PDA

View Full Version : ECLIPSES???

LemonAJAX
02-25-2006, 09:40 AM
so has anyone heard any thing bout the 95-99 or the 01-05 eclipses.. my friend said they throw rods.. something bout the back wall being so thin.. that when you rev it over 5-6K the rod just pushes through thte back wall...anyone know anyhting about it.. true or not?? cause i'm looking at an 01 eclipse and i;m not going to buy it it thats gonna happen..naw i mean??

xxrealmsxx
02-25-2006, 03:46 PM
so has anyone heard any thing bout the 95-99 or the 01-05 eclipses.. my friend said they throw rods.. something bout the back wall being so thin.. that when you rev it over 5-6K the rod just pushes through thte back wall...anyone know anyhting about it.. true or not?? cause i'm looking at an 01 eclipse and i;m not going to buy it it thats gonna happen..naw i mean??

your friend sucks get new ones.
read the forums below and get the answer for yourself and use them for your future questions; but just to let you know what your friend told you is far fetched and retarded.
www.dsmtuners.com 91 -99 help
http://www.club3g.com/ 2000 - 2005 help

p.s.

your friend really really is an idiot.

BlkCD5
02-25-2006, 04:08 PM
The only thing i heard about the 95-99 eclipse is the crankwalk issue and electrical problems. Also their trannies aren't that great.

imbosile
02-25-2006, 04:18 PM
well i have an 02 GT, and I like it a lot. I know most of you guys don't, so just keep it to yourself.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b290/prelude511/Resized_PB190024.jpg
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b290/prelude511/Resized_P9170019.jpg

BlkCD5
02-25-2006, 04:25 PM
I like it but prefer the previous gen eclipses cus of the mod factor.

Evil Goat
02-25-2006, 05:32 PM
ok...dsmtuners is full of useless assholes, dont bother, check out gadsm.org tons of local guys who know their stuff backwards and forwards

crankwalk....
its not a myth but it is an overplayed problem, i read an article on this matter and it said that less than 2% of dsms actually crankwalk, and id be willing to be alot of the cases you hear isnt actually crankwalk but something else and a mis diagnosis by someone who doesnt know what theyre talking about...

the trannies...
theyre made of glass and plastic, lol, not litterally but they are definetly prone to some stuff tearing up when making some power and beating on the daily, easily fixable w/ a tre or shep racing rebuild or reman tranny

pros and cons....
they dont say "dsm's...turning ordinary people into mechanics since 1989" for nothing......modding requires maintenance so if you want a reliable DD go for stock/near stock....if you like working on a car, learning to work on a car, having downtime dsm's are the way to go, i DD my cobra so i dont have any problems w/ mine seeing any down time waiting on parts, etc

the 1g's are some of the best looking cars ive seen(im partial though), 2g's as well, and i would personally go for a tsi awd talon or eclipse gsx (same car) and when modded right they can go along way, my cousin just sold his 95 gs-t that was equipped w/ a 50 trim and supporting mods and made 301whp/276tw on 20psi/pump gas UNTUNED without ever having to crack open the motor for anything....the 4g63t's are superb motors that can handle lots of power without alot of internal work

the one and only upside to a 3g is i hear a evo viii motor will drop right in w/ no modifications using a fwd tranny to match up...i personally dont know if thats true or not but if it is it would be the only thing that would sway me from buying a 1g/2g dsm

LemonAJAX
02-25-2006, 10:09 PM
well i really dont care whether anyone else likes the 3g.. cause i do.. i dont care for the 1g and 2g.. love the 3g and 4g though.. and yeah i've heard a lot about the moddablility factor..not a big deal for me.. i mean eventually it will but for now.. oh well.. and yes i know my friends a retard.. he's the one out of the group most likely to be talking shit..lol

LemonAJAX
02-25-2006, 10:11 PM
btw thw one i'm looking at is black, and a sport shift.. but it's got some minor problems, but the guy wants too much so we're gonna talk him down..

imbosile
02-25-2006, 10:53 PM
is it a V6 or the 4 cylinder?

