PDA

View Full Version : For anyone considering selling their car to carmax

tony
03-04-2006, 04:10 PM
May want to reconsider.. I'm just passing this bit of knowledge on to you guys. I sold my car to them on the 21st of February, waited 5 days for the check to clear and went to my credit union to make a withdraw so I can pay for this truck and they tell me carmax's check bounced. :confused: My credit union actually called their bank (Wachovia) to double check and sure enough.. insufficient funds.

I called up carmax to figure out wtf is going on and now they tell me it can take up to 10 business days instead of the 2 business days they told me when I sold them my car. Needless to say I'm pretty PISSED and I'm giving them until tuesday to have the money in my account. If an individual bounces a check they want to put you in jail and charge fees but its supposed to be okay when a business does it.

Anyway just wanted to share my experience with everyone here so nobody else goes through it, I'll probably file a complaint with the BBB either way.

imbosile
03-04-2006, 04:22 PM
wow that sucks.

The Golden Child
03-04-2006, 04:25 PM
assholes

Julio
03-04-2006, 04:28 PM
I highly doubt that it was " insufficient funds " even though your bank told you this.

Dont know Why, Just dont want to believe that.
But who knows.

tony
03-04-2006, 04:36 PM
I highly doubt that it was " insufficient funds " even though your bank told you this.

Dont know Why, Just dont want to believe that.
But who knows.

Trust me.. I didnt want to believe it and still till this day I question that, I dont see how its possible but I waited 2 hours for them to confirm it.

Julio
03-04-2006, 05:39 PM
Trust me.. I didnt want to believe it and still till this day I question that, I dont see how its possible but I waited 2 hours for them to confirm it.

damn, thats so crazy...

But on the other hand, wachovia sucks.

CopyRight
03-04-2006, 05:40 PM
that sucks man. I sold my Tacoma to them and the check cleared with no problems.

JoeCoolinATL
03-04-2006, 05:59 PM
even tho they told you nsf i doubt it is, probally gonna take up to 10 business days to clear the central bank.

tony
03-04-2006, 06:06 PM
that sucks man. I sold my Tacoma to them and the check cleared with no problems.

What was the price range on your truck? If you dont mind me asking.. I believe because the check is over $20k is whats causing the hold up

CopyRight
03-04-2006, 06:34 PM
What was the price range on your truck? If you dont mind me asking.. I believe because the check is over $20k is whats causing the hold up

lowjack
03-04-2006, 06:53 PM
Having a check bounce for that amount is a felony in some counties. Did you know that you could got to ther magistrated court and turn that in as well charge a fee penalty to make up for the NSF losses you suffered?

Check it out if they continue to be a problem.

babygurl
03-04-2006, 07:53 PM
sorry to hear about that!

My friend sold Car max her 4-runner, and the check cleared quickly!

But that sucks bro!

Repost Squintz
03-05-2006, 09:29 AM
thanx for the look out man

BTLFED
03-05-2006, 10:21 AM
Carmax is a fucking worthless, shady ass company. We won't even sell parts to the one on Barrett anymore. I wouldn't pay a dollar for a car from them.

Brandon C
03-05-2006, 10:25 AM
at my lot I believe(and NO I dont work at carmax) but You get payed when the title is delevered to the dealership...but usually same day scenerio..Next time call me I will buy your car

tony
03-05-2006, 10:53 AM
Should've told me man! The car was paid for so I had the title in hand when I sold it to them which makes it even more frustrating.. I'm not doing any financing so I've been out of $20k+ for a couple of weeks now with nothing to show for it.

Brandon C
03-05-2006, 05:41 PM
well if you ever need a car or need to sell a car hit me up I am a Professional Car Salesperson with connections all over Atlanta and Alabama

kitkat
03-05-2006, 05:55 PM
I know car max can decide when there checks clear...My friend got one from them and they said it be clear in 24 hours..3 days and another check later along with NSF fee he had another check..This isn't the first time I heard this about them..

kitkat
03-05-2006, 05:57 PM
AND that check was cashed on the spot..they have to place a code in with wachovia before they will clear the check..the dealer manager has to do that step.Thats why you are stuck waiting..

IndianStig
03-05-2006, 06:01 PM
sucks, perhaps you can squeeze a little more outta it?

but they seem like an asshole corporate run company so i say call the BBB

Julio
03-05-2006, 06:24 PM
never had any issues w/ carmax.