PDA

View Full Version : Misc My kitty- Emergency question!!!??? (WARNING: NOT FOR THE WEAK STOMACH!)

fawk_you
03-04-2006, 03:07 AM
Here are pictures of my cat... he normally hates being held but doesnt "say" anything about it when u pick him up.. the past couple of days he's been crying and I havent thought anything of it. Well I picked him up and got some "stuff?" on my hand and looked and there was this? The hole is the size of a bullet... just short of dime size. Im wondering do you think it could be a bullet hole? (its located right on his brest bone... where a cat would stand up right above where his 2 leg sockets are...in the center?) Or do you think it might be a worm hole due to no blood. Im taking him to the vet in the morning.. but id like to see if anyone might know anything on this before hand. Thanks for any help.. (BTW, there is a piece of hair that has crusted up or hardened up from the ooze or whatever covering the hole but opinions from what you can see.) THANKS. :bigok:

The Golden Child
03-04-2006, 10:00 AM
maybe a cat fight

The Ren
03-04-2006, 10:12 AM
That is not a bot (a fly larva) if thats what you were thinking. That looks like a possibility of 4 things.. 1- Cat fight Wound, 2-Fence wound (fell onto a fence post or something), 3- Possible Bullet hole, or 4- Absess. The main thing is the cat will probably need to have the wound shaved, will need to have it cleaned out with some chlorihexidine and will need to possibly have a drain placed. They will also put the kitty on some antibitoic (probably clavamox).

The Green Monster
03-04-2006, 11:27 AM
i would think that if it's a bullet wound, it would've gone through the cat no?

The Golden Child
03-04-2006, 12:01 PM
if it was a bullet hole im sure the car would be dead ..

quickdodge®
03-04-2006, 12:19 PM
if it was a bullet hole im sure the car would be dead ..

As well as the cat. Later, QD.

The Golden Child
03-04-2006, 12:40 PM
As well as the cat. Later, QD.

hahahahahaha oops ..

The Ren
03-04-2006, 01:50 PM
not really.. if it was a BB gun or something it will just get lodged in the kittys skin

fawk_you
03-04-2006, 02:11 PM
Alright got him to the vet! BTW, thanks so much for the input Ren! And your number 1 choice was right. It was from a cat fight and the hole somehow got really infected. Ended up being "absess" as you said and he's staying over night to get nudered monday morning. (and to kinda heal by staying inside and what not. I think they are gona stitch him up) One thing that I found out that has broke my heart... he got tested for HIV and cancer.. his HIV test was positive... not really sure what this means and all but ive been crying all day- he's my fav. kitty and my little buddy to talk to and shit. :( Anyone know exactly what this means? I mean it cant be TOO bad since the vet wont call back and explain but yea... you know. (professional places can be that way)

The Ren
03-04-2006, 02:23 PM
Cats can live for years with FIV, so its not a death sentence. The main thing is for now on he will have to be an indoor car only for now on. FIV is spread from cat to cat through saliva and body fluids.. which he probably got FIV from the fight he was in. You will not beable to get any other cats, and it CANNOT be spread to humans, so dont worry about that. The main thing with FIV is just like HIV in humans, he can get sicker faster now and his immune system will need some help to fight off infections and sort. As far as the infection they most likely need a drain and that will come out in 4-7 days depending on how bad the wound is, and you need to keep that area as clean as possible, but you want it to ooze.. thats good for it. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask.. I've been doing this for a better part of 5+years now and will try and help with whatever I can.

The Golden Child
03-04-2006, 02:42 PM
poor kitty i was right it was from a fight ..
thats some real bad fight then ..

The Ren
03-04-2006, 02:47 PM
it probably wasnt that bad to begin with... but since it was left unnoticed, it festured and got infected and started to absess... hence how it looks now..

fawk_you
03-04-2006, 02:53 PM
Thank you for the advice again Ren. I love my kitty so damn much... he's my friend... ya know? Guess its time for his stubborn ass to be an inside cat. Just sucks he has to go through what all comes with FIV.

