PDA

View Full Version : Progressive Auto Insurance

B16a2 Civic
03-01-2006, 10:08 AM
Experiences with them?
they quoted me a good price, are they considered liability insurance
do they protect items in your car that may get stolen or if your car gets stolen
im waiting for an agent to call me back, but i wanted to know know ya'll experiences and what not

kelly marie
03-01-2006, 10:12 AM
i like them... when i got rear ended in my altima a couple years ago they were great... my rates are low and i have full coverage.. last year they created another division which is called Drive Insurance.. they switched me to that and its still good :)

trythefly
03-01-2006, 10:16 AM
I have used them for 5+ years now and like them. Easy to work with when needed. Lowest rates for me I can find.

babygurl
03-01-2006, 10:24 AM
I have had them for close to a year, they have reasonable rates, Cheapest I have gotten in a long time.

They work quick to settle a claim...and I believe they have the type of insurance you are speaking of! Make sure to ask them!

B16a2 Civic
03-01-2006, 10:34 AM
well yeah, i made a custom policy, but i dont know if they will classify it as liability or full coverage, if i get liability, the bank will increase my loan, which i dont want.
Thanks for sharing ya'll, sounds they are very good

{X}Echo419
03-01-2006, 11:18 AM
STAY AWAY FROM PROGRESSIVE!!! I used to work at a body shop and Progressive is among the Worst to deal with. i.e. paying for Correct repair, coming out to look at the car, and they try and cut coners by putting after market parts on. And when I say After market, I mean the Cheap shit.
This it (to me and those I worked with) the top 5 worst to deal with:
5. AllState
4. Progressive
3. Nationwide(not on your side)
2. Safeway( personal; exp.)
1. USAA. they are by FAR the worst insurance co. to deal with if you've been hit or even if you damaged your car all alone. I'll give U the guy's(insurance adjuster for Ga.) name if you run into them. And I'd be glad to give you som pointers should you find yourself involved with any of the above.

If it's not to expensive I would recommend

5. State Farm(I know the Ga. adjusters very well)
4. Acceptance(sounds cheap but decient people)
3. Hartford
2. Cincinatti(spelling) Casualit. Just send in the estimate/supplment and they'll pay it
1. Georgia Farm Bureau( same as #2) fantastic co.! :goodjob:

blacknightteg
03-01-2006, 11:19 AM
i only know good things about them, my aunt used to work for them

RISKYB
03-01-2006, 11:23 AM
depends on the policy you get, i have insurance with them and have always goten good quick service from the

Pedal
03-01-2006, 11:31 AM
i have been fucked by them several times. i got canceld off of state farm and progressive was one of few that would pick it up....my car got broke into they paid nothing, my car got hit in a parking lot they paid nothing, got into a uninshured motorist accidnet (other guy had no ish) they paid nothing and never did anything about it like they siad (lawsuits etc.)......keep in mind i had FULL COVERAGE INSH. my sugestion would be HELL NO....now this car was a show car that i drove everyday...but all they did was keep me legal when i got pulled over.....pay more somewhere that will take care of your shit, but talk to the agent fully about what you have and see what they cover, i now have Nationwide and they cover anything that replaces the factory equipment....that includes my motor swap, radio , etc.... but no SUBS or thing of that nature

tony
03-01-2006, 11:47 AM
Progressive sucks if you're highly modified.. when I hit the deer in my G35 I had to pay for all the parts out of pocket and then get reimbursed by them weeks later.. and even then I didnt get reimbursed for everything.

B16a2 Civic
03-01-2006, 12:17 PM
hmnmm, im just looking to get covered if my car is stolen or my in car audio ( tv's etc) is stolen, i set up an appointment with an agent when i get off, i'll be sure to ask alot of questions tho, i just hate my current insurance

thinkfast®
03-01-2006, 01:30 PM
I wouldnt do it homey...

I was with them for about 3 years, the last straw was when I has a Special Investigator call me on a claim, talkin about "did I do this damage myself"

Progressive can EAD

B16a2 Civic
03-01-2006, 02:11 PM
hmmm, they discriminate on you, they will discriminate on me

thinkfast®
03-01-2006, 02:45 PM
thats what I'm sayin homey... no claims in 3 years I was with them, then my impala gets keyed at a movie premiere, shit is on camera!!! and they askin me some BS like that... it was scandalous mane

CMO
03-01-2006, 03:18 PM
Shit, I love Progressive I've had nothing but gppd dealings with them. Hell they paid off the Mitsu when I drove that fucker off a bridge.

thinkfast®
03-01-2006, 03:33 PM
they are garbage

dont do it!

DP97ACCORDLX
03-01-2006, 04:46 PM
hey ricky i got them and they've been great so far