PDA

View Full Version : need help ASAP!

slowredteg
03-05-2006, 10:29 AM
Im on vacation right now in daytona and last nite i noticed that i had smoke coming out of my air vents and i smelled plastic burning. I popped my hood and my fog lights wires were melting b/c they weren't wired correctly (no ground). Well when i was slowing down to a stop, my car shut off at about 5 mph when i put it in nuetral. I took out all the wiring for foglights and tried to start my car but it wouldnt start. It turns over but it won't start. I know its not the battery and i dont think theres a problem with fuel. Im about to check the spark plugs and fuses and distributor but if its not that then i have no idea what it could be and i dont have $$$ for honda to fuck around for a few hours and charge me $300 for an hour of work. Does anyone have any suggestions of what else i should check on it and what it could possibly be? Any help is appreciated. I have to drive 6 hours back home in two days so i need it fixed asap. thanx

Evil Goat
03-05-2006, 11:24 AM
check fuses....can you hear the fuel pump turn on when you turn the key to the on position? check spark out of each wire, if its turning over its not a battery/alternator problem, past that i cant think of much right now