PDA

View Full Version : General Chat How many people assume your car is stock?

ct9a gsr
03-07-2005, 01:57 AM
Might as well post the first thread in this sub-forum and get it started...

How many people assume your car's stock... and what's their reaction when they find out otherwise? Hehe, the people's reactions never ever get old... granted, it's hard to have a "sleeper" evo... but people can't tell a huge bar & plate FMIC from the evo's stock small tube & fin... and the FMIC is my only mod that's visible from the outside (except suspension)... even my cat-back exhaust is stock, hehe.

Feel free to post up your experiences and sleepers here! :p

noclue119
03-07-2005, 12:58 PM
People alway think i have a EVO or STI. I only have a Mazdaspeed protege. Either that or they think my car is a riced out protege. which i guess it is.

CMO
03-07-2005, 03:37 PM
You know what's really funny? Most people think that my car isn't stock. I have a s14 lowered, rims,exhaust, and an intake. I live up here in mustang heaven and since my car is loud with the Blitz catback people think that I'm runnin an sr20 or something. I've only had one race up here. And that mustang was very modded and I was really trying to race him. I justwanted to see what he had so I'll know when the car is boosted. Shit, my car is slow as hell right now it just looks a lil fast.

JITB
03-07-2005, 04:27 PM
I ask people to run , and i tell them i drive the protege. And they look at it, and they say OKAY!!. And when i beat em, they have all type of questions...i love it. You shoul dhave seen the face on this guy last nite in a GXL Rx7. it was ugly.

MR. 200SX
03-07-2005, 09:11 PM
LOl I drive a sentra than runs mid 13's on street $30 tires. No one ever see it coming :) .

HiPSI
03-07-2005, 10:37 PM
even if my 240 WAS actually stock some asshat would catch me at a gas station and ask me "do you drift it?". not that i don't, but i'm tired of being asked that ;)

CMO
03-07-2005, 10:47 PM
Shit, I get the "are you gonna put an sr20 in there?" atleast once a week. On top of the drift question.

Xrated O.G.
03-08-2005, 07:25 AM
Well I love the fact that my car looks pretty much stock. Its lowered enough so that its hard to see the front mount, and my HKS exhaust really isnt all that noisy. And thats when it happens- they get really cocky cause it seems stock and they give it a try. Its absolutly priceless to see the look on their face when the externally dumped wastegate opens up and they damn near shit their pants. The best is when they completely let off of the gas and steering wheel to cover their ears. It cracks me the hell up every time....

flysi00
03-08-2005, 10:51 AM
i had a 97 GSX with a JDM 4g63T my front mount was painted black with a t3/t4 turbo and my apexi cat back and everyone was like man thats shits just bone stock i was like lets race then and when i would fly by them they would be like WTF

but now that i have the 240 i get the drift question all the time and do u have a sr20 question too.

SilviaK93
03-08-2005, 12:23 PM
People always think I am just some regular C5 Corvette.......some roll up and then see the small silver badge and back off.... :D

But the best times were when I had the Nissan with the entire white front end and white wing, while the rest of the car was grey. Looked ok to me....for some odd reason.....but this was before the HUGE SR craze really got in full swing and everyone thought I was a ricer............until of course they got walked by 5 cars or more through two gears! ;) :D This was very cool when I beat the yellow Z06 on the highway, but he was cool about it and gave mad props to me.

4dmin
03-08-2005, 02:13 PM
^ miss it... i miss hearing kills stories about every other week

SilviaK93
03-08-2005, 06:32 PM
^ miss it... i miss hearing kills stories about every other week

memories....:(

superboost
03-09-2005, 08:58 PM
all the damn time. I actually started dressing up the exterior of the car to hopefully attract more attention but it never garners looks. The car is fairly stock looking on the outside but has a 3" exhaust with large N1 can on the back and a got boost? sticker. thats it as far as externals go. I've got the turbo grille on the car, but the turbo, intercooled badges were shaved....I get strange looks, crazy looks and people think things are downright wrong with the car when they hear the BOV hiss. Bewildered looks from hearing the turbo spool, and aside from stray wires under the hood, nobody still thinks anything of the car. Its fun but downright annoying at the same time. On occaision i want people to try the car, but nobody ever does! argh

dp32185
03-10-2005, 08:04 PM
so many people think my little 4 banger has no torque, well...true. they express otherwise after a run or a race. :D

i guess people think it's just a convertible with a civic engine... :rant:

HalfBaked
03-14-2005, 09:29 PM
No one thinks my car is stock.

However everyone asks me if I have an RB20 or a CA18...

Fucking retards.

green91
03-14-2005, 09:58 PM
nobody ever expects an evo to be fast.. wait.. why are you even worried about them thinking your car is stock?

GTScoob
03-14-2005, 10:47 PM
I always get asked if my car has a turbo :goodjob:

I guess that constitutes sleeper when people think that there werent any WRX wagons.

Doppelgänger
03-15-2005, 11:37 AM
I dont very many drifting questions.. well, when i had the white car i did al lthe time.

I get a lot of 'what is that car?'.. and when i say its a Miata.. they look disappointed and say 'oh'. Buahaha

But the people who do try starting races... they ask 'whats it got?' i just tell them "Its just a Miata" and smile.... then i usually hear 'bullshit!'... oh well. My car is VERY quiet.. until i get on it.. then it whine... but thats jsut a bad powersteering pump ;)

DeutscheBAG!
03-15-2005, 12:09 PM
hahahahah

i get this all the time in my jetta 1.8t...i have it lowered on stock wheels about an 1.8inches and my exhaust pipe barely sticks out from under my valence.its just the tip part but the actual muffler comes 1st(behind rear wheel)

everyone thinks my car is stock..even sounds so at idle..you should see the looks on their faces when they hear me spooling up at 1950rpm..and then moves like shit off a shovel :king:

mehulwrx
03-15-2005, 04:30 PM
I always get asked if my car has a turbo :goodjob:

I guess that constitutes sleeper when people think that there werent any WRX wagons.

shit in Europe you can get a WRX STi wagon(from PPP), thats crazy

HyPer50
03-15-2005, 08:28 PM
Some people think my car is stock, because the only visual mods I have are the wheels, lx tail lights, shitty clear corner headlights, and it's lowered a bit.. but when i crank it up, that usually answers any questions as to whether it is stock or not.

CMO
03-16-2005, 12:02 PM
Some people think my car is stock, because the only visual mods I have are the wheels, lx tail lights, shitty clear corner headlights, and it's lowered a bit.. but when i crank it up, that usually answers any questions as to whether it is stock or not.

