My stance on guns is I don't want to own one, but I wanna go to some ranges so I know how to use one..not a huge fan of em I can just see myself doing stupid shit

quickdodgeŽ
04-22-2005, 03:18 PM
you can carry one in your vehicle as long as their isn't a round loaded in the chamber.....

I'm not sure about that. I don't keep one in the chamber.

I thought another stipulation was it cant be accessible from the drivers seat or something.

It can be accesible as long as it is ON the front passenger seat. It HAS to be out in plain view.

it also cant be inview of the public

It HAS to be in plain view.

and you have to tell an officer that you have a gun if you get pulled over if i remember correctly

I don't know about that, either. I DO volunteer the information. Later, QD.

Chris Mazda
04-24-2005, 06:41 PM
does anyone know of any sites for more info on a CCW in Georgia?

quickdodgeŽ
04-24-2005, 06:44 PM
Go to www.packing.org. They have all that shit for your ass. Lolol. What do you need to know? Later, QD.

Chris Mazda
04-24-2005, 08:24 PM
laws and what I need in regards to paper work etc.

AznTraitor
04-24-2005, 08:27 PM
yeah I dont know about telling the officer.....but I do it anyways....I just let him know that there is a weapon in the glove box and I do have a permit to be carrying it.

quickdodgeŽ
04-24-2005, 08:43 PM
All you need is your license. Later, QD.

speedminded
04-25-2005, 02:59 AM
the laws have changed for transporting handguns in vehicles in Georgia, as of several years ago it's just like having one in your own home...it doesn't have to be visible any more and I'm pretty sure one in the chamber doesn't matter either.

This Code section shall not forbid any person who is not among those enumerated as ineligible for a license under Code Section 16-11-129 from transporting a loaded firearm in any private passenger motor vehicle in an open manner and fully exposed to view or in the glove compartment, console, or similar compartment of the vehicle; provided, however, that any person in possession of a valid permit issued pursuant to Code Section 16-11-129 may carry a handgun in any location in a motor vehicle.the "shall not forbid any person who is not among those enumerated as ineligible" means as long as you are elgible for a permit, doesn't mean you have to have one, but as long as you don't have any felony's on record, etc...then you may carry a loaded firearm concealed or visible in your vehicle as long as it's not on you personally...if you have the ccw then you can carry it wherever and however you want.

God
04-25-2005, 03:23 AM
I keep a round in the chamber with 17rd magazines. Never know when demons are out. God packs heat.

Also, in GA you do not have to tell an officer if you have a weapon in the car unless he asks you. Alas, it's always best to let them know and if you have your CCW because if they see it and you havent told them, it can become a felony stop. Which means if youre trying to be billy badass with guns in the car and hiding them but a cop sees one near you he will ask you to step out of the car and keep your hands in plain view and step to the back of the car until backup arrives. Most kids think its harassment but its a safety issue.
You can carry a loaded weapon anywhere on you with your ccw in the car, and yes you can have a round in the chamber.
so GO GET YOUR CCW :)

quickdodgeŽ
04-25-2005, 04:51 AM
the laws have changed for transporting handguns in vehicles in Georgia, as of several years ago it's just like having one in your own home...it doesn't have to be visible any more and I'm pretty sure one in the chamber doesn't matter either.

the "shall not forbid any person who is not among those enumerated as ineligible" means as long as you are elgible for a permit, doesn't mean you have to have one, but as long as you don't have any felony's on record, etc...then you may carry a loaded firearm concealed or visible in your vehicle as long as it's not on you personally...if you have the ccw then you can carry it wherever and however you want.

Tsk, tsk. I'm disappointed. You should have used Google.

You do have to have the gun visible if it is within reach of you. You can have it in the trunk or glove box. But you cannot have it under your seat, in a storage unit next to you or in a cubbyhole in your door panel. There are plenty of stipulations on the carrying "wherever and however you want" crap you posted. There are certain places you cannot carry. You should check up more on this. You could lead a person into trouble. Later, QD.

speedminded
04-25-2005, 06:19 AM
Tsk, tsk. I'm disappointed. You should have used Google.

