PDA

View Full Version : This is what happens to your "average" Lamborghini Murcielago owner......

SilviaK93
03-06-2005, 11:40 PM
Today we were up in the mtns, and what a beautiful day it was for it. Well a buddy of mine that I work with and I are cruising down the road. When we begin to turn right onto an undisclosed road I look up and to my surprise there is Lamborghini Murcielago turning the same direction.:eek: By the time I see him it is to late for me to let him turn in front of me as the guy I am with would have possibly hit me from behind. So I make the turn as does Daniel(my buddy) and his girlfriend riding his CBR 600RR. I watch closely in my mirror to check out the car. It was teal green in color and amazingly sweet as you would expect for $282,000.00. So we continue down the road and we approach a T- intersection. I slow as I dont know if he will go right or continue straight. He turns right:mad: so Daniel and I pull a u-turn at the next driveway and follow. When the Lambo realized we turned around he nailed it and took off before we could completely catch up to him. Now there is the Lambo in front, my Z, and the 600RR in back. We then come up on two more bikes, happens to be a guy Yankee and his girlfriend Crystal we were riding with earlier. So we come around a turn and it is a nice straight fairly long passing zone. Yankee pulls to the right a bit as does Crystal and they wave the Lambo by. BAM!!!! He hits it hard just as I thought. We were at about 55mph so I dump it to third......should have gone to second, oh well... and the Z bogs for a second as the lambo pulls a car or two away. Once we hit about 65-70 where third is strong we are dead even,:D him not pulling me, and me not catching him. Daniel follows on his bike and says he reached 124mph (had a passenger) and said he couldnt really catch us. Now we hit the turns, and mind you this is a new road to me and never been down it before:(. Those huge tires of his are throwing rocks all over the place so I give him about 3 or 4 cars of gap b/t us. We went about 1-1.5 miles and I never lost site of him and maintained my 3 to 4 car gap. This guy must have hated that his $282,000.00 was being tailed by a $51,000.00 American sports car.:eek: :D At the end he powers out of a turn just a bit more than I do and gets away just a hair, but I catch back up on the next turn. He then decides to pass the Isuzu Rodeo up ahead in a blind turn midway through......... :eek: I of course do not follow, check my pants, and pull over to wait about 45-60 seconds for the bikes to show up.:)

That was the ultimate adrenaline rush I have ever had. I could not let that car get away without playing a little bit. Here are some stats......

Lamborghini Murcielago
$282,000.00
V12 571hp & 479tq (engine ratings) AWD
3638lbs

vs.

Z06
$51,000.00
V8 366rwhp & 359rwtq RWD
3040lbs

Hanging with this car shouldnt have even been possible, but it goes to show you just because someone has a ton of money and can afford a car like that doesnt mean they can drive a car like that! ;)

OWNED! :D

ct9a gsr
03-07-2005, 12:30 AM
Sounds like lots of adrenaline 'n fun... hehe, those mountain runs can be scarey sometimes. Nice job keeping up with the Lambo. =]

By the way, were you the one that posted on the previous IA.com forum saying you'd wanna race me sometime? If so, you should come upto Commerce sometime and we can stage against each other, it'd be fun. :)

AznTraitor
03-07-2005, 07:53 AM
Sounds like lots of adrenaline 'n fun... hehe, those mountain runs can be scarey sometimes. Nice job keeping up with the Lambo. =]

By the way, were you the one that posted on the previous IA.com forum saying you'd wanna race me sometime? If so, you should come upto Commerce sometime and we can stage against each other, it'd be fun. :)

commerce and marshall dont get along too well ;)

SilviaK93
03-07-2005, 11:17 AM
commerce and marshall dont get along too well ;)

This is very true and dragstrips dont like me in general. :(

SilviaK93
03-07-2005, 11:19 AM

Yeah that was me. I was wanting to give you a run from a roll like you did with the other Z, just as comparison. :) Thanks about the Lambo, I knew I couldnt pass that one up. I mean how often do you see one of those and in the mtns of all places.

