i placed my order for the following for the z

nismo cams
nismo r tuned exhaust
nismo intake

popcharger
unorthodox pulley

what do you all think?

posted this on the z boards too

tony ur two cents could be greatly appreciated!

Speedm0(\)key
02-27-2006, 05:28 PM
honestly... id say stay away from nismo.. though you might have a hook up on their parts.. they havent spit out good #'s.

may i add.. you're not making sense.. you cannot use the nismo CAI with the popcharger.

GirlieZ
02-27-2006, 05:32 PM
opps well my mom was gonna order it but i guess ill tell her no

Brett
02-27-2006, 05:50 PM
I cant wait to see it in the next few weeks :)

Vteckidd
02-27-2006, 06:59 PM
man, with the PRICE of all that stuff you could do a basic turbo kit i would bet. Nismo shit aint cheap, even if you do get a deal.

im sure the cams and install and all the rest of that stuff has to be in the $2000-3000 range. am i wrong?

BOOST.

rolling_trip
02-27-2006, 07:07 PM
hey as long as mommy is paying for it, let her be

PSINXS
02-27-2006, 07:23 PM
seriously rethink your options here. like mike said, you could probably go boost for what you are spending. i am not talking about buying a damn greddy complete kit, but piecing together your own. you can still have a quality kit without the hefty price tag.

also knowledge is power. Instead of relying on others, search, search, and search again. you can find all the info you need just by reading. it takes time but u wil be happy. Because kowing a CAI and a pocharger intake cant be used together is common sense i thought.

not try to bash u or hurt feelings, jsut trying to help

Speedm0(\)key
02-27-2006, 07:57 PM
if you know the Z.. and if you're trying to go all motor.. nismo will never cross your mind.

NAIZBST
02-27-2006, 08:44 PM
nice

GirlieZ
02-28-2006, 03:05 AM
all i have to say is the discount is substancial, and i have a mechanic who works on the z for fun. i cant stand it when ppl try to take a cheap way out with parts...i dont even want to get into it (RICERS). I have been offered by ******** to do a greddy setup, but booting a v6 doesnt do it for me, especially for a show car, i would rather boost an inline. Im not trying to roll with the kills forum bc i enjoy me some dirty bertie. okay im tired, sick of validating myself, but thanks for the opinions, SM and all

GirlieZ
02-28-2006, 03:19 AM
seriously rethink your options here. like mike said, you could probably go boost for what you are spending. i am not talking about buying a damn greddy complete kit, but piecing together your own. you can still have a quality kit without the hefty price tag.

also knowledge is power. Instead of relying on others, search, search, and search again. you can find all the info you need just by reading. it takes time but u wil be happy. Because kowing a CAI and a pocharger intake cant be used together is common sense i thought.

not try to bash u or hurt feelings, jsut trying to help

yep u caught me on that cai popcharger, im still a noob to the motor stuff for the most part, but i just want a nice setup that isnt that extensive and will be good for shows. im looking for a s13, that will be my boost project, im sure ill learn on that but i have a bunch of good ppl to help me out ;)

BufordŽ
02-28-2006, 03:24 AM
Interesting. What made you decide on going this route? Not bashing, just courious.

GirlieZ
02-28-2006, 03:27 AM
from talking to people who have zs they suggested building motor then boosting so the engine could handle greater then 8psi, i just dont think its worth it to slap a 6grand turbo setup on a virgin engine to run that low of boost. plus its a show show car, we have to look good but some added go and grr is a perk too

BufordŽ
02-28-2006, 03:34 AM
Point served. Good choice. Gotta look good while going at a decent pace.

jackdaripper
02-28-2006, 06:14 AM
Yes build first boost later, everyone has seen nothing but bad things trying to boost these motor when they are stock. All you need for a safe 500 is pistons and rods more then that sleeved.

tony
02-28-2006, 06:19 AM
actually.......

There was a guy who got really good gains from using the filter on the pop charger and the rest of the parts from a CAI.. I dont think it would be a HUGE difference but he made impressive numbers. (I think he used the Injen CAI though)

I'm really no expert on the stuff, I just know what I've tried and a few others. I had the Nismo Exhaust and LOVED it.. for the gains and for the sound I never got rid of that exhaust even when I went forced induction.

As for the cams and all of that I stayed away when I was N/A because it was bad enough getting Nissan to honor the warranty with high flow cats that the service manager suggested.. so I dont know a great deal about cams on the VQ unless you're talking turbos.

Pulleys will be nice for engine response.. I think they add like 5whp N/A?? Somewhere around there, one of the guys at a dyno day did a before and after with pulleys and it gave him 5 extra horses.