PDA

View Full Version : Misc RC Car question..!?!?!?

ALVIN
02-28-2006, 09:40 AM
Ok guys I've had my CEN Racing CT-4s for about 3 months. Its not starting anymore and I have looked through many things...I believe it is my clutch bell or carburator. I took apart the engine and nothing seems to be broken internally...the piston is still in emaculate shape, no burn marks or anything. Just wondering if any has had this problem before. Oh an the glow plug is brand new. Lemme know :goodjob:

civic95
02-28-2006, 10:01 AM
Put your finger over the air intake on the carb,and then try to start it. Then take your finger off, and try to start it (this will bring fuel up to the carb). If it starts then dies, its not continuing to bring fuel to the carb. If it still doesn't start your glow plug is not working. Another way to test the glow plug is to take it out, and stick it in the ignitor. If it glows, or gets real hot, you know its fuel related.

ALVIN
02-28-2006, 10:44 AM
Well the glow plug works I know that...and I can get fuel to the carb but it still wont start...I guess I'll just take it to Gamers Getaway when I get the chance...that is where I bought it from. I also think it might be set too lean but I do not know what is "stock" for the high end needle...I used Blue Thunder when I broke it in and since then I coouldnt find a place that sells litres so I used some fuel from a place called B&B Sales Hobby Shop in Snellville...don't really like it. Might just be that. But if it is the engine than .15 big block turbo engine here i come lol 5hp :grin: from a street engine

Nitro
02-28-2006, 10:45 AM
check the flux capacitor. :D

Danny
02-28-2006, 05:35 PM
try a NEW glow plug first. other than that i dont know,.. cant remember

[thread jack] anyone want to buy all my RC stuff? Nitro RS4 (new OS.15, carbon chassis, ect ect) with an old RC-10 elec, and who knows what else. its cheapp :D [/thread jack]

Nah Mean?
02-28-2006, 06:37 PM
make sure the engine isn't flooded.

is it a pull start?

if the crank is very resistant to pull, it's flooded.

If not mess around with the settings.