Is it the 5.0 in your avatar? I usually think most of those are moded. Up where I live it's rare to find a completely stock 5.0 unless someone just got it from someone that didn't do anything to it.

auxiliary
03-16-2005, 01:25 PM
damn subaru's and their exhaust. No one has ever thought my car was stock. However, they have asked if it had a V8, or if it was a turbo diesel...that one I don't understand.

I always get confused with STi's. When they first came out it seemed like once a week someone would ask me how I liked my STi.

I guess it also hurts that my car is yellow, I get a lot of "Why did you paint your car yellow" questions, or the best one..."At least it's not that pale yellow" (refering to the Blaze yellow, only 500 made.)

Tracy
03-16-2005, 01:39 PM
I have a big ass front mount...so, no for me.

When I used to drive the 240, when it was like 4 colors, I would tell evryone it was stock so they would race me....then they would find out and be mad!!! Then I would be like stock SR, duh! :)

Dragonfly5338
03-16-2005, 05:02 PM
I have a big exhaust and my car cams like heck when it idles, so no.

But I get asked how I like my STi a lot, too.. :dunno:

HyPer50
03-16-2005, 09:12 PM
Is it the 5.0 in your avatar? I usually think most of those are moded. Up where I live it's rare to find a completely stock 5.0 unless someone just got it from someone that didn't do anything to it.

Eh, it's pretty much the same down here. Fox body mustangs are (to use the overused quote from Forrest Gump) like a box of chocolate, you never know what your gonna get. And yeah, the red gt in my avatar is mine.

superboost
03-18-2005, 04:44 AM
I have a big exhaust and my car cams like heck when it idles, so no.

But I get asked how I like my STi a lot, too.. :dunno:

I know your pain on that one. Ported head here, lumpy cam, lots of timing and large exhaust, but people still for some reason can't understand my car is modded. I suppose its because everyone thinks volvos are granpa mobiles. Occaisionally someone will ask me what "got boost?" means. I just ignore them now.

crxsiguy
03-18-2005, 11:51 AM
People sometimes asked me if my car was turbo or non turbo..... dont see why thou.... And i also have that idle problem ;) hks 272 idle problem...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v388/b18crxkid/frontmount.jpg

superboost
03-19-2005, 05:43 PM
[QUOTE=crxsiguy]People sometimes asked me if my car was turbo or non turbo..... dont see why thou.... And i also have that idle problem ;) hks 272 idle problem.../QUOTE]

I'm not doubting you at all, but lots of people bought 2g NA eclipses because they are "cute". Then proceed to install all the mods to make it look fast (like a turbo), but then it actually ISN'T fast. You may be getting clumped in with this crowd despite the fact that you've actually got some real work done to that car. Heck, I'd probably ask you if it were turbo even with that huge front-mount on there because I've seen fake ICs on NA eclipses.....Anyway, All that being said...my car is no match for an even slightly breathed on 4g63 powered machine, but I tend to weed them out like this...

2g Eclipse, 8x out of 10, its some kid with a fart cannon and MBC who can barely handle the car. If its a 1g and I see an exhaust or hear even the slightest hint of turbo whine, I back off. Those cars aren't cute....Your not going to find anyone still driving a 1g unless they are either A: a tuner with about 300+ hp under the hood or B: regular guy driving his aging eclipse (and the car's appearance will reflect this).

oh, and one more thing...What kind of front mount is that? I need a new IC bad!

crxsiguy
03-19-2005, 06:01 PM
the front mount is a Spearco core with hks endtanks, yeah i know what you mean by the whole cute thing and alot of ricers have em with 1 or 2 mods and thing there awesome, but just for the record heres my mods list ::

HEAD:
HKS 272/272 cams
CRower Titanium retainers and springs
new style lifters
AEM cam gears
ARP Head bolts

BLOCK:
Ross pistons
Eagle rods
ARP rod bolts

TRANNY:
Fidanza flywheel
ACT 2100

SUSPENSION:
Tokico Illumina 5 way adj
H&R racing springs (1.75" front, 1.5" rear)

EXHAUST:
Apexi GT 3" downpipe (no cat)
Apexi N1 3" catback
Running a Big 16G also Have DSM link

4bangin
03-20-2005, 08:56 PM
Most people think my car is just another riceburner with a huge exhaust. Oh well.

Big Rick
03-20-2005, 11:01 PM
LOl I drive a sentra than runs mid 13's on street $30 tires. No one ever see it coming :) .

real sleeper right there, lol

people look at my beat up supra and only see stock

ct9a gsr
03-20-2005, 11:25 PM
holy crap... that Supra is definitely a nice sleeper... wowowow.

:goodjob: :goodjob:

RBpoweredSileighty
03-21-2005, 10:34 AM
nice performance out of that mk3 dude, me and my bud are working on one of thoes now.

i get asked alot, whats done to my teggy since it looks stock but sure as hell doesnt perform stock :D but i usually do say stage 2 act clutch b&m short shift, and a couple cams.

boosted1jz
03-21-2005, 05:51 PM
but hey... ALL mk iii's r slow.... ask the H22 boys :p

WINDSOR
03-21-2005, 07:54 PM
but hey... ALL mk iii's r slow.... ask the H22 boys :p

yup....yours anyway :D Whens it going to be ready?

Big Rick
03-21-2005, 09:30 PM

haha thats cold

Tuner
03-21-2005, 09:54 PM
yea, people think my red 00 si is a ex lowered on si wheels. I took all my stickers off the rear and sides to make it look like just another ordinary civic. All you can see is the hks catback, hid's with ctr headlamps and the oem fogs to compliment. I like to keep people guessing.

boosted1jz
03-22-2005, 03:04 PM

LOL good 1 :p im aiming for late next month or mid may..... thats saying everything flows the way i want it too.... which we all know never does...

then i gotta let it break in.... fresh motor, new clutch, pretty much whole new drivetrain.....

chris

the broken kid with TONS of ricer excuses ;)

sirkus
03-24-2005, 09:57 AM
I gotta start moddin my mk3... need a 5spd tranny first..
Anyone wanna tackle that job for me?

Big Rick
03-24-2005, 07:58 PM

ebay has a couple for sell, but u can ask around, i know a couple motor importers have them, can't remember which.

white99gt
03-25-2005, 07:03 PM
LOL peaple swear mines stock .That is until i get on it :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v25/white99gt/sidepic1web.jpg

white99gt
03-25-2005, 07:03 PM
ebay has a couple for sell, but u can ask around, i know a couple motor importers have them, can't remember which.

Call jarco.They usually have some..