BTW thanks nolimit. :)

The Golden Child
03-04-2006, 05:36 PM
np hope he gets better

RandomGuy
03-14-2006, 12:15 PM
lol good luck keeping a cat indoors... when i had a cat the motherfucker would be SLICK as shit... to get outside... it'll hide behind one of my bookshelf speakers across the door... and it knows when sum1 knocks on the door that means the door is about to open... so i;d open the door and see an instant flash and its gone lol... then be back later that day all dirty and shit... be like wtf.

fawk_you
03-14-2006, 04:25 PM
I <3 professional people who bring back dead threads. lol- anyways we got him nudered and he's all healed up. He will be staying outside. Its tortue to change a cats normal habitat.

thinkfast®
03-20-2006, 08:10 PM
daamn, if your cat won the fight I hate to see the other cat

The Ren
03-20-2006, 08:12 PM
I <3 professional people who bring back dead threads. lol- anyways we got him nudered and he's all healed up. He will be staying outside. Its tortue to change a cats normal habitat.

Thats very untrue by the way.. I know people who do it all the time.. but you subjecting other cats outside to your cats FIV knowingly is inconsiderate and rude...

thinkfast®
03-20-2006, 08:24 PM
YEA YOUR CATS GONNA BE FLASHIN HER SHIT AROUND ALL OVER TOWN, LIKE SHE'S SHARON STONE OR SOME SHIT FTW!! WTF OMG

The Golden Child
03-20-2006, 10:32 PM
YEA YOUR CATS GONNA BE FLASHIN HER SHIT AROUND ALL OVER TOWN, LIKE SHE'S SHARON STONE OR SOME SHIT FTW!! WTF OMG

SHARON STONE BAHAHAHAHHA .. YOU DUMB SON OF A BITCH FTW !!!

fawk_you
03-20-2006, 10:36 PM
Thats very untrue by the way.. I know people who do it all the time.. but you subjecting other cats outside to your cats FIV knowingly is inconsiderate and rude...
Well consindering... the cat was my sister-in-law's... my brother and her got a new apartment and they gave him to us. We didnt know what shots he had and all of that... and sometimes when they get tested for FIV and all of that... they can show up positive. (EVEN IF THEY HAVE ALREADY HAD THE SHOT) He already had the shots... got that shit on paper... so he's really ok now. And with him being nudered... he wont really have any problems with other cats other than stupid BS... he wont be havin to fight over girls to mate or whatever. :)

The Ren
03-20-2006, 10:38 PM
Well consindering... the cat was my sister-in-law's... my brother and her got a new apartment and they gave him to us. We didnt know what shots he had and all of that... and sometimes when they get tested for FIV and all of that... they can show up positive. (EVEN IF THEY HAVE ALREADY HAD THE SHOT) He already had the shots... got that shit on paper... so he's really ok now. And with him being nudered... he wont really have any problems with other cats other than stupid BS... he wont be havin to fight over girls to mate or whatever. :)

since you waited this long to get him neutered he will still get into fights.. its instinct to him now.. and it doesnt matter what shots he has.. the FIV can be sent to any other cat through bodily fluids.. so the fact you are keeping him outside you are endagering other cats

fawk_you
03-20-2006, 10:43 PM
Ya know what... whatever- its my cat. I asked for help- not criticizm. Thanks

Read the previously stated post. Simple as that. I talked to the vet. He said it himself.

/thread for me. :eye:

silver
03-21-2006, 03:34 PM
I don't understand why people have cats and then the cats live outside.. It's kinda like what is the point in having a pet then.. same thing with dogs. I have two cats and they live inside... period... wouldn't let it be any other way. You have animals to enjoy their company, to love on and them show you affection back. How can someone do that when their cat is outside, having to look for shelter when it rains or is cold... I understand the whole what people do with their animals or how they raise them is their business.. but I just hate seeing stray cats and dogs.

