PDA

View Full Version : TPS SENSOR WTF

bign1535
02-26-2006, 09:05 PM
so my check engine light came on today and that was the code that i got my shit idels at 1400 0r so and it drops down to 900 then back up so i took my throttle body apart cleaned it all that good shit sand its still doing it then i noticed that one of the tree wires going to the tps copper was exposed so i cut the wire and stripped it and re saudered it togeather and put shrink tubbing around it and its still messed up shoot me some ideas or places that i can go to have my emissions done on the lo lo thanx

Scrilla
02-27-2006, 09:42 AM
so my check engine light came on today and that was the code that i got my shit idels at 1400 0r so and it drops down to 900 then back up so i took my throttle body apart cleaned it all that good shit sand its still doing it then i noticed that one of the tree wires going to the tps copper was exposed so i cut the wire and stripped it and re saudered it togeather and put shrink tubbing around it and its still messed up shoot me some ideas or places that i can go to have my emissions done on the lo lo thanx

I dunno about the lo-lo...looks like you just need to go ahead and replace the throttle positioning sensor(TPS). It is a common problem and not much can be done to "fix it". LMK how it goes... What kinda car BTW?

bign1535
02-27-2006, 06:31 PM
00 si and i replaced it once already still messed up