Trey
03-07-2005, 12:01 PM
Sounds like the Lambo driver was afraid to push it. :D

SilviaK93
03-07-2005, 12:22 PM

he was pushing it if it was dumb enough to pass a car mid blind turn..........he just couldnt handle the car. :D

Noodlez
03-07-2005, 12:29 PM
ive seent hat exact same lambo

Dragonfly5338
03-07-2005, 01:27 PM
LOL - awesome Marshall. Don't you love making people realize that they just spent an obscene amount of money on a car that isn't up to their expectations? I passed a Porshe Boxter once when he tried to gun it and cut infront of me, and I just died - you spent HOW much on a car, and you can't pass a girl in a 4cyl Lancer? Bwahaha! Nice drivin' in the vette, man. :)

Trey
03-07-2005, 02:28 PM
he was pushing it if it was dumb enough to pass a car mid blind turn..........he just couldnt handle the car. :D

Naw, that's just stupid, I bet he was scared to roll on the gas a lil more. :D

Nismo
03-07-2005, 09:20 PM
I passed a Porshe Boxter once when he tried to gun it and cut infront of me, and I just died - you spent HOW much on a car, and you can't pass a girl in a 4cyl Lancer? Bwahaha!

Because you know how the boxster costs maybe 10k more than a lancer, has 50 less horsepower, but its much nice and more respected in every aspect. Just look at the interior of each, mistu=econo crap box(nothing wrong w/ that i like evos, just too over played for what they are really) boxster = refined sports car

SilviaK93
03-08-2005, 12:21 PM
I passed a Porshe Boxter once when he tried to gun it and cut infront of me, and I just died - you spent HOW much on a car, and you can't pass a girl in a 4cyl Lancer? Bwahaha!

Because you know how the boxster costs maybe 10k more than a lancer, has 50 less horsepower, but its much nice and more respected in every aspect. Just look at the interior of each, mistu=econo crap box(nothing wrong w/ that i like evos, just too over played for what they are really) boxster = refined sports car

sure doesnt seem like you like evo's to me, in two of the post I just read of yours you are dogging them....hmmmm......:(

Dragonfly5338
03-08-2005, 01:39 PM
The point is: If you paid 10k less than my car, and have 50hp less.. don't act like your car is more than what it really is. You're driving a boxster, not a 911turbo.

Besides, he can talk all he wants. Judging from his name he probably has another groupie 240. Is all good, let him have his fun. ;)

Nismo
03-08-2005, 03:00 PM
actually i dont have a 240sx. I do like evos, i mean if i had 30k to spend on a car i would get one in a second. Im just tired of people making them out to be gods greatest gift to man kind.

Dragonfly5338
03-08-2005, 04:24 PM
they're not. i just like mine. so there. :)

FastEvo8
03-08-2005, 05:58 PM
Glad you had fun, I feel the same when I can hang up or beat somebody with more expensive cars than mine, but I would like to add my opinion: Lambos are overrated, they are a beautiful piece of work but they are not so good as you expect it.
I saw Best motoring videos that can prove that, fifth gear proved it (EVO FQ400 vs murcielago).
Lambos are a luxury car but they are not the ultimate performer.

mehulwrx
03-11-2005, 02:39 PM
[QUOTE=Nismo]I passed a Porshe Boxter once when he tried to gun it and cut infront of me, and I just died - you spent HOW much on a car, and you can't pass a girl in a 4cyl Lancer? Bwahaha!

unless your talking about the brand new $50000 2005 Boxster your dead wrong the boxster interior is worse then a Mustangs
ive seen stock corrolas with better interiors

rickgiblin
03-16-2005, 10:49 PM
ok i know that im just butting in on this conversation but in everyones honest oppinion what do you think would win... a evo or wrx?

Dragonfly5338
03-17-2005, 01:15 AM
stock for stock? evo.

modded for modded? unless wrx has MAJOR turbo upgrade - evo.

Ruiner
03-18-2005, 11:04 PM
Wow, just wow.

Why does everyone always bring up price difference when comparing horsepower? There isn't a price per horsepower equation, ya know. I drive a very expensive vehicle and I can tell you that for a fact.