And no I am not saying anything about anyone in this thread.. just from reading some of the stuff in this thread just kinda made me think of that... I am a big animal lover so that has a lot to do with it too.

But IMO, if I had a cat that was sick like that... and I couldnt keep it inside, I would try and find someone that could. With the cat being on the loose you can't really keep track of it and what if something happened and it got sick and couldnt get home... it has no one to save it or help it.. and if it's from a fight, I am sure its not jsut a random cat it came across, it will probably happen again.. but thats just IMO.. not attacking anyone, just my 2 cents... :D

thinkfast®
03-21-2006, 03:59 PM
having to look for shelter? the fuk you talkin about?? they are outside for part of the day, and come inside, at least thats how it works w/ my bitch coco... and she likes it!

silver
03-21-2006, 04:05 PM
Like I said.. What people do with their cats is their business... thats why I am saying in general... Not talking about your cat.. There are so many cats around my apartment that don't even have homes.. I just hate seeing strays its sad...

thinkfast®
03-21-2006, 04:06 PM
fuk cats, they are nasty and have diseases, mostly what is known as HIV

kelly marie
03-21-2006, 04:07 PM
well isnt the feline HIV similar to human HIV? if so how in the heck could a shot help to prevent spreading the disease to another cat.. lol it doesnt work that way for humans.. so therefore you are letting this cat spread diseases to other cats.. then one day the cat doesnt come home because its dead on the side of the road somewhere.. having other animals pray on it.. sounds to me like you are unresponsible.. you should have never taken on the responsibility of taking in the cat in the first place if you couldnt care for it properly.. at least take the cat to a rescue or something..

kelly marie
03-21-2006, 04:08 PM
ya im not a big fan of cats either.. my love is for dogs.. but i hate seeing animals without homes.. it bothers me.. and its lazy on the owners part IMO

silver
03-21-2006, 04:10 PM
Some people are animal people and some arent... but if you arent an animal person or can't take care of an animal like you would a child then it should have the chance to be in a better home... esp. when its sick

kelly marie
03-21-2006, 04:12 PM
agreed.. emma is my child.. lol i spoil that dog rotten.. i think she has more toys then i did as a child.. hahaha

thinkfast®
03-21-2006, 04:14 PM
OK so is this thread about the fuckin cat or is it about LeAnne?

damn you people dont know when to fuckin stop! We are in the Pets forum ok, so we wont get a whole lotta traffic? that means you may not get the support you need, so lay off on the attacks ;)

silver
03-21-2006, 04:16 PM
agreed.. emma is my child.. lol i spoil that dog rotten.. i think she has more toys then i did as a child.. hahaha

haha.. speaking of toys, I keep buying the cats toys right... and I am always buying them cause it seems like they run out or something, lol.. well the other day i was like ok these toys are going somewhere so i start looking under couches, chairs, everything.. and nothing.. so I am starting to think they eat the toys whole or soemthing.. well i think to look under the stove and JACKPOT.. I found literally about 20 toys under there, lol

kelly marie
03-21-2006, 04:17 PM
no attacks.. just stating ;) lol i would be saying the exact same thing to anyone who was saying the stupid ish she is... she knowingly lets her cat spread disease to other cats.. lol lame and stupid.. its my opinion and i can state it wherever and whenever i want.. i am very sensitive about animals so this is a touchy subject for me..

silver
03-21-2006, 04:21 PM
OK so is this thread about the fuckin cat or is it about LeAnne?

damn you people dont know when to fuckin stop! We are in the Pets forum ok, so we wont get a whole lotta traffic? that means you may not get the support you need, so lay off on the attacks ;)

