PDA

View Full Version : Misc Broken computer..........

Brut
03-02-2006, 10:59 AM
I broke my computer again some how. if someone could help me with this it would be awsome. heres what happened. i installed the itunes and quicktime crap from the cd that came with the ipod video i bought. and when i installed it, itunes said that theres a update for itunes and i downloaded the update and installed the new version. it asked me to restart the computer so i did. but then when it restarts it goes through the normal things like the Compaq screen that says press F1 for setup and f10 for system recovery. It passes this page and goes to a black screen that has a blinking white _ at the top left corner. i restarted my computer like 30 times and i tryed to do system recovery 30 times also. but when i press the F10 at the Compaq screen it doesnt do anything. sometimes it brings me to the setup screen. does anyone know how i can fix this problem. later today im going to bring it to Computime and have them fix it if no one knows how to fix it. any help at all would be apperciated.

v3rd1g0
03-02-2006, 12:30 PM
if you still have your windows cd, put that in the computer, restart computer and boot from the cd. when it asks what you want to do choose repair or w/e. it should turn to a dos screen after that. this is where you choose the windows installation you want to repair. choose your windows directory. now type "fixboot". i think this should help but i'm not positive. it's always worth a try

civicracer5000
03-02-2006, 02:09 PM
just insert your windows cd in and restart the computer don't press anything and this should lead you to the users screen, then log in start the windows cd and click repair windows that shoul do it.

threehundred
03-02-2006, 02:44 PM
is the iPod cd still in the drive? if so, take it out. Reboot, hit F10 or whatever your computer says for Boot Menu/Boot Order/etc. Make sure its attempting to boot from the hard drive and not the iPod cd.

chrisdavis
03-02-2006, 06:55 PM
is the iPod cd still in the drive? if so, take it out. Reboot, hit F10 or whatever your computer says for Boot Menu/Boot Order/etc. Make sure its attempting to boot from the hard drive and not the iPod cd.

Also if the ipod is still hooked up to the usb and is set for disk use the comp will try to boot off of the ipod instead of its own hard drive.

uproot
03-02-2006, 07:03 PM

yeah i'm thinkin thats the problem too

threehundred
03-02-2006, 11:08 PM
Also if the ipod is still hooked up to the usb and is set for disk use the comp will try to boot off of the ipod instead of its own hard drive.

Right, its boot order could have USB above local drive.

Your sig with that quote is awesome. I remember when he posted that, I cracked up!

chrisdavis
03-03-2006, 02:08 AM
Right, its boot order could have USB above local drive.

Your sig with that quote is awesome. I remember when he posted that, I cracked up!

Man I had just got home from a really shitty night at work and I logged on to IA and saw that post. I damn near passed out from laughing at it.

Flip
03-03-2006, 02:14 AM
Just something really funny... I saw your thread, clicked it, then Firefox crashed LOL. I was like damn right , broken computer hahahah!!!

~The_Duke~
03-03-2006, 03:57 PM
If none of those other things work. Try listening to your hard drive to make sure that it isnt making any clicking noises and make sure that the drive spinning up and down while attempting to boot.

v3rd1g0
03-03-2006, 07:57 PM
hmmm wouldn't think itunes would cause a drive to malfunction, sounds like a soft problem somewhere...

ClipseGST
03-03-2006, 08:18 PM
Hey Bud,

I have my own computer company, shoot me an email @ briangoodman AT tmail.com or PM me your email., I'll be able to help you with your problem. It seems like something small, but it could be something a little major.

Brian Goodman
Essence Technology

chrisdavis
03-04-2006, 07:54 AM
hmmm wouldn't think itunes would cause a drive to malfunction, sounds like a soft problem somewhere...

It is not so much iTunes as it may be his computer trying to boot the CD drive before the hard drive. He was just stating to make sure there was no CD in the CD Drive.

v3rd1g0
03-04-2006, 10:22 AM
ah alright, i infered that you were telling him to check for spinning to see if the drive itself is working. I'm sure he's taken the cd out now that like 4 or 5 ppl as suggested it lol. to me it sounds like a boot problem, i had something like this happen to one of my other comps, ran fixboot and it stated up fine again

ReCkLe5s
03-20-2006, 10:47 PM
is this problem fixed yet.