PDA

View Full Version : Got my bags for my truck yesterday!!!

gijoe0720
03-05-2006, 12:28 PM
I finally got my bag kit(well most of it) yesterday. I went to Godfathers and got me a 4 link, back bag brackets, 2 5 gallon tanks, 2 460 compressors 150 psi, 4 bags, 110/150 pressure switch, 8 valves, 2 gauges, 10 switch wired box, and an 8 piece notch kit. I also got 1/2" everything so it will be fast. They have to mail me my 4 link and back brackets and I have go buy my fittings, hoses, and front brackets from somehwere else. I paid 1579.71 for all that. Now I just have to get some wheels, hood, grill, roll pan, tonneau cover, headlights, mirrors, and a paintjob and I will be done with it. Should have it to where I want it for now by the end of this month. I can't wait to get done with it.

dodgekota
03-05-2006, 12:37 PM
sweet

gijoe0720
03-05-2006, 12:46 PM
I am prolly goin tuesday to get my wheels. I am gettin chrome 18's for 1000 with tires. I forgot what kind they are but they look good.

Jimmy B
03-05-2006, 12:48 PM
good luck getin the bag kit on in a month, unless you have alot of time, or you are jsut slappin it on, and still kinw what you are doing

gijoe0720
03-05-2006, 12:51 PM
good luck getin the bag kit on in a month, unless you have alot of time, or you are jsut slappin it on, and still kinw what you are doing

I am payin someone 500 dollars to do it. The people who are doin it do nothin but suspension work and said they could have it done in a weekend. I have never heard anything but good about them either.

5thgcelica
03-05-2006, 12:53 PM
sweet dude... i wish i could bag my baby.

gijoe0720
03-05-2006, 12:59 PM
I used to hate bagged trucks but then one day I just decided hey I am goin to bag my truck. I will be the only one around here who is layin frame and who has a 10 switch.

I will prolly drive it around for a while before gettin it painted just so I can show it off some.

ALVIN
03-05-2006, 03:01 PM
I'd wait to show it off...That has always been me though. If doing a big change, for example when I did my accord I spent a week putting the body kit on then got it painted and then put rims and then shwoed it off. I think you would like your response better if you were done and bam from looking one way to another. my 2 cents though.

CRVTech
03-05-2006, 06:07 PM
Man, I hate Godfather's...real minitruckers use Suicide doors. Real minitruckers also do it themselves. Just my :2cents:, though. :bigok: Glad that you're happy about it. Nothing better than laying frame.

gijoe0720
03-05-2006, 06:23 PM
Man, I hate Godfather's...real minitruckers use Suicide doors. Real minitruckers also do it themselves. Just my :2cents:, though. :bigok: Glad that you're happy about it. Nothing better than laying frame.

I don't really like orderin stuff online and plus I got pretty much the exact same kit from godfathers that I could have gotten from suicidedoors.com but I got it for 1000 dollars cheaper. Also I know nothing about puttin bags on and crap and I don't want to mess anything up.

CRVTech
03-05-2006, 06:30 PM
I don't really like orderin stuff online and plus I got pretty much the exact same kit from godfathers that I could have gotten from suicidedoors.com but I got it for 1000 dollars cheaper. Also I know nothing about puttin bags on and crap and I don't want to mess anything up.

Hey, and that's understandable. There's a lot to mess up. I would just rather blame myself than someone else if something breaks. Plus, I don't have a shit ton of money laying around. We're balling on a budget so that means we do the work ourselves.

And if Godfather's was 1000 bucks cheaper, you're doing something wrong.

gijoe0720
03-05-2006, 06:36 PM
Hey, and that's understandable. There's a lot to mess up. I would just rather blame myself than someone else if something breaks. Plus, I don't have a shit ton of money laying around. We're balling on a budget so that means we do the work ourselves.

And if Godfather's was 1000 bucks cheaper, you're doing something wrong.

I could get my cousin to put them on for free. He knows a little bit about them. He has put one kit on before but he didn't have to put a 4 link in and some other stuff I have so I am just payin the other people to do it.

I had never_finished piece me together a kit on suicidedoors.com and it ended up bein 2500. All I know is that everyone who I have talked who knows about bags said that I got a good kit.

CRVTech
03-05-2006, 06:40 PM
I could get my cousin to put them on for free. He knows a little bit about them. He has put one kit on before but he didn't have to put a 4 link in and some other stuff I have so I am just payin the other people to do it.

I had never_finished piece me together a kit on suicidedoors.com and it ended up bein 2500. All I know is that everyone who I have talked who knows about bags said that I got a good kit.

If you ever get sick of the 460's (or they burn up, either way) you should get yourself an Air Zenith. Last I checked GF wouldn't carry them because no one really had any specs...but they're kick ass.