HalfBaked
03-27-2005, 03:49 PM
yea, people think my red 00 si is a ex lowered on si wheels. I took all my stickers off the rear and sides to make it look like just another ordinary civic. All you can see is the hks catback, hid's with ctr headlamps and the oem fogs to compliment. I like to keep people guessing.

Oh man!!!

Now that's a fucking sleeper!!!

Nice job man!

Big Rick
03-27-2005, 03:58 PM
LOL peaple swear mines stock .That is until i get on it :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v25/white99gt/sidepic1web.jpg

yes very nice sleeper, i would have been 1 of those who thought it would be an easy win for me. but damn would i have been shocked

CSquared
03-27-2005, 08:19 PM

lol turn back now before it's too late

If you dont you will live in a world of unreliable hell :)

Sport1.3
03-29-2005, 01:00 AM
ppl usually think my car is really slow but hear the load ass exhaust note and try to race me... then when they blow by my ass they find out it is actually slower than they thought!!

Slowboy
03-29-2005, 01:57 PM
I just finished with my swap,95 jdm b18 ls in the 2000 clover green ex coupe, bo bo rims with clear coat since last night, looks sharp, lowered, n1 tsudo exhaust really deep sounds great and its quite until i hit the throttle, I had a spacer that mad it sound like turbo on my d16 i am thinking of putting it on tonight, just becuase I am actually alot faster now, and the look and what people say just crack me up. dude do you got blow off valve, how much psi, none really but its funny, i am doin a turbo around the end of the summer.

Code3
03-29-2005, 07:24 PM

i'd assume it was modded..just me tho

props on shaving the si decals tho...

HalfBaked
03-29-2005, 10:20 PM
I just finished with my swap,95 jdm b18 ls in the 2000 clover green ex coupe, bo bo rims with clear coat since last night, looks sharp, lowered, n1 tsudo exhaust really deep sounds great and its quite until i hit the throttle, I had a spacer that mad it sound like turbo on my d16 i am thinking of putting it on tonight, just becuase I am actually alot faster now, and the look and what people say just crack me up. dude do you got blow off valve, how much psi, none really but its funny, i am doin a turbo around the end of the summer.

Longest and hardest to read sentence ever.

I'd assume you never passed an English class.

Big Rick
03-30-2005, 12:51 AM
Longest and hardest to read sentence ever.

I'd assume you never passed an English class.

lol

ct9a gsr
03-31-2005, 12:12 PM
... I had a spacer that mad it sound like turbo on my d16 i am thinking of putting it on tonight, just becuase I am actually alot faster now, and the look and what people say just crack me up. dude do you got blow off valve, how much psi, none really but its funny, i am doin a turbo around the end of the summer.

... I'm speechless.

Slowboy
03-31-2005, 03:01 PM
I get that alot. I had a really hard time in english. Not to mention the speak inpegiment, whatever though sorry about the run ons, is this bettter?

superboost
03-31-2005, 05:43 PM
I get that alot. I had a really hard time in english. Not to mention the speak inpegiment, whatever though sorry about the run ons, is this bettter?

dunt froget teh speelig mustecs :p

da1285
04-01-2005, 12:21 AM
i drive a neon so no one expects much even though it's not stock

MR. 200SX
04-03-2005, 12:31 PM
A honda cannot be consider as a sleeper anymore or even the 240SX.. just way too many. A sleeper its a car that you would never think is fast we all know that some hondas and 240sx's are fast so there is no surprise.

MR. 200SX
04-03-2005, 12:37 PM
real sleeper right there, lol

people look at my beat up supra and only see stock

Damn man I don't know whats up with panameños and fast supras? LOL car is pushing good numbers man I'll stay away from you!

Tracer
04-04-2005, 08:22 PM
I'm stock, but that's about to change. lol Thanks Batlground

Sport1.3
04-05-2005, 12:38 AM
haha these kids in a 5.0 fox body asked me if i wanted to race yesterday at the BP in marietta.. haha it had exhaust and mild street cams (from what the driver said).. i told them my car wasnt fast, and they proceeded to tell me they heard my exhaust(its really load, im running an open DP) and saw my gauges and said it was a sleeper and i was probably just chicken to race them..haha i told the kids to get a life and got in my car and gave them a good rev so they could hear the BPV and drove off.. then like a mile or so down the road they were behind me!! then pulled up to me at the next light. and they had a video camera..lol. i had my Friend (girl im dating) in the car and wasnt about to do anything stupid so i just rolled up the windows and didnt pay attention to them. Domestic Ricers LOLz

simplyblurredmrT
04-06-2005, 12:36 PM
My Current GS-R 94 came with cloth interior (almost all of the GS-R's after 94 were leather) It had no badges other than the Acura and the Integra. It also had steel wheels with Acura hub's. Everyone thought it was an LS. It was funny looking at some of their faces when I hit Vtec. Now I don't know what people think, for it has a JDM front and a BC kit.

efman
04-06-2005, 07:59 PM
i could never part with that dohcVTEC sticker if i had one of those

eViLMunkey
04-08-2005, 02:06 PM
I could care less about that sticker that's whyu I took off all stickers that say it's a DX Civic.. but I left on my Evil Monkey sticker

mike's02ls1
04-08-2005, 07:20 PM
Some think it stock while i'm rolling, but when I hit a red light some just stare and nod the heads, or tell me to light'em up.. Alot just say damn shes hitting a lick..

B18c-rex
04-11-2005, 05:38 PM
hay mike when can get a ride in that beast you call a car?

mike's02ls1
04-11-2005, 07:56 PM
hay mike when can get a ride in that beast you call a car?
When ever u want. Never said was a beast..lol I got used to it already need more power or more traction.. Oh who is this by the way?

THEONE
04-12-2005, 08:45 PM
so what did you do to your LS1? cam and headers?

mike's02ls1
04-12-2005, 09:20 PM
so what did you do to your LS1? cam and headers?
LT headers,True dual exhaust,Ported TB,Pulley,236/242 cam,MTI lid...

-S Double C-
04-12-2005, 10:11 PM
I have a 92 civic hatch that looks completely stock..even on 13inch stock bo bo's and im putting out 353whp on my ls/vtec and greddy turbo kit..it's funny to spank built mustangs asses on the street then they come up next to you and say what you running in there you got nitrous? and i say nu uh..haha good times (ps. car doesnt look stock anymore it's straight jdm but at the time it did)

THEONE
04-12-2005, 11:05 PM
LT headers,True dual exhaust,Ported TB,Pulley,236/242 cam,MTI lid...
if you dont mind me asking who did the exaust and what did it cost,im looking to get duals but i dont want it to look homemade.so im gonna have to pay someone and keep my hands off :)

mike's02ls1
04-13-2005, 06:24 AM
if you dont mind me asking who did the exaust and what did it cost,im looking to get duals but i dont want it to look homemade.so im gonna have to pay someone and keep my hands off :)
Andys muffler did mine, cost was under 300 when I had my stock manifolds on with cats. When I redue my exhaust i'm going to Grand Muffler and talking to Buster see if he can due it better.

