PDA

View Full Version : Small Atl Panoramic and Dereksi's Si

DrivenMind
04-21-2005, 07:53 PM
http://www.drivenminds.net/images/DmATLpanoconcept1.jpg

http://www.drivenminds.net/images/SuprahoodSifrontG35.jpg

opinions?

edit: that's not the completed panoramic... just FYI, thats about 1/2 of it.

absolude
04-21-2005, 08:14 PM
OMG- so sick!!! Did you take either of those photos?

DrivenMind
04-21-2005, 10:34 PM
I took both.

EX-Svic
04-21-2005, 11:27 PM
damn looks nice mad props ..........Peace

uncle_el
04-21-2005, 11:43 PM
opnions?

what's that? lol.

on the pan, you should lower the watermark/sig a little bit into the white border, or change the font color as the black text gets lost in the darkness of the shot. love the pan! but i'm a sucker for them. you go to ga tech? looks like the shot is from that general vicinity.

second shot's nice, just would have cropped the yellow curb out.

Cliff
04-21-2005, 11:49 PM
awesome pictures...you definately dominate my attempts at photography

The Yousef
04-22-2005, 12:02 AM
wanna take some pics of my lude? lol :)

'cause apparently you do some nice ass work my friend :goodjob:

DrivenMind
04-22-2005, 12:06 AM
what's that? lol.

on the pan, you should lower the watermark/sig a little bit into the white border, or change the font color as the black text gets lost in the darkness of the shot. love the pan! but i'm a sucker for them. you go to ga tech? looks like the shot is from that general vicinity.

second shot's nice, just would have cropped the yellow curb out.

"thats" a typo... opinions? :tongue:

if you pay a closer attention to detail, you'll notice the top half (portion over the picture) of the text isn't black, but see through.

I thought the yellow curb made a kinda semi-frame for the cars contrasting strongly against the blue.

I go to highschool, :jerkit: but I enjoy photography/photoshop a great deal and had found that particular parking deck a while back, but it is close to Tech.

wanna take some pics of my lude? lol :)

'cause apparently you do some nice ass work my friend :goodjob:

haha thanks. As for the pics of the lude, sure... text me and we'll arrange something.

edit: if anyone wants to do a photoshoot let me know, I wouldn't mind meeting a few more of you guys and experimenting with pictures a bit more... I wonder if Danny will let me borrow his camera (in my dreams)...

uncle_el
04-22-2005, 12:16 AM
"thats" a typo... opinions? :tongue:
:) that's the former editor in me.

if you pay a closer attention to detail, you'll notice the top half (portion over the picture) of the text isn't black, but see through.

yea, i can see it, but might depend on the forum it's posted on (if it has a black background), or the brightness of the monitor. just want your work to get the credit it's due. the watermark might as well be easily visible.

I thought the yellow curb made a kinda semi-frame for the cars contrasting strongly against the blue.

i can see that argument. i'd like it to have a little more depth of field, to be slightly out of focus to pull the eye to the cars and reflection in the hood, instead of having to balance the bright yellow of the curb and lines versus the blue in the cars. perhaps desaturating the yellow would be a nice compromise. :shrug:

I go to highschool, :jerkit: but I enjoy photography/photoshop a great deal and had found that particular parking deck a while back, but it is close to Tech.

high school... awhile back?!?! lol. keep up the good work!

DrivenMind
04-22-2005, 01:20 AM
:) i can see that argument. i'd like it to have a little more depth of field, to be slightly out of focus to pull the eye to the cars and reflection in the hood, instead of having to balance the bright yellow of the curb and lines versus the blue in the cars. perhaps desaturating the yellow would be a nice compromise. :shrug:

It was origianlly more out of focus but you know it goes in photoshop sometimes... you start trying to correct something and end up over doing it... desaturating might not be a bad idea...

uncle_el
04-22-2005, 08:38 AM
It was origianlly more out of focus but you know it goes in photoshop sometimes... you start trying to correct something and end up over doing it... desaturating might not be a bad idea...

been there.... and i totally understand.

B16a2 Civic
04-22-2005, 09:02 AM
thats real nice....i didn't think it took much to take pics but you and a few other changed ma mind, skills is top notch mayne, keep up tah good work

speedminded
04-22-2005, 09:37 AM
if you got the balls i can get you up about 150 feet on top of a crane to get some more.

DrivenMind
04-22-2005, 10:04 AM
if you got the balls i can get you up about 150 feet on top of a crane to get some more.

hmmm... sounds interesting. I've never been up in a crane but I'd be more than willing to give it a shot. PM me and let me know.

A.P. Photography
04-22-2005, 10:39 AM
Nice pics man, what camera were you using?

A.P. Photography
04-22-2005, 10:39 AM
If I had a better camera I would be all over that

DrivenMind
04-22-2005, 12:20 PM
Nice pics man, what camera were you using?

older Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P10

seraphus
04-22-2005, 12:59 PM
older Sony Cyber-shot DSC-P10

Heh. There's probably photoshop gets finickey with you sometimes. Sony uses propritary CODECS with all their hardware. Any vids you take on that will totally shit out in Premier or FinalCut Pro, and the JPEGs aren't totally within specification.

I love sony, but I can really fucking hate them sometimes.

If you have trouble with the vids, your best bet is to run them through TMPGENC before reworking, and with the JPEGS, decompress them into flat Targa bitmaps (HUGE FILES), and do the photoshop manipulations on them in that format for more predictable results.

AtifSajid
04-22-2005, 01:07 PM
Put the other half of that pan view..and I still am using speedminded pic of the city for my background..

Tracy
04-22-2005, 01:10 PM
Sweet pics. I can get you on top of the "Penthouse on Ponce" building if you like. It's that building right across from the Fox. That'a another great place for ATL skyline shots.

Cliff
04-22-2005, 03:04 PM
yea speedy's pan of the city is awesome from up in the crane

speedminded
04-22-2005, 05:20 PM
naww, any square inch of that pic is infinitely better than mine...I wonder what he could do with my F717.

dereksi
04-22-2005, 05:26 PM
That pic of my ride is SWEET!! good job homie