It's not even worth the logic, but I will say this: Despite some of the comments in this thread, I can promise you that the guy in the lambo doesn't care if he gets beat. I have been outrun by a car that is 1/10th of the price of my car. Did I care? Nope. Not at all. :)

FrnkPwrs
04-04-2005, 11:10 AM
unless your talking about the brand new $50000 2005 Boxster your dead wrong the boxster interior is worse then a Mustangs
ive seen stock corrolas with better interiors

Funny, the boxster that i dirve all the time looks nothing like a stock corrola, and its not a 2005. Granted the speakers in it stock are bullshit, but the money is more than just the horsepower. Have you ever driven a boxter? Have you ran your hand over the grade of leather on the seats and compared it to the cloth in a corolla? Have you tried hitting a turn at highspeed in one before, if you want to talk performance. LOL, you have to actually experience driving the car. Its more than just saying I drive a car. When im driving, usually everybody in every civic, integra, mustang, 240, evo, s2k, rx7, spec v, shopping cart, skateboard, and horse and buggy tries to race me, cuts me off on purpose, or talks to me at a light about their turbo kit they just got that will whoop my ass, and I dont even street race and barely speed!

The money isnt the main factor! You dont even have to spend big money to appreciate it! A Cadillac CTS is like $35k. I would take a CTS over a RSX-S with $14k of work any day. You pay for the engineering, the name, higher quality paint, parts, EVERYTHING! When you buy a bimmer, do you think that people are content if they piece togethor turbo kits from junk yard parts? Its not the same. Go to car max and sit in one of the nicer cars. You can test drive every car on the lot at car max. Check it out and then post back

Ruiner
04-04-2005, 11:18 AM
The money isnt the main factor! You dont even have to spend big money to appreciate it! A Cadillac CTS is like $35k. I would take a CTS over a RSX-S with $14k of work any day. You pay for the engineering, the name, higher quality paint, parts, EVERYTHING! When you buy a bimmer, do you think that people are content if they piece togethor turbo kits from junk yard parts? Its not the same. Go to car max and sit in one of the nicer cars. You can test drive every car on the lot at car max. Check it out and then post back

Your words are falling on deaf ears. I basically said the same thing: There is not a price per horsepower equation. Nobody seems to understand that.

HalfBaked
04-04-2005, 11:34 AM
If I had the money I'd rock a Murcielago.

And if I got passed in the mountains I wouldn't care. Because I'd still be in a Murcielago, but I'd take a gallardo over a Murcielago.

Speedm0(\)key
04-10-2005, 11:51 PM
i got to mess aroudn with a F355 ferrari in the STi, man it was fun as i bet your encounter was with the murcielago.. but yeah im sure this guy must have sucked and couldnt handle so well, to the DragonflyEVO girl ..... at the end of the day.... his car is still a lambo.. and can sell it and buy us all out hell.. he can wreck the thing part it out and buy 4 evos, thats what i think Nismo is trying to say.. you dont necessarily buy a lambo to race the living crap out of it... its just a 100% sports car... and can deliver the experience like your evo and my STi cant... any real REAL sports car.. is a 2 seater 2 door midengine car period.... enthusiasts like us have cars that can get close at a fraction of the price... but have you driven a ferrari or a lambo?... try it

the lambo guy will be sitting his a$$ comfortably in his ostrich leather seats.. while your evo's interior starts to fall apart all on its own (haha reminds me when i test drove an EVo and the console around the stereo fell off in the middle of the whole thing)

you cannot compare these cars... end of story

lemansz
04-11-2005, 12:32 AM

no actually, the z06 is prolyl faster at the drag strip... and
Especially in the turns.

im nto surprised one bit.

the only place a lambo would ever be faster would be from liek a 60 roll on..

Hornswoggler
04-18-2005, 03:09 PM
Just because somebody is tall, doesn't mean they are a great basketball player.

Just because somebody is fat, doesn't mean they make a great football player.

Just because somebody is LPB doesn't mean they are a great on-line FPS gamer.

Just because somebody can afford/desire an exotic doesn't mean they can actually drive. :D

Anyhow, its always a treat to see nice exotic cars. I got to see quite a few this weekend at the ALMS races.

(btw, ruiner, was that your 996TT parked between vendor village and the road to spectator hill? I meant to check the license plate (sure giveaway, lol) but forgot to)

slow_hatch
05-03-2005, 11:24 PM
sounds like a good run. One of my dream cars is a zo6, .....sigh

Ruiner
05-04-2005, 09:01 AM
(btw, ruiner, was that your 996TT parked between vendor village and the road to spectator hill? I meant to check the license plate (sure giveaway, lol) but forgot to)

Is that where Wheel Wizard is located? If so, that was probably me.

static
10-11-2005, 04:49 PM
Nice job in showing him up. It's all about the driver....