THEONE
04-13-2005, 08:49 AM
Andys muffler did mine, cost was under 300 when I had my stock manifolds on with cats. When I redue my exhaust i'm going to Grand Muffler and talking to Buster see if he can due it better.
i know of andy's but where is grand muffler?anyway 300 is a good price.

gottraction?
07-05-2005, 06:10 PM
haha i get crazy looks all the time. I drive a turbocharged tercel (starlet swap) and there arent many around period. i get people staring at my car because it has rims on it. and then they see the black starlet hood and they hear a whistle they go crazy. u should see them trying to look into my hood scoop lol

HachiDori
07-05-2005, 09:40 PM
All the kid's around here, think my car is fast...it's quite the opposite!

And i get the famous" Is that the drift corolla" " i hear those are fast"

lol

1439/2000
07-06-2005, 10:11 AM
Yeah nobody really notices my car, same for the police which i love.

mike's02ls1
07-08-2005, 07:33 PM
i know of andy's but where is grand muffler?anyway 300 is a good price.
Merettia spelling..

Kalifornia087
07-09-2005, 02:26 PM
Yeah nobody really notices my car, same for the police which i love.

i love galant VR-4's... they are true sleepers, especially when they have a few mods, nobody would ever suspect it... hell i used to not know it until one blew the freaking doors off my buddy's wolfsburg jetta (turbo)... then i asked lots of questions and the guy was really cool about it.
nobody ever thinks my freinds Dakota is fast either... it's an R/T but it has 16" dodge wheels and not the 17's u usually see, and it is a 5-speed (swapped before bought), with intake, exhaust, mild cam... it's sweet, and a pretty good sleeper (runs 13's)

Repost Squintz
07-09-2005, 02:41 PM
used to have a 1988 Volvo 740 Station Wagon, 6 Cylinder, Turbo, RWD; only thing on the car that was modded was the exhaust, piping was made bigger. Damn that shit pulled hard. Beat modded eclipses, riced out integras, slow ass civics. Looks on their faces were priceless. Seeing a station wagon fly by them and then their mouths drop open like what the fuck was that... man i miss car.

bigb996
07-09-2005, 02:55 PM
^^^im gonna call bs here^^^

haha jp man

1439/2000
07-10-2005, 12:39 PM
used to have a 1988 Volvo 740 Station Wagon, 6 Cylinder, Turbo, RWD; only thing on the car that was modded was the exhaust, piping was made bigger. Damn that shit pulled hard. Beat modded eclipses, riced out integras, slow ass civics. Looks on their faces were priceless. Seeing a station wagon fly by them and then their mouths drop open like what the fuck was that... man i miss car.

What motor was in it Grand National?

Volvo didnt make a rwd turbo 6.

Used to have an 850 with lots of shit done.

1439/2000
07-10-2005, 12:41 PM
i love galant VR-4's... they are true sleepers, especially when they have a few mods, nobody would ever suspect it... hell i used to not know it until one blew the freaking doors off my buddy's wolfsburg jetta (turbo)... then i asked lots of questions and the guy was really cool about it.
nobody ever thinks my freinds Dakota is fast either... it's an R/T but it has 16" dodge wheels and not the 17's u usually see, and it is a 5-speed (swapped before bought), with intake, exhaust, mild cam... it's sweet, and a pretty good sleeper (runs 13's)

yeah my exhaust looks stock but before the muffler its 3 inchs all the way back. and im not on stock turbo. its a lot of fun.

Kalifornia087
07-10-2005, 09:09 PM
yeah my exhaust looks stock but before the muffler its 3 inchs all the way back. and im not on stock turbo. its a lot of fun.

sweet... i bet nobody see's that coming...

Repost Squintz
07-11-2005, 11:31 AM
What motor was in it Grand National?

Volvo didnt make a rwd turbo 6.

Used to have an 850 with lots of shit done.
well i guess it wasnt rwd, but i do kno that it was a turbo 6. cause thats what it said on the intake manifold

boosted1jz
07-11-2005, 10:55 PM
i think imma put my car back to stock.... since it doesnt look like it will ever run on the 1jz anymore:(

1439/2000
07-13-2005, 09:42 AM
well i guess it wasnt rwd, but i do kno that it was a turbo 6. cause thats what it said on the intake manifold

No no no. Maybe you dont know much about cars. Ok you had a 740. Those are rear wheel drive. They come with a turbo 2.3 four cylinder max. So what you had if you arent lying had to be a swap.

now

what kind of swap was it is what im asking. but you dont know so nevermind.

Repost Squintz
07-14-2005, 03:16 PM
lol^yeah i guesss you're i dont know shit about volvos....

psychodrama_81
07-14-2005, 03:28 PM
I dont think my car is stock I KNOW its stock...Its a 93 mazda protege LX...cant get no more stockier than that.

1439/2000
07-15-2005, 12:07 AM
I dont think my car is stock I KNOW its stock...Its a 93 mazda protege LX...cant get no more stockier than that.

Somebody else on here drives a stock protege.....

psychodrama_81
07-15-2005, 03:21 PM
Somebody else on here drives a stock protege.....
I bet theirs is running...I still have some work to do on mine before I actually drive it :eye:

Talk about 'Craptastic' :lmfao:

1439/2000
07-15-2005, 07:30 PM
the guys s/n is jitb or something.

£G2♣
07-16-2005, 09:34 AM
i know a dude BONE STOCK LOOKS but got a built gsr in a 90 ef people assume that hes stock but hes not

superbooost
07-16-2005, 02:35 PM

Hmm. Volvos came with 6cyls, after '88 it was a french PRV v6, similar to what can be found in the Deloreon or Eagle Premieres. Designation was the b280f at 2.8 liters, 160hp. The motor was not turbo'd, from the factory, so you probably had a turbo 2.3l 4cyl. Swapping eagle premiere heads, doing a custom manifold and turboing the engine will make some very good power, but there are very few people who have done this. One such person on the turbobricks board is John lane. His turbo'd volvo 280/premiere hybrid motor with T4 turbo makes 600whp/500wtq at around 12psi. They respond EXTREMELY well to turboing, but most people haven't the time or money for the swap. Also, after turboing the engine, nearly ever single piece of drivetrain starting at the crank, going all the way to the wheel studs (yes, i said wheel studs) shattered.

The grand national swap is another volvo swap that is somewhat common. I know of two turbobrickers that outfitted their vehicles with GN motors, one intercooled, one non-intercooled. The non-intercooled vehicle I, got to drive hands on, having around 20 hours behind the wheel of it, last year driving it from Pennsylavania to Las Vegas. It was VERY fast, had up to 120shot of nitrous and ran a 12flat on slicks. However, this was a 240 series 1982 wagon. Full of rust spots, primer and bondo, we nicknamed the car dirty sanchez. you can find the post about it somewhere on here. VERY fast.

Anyway, which one did you have? Seriously, if you had a turbo'd PRV (i'm not trying to cast doubt here), I'd love to see it. Budget permitting, I'd love to build one, as they are the holy grail of powerplants, but it is a very expensive undertaking. (JL uses a jericho 4spd, custom ford 9" rear end, roll cage etc) Anyway, post up more. I'm curious....Or do you have a 2.3? Eitehr way, they're fun sleepers. I've left many an eclipse, m3, mustang, camaro etc in the dust to onlookers with dropped jaws. Tons of fun.

1439/2000
07-17-2005, 11:19 PM
Hmm. Volvos came with 6cyls, after '88 it was a french PRV v6, similar to what can be found in the Deloreon or Eagle Premieres. Designation was the b280f at 2.8 liters, 160hp.

Yeah thats what i was calling him out on. If he didnt know much about them then he didnt turbo the 6 and probably didnt buy a turboed 6. Probably a 740 tic.

4dmin
07-18-2005, 10:07 AM
most people don't know anything about my car so they mistake it as just another dub until they see the fmic....

the best is dub people roll up on me and immediately think its a 2L not 1.8t :D

man
07-18-2005, 12:21 PM
most people think my car is just an RX-7 turbo with exhaust and, well, it is.

psychodrama_81
07-18-2005, 03:14 PM
most people think my car is just an RX-7 turbo with exhaust and, well, it is.
Haha...well thats a lot better than what I have...but cool nontheless :D

ahmonrah
07-22-2005, 12:05 AM
I know your pain on that one. Ported head here, lumpy cam, lots of timing and large exhaust, but people still for some reason can't understand my car is modded. I suppose its because everyone thinks volvos are granpa mobiles. Occaisionally someone will ask me what "got boost?" means. I just ignore them now.i knew i've seen that wagon before !!!! it was fairly recently too. i looked at the sticker and was like....." i wont try it".

1439/2000
07-24-2005, 09:52 AM
I had an 850 glt sedan about 3 years ago. Boosted the hell out of it. Then bought my 240sx.

Repost Squintz
07-25-2005, 05:59 PM
Hmm. Volvos came with 6cyls, after '88 it was a french PRV v6, similar to what can be found in the Deloreon or Eagle Premieres. Designation was the b280f at 2.8 liters, 160hp. The motor was not turbo'd, from the factory, so you probably had a turbo 2.3l 4cyl. Swapping eagle premiere heads, doing a custom manifold and turboing the engine will make some very good power, but there are very few people who have done this. One such person on the turbobricks board is John lane. His turbo'd volvo 280/premiere hybrid motor with T4 turbo makes 600whp/500wtq at around 12psi. They respond EXTREMELY well to turboing, but most people haven't the time or money for the swap. Also, after turboing the engine, nearly ever single piece of drivetrain starting at the crank, going all the way to the wheel studs (yes, i said wheel studs) shattered.

The grand national swap is another volvo swap that is somewhat common. I know of two turbobrickers that outfitted their vehicles with GN motors, one intercooled, one non-intercooled. The non-intercooled vehicle I, got to drive hands on, having around 20 hours behind the wheel of it, last year driving it from Pennsylavania to Las Vegas. It was VERY fast, had up to 120shot of nitrous and ran a 12flat on slicks. However, this was a 240 series 1982 wagon. Full of rust spots, primer and bondo, we nicknamed the car dirty sanchez. you can find the post about it somewhere on here. VERY fast.

Anyway, which one did you have? Seriously, if you had a turbo'd PRV (i'm not trying to cast doubt here), I'd love to see it. Budget permitting, I'd love to build one, as they are the holy grail of powerplants, but it is a very expensive undertaking. (JL uses a jericho 4spd, custom ford 9" rear end, roll cage etc) Anyway, post up more. I'm curious....Or do you have a 2.3? Eitehr way, they're fun sleepers. I've left many an eclipse, m3, mustang, camaro etc in the dust to onlookers with dropped jaws. Tons of fun.
well all i know is that it was turboed and it came like that lol i dont know much at all about volvos, it said i dont have the wagon anymore, but i do miss it. It could have been a 6 but not likely since what you have said. And i know its the 740 series. But i dont really know about the 6 part.... so it was just handed down to me from my 'rents...

uproot
07-25-2005, 06:00 PM
three people.

07-28-2005, 02:39 PM
so many people think my little 4 banger has no torque, well...true. they express otherwise after a run or a race. :D

i guess people think it's just a convertible with a civic engine... :rant:

i know the feeling......lol

JoeCoolinATL
07-28-2005, 09:22 PM
everyone assumes my e30 is :)

1439/2000
07-31-2005, 12:35 PM
everyone assumes my e30 is :)

Its not an M im assuming. Whats up with it?

Ol' Gregg
07-31-2005, 09:05 PM
i have a altima, its fast, but its still a altima. Shit

HalfBaked
07-31-2005, 11:39 PM
Whats done to it?

JITB
08-01-2005, 12:00 AM
I tihnk ive put together a pretty nice sleeper, just havent had the chance to huit the streets really with it. But im pretty confident it will suprise alot of ppl..

psychodrama_81
08-02-2005, 04:09 PM
I tihnk ive put together a pretty nice sleeper, just havent had the chance to huit the streets really with it. But im pretty confident it will suprise alot of ppl..
Wait until I get mines running...heheh :D

JITB
08-02-2005, 05:55 PM
just let me know...when your ready.

SleepingTalon
08-03-2005, 01:35 AM
I have a ton of fun on when I bring out my talon. NOONE thinks my little 1g poses any sort of threat, lol.

psychodrama_81
08-03-2005, 02:54 PM
just let me know...when your ready. :eek: you know im scared of you :D

B16a2 Civic
08-03-2005, 02:56 PM
they thinks its an Ex....cause its black Lol

Sport1.3
08-04-2005, 10:14 AM
just let me know...when your ready.

im ready! battle of the proteges. 1g VS. 3g...N/A VS. F/I...etc

JoeCoolinATL
08-04-2005, 12:08 PM
Its not an M im assuming. Whats up with it?

haha its um......the slowest car in the world :)

my 85 Z is super slow too ;)

PRODIGY
08-08-2005, 10:37 AM
1439/2000, yeah... JITB's car is stock alright... ;)

I'l join the battle of the proteges.

