PDA

View Full Version : WTB: 02-03 Civic SI or 02-03 Sentra Spec V

Revredmon
03-04-2006, 02:53 PM
I'm currently in the market for a new car and I have whittled my search down to either a 02-03 SI or a 02-03 Spec V. If you are selling or thinking of selling either one of those cars let me know ASAP.

Dr.G35
03-04-2006, 09:30 PM
ive got an 02 si black, pm me if interested

Dr.G35
03-05-2006, 01:19 AM
your email doesnt work

EP3sAreFun
03-05-2006, 01:32 AM
Tripleblksi's is really nice too, was between his and the one i ended up buying. Props to him!

kenscivic
03-05-2006, 08:59 AM
i might know somebody, his is turbocharged , would that be an issue? *2002 civic si*

Revredmon
03-05-2006, 09:19 AM
My pm and email are now fixed and no I'm not interested in a turbo-charged ep3 or se-r. I perfer stock or close to stock.

Sentra
03-05-2006, 10:30 AM
If you get a Spec v make sure it is NOT on 02. bad problems with those.

aaronfelipe
03-05-2006, 10:35 AM
Tripleblksi's is really nice too, was between his and the one i ended up buying. Props to him!
Hey man, I saw you at the Toyota dealership at the mall of GA last week.I like your car.

Dr.G35
03-05-2006, 11:05 AM
i will send you another email in about 30 minutes. thanks EP3sarefun, your is coming along very very nicely i originally wanted a white one and yours is exactly the reason why props to you

EP3sAreFun
03-05-2006, 11:56 AM
Hey man, I saw you at the Toyota dealership at the mall of GA last week.I like your car.
thanks man, people either love it or hate it.

i will send you another email in about 30 minutes. thanks EP3sarefun, your is coming along very very nicely i originally wanted a white one and yours is exactly the reason why props to you
thanks man, good luck with the sale!!

DaMaGe ZWK
03-05-2006, 11:58 AM
If you get a Spec v make sure it is NOT on 02. bad problems with those.
not just the 02 its just about all of them lol...

aaronfelipe
03-05-2006, 11:59 AM
thanks man, people either love it or hate it.

thanks man, good luck with the sale!!
I love it, which is the reason why I have had 2 :goodjob:.

Revredmon
03-05-2006, 03:20 PM
guys come on quit jackin my thread! lol! I test drove some spec v's and i wasn't too impressed. they were very torquey but thats about it. the ep3 is most likely going to be my pick.

aaronfelipe
03-05-2006, 11:33 PM
guys come on quit jackin my thread! lol! I test drove some spec v's and i wasn't too impressed. they were very torquey but thats about it. the ep3 is most likely going to be my pick.
I was not jacking your thread, I was representing :eye: . I would personally go with the ep3 for performance, styling, handling,craftsmanship, and safety. Nissan's are good as well...just not a Honda!
Lemme know if you need anymore help.

Revredmon
03-06-2006, 06:42 PM
thanks bro!

Julio
03-06-2006, 07:31 PM

I got a 03 Spec V and it will own any ep3 Stock to stock.

BABY J
03-07-2006, 09:00 AM
I got a 03 Spec V and it will own any ep3 Stock to stock.

I own an 03 Spec as well. Obvioulsy "some1" is star struck by Hondas. I own 3 Hondas and they are fun to drive and mod, but they are not the only cars out there. The Spec V will own a stock EP3 in any category you choose (stock for stock) and even kills the 350Z in autox stock for stock... and that's with a solid rear axle!!! I pulled a low 14.81 STOCK in my 03 Spec... not bad for a 6 speed w/ an advertised 15.3 sec 1/4 mile time from Nissan. The car LOVES to be modded, and the QR25DE is a potent lil NA engine. Of course the 1st model year, there were issues w/ the block but from 03 on up you are good as far as the blocks go, and the "not so popular" 2nd to 3rd gear ratios in the 02 tranny. Yeah the EP3 is nice, but you'd be "just another EP3" tuner in the world full of EP3s. Live a little, if you really want an EP3 by all means get one... but do not get 1 just b/c you are uneducated about the car you chose as a possible alternate to the Spec V. Ya know?

DaMaGe ZWK
03-07-2006, 09:27 AM
I own an 03 Spec as well. Obvioulsy "some1" is star struck by Hondas. I own 3 Hondas and they are fun to drive and mod, but they are not the only cars out there. The Spec V will own a stock EP3 in any category you choose (stock for stock) and even kills the 350Z in autox stock for stock... and that's with a solid rear axle!!! I pulled a low 14.81 STOCK in my 03 Spec... not bad for a 6 speed w/ an advertised 15.3 sec 1/4 mile time from Nissan. The car LOVES to be modded, and the QR25DE is a potent lil NA engine. Of course the 1st model year, there were issues w/ the block but from 03 on up you are good as far as the blocks go, and the "not so popular" 2nd to 3rd gear ratios in the 02 tranny. Yeah the EP3 is nice, but you'd be "just another EP3" tuner in the world full of EP3s. Live a little, if you really want an EP3 by all means get one... but do not get 1 just b/c you are uneducated about the car you chose as a possible alternate to the Spec V. Ya know?
but the question is what about the catagory of how long it will last?

BABY J
03-07-2006, 09:46 AM
There are 100k plus Spec Vs on the forums still going strong. My motor --> www.seriouscustoms.com/sunbeltprogress (http://www.seriouscustoms.com/sunbeltprogress) is not a fair testament, b/c as u can see I have 250HP in N/A fashion. As long as you do not overheat the QR25DE it will last as long as any Honda motor. That's not to mention that this motor has only 4 years of R&D behind it b/c it's technically brand new (2002) and is a baby compared to the proven D, B, and H series motors. There are guys that have boosted them (QR25) w/ no probs at all as well. But in all honestly you can't sleep on a 2.5liter sooper torquey 4 cylinder... there are V6s that have less displacement! And this is coming from some1 who owns 2 Hondas as well... and I will always have a Honda in my stable. 10 years ago I thought they made all other cars obsolete... if it didn't have an Honda or Acura badge on it I didn't want it. LOL. As I grew, I matured and I realized that there are decent cars in all genres, even domestics. True I will always be an import guy to heart, but there are some potent rides out there w/ almost any badge on the hood. Yeah... arguably the Honda civic made the entire import scene what it is today... any1 who doesn't understand that needs to do their homework. The Civic (and consequently Honda as well as Acura) built the scene... but the scene is also changing and the Mitsus and Nissans are pretty much keeping the scene alive right now... the K series is putting Honda/Acura back at the"top" of the scene, but they did take a hiatus. I could go on and on, but don't wanna jack the thread. LOL. This conversation is better suited over beers than over the net. :)

Baby J

Revredmon
03-07-2006, 02:52 PM
wow! my thread has been jacked twice now. LOL

EP3sAreFun
03-07-2006, 05:54 PM
[QUOTE=BABY J]Yeah the EP3 is nice, but you'd be "just another EP3" tuner in the world full of EP3s. QUOTE]
World full of EP3s? not in the south east.

i know a total... of maybe 5-6 other georgia people that have a modded Ep3

theres tons of compatibility to get a bigger motor, tons and tons of aftermarket support...

I also wanna add... you should know the stock Ep3 is slow as balls. like 125whp and 115 tqe

course... with I/H/E you immediaetly bring that up to around 160 and 130

and with boost or nitrous you EASILY get 250s, they are also geared very well!

Julio
03-07-2006, 05:56 PM
[QUOTE=BABY J]Yeah the EP3 is nice, but you'd be "just another EP3" tuner in the world full of EP3s. QUOTE]

theres tons of compatibility to get a bigger motor, tons and tons of aftermarket support...

I also wanna add... you should know the stock Ep3 is slow as balls. like 125whp and 115 tqe

45 horses with only i/h/e ?

r0bb86
03-07-2006, 06:25 PM
check out ephatch.com if you do buy an ep, lots helpful info there.

i'd sell mine, but i doubt you'll want a jdm kit, volks, kpro and the other mods.

and im too lazy to part out.

robb

~The_Duke~
03-07-2006, 07:13 PM
Auto Trader has a couple that look good. I was looking at them to :)

EP3sAreFun
03-07-2006, 09:10 PM
[QUOTE=EP3sAreFun]

45 horses with only i/h/e ?
yup, believe it or not. Heres my Dyno, ive seen some as high as 162-ish
with a race header people get around that.
my baseline is with IHE, shorty header for me though, i still have my cat

BABY J
03-08-2006, 06:12 AM

Oh, I am not knocking the EP3 at all! In fact when they 1st dropped I put a thread out similar to this. But I had alwasy done the Honda/Acura thing, so I switched it up and got the Spec V. There are a WHOLE lot more than 5 or 6 seriously modded EP3s locally... and much less Spec Vs. All I was saying is for the decision-maker to consider EVERYTHING, to include seeing carbon-copies of your ride at the mall parking lot. At the end of the day it will be to each his own... I do know that you can source an 03 Spec for circa 11k if you do not mind driving... and that platform is definitely underated. Mine is simple on the outside, but more potent than most under the hood --> www.seriouscustoms.com/garage (http://www.seriouscustoms.com/garage) Like the EP3 the Spec V is detuned like hell from factory, and it LOVES to be modded... over 30 WHP just in the Hotshot header in most cases. It'd be a hard choice to make if you looked at it from many angles.

Baby J

Dr.G35
03-08-2006, 08:54 PM
on a day to day basis, i probably see 1 ep3 on the road, as for spec v's i see 4 to 5 a day. Ep3's are very rare in georgia but spec v's are nice too :D

BABY J
03-09-2006, 10:08 AM
on a day to day basis, i probably see 1 ep3 on the road, as for spec v's i see 4 to 5 a day. Ep3's are very rare in georgia but spec v's are nice too :D

I disagree. Sure there are PLENTY of Sentras, plenty or SERs, but not as many Spec Vs. At the end of the day they are both decent rides with plenty o potential for each. I love my back seat though --> and I love being able to still put coupes and hatches in my rear view w/ groceries on the back seat. :)

r0bb86
03-09-2006, 01:55 PM
i love no shifter in between me and my passenger, more "head" room and the ep has plenty of space for a hatch...

but i agree ep/specV's are both nice cars.

robb

d_day87
04-02-2006, 07:43 PM
i've got an 02 spec for sale check it out http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?t=51778&highlight=spec

pm me if interested.

Blownb18c
04-03-2006, 09:58 AM
I too have an 02 Spec-V for sale, as well as turbo manifold and down pipe for it and a nismo exhaust