LemonAJAX
02-25-2006, 11:04 PM
2.4 4 cylindar

LemonAJAX
02-25-2006, 11:05 PM
another question:
where can you find a four-wheel disk brake conversion for the 00+ eclipse?? cause i drove it today and it's gonna need new brakes anyway.. so i might as well go all out.. you know??btw it's sport shift..

1 more thing.. how much would YOU pay for a 01 eclipse GS with sport shift this is whats wrong though
-needs tires
-needs brake job
-door doesnt slowly open it just like flies open (needs new hinge?)
-and it makes a noise in the rear end... think it's the CV joint...
so how much would you pay??

PacoX
02-25-2006, 11:36 PM
What happened to the Nissan Race Team? You'll have to change where it says "KA BITCH!!" below your name if you buy the eclipse. I heard those eclipses have a problem with the gas tank too, iunno if that's worth it.

LemonAJAX
02-25-2006, 11:47 PM
What happened to the Nissan Race Team? You'll have to change where it says "KA BITCH!!" below your name if you buy the eclipse. I heard those eclipses have a problem with the gas tank too, iunno if that's worth it.

well yeah.. and obviously there wont be a NRT cause my nissan is fkinda totaled:rolleyes: so it might MRT..lol no it wont.. but it's not in my hands.. it'll work out how it works out..

imbosile
02-26-2006, 09:21 AM
One other thing, the motor mounts generally always break in the 3G GT's/GTS's, not sure about the 2.4's though, may be different. Mine was making a very loud grinding/knocking noise coming from the front right tire, turned out to be two broken motormounts. So watch out for that.

YokotaS13
02-26-2006, 10:37 AM
10 dollars for a 3g.

but seriously, a honda is gonn eat your as in a 3g, and its ugly....but nowhere near as ugly as hte new ones.

However on teh DSM questions, if you find one that was taken care of, not abused, then you will be fine. as they said above, crankwalk is overrated, and dont slam your tranny into 2nd or 3rd and you will be fine. Dont be scared to get a car with a bad stigma....imbosile wasnt.

YokotaS13
02-26-2006, 10:38 AM
and there is no cv joint on a wheel htat has no axle, just a hub and bearing and stuff.

Evil Goat
02-26-2006, 11:01 AM
^ i was gonna say that....if youre buying a 3/4g eclipse you arent buying for performance thats for sure, if youre gonna make it a low and slow show car then by all means go for it, if you want performance and something to spank some ass with go for a 1g/2g gs-t/gsx/tsi/tsi awd...theres a guy on gadsm w/ a 3g v6 w/ every bolt on imaginable and has been tuned w/ a wideband o2 and still can only manage 14 second time slips (not even fast enough to outrun your avg swapped honda hatch)...i also have a friend w/ a 3g 4g64 w/ a bolt on turbo kit (not sure on the size, but its an okay kit) w/ all supporting mods and still cant muster anything better than 14's, theyre two great drivers who are working on terrible platforms....theyre simply not worth it performance wise

imbosile
02-26-2006, 11:24 AM
^ i was gonna say that....if youre buying a 3/4g eclipse you arent buying for performance thats for sure, if youre gonna make it a low and slow show car then by all means go for it, if you want performance and something to spank some ass with go for a 1g/2g gs-t/gsx/tsi/tsi awd...theres a guy on gadsm w/ a 3g v6 w/ every bolt on imaginable and has been tuned w/ a wideband o2 and still can only manage 14 second time slips (not even fast enough to outrun your avg swapped honda hatch)...i also have a friend w/ a 3g 4g64 w/ a bolt on turbo kit (not sure on the size, but its an okay kit) w/ all supporting mods and still cant muster anything better than 14's, theyre two great drivers who are working on terrible platforms....theyre simply not worth it performance wise

yep, that pretty much hits the nail on the head. It would be nice if they werent such heavy ass cars.

YokotaS13
02-26-2006, 01:14 PM
whats the weight, my spyder was almost 3500 or so lbs i believe the door said

imbosile
02-26-2006, 02:32 PM
my GT is 3050 i think.

YokotaS13
02-26-2006, 02:45 PM
lol the 2g is fatter than the 3g, and still faster

imbosile
02-26-2006, 03:36 PM
haha cool.