Sport1.3
08-13-2005, 03:49 PM
^ ok mr. i have a header now..lol. ill shift slow so u can see the flame from my tail pipe when im walkin away from u......U JUST GOT SERVED>>>OWWWWWW lolicopter!!!11

technoteg97
08-13-2005, 04:03 PM
lol first post 03-07-2005, in this thread..damn thats awhile ago.

DrivenMind
08-14-2005, 12:04 PM
my car is slow.

1439/2000
08-16-2005, 12:04 PM
1439/2000, yeah... JITB's car is stock alright... ;)

I'l join the battle of the proteges.

It has a stock v6. I mean it has a swap but its just another motor.

JITB
08-16-2005, 06:07 PM
U are incorrect... :)

1439/2000
08-18-2005, 12:03 AM
U are incorrect... :)

Ok so whats done to the other motor?

Aight, its official i want another car. Nothing wrong with this one. Its just time to move on. I did the swap because it wouldnt sell with the original 1.8, so i thought i would be motivated to keep going with it after the swap...but this whole car thing is just gettin boring to me. And its time to move on.
93 mazda protege LX
114k on the body
Disc Brakes All around
Power everything
Sunroof
st racing coilovers
94 Probe GT 2.5l V6 KLDE
94 Probe ECU
MX3 V6 Engine Harness
Mx3 V6 Transmisison
MX3 v6 shifter linkage
Mx3 V6 Crossmember
MX3 V6 Flywheel (11lbs lighter than the probe flywheel)
Custom Y-PIpe - Resonator - Carbon Fiber Muffler (noname brand)
New Clutch Master /Slave Cylinder

Nevermind I found it. Apparently your car has a stock probe v6 and you want to sell it. Interesting.

1439/2000
08-18-2005, 12:08 AM
haha its um......the slowest car in the world :)

my 85 Z is super slow too ;)

Ohh shit. :eek: So you're implying that its CRAZY fast I guess. I was just asking if it was an M or not. Dont care what you have done.

GTO
08-18-2005, 01:30 AM
I took the Type S emblem off my RSX, so it looks like the basic RSX Type S. It's not fast enough to be a sleeper, but quick enough to be sneaky lol.

The GTO is a sleeper in away, at night, no one knows what in the hell it is LOL

JITB
08-18-2005, 11:16 PM
Ok so whats done to the other motor?

Nevermind I found it. Apparently your car has a stock probe v6 and you want to sell it. Interesting.

i want to sell it b/c i want a NEWER vehicle, cars 13 yrs old..time for an update.
Ive got ze heads and Intake manifold in the work, and other bla bla. Noones gonna buy it locally anyway. might as well keep going. Dont get me wrong tho it moves very wells

1439/2000
08-18-2005, 11:19 PM
i want to sell it b/c i want a NEWER vehicle, cars 13 yrs old..time for an update.
Ive got ze heads and Intake manifold in the work, and other bla bla. Noones gonna buy it locally anyway. might as well keep going. Dont get me wrong tho it moves very wells

But I mean its pretty much stock. ;)

I sold my 99 Infiniti for my 91 Mitsubishi. Its all about what you want.

New cars arent all what they are cracked up to be. I'd rather have a classic.

JITB
08-18-2005, 11:21 PM
Yea, i just need to put more money in it. i didn thvae it at the time. but got good money comin in now.. SO its stayin. Ill give u that it has the stock block..

1439/2000
08-18-2005, 11:23 PM
Yea, i just need to put more money in it. i didn thvae it at the time. but got good money comin in now.. SO its stayin. Ill give u that it has the stock block..

I mean a header and intake manifold is still stock pretty much.

JITB
08-18-2005, 11:34 PM
I dont have headers, gotten a straight thru Y-pipe. i said "HEADS" as in Cylinder Heads form the Japanese KLZE. I have the american KLDE. along with the manifold - flywheel. u upgrade heads on a car stock is out the window..

IOnlyLookStock
08-19-2005, 01:26 PM
Man this is my kinda thread... I Miss my hatch, it was just killed by a hit and run asshole driver... But ya it lookied like a right out of the factory 89 civic hatch sittin on gsr fat fives. But no one ever expected my built b18 under the hood... memories...

JITB
08-19-2005, 06:19 PM
i tink the only way to have a sleeper honda, is to make it look bad...lol ANd or leave it stock on the outside.. even the steelies..lol

Kalifornia087
08-20-2005, 12:58 PM
i had a 1995 SHO.. that was a sleeper to me at least... 230 hp four door. they never saw it coming

1439/2000
08-21-2005, 09:53 PM
i had a 1995 SHO.. that was a sleeper to me at least... 230 hp four door. they never saw it coming

I thought about buying a sho an turboing it. Those Yamaha heads are amazing.

http://ri-sho.tripod.com/zCTSV.wmv

Great video.

psychodrama_81
08-22-2005, 06:06 PM
I wanna be as cool as JITB...oh teach me wise one!

JITB
08-22-2005, 06:16 PM
lol

rolling_trip
08-22-2005, 06:29 PM
my beater is an old 92 accord, people ask me all the time if it has a v tec in it? WTF My STI is riding with a WRX trunk on it so most people think it is a 2.0 L.

BlkCD5
08-26-2005, 10:38 PM
I get looks on my car mostly by the ricers. They just ask for a race and unfortunately they lose. I mean, if you see my car in the sig, you would think that its stock. Everyone knows around here what i have. They always ask me, "so, what mods you got?" I also get asked if i have a H22 in it. Also one time, i revved the hell outta it and this one guy asked if i had nitrous. I laughed my ass off at his stupidity and said no. Another thing is people realize I mean business when i gun the car to redline. I swear it sounds mean as hell and you should see the look on their faces. They mostly think that im gunning it passed 8k. Its the classic WTF was that type of look. I just smile back at them while they wonder.

Jordan_W
08-26-2005, 11:10 PM
haha i wish i could get to 8k in my 3G...i dont think thats gonna happen..lol

Kalifornia087
08-28-2005, 08:48 AM
I thought about buying a sho an turboing it. Those Yamaha heads are amazing.

http://ri-sho.tripod.com/zCTSV.wmv

Great video.

that would be sweet. that car was fast for a big ass four door.

1439/2000
08-28-2005, 10:35 PM
haha i wish i could get to 8k in my 3G...i dont think thats gonna happen..lol

Umm 3rd gen eclipse's are turds. I mean I know I'm the resident asshole on these forums but I mean there are cars with performance and some without.

1g and 2g awds were great but eclipses sold most of their cars to girls that wanted non turbo automatic comfy cars. Thus thats why the 3g is so wuss.

You put systems and bodykits on those not 8k into making it a "sleeper".

Like JITB's car is gonna be pretty sick if he keeps it because he "knows".

By that I mean performance without people being able to tell, furthurmore not even questioning it until after the fact.

technoteg97
08-28-2005, 10:37 PM
Daammn..this is a old thread..lol, my car..because it really is Stock.

SilverJester
08-31-2005, 01:04 AM
Shit I kinda want a sleeper. I have problems with people thinking my car is faster than it is and me never getting to race because of it. There really isn't that much done to it visually for people to think it;s that fast...I don't get it.

DrivenMind
09-01-2005, 12:30 AM
Shit I kinda want a sleeper. I have problems with people thinking my car is faster than it is and me never getting to race because of it. There really isn't that much done to it visually for people to think it;s that fast...I don't get it.

Brian Earl Spilner made everyone think you run 10s before you blow the welds on your intake.

and the FMIC can kinda gives your game away.
if Half-Baked was serious about going sleeper, he'd remove the SE-R badge, replace it with a B13 "Sentra" badge (maybe add XE for kicks) and paint the FMIC black with thermal paint.

Umm 3rd gen eclipse's are turds. I mean I know I'm the resident asshole on these forums but I mean there are cars with performance and some without.

1g and 2g awds were great but eclipses sold most of their cars to girls that wanted non turbo automatic comfy cars. Thus thats why the 3g is so wuss.

You put systems and bodykits on those not 8k into making it a "sleeper".

Like JITB's car is gonna be pretty sick if he keeps it because he "knows".

By that I mean performance without people being able to tell, furthurmore not even questioning it until after the fact.

1439, I'm not sure what it is in particular that gives away the Galant, but I always manage to spot the VR-4s when they go by. What's different about the body on the older VR-4 Galants as opposed to the normal FWD ones? It's probably something obvious, but I can't think of what the normal Galant from that gen looks like.

oh and don't listen to anything Jordan_W says.
He's a moron.

HalfBaked
09-01-2005, 07:29 AM
I'm getting a black fmic when I get a bigger one, also once I take my car to get painted, all the badges are getting removed.

But I mean still with just an se-r badge most people wouldn't assume turbo'd. Just something that handles good.

1439/2000
09-01-2005, 02:17 PM
1439, I'm not sure what it is in particular that gives away the Galant, but I always manage to spot the VR-4s when they go by. What's different about the body on the older VR-4 Galants as opposed to the normal FWD ones? It's probably something obvious, but I can't think of what the normal Galant from that gen looks like.

oh and don't listen to anything Jordan_W says.
He's a moron.

Yeah I noticed he's a douche when you look at his avatar. :rolleyes:

The Galant VR-4 was only brought to America for 2 years. Never made here just imported from 1991 to 1992. They still made newer vr4's that were basically 3000gt's v6 twins. And then the wagon vr4 known as the legnum.

The front bumper is more open and the vr4 emblem mainly. Every once in a while you'll see a usdm one with the "2.0l turbo awd 4ws" logo on the side or they'll have the 4 wheel steering sticker on the back window.

And the color matched wheels are a big thing exterior wise however interior is completely revamped. (suedu,leather everything) And the plaque on the dash like my avatar. Actually had an Evo guy ask what my numbers meant on my username :confused:

http://www.galantvr4.org/img.asp?id=18754
http://www.galantvr4.org/img.asp?id=18793

Color matched wheels:

http://www.galantvr4.org/img.asp?id=15414

4WS steering decal:

http://www.galantvr4.org/img.asp?id=15416

and for shits and giggles, Evo 8 interior swapped in(because pretty much everything part from engine to exterior/interior on those car bolts up):

http://www.galantvr4.org/img.asp?id=15420

DrivenMind
09-02-2005, 11:11 AM
New cars arent all what they are cracked up to be. I'd rather have a classic.

I went from my 97 Maxima SE to the 86 Corolla GT-S.

I don't know... for driving fun my Corolla beats the Maxima hands down, but there's this nice secure feeling I used to get when I'd drive the Maxima, knowing that a gust of wind or the draft another car wasn't going to blow me out of my lane like it does to the Corolla.

Honda4Life82
09-02-2005, 01:06 PM
that clip you got of Cruise is funny as hell man...i think he's starting to lose control of hilself since Katie Holmes

1439/2000
09-02-2005, 01:15 PM
I went from my 97 Maxima SE to the 86 Corolla GT-S.

I don't know... for driving fun my Corolla beats the Maxima hands down, but there's this nice secure feeling I used to get when I'd drive the Maxima, knowing that a gust of wind or the draft another car wasn't going to blow me out of my lane like it does to the Corolla.

Yeah alot of people thought I was retarded for doing this jump, or they think I'm poor or this is all I could afford. Little do they know MY gvr4 is worth more than the g20. Alot of people in the northeast know the galant.

JITB
09-02-2005, 08:26 PM
PLus there arent oo many newer cars as appealing as the older compacts. Its almost like some sport compact cars are getting slower - heavier less fun every year..

1439/2000
09-03-2005, 12:26 AM
PLus there arent oo many newer cars as appealing as the older compacts. Its almost like some sport compact cars are getting slower - heavier less fun every year..

+1

Not really slower, just less potential stock.

New Civic SI stock vs 1g Talon TSi stock is a close race.

Put a bleeder valve and catback on the Talon and the Civic gets its ass busted.

Cheap speed is getting kinda harder to find as far as the less than 20 market goes.

htchking
09-03-2005, 11:44 AM
older the better i think

neontuner95
09-11-2005, 01:12 AM
I have the opposite problem because my car looks heavily modded they assume its fast everytime I drive there's people trying to race me my car is slow and for show.

Ran
09-11-2005, 10:40 AM
Nobody thinks my car is stock. Mainly because it's loud as all hell.