You do have to have the gun visible if it is within reach of you. You can have it in the trunk or glove box. But you cannot have it under your seat, in a storage unit next to you or in a cubbyhole in your door panel. There are plenty of stipulations on the carrying "wherever and however you want" crap you posted. There are certain places you cannot carry. You should check up more on this. You could lead a person into trouble. Later, QD.oh yeah, allow me to rephrase that...unless you're an federal air marshall then you can't carry the gun on a fucking plane and unless you are a resource officer or on duty officer than you can't carry a gun or any other weapon onto state school property or in a coutrhouse. oh yeah, can't forget about county jail/detention centers and state prisons.

Please show me the [current Georgia] law, section and code, that states a handgun cannot be within reach in your car...I'm pretty sure I already posted and excerpt from the law that contradicts thats.

FrnkPwrs
04-25-2005, 09:08 AM
Gotta wait til 2007 for my CCW, long story. But someone asked before about the legal age to carry, you can purchase a handgun at 21, rifle or shot gun at 18. Dont get it twisted though, if you are 21, that doesnt allow you to carry your weapon in a shoulder holster like dirty harry. Ive had to tell tons of friends and family it doesnt work that way, THATS why you get the CCW, so you are permitted to conceal the weapon.

LOL, but you cant carry it under the seat? LOL, I can tell QD is from the hood! BUt thats why I advocate the stashbox. Find yourself someone good in fabrication, you can get a sealed box put into your floorboard, under the dash, etc, that wont open, and wont odor, fluid, or anything out. Gotta have on in the front, and one in the trunk! My factory disc changer is basically hollowed out, still works, and has a hiding spot in it. Best $800 I ever spent. The amount of people in ATL getting car jacked and thrown in the trunk, you gotta have some sort of backup

quickdodgeŽ
04-25-2005, 12:42 PM
oh yeah, allow me to rephrase that...unless you're an federal air marshall then you can't carry the gun on a fucking plane and unless you are a resource officer or on duty officer than you can't carry a gun or any other weapon onto state school property or in a coutrhouse. oh yeah, can't forget about county jail/detention centers and state prisons.

Damn, stupid, don't stop there. You also can't carry, even with a license into a bar or any establishment where alcohol is consumed on the premises. You can't carry on school property. There's others.

Please show me the [current Georgia] law, section and code, that states a handgun cannot be within reach in your car...I'm pretty sure I already posted and excerpt from the law that contradicts thats.

You've got it twisted. I never said it couldn't be within reach. I said that if it were in reach, it had to be out in the open. If it wasn't, you can keep it locked up. Later, QD.

Ruiner
04-25-2005, 01:02 PM
Wow, there is so much mis-information in this thread.

Allow me to clear some things up as I have had my permit for over 8 years, now:

- If you have a permit, you can put the gun where ever you want in your car. It doesn't have to be visible and you can carry it chambered if you so like.

I suggest that you read this site and view the GA code on the subject:

http://www.packing.org/state/index.jsp/georgia

Carrying without a Permit/License

Date updated: Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Georgia Code 16-11-126

(a) A person commits the offense of carrying a concealed weapon when such person knowingly has or carries about his or her person, unless in an open manner and fully exposed to view, any bludgeon, metal knuckles, firearm, knife designed for the purpose of offense and defense, or any other dangerous or deadly weapon or instrument of like character outside of his or her home or place of business, except as permitted under this Code section.

(c) This Code section shall not permit, outside of his or her home, motor vehicle, or place of business, the concealed carrying of a pistol, revolver, or concealable firearm by any person unless that person has on his or her person a valid license issued under Code Section 16-11-129 and the pistol, revolver, or firearm may only be carried in a shoulder holster, waist belt holster, any other holster, hipgrip, or any other similar device, in which event the weapon may be concealed by the person´s clothing, or a handbag, purse, attache case, briefcase, or other closed container. Carrying on the person in a concealed manner other than as provided in this subsection shall not be permitted and shall be a violation of this Code section.

(d) This Code section shall not forbid any person who is not among those enumerated as ineligible for a license under Code Section 16-11-129 from transporting a loaded firearm in any private passenger motor vehicle in an open manner and fully exposed to view or in the glove compartment, console, or similar compartment of the vehicle - this is if you don't have a permit, but would qualify to get one by GA law; provided, however, that any person in possession of a valid permit issued pursuant to Code Section 16-11-129 may carry a handgun in any location in a motor vehicle. - This bolded section is if you do already have a permint

quickdodgeŽ
04-25-2005, 01:04 PM
- If you have a permit, you can put the gun where ever you want in your car. It doesn't have to be visible and you can carry it chambered if you so like.

Exactly. That's what I was saying. Later, QD.

Ruiner
04-25-2005, 01:06 PM
You've got it twisted. I never said it couldn't be within reach. I said that if it were in reach, it had to be out in the open. If it wasn't, you can keep it locked up. Later, QD.

Not entirely true. If you don't have a permit, but aren't banned from getting one, you can carry it in these places:

in an open manner and fully exposed to view or in the glove compartment, console, or similar compartment of the vehicle

Has nothing to do within reach more so than where it can be in the car. To me, your center console is "within" reach.

quickdodgeŽ
04-25-2005, 01:08 PM
^^^ The above you quoted is if you do not have a license. I did forget to include that part, lolol. Later, QD.

Ruiner
04-25-2005, 01:09 PM
^^^ The above you quoted is if you do not have a license. I did forget to include that part, lolol. Later, QD.

That's a very important part. ;)

quickdodgeŽ
04-25-2005, 01:09 PM
Goddamn edit button. Lolol. Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
04-25-2005, 01:10 PM
To me, your center console is "within" reach.

Same to me. I was told NO on the center console....w/o a license, lolol. Later, QD.

Ruiner
04-25-2005, 02:34 PM
Same to me. I was told NO on the center console....w/o a license, lolol. Later, QD.

You were told wrong, then...as you can clearly see "console" in the GA Code. Then again, I had to show an officer that I could hide it under my seat by pulling out the GA Code one time. Go figure.

quickdodgeŽ
04-25-2005, 05:04 PM
I think it boils down to the fact that most cops do not like for civilians to carry. So they tell you anything is just about illegal. Later, QD.

Ruiner
04-25-2005, 05:08 PM
I think it boils down to the fact that most cops do not like for civilians to carry. So they tell you anything is just about illegal. Later, QD.

As long as you know your rights and you know the GA law (I would advise keeping a copy of it with you in your car - even if you have a permit), you are safe.

quickdodgeŽ
04-25-2005, 05:15 PM
I gotcha. Check PM, btw. Later, QD.

speedminded
04-25-2005, 05:52 PM
Exactly. That's what I was saying. Later, QD.interesting, Ruiner has said exactly what I said 11 hours ago, only in a more educated and understandable manner, yet you are agreeing with him after telling me i'm wrong. lol.

I've been using the Annotated Code search for several years, since '96 or 97...i always kept a few pages regarding speeding and misc. moving violation laws/codes with me.

quickdodgeŽ
04-25-2005, 06:19 PM
interesting,

Not that interesting, man. We were just talking about 2 different things. Later, QD.

FrnkPwrs
04-25-2005, 07:39 PM
You were told wrong, then...as you can clearly see "console" in the GA Code. Then again, I had to show an officer that I could hide it under my seat by pulling out the GA Code one time. Go figure.

LOL, im thinking about getting a boxster, but where, besides under the seat, can you put a handgun? Also you think you can point me in the direction of a couple sites that would help me get along with tasteful modification? Been hard trying to find enthusiast sites with info on the lowly boxster, LOL

4bangin
04-25-2005, 08:17 PM
What is the law about carrying while not in your car? I may have missed it in the thread, but I don't feel like re-reading the entire thing. Does it have to be concealed at all times? For example, if it is in a holster on your back and your shirt slips up and someone sees it, can you get in trouble even if you have a license? Or with a license are you able to have it wherever you like?

quickdodgeŽ
04-25-2005, 08:32 PM
^^^ I don't think you can get in trouble, but please, don't go by what I "think." Lolol. I've wondered that myself, though. Later, QD.