PDA

View Full Version : Valve Cover Bolt Broke

93dituneex
03-01-2006, 02:22 AM
A buddy of mine was taking his valve cover off about 2 weeks ago to paint it when it was really cold and his car had been sitting for a week or two and one of the bolts broke off down in the thread hole. Does anybody know a way to get the broken part of the bolt out of the thread hole? Anybody know anybody that that can do it and actually knows what they're doing? Any help would be highly appreciated!

i4_garage
03-01-2006, 10:29 AM
have to see it to fix it....lolz

dereksi
03-01-2006, 10:31 AM
drill it. but yea need to see it to fix it

93dituneex
03-01-2006, 06:03 PM
yea someone told him he needed to drill it........either one of you know you can fix it if it ain't too bad? He needs someone to fix it for him and of course he can't drive it cause of that bolt being broke. He is trying to find someone who might be nice enough to ride to his house and see about fixing it for him.

EK2ner
03-01-2006, 06:46 PM
thanx for postin this for me Joe. its my car hes talkin bout. i took the valve cover off my civic and had it painted, and when i was boltin it back onto the head, one of the bolts broke off in half. i figured i might could take some needle noses and just try n twist it back out, but it broke off just a lil bit to far. im willing to pay someone to come take a look and maybe fix it, or give me some good advice where i could maybe do it myself.

threehundred
03-01-2006, 06:53 PM
You can buy a drill bit set that is for extracting bolts. It drills in, threads reversed, then you twist it out. Go to any autoparts store, they'll show you what to buy and how to do it. All you need is a good drill and patience.

93dituneex
03-02-2006, 09:44 AM
thanks man, might end up trying that appreciate the help

speedminded
03-02-2006, 10:53 AM
extractor bit or drill and tap it.