I AM TALKING ABOUT FUCKIN CATS IN MY POST.. and I stated that I wasnt attacking anyone.. so why dont YOU LAY OFF THE FUCKING ATTACKS! My post is about cats thank you and just incase, go re read the damn thing cause I stated that I wasnt singling out anyone several times just because of people like you always trying to start shit... so please BACK THE FUCK OFF just some of the things said made me think about that and I didnt want to start a whole new thread so excuse the fuck outta me! Good Day!

thinkfast®
03-21-2006, 04:23 PM
so if I told you my cat had hepatitis from sharin a needle with other cats, and the bitch cat was used to runnin the streets, and shes gonna roam the streets anyways, you'd be upset at me? because I let her do what she wants and run the block? TRAP OR DIE, know what I'm sayin?

Honestly I raised the bitch right, its not my fault if she's trappin at all times of the nite, I cant even handle her any more!! where did I go wong?? ITS NOT MY FAULT!!!:tear:

kelly marie
03-21-2006, 04:23 PM
lol i wont deny i dont like the girl..

thinkfast®
03-21-2006, 04:24 PM
I AM TALKING ABOUT FUCKIN CATS IN MY POST.. and I stated that I wasnt attacking anyone.. so why dont YOU LAY OFF THE FUCKING ATTACKS! My post is about cats thank you and just incase, go re read the damn thing cause I stated that I wasnt singling out anyone several times just because of people like you always trying to start shit... so please BACK THE FUCK OFF just some of the things said made me think about that and I didnt want to start a whole new thread so excuse the fuck outta me! Good Day!

I was talkin to that xterra hoochie, so chill out. I didnt even read your last post, and this post well I just quoted it. so good for you, I'm glad you feel that way and all that jazz. GO TEAM

kelly marie
03-21-2006, 04:25 PM
freakin a ricky.. lol simma down.. lets just agree to disagree.. cuz everyone feels differently..

silver
03-21-2006, 04:25 PM
so if I told you my cat had hepatitis from sharin a needle with other cats, and the bitch cat was used to runnin the streets, and shes gonna roam the streets anyways, you'd be upset at me? because I let her do what she wants and run the block?

Honestly I raised the bitch right, its not my fault if she's trappin at all times of the nite, I cant even handle her any more!! where did I go wong?? ITS NOT MY FAULT!!!:tear:

Like I said... Wat someone does with their animals is their business... But that doesnt change peoples views on what they think is humane or not humane...

kelly marie
03-21-2006, 04:26 PM
I was talkin to that xterra hoochie, so chill out. I didnt even read your last post, and this post well I just quoted it. so good for you, I'm glad you feel that way and all that jazz. GO TEAM hahahaha

thinkfast®
03-21-2006, 04:27 PM
Like I said... Wat someone does with their animals is their business... But that doesnt change peoples views on what they think is humane or not humane...

all I know is, if I just do good, and live my life right, raise this bitch of a cat, and she turn out to wanna trap at all times, I cant help it!! its in her cat blood, I mean I dont know what her daddy was doin, you feel me? Shit aint sweet out there on them streets, the cat is just doin what it knows, to SURVIVE in them crazy streets. the game dont wait sweetie, you betta act like you know

TRAP OR DIE

thinkfast®
03-21-2006, 04:27 PM
hahahaha

wanna hang out later or what? mean ass, dont even call me no more

thassss ok!!!

silver
03-21-2006, 04:28 PM
all I know is, if I just do good, and live my life right, raise this bitch of a cat, and she turn out to wanna trap at all times, I cant help it!! its in her cat blood, I mean I dont know what her daddy was doin, you feel me? Shit aint sweet out there on them streets, the cat is just doin what it knows, to SURVIVE in them crazy streets. the game dont wait sweetie, you betta act like you know

TRAP OR DIE

Lol.. that was actually kinda funnay, lol

kelly marie
03-21-2006, 04:29 PM
wanna hang out later or what? mean ass, dont even call me no more

thassss ok!!!i have a boyfriend.. i have never called you.. lol i dont even have your digits.. lol and you are mean to me.. goodness.. i thought guys like cat fights.. hahahaha im going home now.. byes byes

thinkfast®
03-21-2006, 04:39 PM
ok, I see how it is, you picked up on another males scent and you dip out.. thats fine, just remember who the Alpha Male is UP IN THIS BITCH!!!

fawk_you
03-21-2006, 08:16 PM
Ya know what... whatever- its my cat. I asked for help- not criticizm. Thanks

Read the previously stated post. Simple as that. I talked to the vet. He said it himself.

