PDA

View Full Version : General Chat GSXR Throttle Bodies

Jagermeister
03-01-2006, 02:03 AM
Anybody local ever build a set of ITB's for a B motor out of GSXR itb unit,
If so how well did it work? Ive read on Honda Tech where it was done but has anybody here in Atl done it.

1civic
03-05-2006, 11:39 PM
You know the answer to this Todd... :jerkit: .... :2up:

Jagermeister
03-06-2006, 10:05 PM
:cool: We'll be the first :bigok:

1civic
03-07-2006, 01:12 AM
Yeah unless someone comes out the wood works in the ATL....Really is there anyone who has done ITB's ....I mean themselfs Like built them... :goodjob:

speedminded
03-09-2006, 03:16 PM
I've been thinking about it for nearly 2 years (does that count?) :) , buy the plate pre-maid so don't have to butcher up a stock intake manifold for the same price...i know someone that has a set of ITB's from a 929rr. I've read the how-to's & seen a million tech articles and want to do it. Don't really care if my clothes smell like gas after driving or not...i'll just figure out a way to vent the interior.

The only thing stopping me right now is the cost, not just the cost of building the setup but the extra $1,200 needed for a standalone ecu because constant tuning is required....per barometric pressure changes, altitude, etc.

Jagermeister
03-10-2006, 07:30 AM
Same here been thinking about it forever but just can't bring myself to spend the $ on a stand alone. Thats wh I was trying to find someone local that may have already done it, I need to see to believe it.