DrivenMind
10-11-2005, 07:00 PM
If I had the money I'd rock a Murcielago.

And if I got passed in the mountains I wouldn't care. Because I'd still be in a Murcielago, but I'd take a gallardo over a Murcielago.

I'd take a Diablo over both.

As for cheap cars being sticky in the corners imagine the look on peoples faces when what appears to be a mid-80s Honda Accord is passing them on the inside lane without showing any sign of instability.

Corollas are slow as piss in a straight line, but put fat sticky tires on one with even light suspension mods and they'll stick to the road better than most Mustangs. I think it also has to do with the fact that since I have a 14 inch rim I can afford to run as sticky a street tire as I can without it being terribly expensive, where as most car owners are a little more concerned with getting some life out of their tires.

I <3 Falken Azenis RT-215s

PSINXS
10-11-2005, 08:37 PM
stock for stock? evo.

modded for modded? unless wrx has MAJOR turbo upgrade - evo.
in the mountains yes the evo will own. on the strip stock for stock well we know the STi wins.

BCRAFTY
10-11-2005, 10:11 PM
good post marshall.. Damn slow none america cars

JDMracer16
10-11-2005, 10:45 PM
Sounds like a blast! I not going to lie, id be afraid to push my car to its limits on a mountain road.

benwaballs
10-12-2005, 12:08 AM
why do so many of you talk so much trash about exotic cars? ppl buy them for more than just speed! you think anyone cares or looks twice when you drive by in your sti,evo,vw,z06,ect bye? no, now you see that 282,000 Murcielago go driving by and all of us are like damn!!! i wanna race that bad ass car! anyway do you think the guy driving that cares that he lost to a 50k american car in his 282,000 Lamborghini? no because as he's driving home to his multi million dollar home he knows hes still in a lamborghini and it dosn't matter if he lost to a school bus! because well its a lamborghini.

why does price matter? you have a 50k+ car do you care when a honda or nissan beat you? i mean thats 40k diff right there? what you pay for something has nothing to do w/ how fast it should be.

DeutscheBAG!
10-12-2005, 01:38 AM
what you pay for something has nothing to do w/ how fast it should be.

except for the rx-8 :doh:

Ruiner
10-12-2005, 07:21 AM
why does price matter? you have a 50k+ car do you care when a honda or nissan beat you? i mean thats 40k diff right there? what you pay for something has nothing to do w/ how fast it should be.

Unfortunately, most people will not follow this line of thought. It's a losing battle, really. Save your breath...

DrivenMind
10-12-2005, 11:49 AM
Unfortunately, most people will not follow this line of thought. It's a losing battle, really. Save your breath...

Reminds me of that parable about the sour grapes...
you know the fox can't obtain the grapes so he assumes they're sour...

Kinda like people with less expensive cars forget that quality craftsmanship isn't free.

run4cover
10-12-2005, 01:39 PM
Well, it depends on what your buying a car for....noone buys an EVO to take long trips with the kids in. People who buy Porsches, ferraris, lambos and other exotic buy them for status(rather are willing to admitt it or not). Are you telling me that a Cayenne is any more refined than a tourag (or however you spell the VW suv's name). I laugh at everyone that say they bought an M3 for performance....money wasted! They look good, but are overrated when it comes to straight line performance vs. $$$$.

I think the real sports car enthusiasts are the people who buy corvettes and cobras(and cars in that price range...add supras, 300zx's,blah,blah).

Now, If a Honda whoops your porsche turbo, should you feel bad? If you claim you like Porsches because they are fast, you should. But if you're just another yuppie with money, you wouldn't care. I know I declined buying a ferrari 348 because a stock LS-1 vette would whoop on it soo bad, I know I would have been pissed. But that's just me.....I don't care about big $$$ rides (rather I can afford it or not)....just give me a fast shit box and I'm happy :D

To each his own...BTW..I'm a porsche fanatic...I despise BM trouble U's! :mad:

Disclaimer: The veiws expressed are my own....If you don't like/agree with them...too bad!!!! they won't change anytime soon :lmfao: