PDA

View Full Version : Renters Insurance (Allstate)

Rican219
02-28-2006, 05:41 PM
Anyone ever delt with Allstate and a Renters Insurance Claim? How was your Out come? For those who don't know my apartment flooded and I just sent them and Itemized list of what I had damaged.

Thanx for any help! :goodjob:

thinkfast®
02-28-2006, 06:43 PM
as long as you got receipts you should be OK homey :D

you get my sauce?

Julio
02-28-2006, 07:11 PM
renters insurance sucks in GENERAL. Not sure as far as flood goes, Im sure pictures will do.
Dont think you need receipts,

W/ a break in, you do not need receipts, A police report and report most things while the cop is at your place taking the report.

thinkfast®
02-28-2006, 09:21 PM
If you want ACV (actual cash value) versus what they think its worth you need receipts homey. I underwrite policies all day, and they payin me for it. Dont worry about pictures, the adjuster will come out and take his own to write up the claim.

Most companies will cover flood around these parts.. if you were near the coast line though it would probably be a different story

you get my sauce?

Tiff-O-Bitties
03-01-2006, 12:51 PM
I have it, but I haven't had to use it... sorry about that babe.

B16a2 Civic
03-01-2006, 12:52 PM
i used it when the apatrment connected to mine caught on fire and it spread to mine, they sucked with the clotehs that were damaged, they told me to take it to teh cleaners to get teh smell out and it didn't work but they reimbursed for teh cleaners but not my clothes, everythign else i was reimbursed with receipts, even the hotel stay...

carrascopa
03-01-2006, 12:54 PM
receipts receipts receipts... they always want fucking receipts.. shit pisses me off too.. I had 300 dvds stolen from my house a yr ago and i didnt have the receipts for my shit! actually i had a buch of shit taken.. after talking to my insurance company i just decided to not follow through with the claim and just buy new shit outta my own pocket.. blaaa its whatever..

good luck man..

B16a2 Civic
03-01-2006, 12:56 PM
receipts receipts receipts... they always want fucking receipts.. shit pisses me off too.. I had 300 dvds stolen from my house a yr ago and i didnt have the receipts for my shit! actually i had a buch of shit taken.. after talking to my insurance company i just decided to not follow through with the claim and just buy new shit outta my own pocket.. blaaa its whatever..

good luck man..

same with me, but teh fire ( which was electrical) shorted out a big screen tv my dad bought a few years back and gave to me when i moved in, since he didn't have teh receipt, i couldnt get it replaced.

IronEagle
03-01-2006, 09:43 PM
That is total bs B16a2Civic. Damn.

Sry to read that Rican. Hope they treat you right man.

B16a2 Civic
03-02-2006, 07:49 AM
That is total bs B16a2Civic. Damn.

Sry to read that Rican. Hope they treat you right man.

what are you callin BS on, elaborate bitch.

thinkfast®
03-02-2006, 01:46 PM
aahaha someone gettin served

LIRL

B16a2 Civic
03-02-2006, 01:54 PM
aahaha someone gettin served

LIRL

im sayin, is that nigga tryna call me a liar.
what i got to lie for?
lucky this aint the streets, bitch.

thinkfast®
03-02-2006, 02:56 PM
hells yea, streets is talkin mane, lyin aint the thing to do... neither is lyin on people

-1 for him, boo :hiss:

B16a2 Civic
03-02-2006, 03:13 PM
hells yea, streets is talkin mane, lyin aint the thing to do... neither is lyin on people

-1 for him, boo :hiss:

yeah mayne, nigga think we dont keeps it real

KEEPS IT REALER THEN REAL DEAL HOLYFIELD

dELfONiK
03-02-2006, 03:21 PM
If you want ACV (actual cash value) versus what they think its worth you need receipts homey. I underwrite policies all day, and they payin me for it. Dont worry about pictures, the adjuster will come out and take his own to write up the claim.

Most companies will cover flood around these parts.. if you were near the coast line though it would probably be a different story

you get my sauce?

What if it's a hand written receipt, like this?

http://graphics.samsclub.com/images/products/0008795827013_LG.jpg

thinkfast®
03-02-2006, 03:34 PM
thats a receipt, aint it??

as long as there is a model/serial # on it, its all good

just make sure they have diff handwriting :lmfao:

dELfONiK
03-02-2006, 07:01 PM
thats a receipt, aint it??

as long as there is a model/serial # on it, its all good

just make sure they have diff handwriting :lmfao:

:lmfao:

Julio
03-02-2006, 08:42 PM
thinkfast can underwrite policies all day long.. But for
some Insurance companies YOU DO NOT NEED A RECEIPTS, dont let the insurance company try to feed you bullshit. ALWAYS READ YOUR POLICY AND UNDERSTAND IT.
You do need serial numbers and models numbers most def.

As far as theft goes wich I know is diffrent as a flood, might work diffrent.

You come home, Place is broken into, You call the cops, Try to figure out what They took if possible, When the police comes let him know what was stolen, Cop will ask you how much you pay for the products stolen he will write them down on the police report.
Call your insurance company, they will send you a itemized sheet.. you must make sure it matches the police report.
LIST PRODUCT
PRICE
DATE OF PURCHASES
NEW OR OLD
WHERE YOU GOT IT FROM
SERIAL #'s OR MODEL #'s

The insurance company will do like a 15 or 20 % depreciation...

and Waaaaaaallaaaaaaaa... taken care of.

How Do I know? My apartment was broken into.. We lost about 8 k worth of shit.
I was never asked for a receipt.

But thats for theft.

thinkfast®
03-03-2006, 12:11 AM
Just like you said homey - for theft. I'm speaking on Ricans case and most companies work the same in cases like these.. and in any case, receipts arent REQUIRED, but if you want anything close to what you paid for it, I'd keep em.