PDA

View Full Version : Misc Best computer processors?

HatchMan
02-26-2006, 10:12 PM
Hey guys I am in the market for a laptop.
It 's going to be my first time buying one so I need some advice por favor.....
I've heardthat the worst processor is the Celeron so I am gonna stay away from that one.
How about the other ones?
Centrino? pentium M? AMD Sempron? AMD 64 thurion....?
Which one is the best?

v3rd1g0
02-26-2006, 11:22 PM
what are you going to be using the laptop for? are you wanting more battery life or more power? processor really depends on what you use it for. I have a sempron in my laptop that all i do is goto class with it and get on aim when i'm away from my big rig... my roommate has amd64 mobile or w/e and he uses that thing for gaming, auto cad, and more...so yeah whatcha gonna use it for?

4dmin
02-27-2006, 07:30 AM
AMD 64 Turion

HatchMan
02-27-2006, 08:01 AM
Well I am gonna use for watching and burning DVDs, wireless internet acces, and also playing some really basic games like FIFA (nothing fancy or elaborated as Battelfield for example)......
and yeah what's the deal with 32 and 64 bits? Is my computer gonna be outdated very soon if I buy a 32? thanks

v3rd1g0
02-27-2006, 08:42 AM
yeah 32 will become outdated in the next couple years. amd and intel are turning towards 64 bit processors even tho there's isn't a really good 64 windows yet. i hear 64bit linux is amazing tho. i'd say go with 64bit, u'll enjoy it in the long run, 64bit processors still have kick ass 32bit capabilities

ClipseGST
03-03-2006, 08:25 PM
Only go with AMD products. They are better costwise, and performance wise. Right now, the best mobile processor that they are offering is the AMD Turion 64. It's blowing out the Centrino in performance. They are pretty close with battery life... but you also get the benefit of having the 64-bit architechture to run WinXP 64, and other hot shitzzz on.

wantboost
03-07-2006, 04:12 PM
^^ by the time 64 bit becomes usefull the laptop will be burnt out. desktop yea get the 64 bit. because if something blows you can replace it. even if it is outdated

Wurm
03-08-2006, 10:48 PM
Amd processors are always the faster choice. But for reliability I choose A Pentium. You can get a Pentium Duo Core which is 64bit. Amd's just have a tendacy of running hot and they suck down power life. Lol all i run is AMD (gamers CPU) :)

Fugged.Dup
03-09-2006, 01:35 AM
Amd processors are always the faster choice. But for reliability I choose A Pentium. You can get a Pentium Duo Core which is 64bit. Amd's just have a tendacy of running hot and they suck down power life. Lol all i run is AMD (gamers CPU) http://forums.importatlanta.com/images/smilies/smile.gif

intel is the one not good with reliability.. just so you know
also AMD runs about 10c colder under heavy load and 15c on idle

i do a lot of over clocking.. best stick with amd. intel is over rated and over priced

Flip
03-09-2006, 05:09 AM
intel is the one not good with reliability.. just so you know
also AMD runs about 10c colder under heavy load and 15c on idle

i do a lot of over clocking.. best stick with amd. intel is over rated and over priced

Very well said! :) You are correct sir.