*Car revs down the road and starts pulling into Wal-Mart*
Greg: "Awww man, here comes the Mustang guys."
Me: "Yo!"
Greg: "Oh sh*t! It's the Miata!"
:lmfao:

I do recall running a CRX on 575 once that had an H22 swap. Super sleeper. That dude was fast. :)

TranceDJ06
09-13-2005, 09:12 PM
haha..Lol^^

superbooost
09-16-2005, 12:01 AM
Some cars, even with the mods apparent you still can't take away the stigma of it being an old man mobile. My friends 313whp volvo with huge turbo, loud BOV, 26" slicks/ drag radials and large SILVER intercooler that juts out below the front bumper is still a sleeper. We can ride just about anywhere, blowing off, slinging the tail out and being just general idiots, driving agressively (its hard to get attention in that car) and people still think were just a couple of guys out causing trouble in their moms car.

I tried hard to make my car apparent, yet its still a sleeper with a 3" exhaust underneath and "got boost" sticker. Sleeper isn't so much a matter of desguising your vehicle, but of picking a vehicle that dosn't stick out in the average person's mind.

The Ren
09-16-2005, 12:05 AM
everyone assumes mine is a NA because im a girl

JITB
09-16-2005, 06:07 AM
im sorry sleeper and supra are never to be used int he same sentence... along with evo - sti - mustang - camaro - civic...

psychodrama_81
09-16-2005, 03:14 PM
Imma buy a Chevorlet Eclipse STI Spec-V, -400hp stock :D

Ran
09-23-2005, 08:47 AM
everyone assumes mine is a NA because im a girl
Everyone knows that girls don't race or anything. :jerkit:

I got spanked by a girl in a modded GTi the other day. That sucked. :doh:

Cobalier
09-28-2005, 10:41 PM
Ran Kizama can vouch for me that my car looks COMPLETELY stock but when they find out whats done the questions just start gettin poured on me. I love it.

1439/2000
09-28-2005, 10:46 PM
Ran Kizama can vouch for me that my car looks COMPLETELY stock but when they find out whats done the questions just start gettin poured on me. I love it.

Ok. What kind of car?

EDIT: Nevermind I saw your profile.

What "swap" is this?

Big Rick
09-28-2005, 10:59 PM
Ok. What kind of car?

What "swap" is this?

:stupid:

Ran
09-29-2005, 07:32 AM
Ok. What kind of car?

What "swap" is this?
He drives a Cavalier. Now read his username. There's your swap.

And yes, Cobalier, your car looks stock as hell even with the hood popped. People just don't understand until they get smoked. :goodjob:

HalfBaked
09-29-2005, 10:03 AM
So it has a motor out of a cobalt?

Still sounds slow to me.

JITB
09-29-2005, 10:18 AM
sounds nice to me!

i would like to see it.....

HalfBaked
09-29-2005, 10:41 AM
sounds nice to me!

i would like to see it.....

This is what I'd imagine it looks like...

JITB
09-29-2005, 11:18 AM
eh, u should run'em

HalfBaked
09-29-2005, 11:49 AM
I don't like running ppl who think that there car is fast.

I hate hurting feelings.

1439/2000
09-29-2005, 11:53 AM
I would love to see the sentra run the cavalier.

JITB
09-29-2005, 12:09 PM
I don't like running ppl who think that there car is fast.

I hate hurting feelings.

its all fun...

Ran
09-29-2005, 12:59 PM
its all fun...
Not to him apparently. We all know that the Sentra is nothing but a serious down-to-business man machine. :crazy:

Just a note on the side: I love the B13 SE-R, but HalfBaked seems to be a little too into himself and unappreciative of other people's cars. :jerkit:

HalfBaked
09-29-2005, 01:37 PM
No, I just don't like j-bodies.

They are poorly made cars that have some of the worst crash ratings ever.

I wouldn't drive one even if it was just handed to me.

JITB
09-29-2005, 01:53 PM
thats why u all should run...for the hatred!

Big Rick
09-29-2005, 01:55 PM
He drives a Cavalier. Now read his username. There's your swap.

And yes, Cobalier, your car looks stock as hell even with the hood popped. People just don't understand until they get smoked. :goodjob:

humm, what can it do against a stock sr20det swapped 240? if it can't outrun that i'm not impressed. u have to make a believer out of me, but i'm not knockin ur car.

HalfBaked
09-29-2005, 02:21 PM
humm, what can it do against a stock sr20det swapped 240? if it can't outrun that i'm not impressed. u have to make a believer out of me, but i'm not knockin ur car.

If he swapped the supercharged motor from the cobalt into his crapalier then it may be quickish.

Probably faster then a bone stock sr20det 240. But one with like exhaust or boost controller would rape that car I'm sure.

I'd be more then happy to race the cavalier in my sentra. Just to show him which economy car is better.

BlkCD5
09-30-2005, 03:39 PM
I bet the Sentra would show him up pretty bad. I didn't realize there was a whole lot of shit you could do to them until i saw a Se-r w/a SR20 + a frount mount at a nissan meet up in Gwinnett. Anyways, most people don't assume my car is stock cus they see the big ass muffler.

HalfBaked
09-30-2005, 03:54 PM
Man, you can't make sentras fast tho.

Mine is soo damn slow. I mean in like 1st and 2nd gear sometimes it feels like I'm not even moving it is so slow.

Ran
10-03-2005, 12:27 PM
Was your B13 the white one at Barrett? Looked clean and I think I did see a FMIC hidden behind the grill. The SR20DE in the B13 has potential (just like any other SR20) but being FWD, it's hard to utilize a lot of power as you're usually just met with a lose of traction and wheel-hop. I'd like to you and the Cobalier run one day.

HalfBaked
10-03-2005, 01:09 PM
Yes mine is the white b13 and yea that was a fmic.

There were 2 out that night, mine was the cleaner of the two haha.

I'd love to run that cobalier.

1439/2000
10-06-2005, 01:59 PM
Was your B13 the white one at Barrett? Looked clean and I think I did see a FMIC hidden behind the grill. The SR20DE in the B13 has potential (just like any other SR20) but being FWD, it's hard to utilize a lot of power as you're usually just met with a lose of traction and wheel-hop. I'd like to you and the Cobalier run one day.

Hidden behind the grille?

And it has an avenier swap. factory det.

Importdreamer56
10-08-2005, 11:22 AM
That car is ugly. Get a paint job.

But, at least you will have a fast car soon to make up for your ugly car.

melisme0
10-08-2005, 12:05 PM
sentra's are ok when done right but mine is stock other than my system and rims lowered and tv other than that all stock lol

HalfBaked
10-08-2005, 12:16 PM
My sentra isn't lowered, doesn't have a system, rims, or a TV.

But it does spin in 3rd gear.

melisme0
10-08-2005, 12:20 PM
lol funny funny half .......mine is all 3rd gear j/k