/thread for me. :eye:

\Thread for just a fucking second.
Let me quote myself here. I love the snide comments. You do what you will with your animals... I will do what I will with mine. The cat is fine... he didnt have HIV... LEARN TO FUCKING READ. He got a cut... simple as that. If I wanted criticizim I would have posted this in the whoreslounge so yall could say something negative about me while you are at it... I asked for fucking help... suggestions... ON THE PREVIOUS SITUATION. Just so you know... cats... are natural born hunters. :eye: Thats what they do. I will treat my animals as I believe they should be treated... to have a natural life... as for dogs... pretty sure thats a diff. story. ;) Yet again. /thread for me. Shove the snide shit up your ass. Go suck on each others pussies or whatever. Cause im sure thats what you do anyways. :lmfao:

silver
03-21-2006, 08:56 PM
\Thread for just a fucking second.
Let me quote myself here. I love the snide comments. You do what you will with your animals... I will do what I will with mine. The cat is fine... he didnt have HIV... LEARN TO FUCKING READ. He got a cut... simple as that. If I wanted criticizim I would have posted this in the whoreslounge so yall could say something negative about me while you are at it... I asked for fucking help... suggestions... ON THE PREVIOUS SITUATION. Just so you know... cats... are natural born hunters. :eye: Thats what they do. I will treat my animals as I believe they should be treated... to have a natural life... as for dogs... pretty sure thats a diff. story. ;) Yet again. /thread for me. Shove the snide shit up your ass. Go suck on each others pussies or whatever. Cause im sure thats what you do anyways. :lmfao:

Like I said in my post... I was not directing anything towards anyone.. and yes that includes you!! I took interest in your thread and you have since took your cat to the vet and from what you say he is apparently ok now.. thats great.. I had some thoughts about animals that kinda had some relation to what some people said in here (not comments towards anyone, just made me think) and I was kinda bored so I made a post.. Fuck the whoreslounge, my post had to do with cats, so get over yourself.. my last few posts towards you or in your threads have actually been someone civil and I have not been a bitch like I could have so I hope that your little post you just made didn't have anything to do with in reference to my post... thanks.. good day!!

fawk_you
03-21-2006, 09:01 PM
Like I said in my post... I was not directing anything towards anyone.. and yes that includes you!! I took interest in your thread and you have since took your cat to the vet and from what you say he is apparently ok now.. thats great.. I had some thoughts about animals that kinda had some relation to what some people said in here (not comments towards anyone, just made me think) and I was kinda bored so I made a post.. Fuck the whoreslounge, my post had to do with cats, so get over yourself.. my last few posts towards you or in your threads have actually been someone civil and I have not been a bitch like I could have so I hope that your little post you just made didn't have anything to do with in reference to my post... thanks.. good day!!
Indirectly, thank you for being civil...and staying on topic. :) Really. Was actually refering to others. :) Thanks.

kelly marie
03-22-2006, 08:31 AM
I asked for fucking help... suggestions... my suggestion was to be more responsible.. as i said to ricky.. everyone feels differently on this topic.. i was stating my opinion and thats it.. just like you do all the fuckin time.. so that is all..

silver
03-22-2006, 08:38 AM
my suggestion was to be more responsible.. as i said to ricky.. everyone feels differently on this topic.. i was stating my opinion and thats it.. just like you do all the fuckin time.. so that is all..

I love you!