And you can get a better deal by calling Suicide doors personally. They're really nice guys and can help you out a lot. So, I mean, if you have no qualms about ordering over the phone. But like I said, to each their own, I wish you luck with it.

gijoe0720
03-05-2006, 06:52 PM
If you ever get sick of the 460's (or they burn up, either way) you should get yourself an Air Zenith. Last I checked GF wouldn't carry them because no one really had any specs...but they're kick ass.

And you can get a better deal by calling Suicide doors personally. They're really nice guys and can help you out a lot. So, I mean, if you have no qualms about ordering over the phone. But like I said, to each their own, I wish you luck with it.

I would rather go pick somethin up and maybe pay a little more than havin to order it online or off the phone. I know the kit I got ain't the best but it is a decent kit and I am on a budget to how much I can spend. I have just a little over 7000.

CRVTech
03-05-2006, 06:54 PM
I would rather go pick somethin up and maybe pay a little more than havin to order it online or off the phone. I know the kit I got ain't the best but it is a decent kit and I am on a budget to how much I can spend. I have just a little over 7000.

Hey, share the wealth. :D I've got a wedding to pay for. I'll build your truck for you.

gijoe0720
03-05-2006, 06:57 PM
All I am gettin now is just a hood, grill, tonneau cover, roll pan, wheels, paintjob and goin to do some stuff to the interior if I have enough money left over.

RISKYB
03-06-2006, 08:04 AM
so when is the body drop scheduled??

gijoe0720
03-06-2006, 12:46 PM
so when is the body drop scheduled??

maybe on down the road but not right now

4dmin
03-06-2006, 01:02 PM
bags can be done in a day if you have everything you need ;)

trucks laying frame is HAWT :goodjob:

B16a2 Civic
03-06-2006, 01:02 PM
me and my homeboi did an air strut job in 12 hours, the asshole part is drillin tha fuckin holes.

gijoe0720
03-06-2006, 01:06 PM
bags can be done in a day if you have everything you need ;)

trucks laying frame is HAWT :goodjob:

I should have them on by this weekend hopefully. Maybe I will have some of my other stuff in too. I am hopefully goin tomorrow to get the wheels if I can find the guy's house that has them.

CRVTech
03-06-2006, 03:08 PM
Hey, who's doing your work by the way?

gijoe0720
03-06-2006, 11:01 PM
I am takin it to 2 guys in Rome,Ga. They are certified to put bags on and crap.

CRVTech
03-07-2006, 07:17 AM
I am takin it to 2 guys in Rome,Ga. They are certified to put bags on and crap.

Wasn't aware there was a certification. ;) I was just wondering because this sounded oddly like a job my fiance's friend was trying to talk him into. Actually, probably is the same job.

RBpoweredSileighty
03-07-2006, 06:16 PM
i used to work at godfathers... not the best i will say. u shoulda bought jason's stuff from SSD'S it would have been alot cheaper in price and had everything including air line. but either way.... have fun with it and throw some sparks

Darling Nikki
03-07-2006, 06:23 PM
congrats man! I have been having peeps tell me I need to bag my magnum but that shit is not going to happen. I bet your shit will look dope when its done....and show it off when you feel you should...don't worry bout them haters.

rickgiblin
03-07-2006, 07:32 PM
hey congrats dude, 2 of my friends have lowered truck... one has 10 switches that lays frame, and one has a truck with a body cut or some shit, but it lays body or some shit... all i know is i love playin with them switches. good luck and hope you enjoy it. just dont let too many people play with teh switches... i almost broke my buddies one day by switching too fast

Jimmy B
03-07-2006, 08:10 PM
^ its called a body drop, its when you lower the body down over the frame(in most cases) so it is the same height as the frame is...

by the way, what kinda truck you have? and what are you dropping it down over? just remember, if you are gonna go BIG wheels, it takes more time, and cutting... thats what im doing to mine(a long time project), dropping it on 20/22(hopeflly 22) with a 2.5in body drop...

rickgiblin
03-07-2006, 09:25 PM
^^^ thanks for clearifying that for me. but good luck with your project too. i hear that all it becomes is more and more time with more that you wanna do and drop it

Jimmy B
03-07-2006, 09:56 PM
ha, mines been a year and a half project.. and i havent got the suspension done yet.. haha, but its had 2 suspensions already, and it hasent even ever been aired up!

gijoe0720
03-07-2006, 10:55 PM
Wasn't aware there was a certification. ;) I was just wondering because this sounded oddly like a job my fiance's friend was trying to talk him into. Actually, probably is the same job.

The guys names are Mario and Lance

gijoe0720
03-07-2006, 10:55 PM
^ its called a body drop, its when you lower the body down over the frame(in most cases) so it is the same height as the frame is...

by the way, what kinda truck you have? and what are you dropping it down over? just remember, if you are gonna go BIG wheels, it takes more time, and cutting... thats what im doing to mine(a long time project), dropping it on 20/22(hopeflly 22) with a 2.5in body drop...

I have a 97 dodge dakota and I am goin to have 18" wheels